he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 11:20:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner heaved a deep sigh of relief as his body sank into the nearly scalding waters of the hot spring. Though it was a weekend, he'd arrived at an hour when the bathhouse saw few guests, so he was lucky to have a portion of the main bath all to himself.[break][break]

For now, anyway.[break][break]

With a cool towel on his forehead to keep him from overheating, Gunner sat comfortably, tilting his head backward so it rested against the rocky edge of the pool. The hot spring spread out beneath the open sky, which he stared at pensively before speaking.[break][break]

"What a year, huh, Guinevere?"[break][break]

His Typhlosion grunted softly in response from where she lay at the poolside, curled up in a ball to nap. Pokémon were not allowed in the water of the hot spring, but they could relax nearby. Guinevere enjoyed the heat as much as Gunner did, though she was happy to avoid the water itself.[break][break]

"I hope this year is better, but I have a feeling it will be just as wild as the last one."[break][break]

She rumbled in acknowledgement, and that was enough for the man in the bath. He was content to fall into silence as he let the water reenergize his tired body.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: New Year, New Me (CC)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Lena
she/her
July 10th
Anistar City
Bi-curious
Trainee fire-fighter
Civilian
Searching
For my fairytale ending
1m64 // 5'5 height
1m64 // 5'5 height
Taking back control, defiantly
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @galayne
Galayne Valois
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 23:07:07 GMT
Galayne Valois Avatar
A voice broke through the silence mere moments after it had fallen, seemingly coming from the neighboring room giving way to the main bath.

"Camille, no- don't you dare!"

What followed was faint noises of something being kicked over, some muttering one keen of hearing would make out to be a surprisingly colorful variety of Kalosian swear words, and the happy chittering of a Flabébé rushing outside towards the water. Inside, Galayne looked rather disgruntled, quickly trying to clean the mini-mess her floral partner had made of a stack of plastic cups, and the tiny wooden seat she'd nearly tripped over trying to stop her.

Not quite how she'd expected to start the new year, but at least she was positively certain there was no-one else nearby. Or so the Kalosian thought, until she entered the outdoor hotsprings, looking straight at the blonde man enjoying the water. Camille, Galayne's Flabébé, triumphantly hopped around on her blue flower, while her owner turned beet-red and quickly scurried over to the edge of the bath with her towel, muttering an apologetic "Imsorryyouhadtohearthat, thatwasunbecoming." before sliding into the water.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 12:02:22 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

A crash from one of the changing rooms, followed by a string of loud and creative swears in another language, broke through the peaceful silence of the bathhouse. Gunner peeked open an eye just in time to watch a Flabébé on a blue flower fly through the air, giggling to itself. Its trainer, her hair the same dark color as the flower, met his eyes and stammered out a rapid-fire apology.[break][break]

Gunner could not help the smile that curled his lips. The noise had been a brief and harmless interruption, and the woman's embarrassment was, he had to admit, endearing.[break][break]

"It's no trouble," he said, then added as further reassurance: "I've heard worse."[break][break]

The steam from the water curled around them, forming a curtain that partially obscured the two from each other's view. The water itself possessed a hazy quality that hid anything beneath its surface. Due to the co-ed nature of the hot spring, though, both were wearing swimwear to cover their bodies, anyway.[break][break]

Gunner tilted his head at the stranger who'd now joined him in the pool. "Was that Kalosian? I thought I recognized some of the curses, but it's been a couple of years since I've visited."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Lena
she/her
July 10th
Anistar City
Bi-curious
Trainee fire-fighter
Civilian
Searching
For my fairytale ending
1m64 // 5'5 height
1m64 // 5'5 height
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @galayne
Galayne Valois
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:37:13 GMT
Galayne Valois Avatar

At least he was kind enough to reassure her, even if she'd still remain somewhat flustered about it. Though she could blame the flush on her cheeks on the hot water in a few minutes, and just pretend all was well and innocent.

The curtain of steam obscuring quite a bit of the bath's guests was something she'd be thankful for later. Not because she was shy about showing some skin, but moreso for the way it hid the Typhlosion from her sight-- the fire pokémon having gone unnoticed to the Kalosian. Maybe for the best; because her Flabébé had picked up on its scent, but didn't go over to check on it solely because of its trainer's fear.

So instead, Camille went to annoy the blonde man addressing its trainer, floating over to shamelessly poke the man's arm with her flower.

Galayne on the other hand was none the wiser of Camille's intentions. "Heh, it was," she smiled sheepishly, turning towards Gunner. "You heard part of Anistar's infamous local vocabulaire... which uh, I wasn't meaning to share with the public." she muttered the latter, waving her arms underneath the surface. "Where in Kalos have you visited, if I might ask?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 19:02:24 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

When the Flabébé floated over to Gunner, he gave her a polite smile and an incline of his head. "Hello," he said softly before turning his attention back to her trainer. Her sheepish smile was charming in a way, with the heat of the hot spring turning her cheeks a lovely, rosy shade.[break][break]

"I stayed for a few months in Lumiose City but also visited Coumarine and Kiloude," he replied. "My work had a Kalosian client who hated coming all the way to Hoenn to meet, so my boss obtained approval for my team to have an extended stay in Lumiose."[break][break]

The lies came easily whenever he spoke in half-truths. There had indeed been a Kalosian client, but Gunner had traveled to that region as a spy to collect intel and exterminate a target, not as a paralegal assisting a team of attorneys with a case.[break][break]

"My name is Gunner, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss…?" His words trailed off, a request for her to supply her own name in kind.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aura

Lena
she/her
July 10th
Anistar City
Bi-curious
Trainee fire-fighter
Civilian
Searching
For my fairytale ending
1m64 // 5'5 height
1m64 // 5'5 height
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @galayne
Galayne Valois
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 0:43:37 GMT
Galayne Valois Avatar
"Coumarine and Kiloude are amazing hotspots to visit, truly. Especially the view on the trainrides there; I've traveled those dozens of times, but they never cease to amaze me!" she smiled, fondly recalling the memories of said travels.

From beyond the steam she could hear the happy chittering of Camille, who was now happily floating her way to perch upon the Kalosian's head. She wondered what the little one had been up to, but it did not seem like any mischief this time around, so she could find out later. Instead, when Gunner introduced himself, she did the same thing-- although she purposely excluded her last name. Not quite sure what to do with it. But the fewer people knew she was in Hoenn, the better.

"Enchanté, Gunner," she inclined her head in something akin to a bow. "I'm Galayne, or Lena, if you so wish. Whichever you prefer."

"Though, on another note, if you ever get the chance to travel to Kalos again, I highly suggest visiting Anistar or Couriway. It might be a bit out of the way, but it's definitely worth it."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 1:08:45 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Galayne," Gunner repeated as a way to reinforce her name in his memory. He continued to smile politely as the Flabébé rejoined her trainer, bobbing whimsically upon the humid air. "I would actually like to visit Kalos again, but work keeps me busy. I'll definitely keep your recommendations in mind, though."[break][break]

Absently, Gunner removed the wet towel from his forehead, which had grown lukewarm.[break][break]

"Are you from Anistar, then?" he asked, though the answer seemed obvious from her earlier comment. Still, small talk was small talk, and he had to practice it.[break][break]

Behind him, on the stone walkway that lined the hot spring, his Typhlosion rumbled. When he glanced over at her, he found her sound asleep, lulled into a nap thanks to the warmth of the bathhouse. Gunner's smile turned tender then. If he'd been closer to her, he'd have reached out to scratch her behind the ear.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aura

Lena
she/her
July 10th
Anistar City
Bi-curious
Trainee fire-fighter
Civilian
Searching
For my fairytale ending
1m64 // 5'5 height
1m64 // 5'5 height
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @galayne
Galayne Valois
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 20:53:14 GMT
Galayne Valois Avatar
"Born and raised, like my father and his father before him." she nodded, having only a slight internal panic before settling down again. Mentioning her family had always lived in Anistar wasn't such a strange thing in Kalos, many families never moved away from their roots. And when they did, they often returned. At least, so she'd been taught.

Her head perked when she heard the low rumbling of his Typhlosion. From where she sat she could only make out a silhouette, large, but lacking flames. She honestly had no idea what it could be from just its sound or silhouette, but it interested her nonetheless. "Is that your pokémon?" she asked, sitting up a bit straighter to have a better look; to no avail. Her curiosity had been piqued however, and now she had to find out, even going as far as to scoot a little closer, unaware what she was getting closer to.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 13:48:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Whatever worries kept Galayne from speaking about her family were lost on Gunner. "What brought you all the way from Anistar to Hoenn, then?" he asked.[break][break]

When she asked about his Pokémon, Gunner nodded, moving off his seat as she approached to give her a better look.[break][break]

"This is Guinevere. She's been my companion since we were both small. My parents gifted her to me when I turned ten years old and we've been through everything together," he said, smiling with pride.[break][break]

At mention of her name, the Typhlosion stirred awake and opened one eye to look at her trainer's new friend. Guinevere lifted her head and sniffed at Galayne curiously before barking a soft greeting.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aura

Lena
she/her
July 10th
Anistar City
Bi-curious
Trainee fire-fighter
Civilian
Searching
For my fairytale ending
1m64 // 5'5 height
1m64 // 5'5 height
awards
151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @galayne
Galayne Valois
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 23:45:56 GMT
Galayne Valois Avatar
She gave the question some thought; there was the obvious answer, but was there more to her sneaky ways? "Hmmm, probably becoming a firefighter? I could've done that back in Anistar as well, but I suppose my family's protective nature was the reason I opted to change regions entirely." Becoming a firefighter was a goal set in stone, but the fact everyone knew who she was back in Kalos was a major setback. It'd prove a hurdle, while Hoenn was uncharted territory. At least here she could earn her place fair and square.

Gunner introducing his pokémon however was something that currently held her attention in full.

The way her lips cracked into a smile when the Typhlosian barked its greeting said more about the Kalosian's enthusiasm than her words could convey. Especially since the species wasn't one she was familiar with. "Nice to meet you too, Guinevere," she gently waved back at the fire type. "I've never seen a pokémon like her before," she said, keeping her eyes on Gunner's partner while addressing him. "Is she native to this region?"

After hearing his reply, she'd pop up her hands, allowing for the Flabébé to settle on her palms. "Camille and I haven't been together all that long, only a few years, but we've been inseparable ever since." Galayne said, although she couldn't deny the pang of guilt settling deep within, for the true partner she could no longer keep at her side. Not that she let anyone notice, remaining straight-faced as Camille made a show out of posing toughly for their new acquaintance.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 12:24:31 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's eyes widened in pleasant surprise. "A firefighter? That's a very honorable profession. I can understand wanting to get out from under your parents' thumb, too."[break][break]

His own parents had been so strict that whatever childhood he and expected to have had been stifled by their expectations.[break][break]

When Galayne expressed wonder about Guinevere, however, Gunner's surprise turned into confusion. Typhlosion were quite common, especially since Cyndaquil were popular first Pokémon for children interested in becoming trainers.[break][break]

But instead of commenting on how unworldly Galayne seemed in that moment, Gunner simply said, "She's a Typhlosion. The species is native to Johto, but they're so common nowadays that you can find them in a lot of regions, even here."[break][break]

For emphasis, Guinevere unleashed her flames, her shoulders suddenly wreathed in a fiery mane. Then the fire vanished, tucked away again as Guinevere lowered her head and closed her eyes again.[break][break]

Gunner smiled softly at Camille's Flabébé as the woman explained their relationship. "I feel that way with some of my other Pokémon, too. It's a wonderful bond."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Geothermal [M/CC]
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 0:20:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: