awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 16:03:56 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Vaneau family ranch situated on Fallarbor's outskirts was a paradise for critters of all sizes. While not as popular as the daycare of Route 117, some trainers still occasionally dropped their Pokémon here to play and roam freely in the wide open fields. Yet, one Salazzle showed no interest in mingling with others of her kind.

"Come on, Lizzie, there's gotta be some Pokémon that you like!" Leaning over the fence, Andrea tried to dissuade the stubborn reptile, who responded to her pleas with a disinterested yawn. Normally, Salazzle were known for their intoxicating beauty and their promiscuous nature, keeping multiple mates at their beck and call. Not Lizzie, though. Lizzie was a strong independent woman who didn't need no man!

Sadly, a Pokémon that wouldn't breed did not bode well for her parents' Breeding business. And since she was Lizzie's trainer, it fell upon Andrea to find a suitable groom for her, even though she herself knew next to nothing about romance. Her parents had warned her that, should she fail this task, there would be grave and ominous consequences.

"I can't believe Mom would threaten to do that..." The dragon-costumed girl sighed dejectedly. She had tried to ease Lizzie into the idea of pursuing love for hours, but there was seemingly no breaking this ice queen's heart.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 1:38:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The bumpy, dirt roads on the outskirts of Fallarbor Town were proving challenging for Goroh, Josh's Cyclizar, to handle. On the flat, paved roads farther south, the dragon-type would be performing wheelies and going close to all-out to both get a feel for what Josh could handle, as well as entertain him. Both mount and rider had a penchant for high speed, and the other knew it well.

The two were racing down the country road, vast properties of several ranch homes flying by during the cool morning. If it was summer, Josh would have flipped his visor up and let the wind hit his face. Instead, he simply weaved about the mostly empty road, keeping Goroh to one side on the occasion traffic came up. "Wait, that's it! We're gonna miss our turn!" Josh barked. may have been able to hear the Cyclizar's wheels screeching against the dirt road as the rider commanded harsh braking and an about face, the Mauville Leader not far from the ranch's entrance.

{WC: 170}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Goroh         Cyclizar       Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 10:56:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea was alerted by the sound of screeching tires and loud yelling. Could that be the sound of an interloper? Could it be that poachers had come to steal her family's prized Pokémon? Summoning one of her most trusted companions, the trainer of dragons rushed towards the source of the ruckus. "Let's go investigate, Chomper!"

What she found there was, thankfully, not a poacher. Rather, it was a man in full racing gear riding on the back of a reptilian creature of some sort. "D-does that Pokémon have wheels?!" The draconic cosplayer muttered in sheer bewilderment. Animals couldn't have wheels; it made no evolutionary sense. The wheel was a human invention.

While introductions had yet to be made at this point, the shiny Hydreigon accompanying the strangely-dressed woman would seem very familiar to Josh, for he had most likely seen that same Hydreigon back during the raid on METENO.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 15:43:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Gym Leader loosed Kokusho's Poké Ball in self-defense, the riding-geared Hydreigon ready to belch dragonfire all over Chomper to keep his trainer safe. When he saw the young female in a dragon costume running toward him, he quickly recognized her from the conscription meeting. "Wait, Kokusho! Hold your fire!" Josh cried, the three-headed dragon holding his attack back. " ? Is that you? I'm glad to see you survived! When we landed, I left as fast as I could trying to get Aslan, my Pyroar, to the hospital. I didn't think he was going to make it after that METEOR BEAM's direct hit."

The young girl's attention quickly turned to the Cyclizar Josh was seated on, who retracted her wheels and started moving more like a quadrupedal dragon. "That's right! It's a new species from Paldea," he answered. "Cyclizar. They're supposedly a really common dragon Pokémon from there. And they can put on some real speed. This one's name is Goroh, and I've been training her so I can race with the Paldeans that will be merging their league with Hoenn's for the 2023 season."

{WC: 186}
{PC: 2}

Kokusho       Hydreigon      Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 16:54:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
After it was firmly established that this young man was not a threat, Andrea called Chomper back into his ball. "Yeah, that would be me... I'm sorry, but I don't think I ever got your name." She replied to the stranger, though the mention of his Pyroar being gravely wounded in battle did bring back some unpleasant memories she'd rather not think about.

The young PokéManiac was surprised to see the Cyclizar switching into a quadruped mode. So those wheels were not mechanical, but part of its anatomy; an air sac and a tail respectively. Fascinating. "Paldea, huh? So that's where all those funny-looking Pokémon are migrating from." The girl mused, nodding in understanding when the man lauded Cyclizar for their high speed.

"I dunno much about Pokémon racing, but you and Goroh are welcome to practice in our ranch!" The draconic cosplayer cheerfully proposed. "There's lots of open space to run around, and it's gotta be better than running in the dirt. Follow me this way!" She guided the racing duo into the ranch proper.

"We're back, Lizzie!" Andrea waved at her Salazzle, who hadn't moved an inch from her spot. Upon noticing that, the girl pouted. "You still haven't found a mate, Lizzie? This isn't good at all..." She muttered to herself, forgetting that her guest could probably overhear.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 20:18:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh gasped when he realized his social mishap. "Oh, right! I'm sorry! I get caught up in conversation easily and forget to do that at times! Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh." The Paldean Pokémon walked toward Andrea and would nuzzle her with her snout if she allowed it, able to tell how much she loved dragon-types. "Awesome! I'll have a look!"

The space was indeed huge. It, of course, paled in comparison to the size of Mauville Racing Grounds, but that was a project crowdfunded by the League and Mauville taxpayers. The size of the estate, considering it was owned by one family, was impressive. "Racing only really took off in the last several years. Think of it like another kind of Pokémon contest. Rather than the contest of strength that a battle serves, or a contest of wit such as a Clever Contest would, it's a contest of speed that physically involves the trainer, too." It was quite different from the Pokéathlon, where the participating Pokémon raced on their own rather than with their trainers atop them.

{WC: 189}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 13:13:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea giggled at the Cyclizar's display of affection, giving the Mount Pokémon a few gentle head rubs. "Heh. You're a good girl!"

The spiky-haired youth, after formally introducing himself as Gym Leader Josh Devlin, gave the young woman a quick crash course on how the sport of Pokémon racing had come to be. "Sounds very interesting! Wouldn't certain Pokémon have an unfair advantage over others, though?" The girl pointed out. Not all Pokémon were born equal in terms of speed, after all. Some even possessed broken abilities such as Speed Boost.

"Speaking of, your Cyclizar looks like she was made for racing! Is it me or does she kinda look like a bike?" The dragon fanatic observed.

All this talk of racing seemed to have caught the Salazzle's attention, who raised a curious eyebrow at them. For the time being, though, the obsidian lizard remained stationary.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 9:24:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Were Andrea to meet more Pokémon of Goroh's species, she would likely find others of the Cyclizar's kind to be just as gentle upon capture. "They're hard to catch, but unlike most dragons, they're quite easy to raise. Didn't take more than a few days before she got used to me. What dragon can you say that about?" Dragon-types, as Josh was certain Andrea was aware of, were notorious for being incredibly challenging to raise.

Andrea's concern was a common one newcomers to the Gym asked Josh all the time. "That's a great question! Federation courses, including ones at my Gym, aren't simple ovals. They can have many turns of various angles, rough terrain designed to tire sprinters out, and all kinds of other twists. Depending on the course, a Pokémon that's purely fast may be at a disadvantage." Even speed itself was a multifaceted topic; some Pokémon were a lot faster than others, but could be outsped by Pokémon over specific distance ranges due to being able to hold burst speeds for longer durations.

Lizzie's gaze caught Goroh's attention, the Cyclizar sounding a low moo and crouching, letting Josh easily dismount. With her oft-worried trainer busy chatting up a storm with Andrea, Goroh slinked off toward Andrea's Salazzle and let out a quiet greeting cry she hoped Josh wouldn't hear.

{WC: 225}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 13:26:27 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young PokéManiac nodded in understanding. She was learning a lot about both racing and how to raise a Cyclizar, should she ever get one. "So speed isn't everything, huh? I bet a Pokémon's stamina plays a big part too."

In response to Goroh's greeting, Lizzie finally deigned to climb off her favorite rock. The salacious salamander stood on her hind legs, scanning the Cyclizar from head to toe with her reptilian, violet eyes. Finally, she greeted her back, a fiery tongue playfully sticking out of her mouth.

"Wow, I've never seen Lizzie make friends with another Pokémon so quickly!" Andrea remarked, pleasantly surprised. "In fact, I've never seen her making friends with anyone!" She added.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 8:04:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh nodded, impressed at Andrea's intuition. "You're exactly right! The three fundamental skills racers evaluate Pokémon by are their raw speed, their stamina, and their turning," he explained. "I'm finding that Cyclizar are really well-rounded as mounts, and with them using their air sacs like a vehicle's tires, the ride is buttery smooth, unlike most Pokémon where--" Their conversation was broken up by the sound of Goroh's air sac squealing against the ground as she was trying to impress Lizzie by holding a wheelie. She violently launched forward, away from the Salazzle before running back toward her on four legs instead. Josh rolled his eyes.

"As I was saying, most Pokémon will rock you back and forth when you're riding them. I like it better that way; it makes me feel like I'm as one with my mount, which is really important. It is one more thing to worry about as a beginner, though. If you want to get into racing, I hope you find a Cyclizar, as they're relatively fast and are very balanced. Of course, exact capabilities will vary among individual specimens, but as a whole they're very well rounded." Josh's gaze met Goroh and Lizzie playing with one another. "If your Salazzle grows big enough, even she could carry you on the track!"

{WC: 219}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 8:47:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Her earlier observation that Cyclizar were seemingly made for racing rang true, as Josh explained how well rounded and ideal for riding they were. "I'd rather not get rocked back and forth, thank you very much." The dragon enthusiast remarked. Being used to riding on the back of her flying dragons, she'd never had to deal with that issue.

Lizzie was thoroughly impressed by Goroh's little trick, clapping her reptilian paws, while letting out a shrill sound akin to laughter.

"I don't think Salazzle can grow big enough to carry humans on their backs. And they're not that fast to begin with." Andrea mused, although the thought of participating in a race with a Pokémon of her own was beginning to sound more and more enticing.

As if wanting to prove her trainer wrong, Lizzie began running around the field on her hind legs. It was a very clumsy, goofy-looking run that looked more like a sped up waddle, but it was a run nonetheless. Look at her go!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 9:24:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Many land Pokémon had rough gallops that could be a bit rough for a rider to get used to. Josh understood; some preferred buttery smooth flight that most dragons were capable of. Others loved the feel of being bounced along by the Pokémon's running stroke. Others still loved being flung around by a swerving Pokémon's tight turns. Every rider had their preference, and that's what made the sport so surprisingly accessible! "If you're used to the smooth flight of most dragon Pokémon, then that's understandable. Your Hydreigon looked incredibly well behaved when I saw her. I wish I could say the same for mine; Kokusho really has a mind of his own."

Their Pokémon looked like they were having a good time! Needing a rest, the large dragon-type sat down next to Lizzie. That close proximity didn't last long, though, as the Salazzle took off with surprising speed! Sure, the average Salazzle didn't grow big enough for a human to hop on, but if Lizzie's size was an indicator, there were ones big enough out there! "Andrea, you'd be surprised," Josh gently retorted with a smile. "Let me show you Blinky. Her species is typically smaller than Salazzle usually are."

From Josh's Poké Ball came a saddle-wearing Jolteon the racer was quick to pull himself onto. There wasn't a huge amount of room between the ground and the Gym Leader's feet, but there was enough for him to be comfortable. After all, with how lightning fast the species was, a brush with the ground could end up pulling a leg muscle on its own! "Admittedly, from what I understand, this is on the cusp of how big a Jolteon can get. But it should give you an idea! They're out there!"

{WC: 296}
{PC: 6}

Blinky        Jolteon        Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 10:09:27 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Actually, it's a he." Andrea politely corrected Josh. "And he's only well behaved around me, because I've had him since I was a little girl." She explained, thinking back to how many times she had to stop Chomper from going on a rampage. Hydreigon were notorious for their brutality, after all.

The young woman cracked a smile at the Salazzle's awkward running. "I've never seen Lizzie this happy. Maybe it's in her blood to be a racing Pokémon instead of a breeding one." Her parents probably wouldn't approve, but as long as Lizzie was happy, Andrea was happy too.

The racing-obsessed youth gave her a visual demonstration of how Pokémon sizes could vary, showing off his Jolteon that was large enough to serve as a mount. "I never knew Eevee's evolutions could be anything other than house pets. I guess no Pokémon is born to do just one thing." What was a good thread without a moral, right?

The eccentric trainer clenched her fists and faced Josh with a look of fiery determination. "I'm gonna raise the perfect racing Pokémon using everything you've taught me! And then we're gonna challenge your Gym, Mr. Devlin!" She declared resolutely.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 16:06:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh frowned upon being corrected. While Josh wasn't a dragon specialist like Andrea was, he should have been able to recognize the differences between males and females. "My bad. I'm sorry about that!" he apologized. "No wonder he's so well behaved! You're one brave trainer to be willing to raise such a challenging Pokémon so soon." His frown was erased upon recognizing Lizzie may have wanted to compete on the track rather than being a breeder's prized Pokémon. "See how much more she grows! If she's still got room to grow, then hop on when she's all grown up and give it a try! You might like it."

Josh nodded as Andrea came to the realization he did years ago. "Pokémon have individual ambitions and personalities, just like us! Admittedly, Blinky here did come from a breeder that bred her specifically for racing. She had to have four surgeries just to be able to battle, but she's now a mainstay of my Gym in the Doubles format." He had used a combination of Blinky and Illumina, his Lanturn, to acquire several Gym Badges in the region already.

It seemed the young Leader's advertising had worked! Perhaps Andrea would even join the racing circuit later this year. While Josh only entered the major races, it would still be fun! "I'd sign up as soon as you can while the wait is short. We're only booked out a week or two right now! Looking forward to it!" With that, he would help the dragon enthusiast sign up if need be. "Looking forward to the dragon race!"

{WC: 267}
{PC: 7}

Blinky        Jolteon        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Lizard Love [M]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 9:47:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: