Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 23:36:21 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635514454108405760/1051277405312012318/Debussy_-_Danse_sacree_et_danse_profane_for_harp_and_strings_1904.mp3[/player]
Danse sacrée et danse profane | Debussy
[break][break]

Tradition dictated that men led in these matters, but Elisabeth had long discarded that outdated mode of thinking.[break][break]

A hand alighted upon 's shoulder, while the other took his to guide him into the centre of the ballroom. These steps had been practised by her many times before, dictated by a Kalosian etiquette that no longer served any purpose in her life, but had once seemed as essential as breathing.[break][break]

She drew the masked man closer to her as they entered into a rhythm, falling into the familiar step of a waltz as harps and strings soared in a delicate orchestral piece -- light, airy, and dulcet in its tonality.[break][break]

"I admire initiative." Her eyes glanced up to meet his, curious. "Tell me. Are you a confident dancer, or simply reassured that I might make you appear like one for a night?"

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 2:42:28 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"I hope honesty ranks high on your list as well," There was a smile and just a touch of humor in his voice as he spoke, allowing his partner to lead them to the center of the ballroom floor.

"As I'm unfortunately quite the mediocre dancer." Gideon was proficient enough not to step on toes, to lead where appropriate and approximate skill when compared to everyday laymen. But had he grown up wearing suits and dancing at the heels of aristocrats?

No. His was a much more middleclass upbringing.

Confidence was key, however, and Gideon rarely lacked in that department. Their dance was slow yet fluid, intimiate as much as one can be with a stranger in their arms.

But was that really true? Had they really never met before? There was such an intense feeling of familiarity when Gideon looked at that he couldn't believe they were simply strangers.

So, he began testing the waters.

"You look lovely tonight, you know. The butterfly mask was a nice touch." He leaned in, lowering his tone and speaking near the shell of her ear.

"The flowers, too. They remind me of a woman I met at a library once..."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 2:59:53 GMT
[nospaces]

"Honesty?" Her eyebrows raised at the word choice, somewhere between amused and perplexed, as her lips curved into a smirk. "That's a dangerous thing to promise a woman. Difficult to live up to, in my experience."[break][break]

Although his subpar technique, at least, was not a lie. Where his fluidity faltered, she smoothly pulled them across the floor in an effortless motion, relinquishing his lead into her own with ease. [break][break]

His compliment, and his probing comment that followed, were enough to unmask him. The stranger she'd distracted from his copy of A History of Zoonoses and Sapronoses briefly came into focus, and the revelation privately entertained her.[break][break]

"Thinking of another woman while we're dancing, are you?" Her amusement only heightened, glittering sharply in her eyes, as her voice lowered near his ear. "I think I should be offended."

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 3:29:35 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"That's been my experience as well, actually." Complete and utter honesty was a rarity in this world. Sometimes Gideon felt that was for the better, but in this instance...

"For one night? I think I can manage."

Give and take, ebb and flow, their waltz continued around the room. Flashes of light and color flew at the edges of Gideon's vision, but nothing truly comprehensible was registered in his mind. His full focus was on the woman in front of him.

"Thinking of another woman while we're dancing, are you?"

"Me? Never." Unless one knew Gideon well, and those people were few and far between, it would be difficult to discern the teasing lilt in his deep voice. Perhaps, however, was perceptive enough.

"I pride myself on being a gentleman."

With that telling smirk on his lips, he added,

"Where appropriate."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 3:36:47 GMT
[nospaces]

"One night of honesty? Intriguing."[break][break]

There was something of a game in the notion, and it stirred up the competitive side of her as they twirled around the room, one pair of many in this place of anonymity and decadence. [break][break]

At his sly unmasking of her, she laughed, a bright and chiming sound that followed them like yet another melody intertwining with the harmonies of the evening.[break][break]

Her eyes cut towards him, daring him with a teasing grin. [break][break]

"Answer me honestly, then. Do you think I'm looking for gentlemanly behavior tonight?"

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 3:53:31 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
A low chuckle of his own passed through Gideon's lips as he considered her question and whether or not he truly wanted to answer honestly.

So, he thought back on what he knew of the woman in his arms.

He'd seen her at the Slateport University library, studying plant physiology and drawing doodles in the margins of her notes. He'd seen her at the Hoenn Job Fair, manning a booth for Fiorelli Floristry, which he now knew her to run as the sole owner of the business. She was beautiful, well-spoken, gracious and witty towards those around her.

Harmless.

Even when speaking so daringly, she held an air of endearing sincerity. Her forwardness and confidence were also attractivie qualities not lost on .

"That fact that you even ask tells me that you aren't. Not from the right people, anyway."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 4:07:15 GMT
[nospaces]

And she had been harmless, once. A blushing rose without thorns, a pretty face that had yet to learn how to tell pretty lies.[break][break]

She'd walked into a ballroom like this one as a shy, timid Deerling, only to emerge from it years later forged and twisted into something new. [break][break]

Something venomous.[break][break]

"Then it seems like you'll have some convincing to do."[break][break]

Floral notes of lily-of-the-valley and honeysuckle drifted towards him as she murmured in his ear, her blonde hair tickling his skin as she pulled away.[break][break]

Her teeth flashed as she smiled, the very wolf that had accused her of being.[break][break]

"To show me you're the right sort of person to be worth my while this evening."[break][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 4:43:30 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
Was Gideon competitive by nature?

Absolutely. One did not rise to his level of academic and professional success without a certain kind of fire burning in their gut. He had worked hard for everything he'd achieved and knew the value in striving towards one's goals.

And his goal for the evening had apparently just been set.

"Oh? Then I'll just have to try my best." His hand slipped lower down her body, from her waist to the small of her back, pulling her into him a bit closer. Their torsos were now mere inches from touching.

"Or my worst? I suppose that depends on what you like." Despite the flirtatious undertone, his next request came out almost like a challenge. "Why don't you illuminate that for me?"
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 4:58:16 GMT
[nospaces]

Proximity electrified the spark dancing between them, finally igniting as he directed his challenge towards her.[break][break]

The fires of competition burned bright in her, too.[break][break]

Her unrelenting gaze held him fast as Elisabeth slowed the pace between them, leading their bodies through the ballroom with silent purpose. One hand strayed from his shoulder to the nape of his neck, fingertips losing themselves in dark hair as she lingered in place for a moment, the music swelling to a crescendo as their movement abruptly ceased. [break][break]

The inertia of the fall-out brought them closer, bridging what little distance was left between them to something intimate.[break][break]

"There is a saying in Kalos. Les actes sont plus parlant que les mots."[break][break]

At last her emerald eyes released his, raising upwards to guide him to the mistletoe that she had hung there this very evening as an event vendor.[break][break]

A slow, self-satisfied smile creased her lips.[break][break]

"Actions speak better than words."[break][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 18:25:22 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
She'd taken his challenge to heart.

Purposeful fingers curled into the dark strands of Gideon's hair, sending slight jolts of pleasure arcing through his body. The feeling reminded him of how long it'd truly been since he'd felt any sort of intimate touch.

Physical gratification gave way to emotional satisfaction. The music waned, their bodies pressed together, and all too soon the first dance of the night came to an end.

But not before one final probing test courtesy of and her strategically-placed mistletoe.

Emerald eyes met Gideon's umber. His eyebrows lifted briefly, his thin-lipped smile widened - showcasing pleasant surprise at the little detour she'd taken them on. Not one to back down, Gideon indulged in her call to action.

Taking her chin between his thumb and index finger, the director tilted her head upward and leaned down...
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OVERTURE [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 5:35:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: