Foolishness

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
Foolishness
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 18:37:40 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
A Sandile. Now that was not exactly a ground-breaking commission, pun intended. But still, it was better than nothing. If she could find and catch one, then she could sell it and get back into the game. To an extent at least. It would take years to build up a reputation, especially when she had to appear like this. But fortunately, this old client of hers had only contacted her through text, so she could at least postpone the inevitable disbelief until she could present results.

But that also meant actually getting one, so it was probably best if she focused more on the tall-ish grass in front of her. Fortunately, there would be nothing odd about what she was doing for others that might come across the route. It was a decently warm spring day, sun out and not too far from civilization. Having someone of her size trying to catch some Pokemon would be entirely natural and would not rouse questions. Still, she did stay on the edge of the grass for now, having sent out Houndour into it to look for other Pokemon. Not because she was scared or anything, of course. But that grass now did reach up almost to her shoulders. It would be hell trying to wade through that with possible wild encounters about. Hence, she tried to play this smart, not hard.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Foolishness
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 20:50:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had to bond with some of his more unruly Pokémon to gain their trust. After some intense training, both him training Tiamat and Tiamat training him, he had finally calmed the Dragonite to the point where he felt comfortable having her around other people routinely. She was still moody, but at the very least behaved when asked, and now tolerated others sitting in her saddle. While that was one victory, there were still many more to be had. He was hard at work taming a highly aggressive, giant warrior drone by the name of King Zing, but the high altitude of Route 114 was not the place to do that.

Instead, he would be taking Komainu, his Houndoom, out for a run. As Josh pulsed his wrists like one would reins, the signal to run being absorbed into the black canine's steering horns, the Pokémon let out a howl before bounding toward the grass bordering Fallarbor Town and the mountain road proper.

{WC: 165}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Komainu       Houndoom       Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Tiamat        Dragonite      Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon        Good
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
Foolishness
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 21:31:07 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Houndour’s head rose above the grass, ears perking up. Clearly, it had heard something. Just not something anywhere in the grass it seemed, for it seemed looking towards the direction of the nearest town briefly. It then returned to the path briefly, seemingly trying to locate what it had heard or smelled.

Then, it returned its attention towards the grass. Slightly confounded by this behaviour, Lash shielded her eyes against the sun with her hand and looked over the grass as best she could, trying to figure out what was going on. There was something moving swiftly through the grass, it seemed, but she could not make out what exactly it was. That could be a wild Pokemon, potentially, so she steadied herself. However, instead of the low snarl that Houndour usually emitted when it noticed a threat, it instead started barking loudly.
That was probably not the best idea. But it had already done so, hence it would probably pointless to tell it to stop. Lash instead focused and prepared for anything. Since anything could happen, that just seemed like the right call there.

PART OF
TAG WITH
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Foolishness
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 21:46:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Komainu was charging toward the tall grass, and fast! It was during times like these that Josh wished more of his Pokémon would be willing to wear reins due to the fine control they gave him. Instead, he yanked back on the Houndoom's hardened white horns, and not a moment too soon; he was about to run over a barking Houndour that looked like he would have attacked him at any moment!

Only after the fierce barking got the rider's attention did Josh notice the young lady near it. The Houndoom slid to a stop and bucked Josh once, the Gym Leader sounding a grunt from the sharp kick. He took a moment to catch his breath aboard the now-calm Houndoom before calling out to her. "Oh, is the little one yours? I'm sorry for scaring them!"

{WC: 138}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Foolishness
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 22:54:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CAMERUPT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOLID ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ERUPTION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MASCHIFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]JAW LOCK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
Foolishness
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 22:53:11 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
So, it was a rider. There were quite a few of them these days, were they not? She had met one on the way to a space-time distortion recently as well. Though she reckoned that an Houndoom, especially a big one, was a reasonably….reasonable mount in comparison to what that woman had fielded.

Still though, Lash regarded the stranger with skepticism and some apprehension. As someone with her frame probably should, but she hated to think of herself that way, so she discarded the thought. Instead, she calmed her own Houndour down by briefly patting its back. “He was not scared,” she plainly replied, as always not liking it when she felt herself or her Pokemon being belittled. Even when they were not. Emphasis on felt, really.

Either way though, she was about to say more when suddenly, another kind of roar sounded. A bit drowsy, maybe, but deep and certainly at least a little bit powerful, as somewhere in the grass, smoke started to billow.

TAG WITH

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Foolishness
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 2:33:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The eruption was from a Camerupt that had been disturbed when Komainu raced past, and she didn't look too happy. Most of the Pokémon Josh had brought were not adept at handling the Fire and Ground-type Pokémon, but he had one. "Tiamat!" Josh called, hurling a Poké Ball toward the wild, from which emerged a saddled Dragonite. "Chase it off with your AQUA TAIL!" he commanded. The large, yellow dragon squinted as a veil of water surrounded her tail, swinging it at the wild. From point-blank range, just before the collision, the fire-type's humps exploded with a magma ERUPTION, even the heat-resistant scales not enough to fully protect Josh's fastest partner. The steam flying outward from the Camerupt's wet body was enough to force a retreat.

With the battle over, Josh withdrew the dragon-type and turned his Houndoom to face Lash and the Houndour. "You two okay?" After making sure the two were unharmed, Josh introduced himself. "Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh. May I ask what you two are out and about for?"

{WC: 182}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Foolishness
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 7:00:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MURKROW APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INSOMNIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WING ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUCKER PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOODRA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GOOEY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TEARFUL LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
Foolishness
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 20:54:19 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Of course we are okay, Mr. Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin,” she replied, pouting. Of course was, otherwise she wouldn’t have offered the full name treatment to the other. That was reserved for bigwigs or those that thought themselves that.

Plus, that guy did not truly have any grounds to question her. Rangers were always like that, asking questions where they did not belong. Lash was not even poaching here. Could not be. This was a public route not under protective governance. Anyone was allowed to fight and catch Pokemon here. Even kids. Though, granted, she kind of counted as one right then. Which was only more annoying. “Besides, what does it look like we are doing here? Of course we are training. And –“ Lash whirled, hearing something rustling behind them. Houndour did, too, swiftly approaching the Murkrow that was peeking out of the tall grass, tackling it and rolling over the ground with it.

“….Speak of the devil,” Lash noted, before blinking. “Devil, not Devlin!”

@joshdevil

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Foolishness
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:46:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's facial expression turned to a perturbed look as Lash returned his greeting with every name and title in the book. "If you're confident you can handle them! The wild Pokémon around here, especially Camerupt, are no joke." It seemed the young lady was helping train up her team.

"Though it might not be the same, I'm actually getting some of my newer Pokémon into shape, like Komainu here," the Gym Leader introduced his Houndoom mount, who greeted the stranger's Pokémon with a series of howls and barks that could have come off as either inspiring or pompous, depending on the younger dark-type's disposition. "Got room for one more for your training session? I've been meaning to take Komainu on a run."

{WC: 125}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
Foolishness
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 14:13:17 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Here own Houndour was howling too. But its howl was victorious and grandstanding, as it kept the Murkrow pinned to the ground. Deciding to pick it up as well, Lash flung a ball at it. The motion was still weird in this little body, but at the same time, this was definitely the throw of an expert, not a novice. Her skills were diminished, but the experience was still there.

“As long as you do not get in the way. It’s no good if things get too easy,” she responded, still more focused on the wobbles of the Pokemon instead of the man that had invited himself onto her trip. If she was still herself, she would have figured that Mr. Bigshot was trying to hit on her or something. But she just assumed, very much to his benefit, that this wasn’t the case now. “And you don’t have to worry about me too much. I do have a big one on retainer, just in case. But this is for the good boy here, to get some proper experience.” Raising the weak was more important than stomping threats with Metagross, after all. The big one did not need the exercise right now at all. He was up for the Distortions and should be rested and ready for those.

- attempting to catch murkrow
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Foolishness
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:59:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Wonderful!" Josh replied with a smile as he grabbed his Houndoom's steering horns. "Unless I see things really go wrong, I'll stay out of your way," he assured Lash. "I'll try not to get too far ahead of you either. Komainu here can put on some real speed, but so can all my Pokémon." Catching sight of a Goodra ahead, Josh paid the dragon no heed. While most dragons made excellent mounts, any saddle strapped to that dragon-type would simply sink into and through its gelatinous body. It was a hard pass for him.

After the battle with the Murkrow was over, Josh realized he had forgotten an important step. "Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot to ask for your name! What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?"

Skipping!

{WC: 130}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Foolishness
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 1:50:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INFERNO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COMEUPPANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HYDREIGON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TRI ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSURANCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE MURKROW!
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
Foolishness
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 16:23:11 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
So, now she had found herself a chaperone? Yeah, yeah, the more apt term would probably be babysitter, but she refused to think of herself that way too much. Hence, she went for the more mature term for the sake of convenience. It was the nicer word, anyway. No one wanted to sit a baby, but chaperone? That sounded fancy.

Plus, he did promise to stay out of the way unless needed. That was probably as good as it got, so she decided to not take his words at their worst. At least for now. Plus, she just caught a Murkrow, which she put into her bag for the time being. Houndour yapped happily over his victory. It was a short-lived celebration, for there was another sound soon after. A painful yelp, one that caught her attention, as it sounded a lot like him.

However, it was another Houndour, which was being flung through the grass their way from an unseen foe. However, given that it had seemingly downed this one and given the roar coming from the grass, it probably was something big. Though Lash’s first impulse was to just catch the random Houndour as any good poacher would, she knew she was being watched, so she rather prepared to engage their foe.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Foolishness
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 4:41:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The echoing roar from the nearby grass was all Josh needed to hear. It was one the Mauville Leader was more than familiar with, having dealt with Kokusho. Three streams of DRAGON BREATH flew toward them: one at Komainu, one at Josh, and one at the Pokémon Lash had out. Despite Josh's efforts to steer his dark-type out of the way, the Houndoom rearing at his command, some of the holy flames still grazed him.

"Pinky!" Josh cried through the painful burns, hurling his Sylveon's Poké Ball between himself and the ferocious wild. With a low-pitched, loud squeal in the form of a PIXILATED HYPER VOICE, she tried to chase the dragon away, though Josh wasn't so sure it would be that easy. If Hydreigon were anything, they were brutal, fickle, and incessant in their aggression.

{WC: 137}
{PC: 6}

Komainu       Houndoom       Fair