6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 11:16:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When recommended Josh to test the capabilities of some of his new Minor Leaguers, he felt particularly valued even among Gym Leaders. Was the Top Champion having Josh do some scouting work to get his recommendations on who to bring into the Major League? After all, there were a large number of cities in Hoenn with Leaderless Gyms.

The first stop he made would be 's new Gym, not far outside Mauville City's western gate. It was a not a long ride for him at all, the crackling of electrical arcs accompanying the footfalls of Josh's Manectric as the grasslands of the Verdanturf-Mauville thoroughfare sped past.

It did not take him long to locate the new Gym. While the treehouse looked primitive compared to most modern Gyms, it was what was within that made the challenge worthwhile. With the smaller size of the facility and what he could only assume to be much lower funding, he didn't anticipate there to be receptionist when he stepped inside the treehouse Gym. He simply slid off the electric-type's Raikou-thundercloud saddle and looked for , the budding Leader.

{WC: 185}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 16:48:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1069284117881049148/Welcome.mp3[/player]

A Welcome

Hideo had known of 's arrival once he'd made his approach: his Pokemon made sure to notify him of anyone who came his way. And considering Josh was here to take part in his challenge, they didn't do anything to stop him.

Hideo stepped out of the little treehouse he'd built into a tree, prompted by his Pokemon telling him Josh was here and looking around. Admittedly, Hideo himself was a bit jittery: not only was this the first time he was officially doing his non-traditional challenge, but it was also for someone who was a Gym Leader - after starting with the Minor League.

If there was any time to make a good first impression, this was it.

"You can come up here!" Hideo announced, waving to grab the man's attention. "I got a setup here I use for the nontraditional challenge. Just come inside and we can get things started!"

Were Josh willing to climb the steps and enter, he'd find a fairly modest setup: a couch on one end of the room, and a padded chair on the other, with a book resting on the latter. Both on the couch and by the chair sat Musharnas, each stirring as they the two arrived, but otherwise returning to what seemed like a rest. A number of Psychic and Fairy Pokemon were littered around the room, watching both Hideo and Josh.

"Take a seat on the couch right there," Hideo said, making his way towards the chair. "First thing we gotta do is decide on a story. I only got two so far, but I'll make sure to add more when I get a chance. Once we know what we'll be going through, my Musharnas will bring us into a dream where the fun'll happen!...unless you got any questions you want to ask first."

He took a seat on the chair, opening the book. "Now then…which story would you like to go through?"

"A Journey Amongst The Stars?"

"Or"

"Escape From The Fae Kingdom?"

Prompts:
Choose a Story
and
Ask any questions you may have (optional)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 0:16:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Thankfully, the young Leader was not hard to find. Josh walked alongside his Manectric up the network of bridges to get to the highest treehouse where the challenge would be taking place. "This is a really nice battle court you have up here," Josh complimented him on the arena built on the treetops. "I would battle you, but as a connoisseur of off-the-wall Gym challenges, I have to see what yours is about." With that, he entered the large treehouse, thankful there was plenty of room for his mount to stand.

The Musharna on each side of the couch tipped Josh off that he may be entering a world of his wildest dreams. His thoughts raced with the possibility of a dream where he got to be Raikou's Avatar! His overflowing mind may have been attractive to the Musharna at both his sides. He sat down and listened to Hideo's explanation of how the challenge worked. "I'm sure everything will be clear in the dream world itself. I've had this one really big dream since I was a kid, and would love to live it! It's to befriend and ride Raikou!" Sure, he had lived it with around his birthday, but it wasn't exactly the same. "How about the Escape from the Fae Kingdom?"

{WC: 215}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 20:51:33 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along with Josh's compliments. "The area up here is more for observing battles. The real battles happen on ground level, where it's easier to fix things up afterwards. Less likely to get burnt by any fire attacks. I wouldn't mind showing the arena another time, but we're here for the less-fighty challenge."

Once inside, Hideo listened as Josh spoke. "That's a pretty ambitious dream!" Hideo said, making himself comfortable on his chair, "I can't promise that you'll be meeting Raikou in this one, but I'm sure you'll have a good time regardless!"

With the story chosen, Hideo motioned towards the couch. "Now then, it's time to begin the dream. Just take a seat, and we can start." Once done, Hideo would continue. "Now then…close your eyes, and give it a moment. Just focus on my words, and let them do their work."

His Pokemon would go to work, the Musharnas letting out some Dream Mist as they would Hypnotize Josh to into a sleep.

"You will find yourself in a forest alien to you."

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1015416098595811469/StoryBegin.mp3[/player]
The Story Begins

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Big Lady
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
"Now open your eyes."

The transition was as instantaneous as Hideo promised, and Josh would find himself alone in the middle of a forest. The sky was dark and featureless, yet the woods itself were lit as if the sun shone from above.

Yet, unmistakable, Hideo's voice could still be heard around him, distant yet close.

There are rumors that deep in the woods, one might stumble upon a portal that carries them into another dimension. It carries them there without them knowing, and by the time they realize it, they’re already lost. One can only hope to find the way out by sheer chance before they met their end, whether from the elements or time itself.

And if they did meet another being within the Fae Forest - that they were friendly.

This tale follows an individual who found themself lost in the Fae Forest, desperate for a way out. They had been wandering for hours with no end in sight. Yet before all hope could be lost, they found that they were not alone in these woods.

A lost soul?a bemused voice spoke to them,Fear not, young one. I can lead you to shelter.

The tall creature stood before them, towering over them. It clearly wasn’t human, but there was no immediate sign it meant harm.Yet before I bring you there, I must ask: may I have your name?

Prompts

Choose 1: Share your name or Do not share your name
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1070083304704978944/oie_31214723CHIp44pe1.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:56:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When Josh's eyes opened, he found himself in a surreal landscape: a black sky with neither a cloud nor a star dotting yet, yet a treeline that glowed bright as day. He wanted to rub his eyes but refrained from doing so. The Dream Mist of Musharna was something else, wasn't it? If it could invoke dreams this realistic, he might have to catch some for himself to experience the wildest his imagination was capable of. Hearing Hideo's narration despite not being able to see him felt strange, almost like being part of a dream from the first-person and the third-person at the same time.

A mysterious figure appeared before Josh, one he did not recognize at all. The voice seemed like it was from a benevolent enough being, though. Sharing his name with the little one seemed innocuous enough. "Josh. You can call me Josh." He slowly approached the strange creature with an outstretched hand, not recognizing it at all.

{WC: 161}
{PC: 3}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥
Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 0:48:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]▇▇▇▇

[attr="class","puppycat"]Hello, ▇▇▇
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
A wry smile breached the creature’s face. “Thank you. It is a wonderful name. Now, for my part of the deal.

The creature led the lost one into the woods. At first, it would just seem as if they were walking the same aimless path as before, but as they went further, the forest grew more vibrant, the light losing its eerie glow. One could even hear the sounds of others in the distance.

Yet the lost one felt there was a vague feeling of something missing, a strange emptiness inside.

We’ve arrived,” the strange creature said. Before them was a grand kingdom, a mixture of villages, plains, and a large castle far off them both. “Allow me to introduce you to the Fae Kingdom. You are free to stay as long as you’d like, and I’m sure there are many here who would be overjoyed to meet you.

A sigh escaped the creature’s lips. “However, I must be off.” The creature dissipated into a swarm of butterflies, flying off towards the castle at great speed. “For I have such a wonderful name now~

The lost one was left by themself - but only for a moment. Another creature approached them, one that seemed so human, and yet not.

Ah, so she has brought another lost soul to her kingdom,” he said, “Do not fear: I am only here to help you, as I help all who come here. Now let me ask you; do you still have your name? Or has she managed to take it from you?

Yet whether or not the lost soul wanted to share it, they would find that there was nothing to share - their name was gone, unable to even pass it through their lips!

may no longer speak his name within this thread, until he regains it

Prompts
React to the loss of your name
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 12:22:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thank you!" Josh smiled back. "My entire family has used J-first names for generations," He revealed as the creature led him to a striking, gorgeous landscape that looked like it came out out of a high-budget console role-playing game. "Wow... it's like the kingdom of Bant. A kingdom filled with fearless, faithful knights famous for riding Pyroar into battle. It's so beautiful! Can't wait to take a look around. Thanks! I think I missed your--" Too late. The creature was already gone, when another one, this one more noble-seeming, approached him. "How could I forget it? Elite Ranger... err... Gym Leader..."

How had he forgotten his own name?

Panic started to set in. "...Why can't I remember?!" He frantically looked for a small pool of water to see his reflection in, just to make sure he was physically okay. Provided that was the case, he would start to calm down a little. Just a little.

{WC: 155}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 19:36:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Choose Wisely
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
The strange creature sighed, shaking its head. "You cannot speak it for it has been taken. You cannot return to your world until you reclaim it, for anything that stays here without a name will find themselves trapped here. And in time, those trapped here become a fae, stuck here forever. Just as I have."

"I do not wish this fate upon another, but there is only so much I can do, bound here as I am. Yet there is someone that can help you, a fairy whose duty it is to help any lost souls here to their greatest capacity. But know this: we fae are not permitted to harm each other, and it is bound to this rule as much as we are."

As if on cue, the fairy would come into view, taking a form the Nameless One may find familiar, perhaps comforting.

may choose one Pokemon they possess to take the role of The Fairy. They may retain their original size, or choose a smaller one. They retain their original typing(s).

The Fairy cannot directly target any Fae with attacks or status moves with the intent of harming/debilitating them.

You are free to have The Fairy speak if you wish.

"You will need to find The Queen to reclaim your name. Her castle should be easy to spot from here, but you encounter fae that will interfere with your journey, intentionally or otherwise. I'd recommend going along with their games, so long as it would pose no harm to you."

"Beyond that…I wish you good luck. May you find your way through this ordeal."

Prompts
Choose a Pokemon possesses to be The Fairy.
Begin your journey to reclaim your name.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 17:17:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The nameless warrior truly was part of a fairy tale now. He was not only lost, but trapped at the whims of the one who stole his name. Just as he was about to sink into despair as deep as a bottomless bog, a familiar face bounded toward him: an albino great cat with a red mane and a prideful roar. Wearing reins neatly hooked to the end of a large saddle, it was as though the fire-type lion beckoned him aboard. "No way... Aslan!" the young man cried. "Aslan! You're okay!" He was beyond okay; he looked as though he had never suffered the horrible wounds that had rendered him paralyzed since last November.

"Indeed, my name is Aslan," a noble voice boomed from the feline's mouth.

"Whoa! You can talk?!"

"In this strange realm, yes," the pride leader answered. "We must visit the Fae Queen, and quickly. The longer you stay, the more of yourself you are at risk of losing." Aslan crouched. "Now, get on my back." Without hesitation, the human did as asked, and grabbed the great cat's reins. When the fire-type felt his reins being manipulated, he stood up and flexed backward, as though ready to pounce. "Hold on tight, young one," he warned before lunging forward, rapidly getting up to speed and heading in the direction of the castle.

There was something strange about the fae realm that made Aslan far more difficult to ride than normal. Perhaps it was the weight of riding a fully intelligent mount? His skin tingled as he felt the great cat's flexing back rise and fall, bounding across the colorful land in a blur.

The Nameless One chooses Aslan the Shiny Pyroar for the role of The Fairy. He will be his normal size.

{WC: 276}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 18:33:20 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1074343940616097822/Fae_Kingdom_-_Whimsy.mp3[/player]
Fae Kingdom - Whimsy

[attr="class","puppycat"]Stuck
[attr="class","monody"]
Quite Literally Caught in the Fae Wilds
And so, the Nameless One strode into the Fae Kingdom atop the back of The Fairy. Their goal was simple: meet with The Queen and regain his name. The Fairy was more than capable of navigating through the colorful lands to the castle, so there was no fear of being lost, no matter how confusing or illogical the layout may be.

But with the Fae, "simple" never stayed that way for long.

The Nameless One would find The Fairy slow down after a point, to a stop. The area of the woods around them seemed like any other, yet there was an undeniable compulsion to go no further that made this different from all the others. It would only start psychological, but if they tried to work past that, it would become a physical compulsion as well. Try as they might, they couldn't stray far from this place.

But the Nameless One could hear a sound. It sounded like a child's voice, a mixture of giggling and snickering, coming from behind a nearby tree. There didn't seem to be anything out in the open, and that noise was the only thing out of the ordinary here.

Prompts
Find out why can't leave this area
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 23:04:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Nameless Knight kept his leg pressure up, Aslan dashing across the gorgeous grassland at a high but sustainable speed. It was liberating riding the king of lions nearly as fast as he could run. Smaller Pokémon fled the charging cat, scared for their lives. Who wouldn't be? Such a large Pokémon could passively ram and trample anything so small with the impressive clip they had reached.

As they came to another area of wooded foothills, Aslan slowed down without being commanded to do so, eventually stopping. "Hey, what's going on?" the lion's rider asked.

"I have no clue," the fairy answered. "Once I passed into the woods, my legs became stiff and I just couldn't move them. When I turned back, I was able to move again. Some mischievous magic is preventing us from leaving this wood would be my guess."

"Then we should probably keep an eye out for whoever is maintaining it," the rider suggested, the sound of a child giggling echoing around him. Not immediately seeing anything. he tilted his eyes upward. "Aslan, there's someone here, and they're all too happy right now. Think you can track them down?"

{WC: 195}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 0:52:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Seek
[attr="class","monody"]
Hide and Seek
It wouldn't take long for The Fairy to locate the sound, the giggling reaching even the Nameless One's ears. As they approached, the source bounded from behind the tree, revealing itself with a dramatic flip in the air.

"It's so rare to receive a guest from outside!" it beamed, "So many suns, so many nights! So many seasons, so many years! We must play! We will play!"

It bounced around the Nameless One and The Fairy. "It will be a simple game: you need only find us again! We will hide again, and you will seek us once more! Two more times, and we will let you go on your way!"

Without waiting for a confirmation or rejection, the Fae leapt up once more - disappearing into an explosion of petals. The giggling could be heard once more, but this time, it wouldn't be so clear where it was coming from.

They could narrow it down to three choices, but which was this Fae behind?

The Enigma Tree? The Rindo tree? The Chople Tree?

They would have to look carefully before choosing.

Prompts
must choose where to look for the Fae
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 1:39:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
To Aslan and his nameless rider, the bouncing, zipping creature sounded like an incomprehensible mishmash of squeaks and staccatos. To the nimble creature, the duo must have each sounded like a mooing giant whose words crawled through the air. "Wait!" Before the fairy-riding knight could answer, a flourish of petals was all that remained. "Aslan, after it! Full speed!" The lion king roared, a trail of golden-furred replicas of the two cascading behind them in a DOUBLE TEAM that threatened to whip Josh from the saddle with every turn.

And yet, somehow, the giggling creature was faster yet. It was a shame they were all so small; he could only daydream about finding a mount that fast! By the time he caught up, there were three trees that each sounded like their quarry was hiding behind. The knight gently tugged on Aslan's reins, getting the lion to back up. He could briefly see his own trailing images from his ride's DOUBLE TEAM still being in effect, which was unsettling, to say the least. "Now!" he ordered, slamming his heels into the lion's sides. The royal feline lunged toward the RINDO TREE in an effort to snare the mischievous creature.

{WC: 199}
{PC: 7}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,438 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 17:55:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Seek2
[attr="class","monody"]
Hide and Seek Final Round
Try as he might, the Nameless One and The Fairy could not catch the bounding Fae before its disappearance, leading them into a search.

They had chosen to search the Rindo Tree first - and their decision proved fruitful. As they tried to corner it once more, the Fae leapt from the tree, eluding their attempt. It laughed like a child, whimsically bounding around.

"You found us again! But a Hider is found, not caught! And you have found Hider twice! So perceptive! One more! Once more! Find us once more time, then we shall let you go on your merry way~" The Fae once more leapt into the air, exploding into a shower of petals.

But this time, it would be much harder to tell where the giggling was coming from. The Fae was giggling as it always had, yet no matter where they would look, whether rock or tree or plant, it would sound no further or closer away.

They would have to get creative with this one. Did they have something they could use to track down the Fae without sight? Or perhaps get it to reveal itself?

Prompts

must use a move (or ability) to help find the Fae (whether by tracking it down or making it reveal itself).
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Wind Fish Sleeps
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 6:12:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Two for two! The Nameless One had lost his name, but gained a great deal of perception in the process! As the giggling fae vanished into petals once more. With Aslan's Double Team fading, his rider was no longer speeding about at breakneck pace. The big cat was still running at quite the clip, but it paled in comparison to what he had pulled off before.

After a couple of laps around the small section of forest they were mentally and physically allowed to traverse, the duo had absolutely no clue where the mischief-loving fae was hiding. Breathing a deep sigh, the knight braced himself for the worst. He perceived no point in doing a thorough search; instead, he would attempt to scare the fae out of their hiding spot. The knight covered his ears and held on with all his might as he stood in the center of the woods' bounds and cried:

"EMPEROR'S ROYAL ROAR!!!"

EMPEROR'S ROYAL ROAR
[Normal][Sonic]
The user looses a deafening roar, dealing moderate damage to a single target. Those near the user will find themselves greatly empowered, and those near the target will find themselves greatly weakened.

The Pyroar King deeply inhaled before bellowing a roar so loud that it hurt the Nameless One's ears even while they were covered. The lion's throat, and by proxy his entire body, was vibrating faster than a rattlesnake's tail from the painfully loud sonic discharge, and it hurt just as much as it did when he attempted to silence with the move not long before Meteno. While the attack was not directed at a particular location, the rider's goal was for the shockwave to reverberate all over and displace nearby foliage long enough to reveal the hidden one's position.

{WC: 266}
{PC: 8}

♥♥♥♥
Josh          Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥