Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 23:24:40 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It’s been cold recently, too cold. It made her feel stiff and the chill that sank down into her bones made the Beast feel even more rigid than normal – both physically and emotionally.

There are a few places in Hoenn she hadn’t frequented yet, one of them being fellow Rocket Beast ’s bar: Howling at the Moon. The dark ambiance was attractive and made Lex feel right at home. There were a few too many people for her liking but they could be easily avoided.

Cold and alone, a pair of feelings too familiar recently.

The warmth of the bar helped stave off one of them, so much so that she shrugged off the black leather jacket and hung it over the back of the bar stool. She chose a location at the end of the bar purposefully, leaving several empty bar stools between her and the next patron. She lifted the small piece of paper with the bar’s specialties off the dark metal, browsing over it in the faint industrial lighting.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".lex"]--accent:#9b0c17; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote b, .lex blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".lex .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #9b0c17; [/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 4:50:45 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

The last time the Rocket admin had entered Howling at the Moon, it had been with , and she had left the emptied-out bar more drunk than she had ever allowed herself to be in Hoenn.[break][break]

This time, Elisabeth arrived to a bar filled to the brim with patrons; she slipped easily between the crowded silhouettes, nothing more than a flash of golden hair among the many bodies celebrating the New Year.[break][break]

As always, she looked for a small corner of solace in the midst of so much activity, and she found it at the few empty seats left beside the bar. Something had distracted many others on the further end of the bar -- Some sports event? Some game? -- but Elisabeth didn't particularly care to know what.[break][break]

Unbothered by her own solitude, she removed her soft pink scarf and thick white coat as she seated herself on the bar stool. Ankles crossed as she leaned forward and ordered a SAZERAC, her green eyes only then sliding to see the woman opposite her.[break][break]

After Littleroot and the Transfer of Power that preceded it, was a recognizable face. That didn't make her a familiar one.[break][break]

Politeness was chosen over distance or informality, and Elisabeth raised her drink when it arrived, saying, "To the New Year. May it be less interesting than our last."[break][break]

It was an invitation to conversation, should the Rocket Beast wish for it, but it could be dismissed as a simple greeting all the same.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Bar Crawl: Howling at the Moon (Sazerac)[break]
- Resolution: Resolutions for the New Year.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 18:41:12 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The paper advertised some specialty cocktails, a SAZERAC being the beverage in the spotlight. Lex didn’t quite care for it, so she went with an Old Fashioned instead, much preferring whiskey over whatever it was in the other drinks.

As soon as it arrived in front of her, she zeroed in on the amber liquid, rolling the glass around to watch the clear, spherical ice cube trace the edges of it. While Elisabeth kept an aire of sophistication, Lex built up cold stone walls. She hunched over her drink, leaning against the bar while propping one boot up on the heist bar of the stool to subtly lift her knee.

It wasn’t until Elisabeth’s voice cut through the background noise of the bar that Lex took her gaze off her drink. It was a familiar voice, and that’s probably why she looked a bit surprised when she focused on Elisa. She shouldn’t be surprised, this was a Rocket bar, after all. She was bound to run into someone familiar sooner or later.

The Beast lifted her glass in return. A small smile cracked at the edges of her ruby lips, “Agreed,” though part of her didn’t. The last thing she wanted was to be bored but she could certainly do without being threatened by haughty know-it-alls like the DRK Triad.

Typically, Lex would let the invitation fall flat and tuck back into her own little world. However, she had been curious about the admin since Littleroot. Elisabeth had demonstrated a viciousness she hadn’t expected from the otherwise aloof woman. They fought alongside each other which did forge something of a subtle connection. It could be nurtured and blossom into something or neglected and left the wither away.

Curiosity got the best of her, and Lex chose to accept the invitation. After a long moment of silence, she spoke again, “So, how have you been?” since Littleroot. Groundbreaking conversation, really. Way to go, Lex.

[newclass=".lex"]--accent:#9b0c17; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote b, .lex blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".lex .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #9b0c17; [/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 1:36:54 GMT
[nospaces]

Elisabeth blinked once at the unexpected question. For all its ordinariness, it had always been something difficult for her to answer: How have you been? It implied an expectation to say "fine," or at the very least, to explain why one's answer wasn't "fine."[break][break]

Which was likely why, more often than not, Elisabeth hid her thoughts in indirect replies.[break][break]

"As well as can be expected, I suppose," was her eventual non-answer. She gestured vaguely over her drink, adding dryly, "Given the narrowly avoided apocalypse of the region, I suppose you could say I'm doing splendidly."[break][break]

Her emerald eyes cut to , curious, before she ventured:[break][break]

"And you? Any resolutions for the coming year?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 4:12:56 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Elisabeth’s answer was about what she expected. It didn’t give too much away but implied there was more buried beneath the surface without being too vulnerable. The Beast’s dark red lips twitched into somewhat of a smile, “Splendid?” she sensed the sarcasm, that’s likely what made her smile, “Ahhh yes, Hoenn has been one hell of a trip,” a series of events flashed to forefront of her mind, the raid of Littleroot being the most recent. She took a sip of her drink to wash hem away.

“Resolutions?” Lex hadn’t really thought of having resolutions for the new year. She didn’t answer right away. It was clear she needed to think about it in the way her amber gaze lifts to inspect the ceiling.

To finally get married to was an obvious one. With the barrier down, they could go back to Johto for the ceremony which is what they both wanted. That seemed to personally to share with an acquaintance, though her and Killian’s relationship was no secret, “Hmm, that’s tough, I hadn’t thought about it. Uhhh train more, I suppose?” what a boring and generic answer, “More specifically, I guess train up on how to handle avatars. That Groudon one gave me a run for my money,” her tone had turned bitter by the end.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 7:39:51 GMT
[nospaces]

The mention of Groudon was enough to make Elisabeth grimace, and she raised her drink as she drily muttered, "A toast to that, then. To the downfall of ."[break][break]

Ideally after he'd paid for his flower arrangements for his upcoming wedding. Elisabeth could be practical, in that way.[break][break]

The mention of Littleroot drew similar thoughts to mind, of training and of inherent weakness. She'd been battered and tossed about, shattered ribs and pride alike resolving in a desire to do better -- to be stronger.[break][break]

Something she'd not expected a Rocket Beast to relate to.[break][break]

"I have been attempting to better myself," she admitted, wondering if such an admission might be seen as a weakness in and of itself to a woman like . "I do better when I am unnoticed, when I can act in the shadows unseen. To be on the frontlines of battle..."[break][break]

She gestured vaguely, the vestiges of her sobriety beginning to fuzz and blur away.[break][break]

"You can tell when you're at a disadvantage," she explained finally.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 17:37:42 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 That made her laugh. Well done, Elisabeth. It’s light but genuine and Lex raised her glass in agreement, “Yes, to their downfall,” Lex politely sipped afterwards, too superstitious with such a toast to let it go.

Lex listened to Elisabeth as she expressed her discomfort. Littleroot apparently weighed heavily n both of their minds. Elisabeth did get it worse than Lex, but any failure Lex had in Littleroot was a painful reminder of her standing amongst the top tier of trainers in Hoenn. She didn’t belong up there amongst the other Beasts. Her prowess in battle was average, at best.

“I use to be just like that,” she mused, thinking of earlier days, ”I was like a ghost,” no wonder she had a fondness for them, “I still prefer it that way but most of my assignments involve blunt conflict,” something she was still getting use to and, in a way, did find exhilarating, “You don’t have to be on the frontlines, you know. That’s what we’re for,” she vaguely motioned to herself, referencing the other Beasts without mentioning them, ” There’s plenty of important work behind the scenes.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 0:01:30 GMT
[nospaces]

"You? A ghost?" Elisabeth asked, genuinely surprised. "Hmm... you were very light of foot in Littleroot, as I recall. That's a useful skill, I think. Being able to evade."[break][break]

It occurred to Elisabeth that she'd always held a faint suspicion that the Rocket Beasts looked down on her -- not because of anything she had said or done, but rather, because of what she lacked when compared to them.[break][break]

She was not so strong or powerful when compared to a great many of Rocket's members, and yet she stood as an admin rising above them.[break][break]

Privately, she'd imagined that was a source of resentment. It was her experience that people despised those with unearned power, and worthiness was in the eye of the beholder. The strong, to her mind, valued the strong.[break][break]

So her gratitude was genuine when she looked to the Rocket Beast and listened to her words, drinking as well to cement their toast with one another.[break][break]

"Maybe it's not my duty to be on the frontlines," she conceded, "but I don't like to assume other bodies will always be there to protect mine. There is always the possibility of being caught alone and unawares."[break][break]

Something she knew better than most.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
budding [barcrawl]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 4:46:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: