December 30
Viridian City
heterosexual
unemployed
civilian
Single
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
37 posts
Ned Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ned
Ned Clark
Cyclizar Racing [M][C/Ned]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 20:04:25 GMT
Ned Clark Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ned clicked his tongue in frustration as another competitor passed him. The results of the race mattered not to him, but to so plainly see his garchomp outperformed left a bitter taste in his mouth. He was here to practice, and so far all that he could tell was that he and his pokémon had quite a bit of work ahead of them.
[break]
[break]
"Come on, Gobi! Not much further!"
[break]
[break]
Beyond the brief underpass laid another uphill turn divided into two lanes, apparently designed in such a way that it would be very easy for a pokémon of Gobi's approximate stature to stumble and fall. Ned bit his lip - he would need to be cautious. Winning was not on the table, but he would be damned to let him embarass himself anymore than he already had. He surveyed the remaining track, and devised a plan.
[break]
[break]
Ned called to his partner as they began to ascend the final slope. "Careful now! Steady!"
[break]
[break]
Gobi lowered his head cautiously as he trotted up the way. They had no chance of passing the other racers like this, but at this point Ned's only focus was keeping balance.
[break]
[break]
They rounded the top, and found themselves faced down with the final stretch. Ned smirked.
[break]
[break]
"Alright, this is it! Dragon rush!"
[break]
[break]
Gobi cried out, and Ned's skin raised with goosebumps as draconic energy surged through his garchomp's body. He held on for dear life, nearly flung from his partner's back as the beast launched itself down the final stretch with all of its predatory might. Fast and nimble as the cyclizars had proven to be, they paled in comparison with the ferocity of a garchomp.
[break]
[break]

[break]
ENDURANCE[break]
DmV55oM6
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]Ned Clark

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 6:44:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As several Cyclizar rounded the long curve in front of Gobi, several of them slipped down the inside lane to the outside land from being unable to hold it. The sound of squealing tires accompanied each fall as the Paldeans swiftly reacted to help their dragons regain control. It may have let Ned understand why so many different Pokémon species were allowed to compete against one another. While there were strengths and weaknesses in a Pokémon species, just like in battle, there were also strengths and weaknesses within individuals of each species. This was on full display today, with some Cyclizar having the stamina to hold such a long turn, and others not.

Josh and Goroh followed the ending action from the green on the inside of the course, her wheels retracted. Though Cyclizar were at their fastest when using their tire-like air sacs, Josh preferred the feel of the Pokémon's gallop, and preferred to have Goroh run that way when going her absolute fastest wasn't needed. While the Cyclizar were great at adapting to almost any course on the circuit, Gobi had one special weapon they didn't.

The Garchomp's bio-thrusters finished spooling as Ned and his mount were surrounded in the purple light of DRAGON RUSH. Josh instinctively took his hands off Goroh's steering bones and covered his ears as the shrill sound of Gobi's thrusters drowned out all other noise near the course. It looked like Ned was in pain from the acceleration force, and not at all used to the extreme speeds a Garchomp could fly at. Gobi was whipping and weaving past the competition left and right, though the duo could not catch the leader; he ran out of real estate just as the first two crossed the finish line.

It took Josh a while to catch up, but he was eventually there to applaud Ned. "You're a natural, though DRAGON RUSH is something you simply can't have your Pokémon use without experience. It looked like you were in pain up there! Are you okay?" He looked genuinely concerned for the young man's health.

{WC: 352}
{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Manfrommercury

he/him
twenty two
December 30
Viridian City
heterosexual
unemployed
civilian
Single
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
37 posts
Ned Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ned
Ned Clark
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 20:25:11 GMT
Ned Clark Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ned's hair whipped back in the rushing air as his garchomp propelled him to the finish line. His dragon slowed to a trot, and he began to catch his breath. The rush of adrenaline had tensed his entire body, and put his mind in something of a daze. It took a good moment to register with him that he had come in third place. Gobi knelt down as Ned stepped off.
[break]
[break]
"Thanks, Josh." He rubbed his neck. "I'll be alright. Wasn't our first time. I've been practicing a lot, away from the population centers. I'm a classic sort of trainer, I suppose you can say."
[break]
[break]
He looked over the contestants, many of them clearly displeased to have lost to such a beast as a garchomp. But Ned did not think himself so advantaged. After all, two of the Paldean mounts had managed to outdo him. But nonetheless, it was not his concern. He had come to practice, not to compete, and now he was sure that even in the heat of combat, he and his dragon would excel.
[break]
[break]
"You were excellent, Gobi." Ned returned his garchomp to his pokéball.
[break]
[break]
He turned back to Josh. "Once again, can't thank you enough," he said, shaking the gym leader's hand. "Next time, I'll be here for your badge. But for now, I think I need a nap. Another race like that and I'll get whiplash."
[break]
[break]
Ned could feel his mood souring as he exited through the front double doors of the gym. Team Rocket was becoming stronger by the day, and while trainers like Josh and his racers were still perfectly capable of organizing fun and games, it was only a distraction. And if the threat continued to grow, then perhaps the people of Hoenn would not even have that.
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]Ned Clark

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 0:09:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: