he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 19:00:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]▇▇▇▇

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Progress
[attr="class","monody"]
The Seeker is Free
The Fairy let out a mighty roar, the force rustling all the foliage around them, even displacing some ground and dirt. Yet the Fae could not be found behind any of them, and the pair would quickly learn why:

They could hear a small *thump* from behind them, and the truth would be clear: why did the Fae never sound further or closer no matter where they looked? It had hidden itself in a spot they couldn't see, no matter where they faced:

It had hidden behind them.

"Owwie," the Fae moaned, rubbing its ears, "you play rough."

It lowered its arms. "But you got Hider out of their hiding spot, and so you have found us. A successful Seeker you have been, for you have won three times."

The Nameless One, as well as The Fairy, would feel the enchantment lift away from them: they were free to leave as they wished, to continue their quest. "As promised, you may go. We did enjoy playing with you! If you ever want to play with us again, we will be here! We will hide, for that is what a Hider is to do!"

Prompts

may now leave the area

Optional: Ask the Fae any questions you may have.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 1:15:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After finding the mischievous fae for the third time, the Nameless One's amnesia was suddenly cured, and Aslan no longer felt compelled to remain in the Fae Kingdom. "I had a lot of fun, too!" he chirped. "I'm glad you could let me see him again - I miss being with him and riding him like this!"

The pranksters mentioned they enjoyed being with him and his shiny Pyroar. "I'd love to come back again! Do you have any Chasers? If any of your kind go really fast, I'd love to play with them! It'd be fun!" After getting his questions answered, the Gym Leader would turn around, wave goodbye to the playful fae, and have his Pyroar enter a swift gallop away from the grove.

{WC: 159}
{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥
Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 17:53:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Figure it out
[attr="class","monody"]
A Bridge Guardian?
The Fae tilted its head at the question. "There are Runners and Deliverers to run and play with, but Chasers are no fun. No no no. Chasers are for chasing the scary visitors, not fun ones that play like you. Chasers do not play fun games." Its head shook as it spoke, emphasizing its urgency. "And if you were a scary visitor, we would all have been told. Words travels fast in our kingdom."

With that, the Fae waved as the Nameless Wanderer and The Fairy went off, once more disappearing into the forest.

As strange as the terrain may have seemed to the Nameless One, illogical even, it would be clear that they were gradually getting closer and closer to the castle.

At one point, they found themself at a bridge over a ravine, with no path around it. They would have to cross it to continue on their way, and fortunately, the bridge was well-maintained.

Yet it was hard to miss the figure at the other end of the bridge. It would be hard to make out the details at first, but as they grew closer, the figure would become much clearer, perhaps even shifting in shape.

Soon, the figure would be clear, but who was it that the Nameless One saw - or what was it?

The figure will appear as a person or Pokemon that desires to meet the most. The figure will be under control of the storyteller.

Prompts

Choose what the figure appears to be.
React to meeting said figure.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 19:58:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The dense forest gave way to a great field that seemed to compel the Nameless One to do what he loved doing, and that was going fast. While there were a few small hills, the terrain in front of him was mostly flat. It would be perfect. He slammed his heels into the big lion's sides and cried, "Aslan! DOUBLE TEAM!" With a prideful roar, the albino feline zoomed forward, three images of himself and his rider trailing behind him. Adrenaline surged through him as he reached top boosted speed and let out another joyous whoop that echoed throughout the plains.

The presence of a ravine with a single bridge crossing it caught the knight's attention, reining his lion steed in some to travel across the stone structure at a much more reasonable pace. Or he would have, if he didn't stop to admire the other great cat at the far end. The muscular, feline shape of its body, the purple thundercloud on its back, and the knife-like fangs in front of its mouth were signs that all belonged to only one figure.

"...Raikou?! Is that really you, Raikou?!"

{WC: 189}
{PC: 10}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 18:42:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Talk it out
[attr="class","monody"]
An Imposter
The Nameless One saw something they could never have expected: Raikou, the electric Legendary Beast, stood before them at the other end of the bridge, as if waiting for them to approach.

At least, that's how it appeared to be.

"Oh? Is that how I appear to you?" the Raikou asked, its voice unbecoming of a creature its stature or size. "That name is vaguely familiar to me, but only its name. All that bear witness to me see something different, something they desire to meet most of all. Such is what it means to be an Imposter, and when I heard there was a new Wanderer in our Kingdom, I just had to know what they would see."

There was little excitement in its voice; it sounded more resigned than anything.

"So tell me: why is it that this 'Raikou' is what you wish to meet the most?"

Prompts

: Answer the question
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 3:29:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Pyroar-riding knight briefly frowned in disappointment.

Apparently it wasn't really the Beast of his dreams, though the sight of the deceased Beast sparked his excitement at least for a fleeting moment. He could tell just from hearing the less-than-noble voice that the Beast in front of him was not real. As he explained, he was standing before an Impostor whose image seemed to reflect its beholder's greatest desire.

"My desire for Raikou is... complicated," he began his lengthy story. "Ever since I was a child, I had dreamed of meeting, befriending, and riding on Raikou's back, for it is the fastest land Pokémon in the world. Second, to avenge my family for what Team Rocket did to them." He wasn't sure this Impostor would know much about Team Rocket, but it couldn't hurt spilling the truth. "Third, to save not only Raikou, but Hoenn, my entire outside world, as a whole, from a bleak future where only the Creator-God survives. I can't say my desires aren't entirely unselfish, but I want to say they're selfless enough." He breathed a deep sigh as he slowly guided his Pyroar steed across the bridge, approaching Raikou. "And that... is my answer."

{WC: 189}
{PC: 11}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 20:54:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Think on it
[attr="class","monody"]
A Questioner
The Imposter stood there, listening as the Nameless One spoke of their desire to meet Raikou.

"It is a fine answer. You do seem to have much reason to meet Raikou, from the personal desire to ride it as a mount, to wanting its power to save your world. And you seem confident that it possesses the power you desire - that you need."

It laid on the ground, its gaze still on the Nameless One.

"But then I must ask you: what would you do if you cannot meet Raikou?" There was no hint of malice in its voice - it was a genuine question. "And those with great power tend to be fickle with how they use it. If you do find Raikou, and it is unwilling to aid you - what then? Or if its power is insufficient in reaching your goals?"

Prompts

: Answer the question(s)
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 7:21:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Rejection was a possibility Josh did not want to consider. In his mind, especially after the vivid dreams he had about the Beast, he was the chosen one. He was the one to hold Raikou's thundercloud reins. He was a Johto native, a worshipper of the Great One, Ho-oh. He even proved to himself, through the Top Champion, that he had the speed tolerance to handle Raikou's full speed. Yes, it hurt. But he didn't fall even though the paralyzing acceleration of a legendary Pokémon's Extreme Speed.

"It's something I've been avoiding thinking about for the past twelve years," Josh began to answer. "Keeping that thought out of my head has been part of what's kept me going." He sniffed. "You see, I found out just recently... about a month and a half ago... that the Raikou I knew likely perished in a war. I hold out a glimmer of hope that Raikou somehow didn't die, or that there's another Raikou out there looking for me." Tears rolled down both his cheeks. "That's why I was so excited to meet you. I thought you had survived the war!"

The questions about Josh's motivation continued. "It's something I don't want to think about. Ever since I moved to my new home, I've been having these vivid dreams about Raikou." It was not unlike the dream he was having now. "I genuinely think he's trying to reach out to me. Whether it be the Raikou that I knew from Johto, or one from another part of the world, it does not matter to me. As for your third question, that's the easiest one so far. Raikou is no different from other Pokémon, right? And what do trainers do? They bring the very best possible out of their Pokémon. I would help Raikou truly master his powers and make him the best he can be. Just like Aslan here." He gently pat the back of the lion's head, who let out a content purr. "And if that still isn't good enough, that's no reason to just cast him aside!"

{WC: 349}
{PC: 12}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 1:12:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Move on it
[attr="class","monody"]
Moving Aside
The Imposter tilted its head at the Nameless One's answers - yet the smile on its face would indicate its contentment.

"It is intriguing to hear that you desire to meet something you already know is gone from your land - yet still exists in your world. But I have heard of far stranger happening before. Your faith in Raikou truly is strong for you to hold out as you do - and that whatever Raikou you meet will accept you as their 'trainer'."

"Though if I were to give you any advice…do be cautious if you do meet another Raikou. It could be another Imposter that intends to use you for their own gain, or for other intentions. And if it truly is a Raikou from a different land, you may not be sure it's as benevolent as you may hope."

The Imposter moved to the side - a symbolic gesture, as it hadn't been blocking the Nameless One - at least not physically.

"I will not question your faith any longer, Wanderer. I know you didn't come here simply to meet an illusion of your desires. I wish you fortune on the road ahead - and that you truly do get to meet the Raikou you desire."

One more, the Nameless One and The Fairy would be free to continue their journey.

Prompts

: Continue on your way.
Optional: Ask any questions you may have.
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 16:42:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Impostor did make a good point. While the Great One's Beasts as the Nameless One understood them were benevolent gods, that may not be the case with those of another part of the world. He needed to be cautiously optimistic, and be ready for a rejection that would shatter his heart. He had been chasing Raikou for so long that he never really considered what he would do if Raikou told him he was not the one he was looking for. Would he seek out divine power from another benevolent god? His future held many diverging paths. There were a myriad of futures that would end with him bonding with the legendary Pokémon he desired above all else... and just as many where he didn't.

He couldn't dwell on those now, though. He had a job to do.

"Thank you," the Nameless One replied. He would briefly dismount Aslan to touch the Impostor's grey crown if the Beast allowed it. "I get ridiculed for it in the outside world. But I truly believe that even if it isn't Johto's Raikou, there is a Raikou out there looking for me." With that, he hopped back on his Pyroar and continued past the bridge. "Aslan, let's go!" The lion entered a graceful gallop, speeding across the kingdom once more.

{WC: 219}
{PC: 13}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 1:11:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Oh hey, an actual fight
[attr="class","monody"]
A Round with the Riders
As the Nameless One reached out to touch the Imposter's crown, they would find that it didn't feel quite as tough as one would expect: it was soft, almost goo-like. A false crown for a false Raikou, and the Imposter could only avoid the Nameless One's eyes as it happened.

—-----

With that, the Nameless One and The Fairy were once more on their way towards the castle. The environment gradually showed signs of civilization: huts and houses of varying size could be seen, growing in frequency as they drew closer. The odd fairy could be seen now and then, merely observing as the pair progressed.

But the Rule of Three would rear its head, another obstacle standing in the Nameless One's way. Or rather, three obstacles.

Three small, fuzzy imps, atop three fuzzy mounts.

"Halt, Wanderer!" the central imp demanded, standing as high up as it could atop its green mount. "By decree of our Ruler- I mean, The Queen - we three Riders are here to stop you from going any further!"

The imp on its left chimed in. "But how're we gonna stop them if we can't hurt them?"

"We can still attack the human! And if we leave stuff in the way, well, it's their fault for running into it!"

The imp on its right spoke up as well. "But I don't wanna kill someone! They're not a bad Wanderer!"

"We don't have to kill them! Just stop them!"

Unfortunately for the Nameless One, these three Riders weren't going to let them go free - and it wasn't going to be easy to get around them. There was going to be a fight - though just how would that go without either side truly being able to attack each other?

Prompts

: Detail your "battle" against the three Riders. You must use at least 3 different attacks, and incorporate at least 1 ability in some way. You may control the Imps and have them use attacks appropriate to a Joltik. Their mounts will not attack, but are fast enough to keep up with The Fairy.

Remember: The Imps cannot directly target The Fairy with attacks or debilitating status moves, and The Fairy cannot directly target the Imps with attacks or debilitating status moves.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 16:42:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Imposter's crown was not hard, like the crown the Nameless One got to touch when he rode the Top Champion's Raikou-familiar. That was one experience he would never forget. This crown, though, had a gelatinous feel to it. He frowned; even in this dream world, getting to ride Raikou once more would have brought him joy. If he wanted to, he could just ask Kyle to bring the familiar with him when they went on a mission next time.

The two left the false Raikou behind and entered a run toward the castle, going through a small town before meeting the Three Riders. They sure were as adorable as they were fierce: a trio of Joltik at the reins of a Shaymin and two Swinub! While the Swinub didn't look particularly speedy, the Shaymin immediately demonstrated it put on a surprising amount of speed!

And with that, the Nameless One's joust began with a NOBLE ROAR from the Fairy, rattling the nameless rider and intimidating the tiny, bug-type knights. At first, Aslan ran circles around the three, but the two Swinub knights took him by surprise as they caught up to the royal lion by riding each others' ICE SHARD, surrounding him in a pincer attack! With the royal Joltik spurring its Shaymin steed forward, Aslan had to make a move now. "DOUBLE TEAM, Aslan!" the big cat's rider shouted over the roaring wind. With a loud purr, the Fairy put on an sudden burst of speed at the last possible moment. The Swinub colliding with each other as they instead charged through one of the Pyroar's trailing images in an attempt to trip the Normal-type by ramming into him from both sides. The Nameless one was far from unharmed, though; cuts appearing on his skin from being struck with crossfire from the volleys of ICE SHARD.

That left the Nameless One and the royal Joltik in a one-on-one duel. The Shaymin steed proved to be much faster than the Swinub, though not as fast as the MOXIE-empowered lion the young man was riding. A barrage of STRING SHOT and ELECTROWEB would prove to slow them down, weaving around them and forcing the Pyroar to lose ground. His mouth burning with the origin of a cone of FLAMETHROWER, the Pyroar razed the sticky thread away, forcing the Pokémon to cut the thread away before the flames bounded to its body. Taking advantage of the Joltik's distraction, the racer spurred his lion mount to top speed, ready to pounce upon the final rider and dislodge it from its Shaymin mount when the opportunity arose.

Moves/abilities used: Noble Roar, Double Team, Moxie, Flamethrower

{WC: 435}
{PC: 14}

♥♥♥♥
Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 18:54:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]It's Time
[attr="class","monody"]
Cut to the Chase
It was a valiant battle from both sides, the three Riders doing their best to battle the Nameless One and The Fairy guiding them. Yet in the end, the Nameless One rode victorious, the three imps defeated. The two less-confident imps laid on their backs, their tongues sticking out just to emphasize how defeated they were. Their fuzzy steeds looked at each other, shrugging and wandering away.

The bolder imp and its noble steed, however, still stood, if only barely. "
We…we tried our best," the imp said, "Please be merciful to our Queen. She's not a bad person…"

The imp's royal mount lifted it onto its back, carrying it away to recuperate.

But the Nameless One would only have moments to bask in their victory: from the direction of the castle, another fae began to approach, this one far larger than the ones they'd faced before - and much faster, covering the distance with a speed far greater than the Riders they'd faced before, and faster than The Fairy had displayed.

Muttering could be heard among the miscellaneous fae that had watched the battle, and a name would be repeated by many.

Chaser

The Chaser came right for the Nameless One, and whether they tried to run, it would reach them. Yet despite the Hider's warnings from before, this Chaser didn't seem to be here to attack.

"
The Queen has requested your presence, Nameless One," the Chaser said. "I am to escort you. It is in your best interest not to refuse."

Prompts

: Choose

Co-operate
or
Do Not Co-operate
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:33:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With mere moments to relax before yet another creature of the Fae Kingdom began chasing him, the Nameless One couldn't let down his guard. There was a purple, ghostly equine headed at him, and fast. Really fast. "Aslan, faster! DOUBLE TEAM!" An image trail formed behind the royal lion, his flexing back harshly bouncing the rider as the strange creature gave chase. Even with the added speed of DOUBLE TEAM, the ghost Pokémon was gaining on them. "Full power, Aslan!" Except there was no more power.

Even the dizzying speed of DOUBLE TEAM was not enough to outrun this amazing creature. It seemed that this Chaser came in peace. "... You're really fast! Like... really fast!" He listened to the Chaser's request to see the Queen. "Not like I would be one to deny her that request!" His smile grew wider. "I'm really impressed with your speed. Can I... hop on your back and you take me to her?" he sheepishly asked the Chaser.

> Choose to cooperate

{WC: 166}
{PC: 15}

♥♥♥♥
Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 23:25:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1090055006729805874/RoyalAudience.mp3[/player]
A Royal Audience

[attr="class","puppycat"]Hello There
[attr="class","monody"]
A Royal Audience
The Chaser was not a fae the Nameless One could elude, try as they might. The Chaser appeared less than amused by the attempt, though it took little effort to overcome.

"
Know that the reason you were given a choice in this matter was because the Queen deemed you a non-threat. You have entertained the purpose of all fae you encountered…even my own, in a sense. Had you given us more trouble, it would've been well within my right to drag you there myself."

As for the Nameless One's request? "
No. I am a Chaser, not a Carrier. The Fairy you've ridden up to this point will suffice as your mount."

With that, the Chaser escorted the Nameless One and The Fairy towards the castle. Murmurings could be heard among the many fae that half-hid themselves, watching the group. Some spoke of their shock at seeing a Chaser, others speaking of their surprise that the Nameless One was still alive.

They wouldn't be harassed by any other fae on the way, and it was only a matter of time until they reached the magnificent blue castle. The way to the throne room was a simple one, with the inside of the castle more of an imitation of a castle than a real one; close observation would show the side rooms as either empty, if there were even spaces behind the doors.

Not that the Nameless One would have much time to investigate them: they would reach the throne room quickly. It was as if the room itself was made of ice, yet it was no colder than the outside. There were some flowers adorning the room, but they were more of an afterthought than anything else.

And sitting atop the blue throne was a familiar figure: the one the Nameless One had met when they were first lost in the forest.

Yet, she looked different now: she looked tired more than anything, slouching in her throne. Seeing the Nameless One's arrive did rouse her, sitting up straight.

The Chaser disappeared into mist, its job complete, leaving just the Queen, the Nameless One, and The Fairy. And a low hum reverberating through the room, coming from behind the throne.

"
The Fae Kingdom is a strange place, is it not?" she asked, the exhaustion as clear in her voice as it was on her face. "Filled with strange creatures, fulfilling the strange purposes they were given, and fully content with just that, with no other care in the world. That's what I thought when I first found myself trapped in this world."

She let out a deep sigh. "
Tell me: what do you think of this Kingdom?"

Prompts

: Answer the question

Optional: Ask any question(s)
MADE BY MIZO