shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DEEP SEA

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

GRANITE CAVE[break]↓ ULTRA DEEP SEA

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055326462955225158/lusapogger.mp3[/player][break]
Lusamine's Encounter Theme - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

CONTRARY TO ITS NAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE ULTRA DEEP SEA IS A VAST CAVE-LIKE WORLD. Shafts of light from an unknown source barely penetrate the dark, causing colorful diamond-like rocks to glisten against humid walls. The dim lighting makes the place seem like you're thousands of leagues under the sea... Eerily, an unceasing pulse can be heard like a heart beat that rumbles throughout the realm.[break][break]

Oddly enough, one is able to "swim" through this realm like Water-type Pokemon floating in air.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 1 become poisoned by nihilego toxin temporarily.
  • 26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them.
  • 27 find a ship log or page of notes that suggests that this realm only housed ultra beasts and not any other pokemon.
  • 30 encounter toxic bubbles that are extremely dangerous to burst.
  • 🗺️ utilize a terastallization in a pivotal way.
  • 🗺️ THE SHIP KEY will unlock the lowest levels (e.g. boiler room, lowest level rooms, storage, your choice, etc.) that has been overcome with sprawling, pulsating flesh and ichor. clutches of eggs can be found here too. during your exploration, the lower floor will suddenly flood (the cause is up to you) with putrid, black waters that will threaten to drown you.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: , @danny, and will be able to encounter and catch a NIHILEGO or POIPOLE (one or the other); they may reflavor this to a stolen egg that will hatch on their own terms.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
ULTRA DEEP SEA: DLAS
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 4:41:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
One thing had tasked Shalin with was studying the effects of the the rifts on different species of Pokémon. That was one bid reason she didn't have her giant bugs with her this time. The other? Her lower body was still recovering from when she trained with in adapting to her Kommo-o. Though she was a talented rider, having befriended multiple Pokémon by riding them while they were still wild, Treble's vibration mid-Clanging Scales was simply too fast for her to not be thrown from the dragon-type after mere seconds.

Without a SYGNA SUIT, that would be impossible.

The only Pokémon familiar to the group was her Pyroar, Kiara. Instead, she brought some of her newer Pokémon. She was astride Serena, her Kantonian Persian that was enormous for her species. While not quite the size of what one would see in a Space-Time Distortion, she was close. Her saddle looked especially comfortable for the cream-colored feline, and it couldn't have been cheap. "Hey, everyone!" Shalin greeted from the base camp they had set up last time they came to explore the Quaestor Lucis. "Looks like it's still here, and we found this key to get to a hidden part of the ship last time. How about we take a look around?" Her two Ninetales stood next to one another, Letheia and Caprice ready to weld their way through any metallic wall with a combination of ice and fire. Though Shalin seemed to beckon her exploration partners to get on the Ninetales if they didn't have ride Pokémon of their own, those that take the offer might find the ride more than a bit bumpy...!

@danny

{WC: 281}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Kiara         Pyroar         Good
Serena        Persian        Good
Grimmie       Houndoom       Good
Zuh           Pidgeot        Good
Letheia       A!Ninetales    Good
Caprice       K!Ninetales    Good
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 1:48:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"You should stay close, this area is not as calm as it may seem," Danny warned the brunette at his side.

It seemed foreign to see him without his other half, the two were practically attached like some horrifying human centipede section. But Micah had more important things to do. Out of everyone he knew, why bring ? She was goal-oriented, that's why. Through hushed whispers, he spoke to her as an acquaintance rather than a stranger.

"The two I've traveled with have been... Interesting, to say the least. One is a wild child with a penchant for diving in while the other, I'm certain you've acquainted yourself with in the Pavonearse contest," he reminded her.

As if on cue, the two soon arrived at the meeting point and Danny gave them a big wave, his smile enough to show that he was cheesed to see the both of them still in one piece. It felt weird functioning into the whole half-braincell schtick in the company of Lorelei, but that's all and knew him as. Sure, he had his panicked moments, but it was safe to blame them on the atmosphere.

"Salutations, you two! Micah couldn't make it this time around, so I had to change my +1! Andrea, I think you who were already introduced through the contest, but she's new to Shalin! This is my...," What exactly did he want to call Lorelei? "Well, she's a business partner in the sense of being a generous sponsor in both personal and collaborative projects! Ladies, Lorelei. Lorelei, Andrea and Shalin."

As he made the quick introduction, he gestured betwixt the trio and allowed them all to get familiar with one another. Once more unto the breach for three of them, a first travel for the fourth. It wasn't long until he eyed the key Shalin had procured and he gave a firm nod. It sounded like a fantastic idea. Perhaps they could find some things that they were unable to reach before. With the wreckage of the ship, there's no way they could start it up again, but they could find out about how, where, and why they were. The familiar sound of the heartbeat-like sounds of the deep sea pounded in his head like a drum, a reminder that this area was not what it seemed. But what was it?

"There's plenty for us to look into!" he insisted. "I'm curious to check on those eggs. There's so many but no parents around to protect them. Or maybe we just got lucky last time."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
CO-FOUNDER OF VELVET ROOM
I LIKE MEN ON THEIR KNEES PRAYING UP TO THEIR GOD, SEEING VISIONS OF ME
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 11:17:12 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lorelhold"]
[attr="class","loreholdsalltop"]
[attr="class","loretoplyr"]i like men on their knees

[attr="class","loretophold"]i don't need your roses

[attr="class","loreleibanner"]

[attr="class","loreleibannercolor"]

[attr="class","lorelicon"]

[attr="class","loreleisym"][attr="class","cp cp-rose"]

[attr="class","lorelyrknee"]praying up to their god seeing visions of me i'm a cult leader mind reader heart eater Fear feeder, say I'm your favorite preacher

[attr="class","lorespeaks"]
lorelei could already feel the blood rush to her head in the way of a temporary stress headache, but she easily beat it away by means of having her blue ditto rubbing on her neck in the form of a makeshift neck pillow.[break][break]
"i'll be joining you all," she added to the introduction danny had provided, tacking on a quick explanation though she imagined it wasn't quite needed. perhaps this was her method of extending an olive branch by means of having a smooth dive into the depths of this strange dimension, seeing as she was the newest 'sailor' on this anti-matter sea. "miss steel had been called for another mission. the nihilego species has our interest, so i'm here to look into them some more - perhaps obtain one for closer inspection and research." her intentions were obvious, but she didn't care to explain any more. they were all there for their own reasons and she respected that. business was business. if micah was the laidback scooby and paladin, lorelei was much more like a quieter focused daphne and oathbreaker paladin - not so much focused on unstained morals, but finding a means to an end.[break][break]
"andrea," a nod to , "shalin," another one to . what interesting individuals. andrea had shown her prowess through the contest they had both partaken in, but shalin was a new spectacle.[break][break]
"i ... think micah also told me to be a stand-in cleric for you," the brunette said more quietly, eyeing danny in specific. it seemed the man was susceptible to madness, and that only got in the way of the mission. if he proved to be detrimental to getting things done smoothly, she may have to act more as an executioner than a healer - but that would come if and when it would come. it truly was micah's own fault for entrusting danny to her, lorelei would argue. if it wasn't for his usefulness as a public figure, she would have much less patience. just how was this going to work out?[break][break]
"it's a pleasure to work with you more closely." another olive branch. perhaps lorelei was feeling generous then - or simply looking for a way to ease tensions and unease of a stranger in the party. this one was extended to danny, seeing as the two of them were oftentimes not together - let alone without their respective partners. "is there going to be a lot of need for tearing and welding?" eyeing the fire types already present, lorelei unleashed 'mother' - her prized houndoom next to her side while her cerulean ditto was on standby on her shoulders. she meant business - and by that, she was ready to help where needed.

[attr="class","loredivide"]

[attr="class","loreat"]@danny

[newclass=".lorelhold"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #232323; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreholdsalltop"]position: relative; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretophold"]position: relative; top: -23px; right: -97px; width: 150px; font-size: 7px; padding: 8px; font-family: poppins; font-weight: bold; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; background-color: #796477;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibanner"]position: relative; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 75px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/964106694525333564/1063736206216679516/x6.png); opacity: 0.4; filter: contrast(0.4); z-index: 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibannercolor"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: 75px; top: -75px; z-index: 2; background-color: #766376; mix-blend-mode: multiply;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelicon"]position: relative; left: -75px; top: -95px; width: 75px; height: 75px; border-radius: 100%; border: 10px solid #262626; overflow: hidden; z-index: 5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelicon img"]width: 75px; height: 75px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleisym"]position: relative; top: -175px; left: -120px; font-size: 80px; color: #262626; z-index: 3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretoplyr"]position: relative; font-size: 15px; top: 70px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-family: poppins; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#eee, #333); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font-weight: bold; mix-blend-mode: exclusion; width: 360px; z-index: 6;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretoplyr u"]border-bottom: 1px solid #796477;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelyrknee"]position: relative; top: -249px; left: 75px; font-size: 6px; text-align: justify; word-break: break all; font-family: verdana; line-height: 175%; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 175px; height: 25px; color: gray;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorespeaks"]position: relative; top: 25px; width: 275px; height: auto; font-size: 11.5px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 150%; color: #a3a3a3; padding-left: 20px; border-left: 1px solid #7f687a; font-family: roboto; margin-bottom: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorespeaks b"]color: #7f687a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreat"]position: relative; right: 0px; top: -25px; font-size: 12px; width: 300px; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loredivide"]position: relative; top: -50px; width: 275px; height: 1px; border-top: 1px solid #232323;[/newclass]

TLDR: SAYING 'HI' + HOUNDOOM & DITTO OUT, READY FOR USE
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 15:21:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Attempt #3. Surely nothing would go wrong this time, right? As the intrepid adventurers arrived at the makeshift base camp (which still held on remarkably well thanks to the sturdy materials they had used), they were joined by a new member taking @micah's place. Andrea vaguely recognized her from that contest a few weeks prior.

"Oh yeah, I remember Miss Lorelei's Houndour." The dragon-hooded girl nodded. Was the Houndoom accompanying the black-haired woman the same Pokémon evolved, or was it a different doggo? She could've just asked, but her attention was drawn to the Ditto instead, staring curiously at the sentient blob. She had seen many a Ditto in her life, but that one looked eerily familiar in a way she couldn't figure out...

The young PokéManiac had brought Spoony with her for mental support like last time, as well as her Kangaskhan, Missy, for extra firepower. She wouldn't need a mount. If anything, their past visits had proven that the narrow hallways of the Quaestor Lucis could not accommodate too many large Pokémon. Granted, with a mysterious key in their possession, they'd be able to explore previously inaccessible parts of the ship.

"Sounds like a plan! Let's gooooo!" The eccentric cosplayer exclaimed, though her volatile attention span was once again stolen by a most peculiar object floating nearby: A large, purplish bubble. The girl was overcome by the urge to pop it, but her Alakazam notified her via telepathy that those were in fact toxic bubbles that were extremely dangerous to burst. She let the others know as well. "Uuhh... Spoony thinks we definitely shouldn't touch those bubbles."
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 23:03:52 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
There indeed was a newcomer to the group. "Great to meet you, Lorelei!" Shalin waved from her Persian's back. "As you can see, I'm the wildest Pokémon rider in Hoenn! Serena, Letheia, and Caprice here are reliable. They'll see us through our continued survey of the Quaestor Lucis. I thought we reached the very bottom level before, but apparently not!" Caprice and Letheia both harumphed; couldn't that girl stay focused for serious work like this? They had been with Shalin long enough that they would reluctantly let others on their backs when it was needed, but not just for fun yet! Even the fire-type was not afraid to fling Shalin off when in a foul mood. A saddle on a Pokémon was not a guarantee the Pokémon was fully tame, after all!

As Serena ran toward the derelict vessel, taking the lead, she saw one of the toxic bubbles loudly burst in the distance. The sound of the explosion made even Shalin flinch. Sticky, toxic goop went flying everywhere, some of it landing fairly close to the explorers and their Pokémon. The substance moved like gelatin. "Holy... those are loud. You're right, . If one of those detonate nearby, we're goners. What in the world is making those, though...?"

After one more close call, Shalin had made it to the base camp they had set up just outside. She has left the key in her Persian's small saddlebag. "Alright, let's go in there and see if we can find this locked door." She withdrew her two Ninetales, for they would take up far too much space in the hallways. One disadvantage of raising only ride Pokémon was they weren't great in tight spaces!

@danny

{WC: 288}
{PC: 2}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 1:42:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He shook his head at the idea of welding. It seemed their original base had held up from the last visit. At least if things took a turn for the worst, they could make an escape there, right? It wasn't long until Andrea took the lead. The bursting bubbles that she pointed out were dully noted. He hadn't drawn out any of his pokemon yet, and that was obvious in the way his Ditto had drawn itself out of its pokeball, happily seated on Danny's messy hair. Wubble Bubble looked at the cyan Ditto, Goobly, in Lorelei's party and warbled happily as it waved one of its stubby arms.

"Itto!" it greeted.

"Aww, Wubble Bubble came to join the party!"

Danny reached up and gave the Ditto's stubby paw a nudge as though he was highfiving the creature. The Ditto happily obliged. As they approached the ship, Danny remained cautious. The last time they weren't careful, they nearly got locked in the ship. As the two marched forward, Danny's excitable Ditto seemed to march to the beat of its own drum, proud 'di!' and 'to!'s coming from the creature as its trainer marched forward, as though its chants were like a little adventure song.

It wasn't long until Danny reached up and covered its mouth to quiet it down, the shadow of a looming Nihilego that seemed to patrol the halls of the ship's hull enough to alert him. He pressed his back against the corner of the ship and carefully used the camera on his rotom phone to make sure the Nihilego didn't come their way. Once the octopus like creature floated straight ahead rather than rounding the corner, Danny motioned for the group to continue its stride.

"I say we look for the eggs and destroy them," he offered in a hushed whisper.

If they could take out the brood of these creatures, then it would pose less of a risk. Who knew if and when these creatures would find their way out of the Ultra Deep Sea?

tl;dr
- Wubble Bubble the Ditto joins the party
- follows into the ship's hull
- stops the team as a nihilego passes by
- forward march & suggests they look for clutches of eggs to destroy

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 6:11:01 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lorelyrknee"]praying up to their god seeing visions of me i'm a cult leader mind reader heart eater Fear feeder, say I'm your favorite preacher

"i don't think it's wise to threaten the species living here. we're guests, not owners of this realm."[break][break]
in other words, lorelei openly cut down danny's idea. she understood where he was coming from, but they didn't know if the eggs would let out some scent or toxin of sort of their own to the detriment of the team and the alarm of adult nihilegos and poipoles around them. what did they know, other than to avoid their toxins? she pondered on this momentarily while goobly, her cyan ditto, warbled towards wubble bubble as if to say he wanted to ride danny's shoulder to join the same member of its species. the dittos showed a familiarity that their trainers did not have with one another, likely from the fact that goobly got around a lot more to socializing than the woman who was standing, pondering over her alpha-sized houndoom who looked back at her trainer for instructions.[break][break]
it was indeed a tight fit, so maybe she should go back to her pokeball. for now, lorelei counted for the dragon move her houndoom had learned recently - hoping it to be enough to beat down an ultra beast or two if need be. an attack dog was good to have at all times, she argued to herself. this made her move on to other matters, her lips curling into a devious smirk. they had no information about what the clutches of eggs would do, so maybe approaching them would be fine, so long as she didn't take the brunt of the exposure.[break][break]
"though ..." she started, a piece of paper glued to her foot by expired toxins that seemed to be more gummy than gelatin-like. a page showing that only ultra beasts were in this realm made her all the more curious to go through with the idea she had just shot down. "perhaps the more we get out of the way now, the safer the journey will be." already looking forward, she spotted a clutch of eggs - writhing as if about to hatch at any moment. [break][break]
"approach with caution."

[newclass=".lorelhold"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #232323; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreholdsalltop"]position: relative; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretophold"]position: relative; top: -23px; right: -97px; width: 150px; font-size: 7px; padding: 8px; font-family: poppins; font-weight: bold; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; background-color: #796477;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibanner"]position: relative; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 75px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/964106694525333564/1063736206216679516/x6.png); opacity: 0.4; filter: contrast(0.4); z-index: 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibannercolor"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: 75px; top: -75px; z-index: 2; background-color: #766376; mix-blend-mode: multiply;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelicon"]position: relative; left: -75px; top: -95px; width: 75px; height: 75px; border-radius: 100%; border: 10px solid #262626; overflow: hidden; z-index: 5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleisym"]position: relative; top: -175px; left: -120px; font-size: 80px; color: #262626; z-index: 3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretoplyr"]position: relative; font-size: 15px; top: 70px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-family: poppins; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#eee, #333); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font-weight: bold; mix-blend-mode: exclusion; width: 360px; z-index: 6;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelyrknee"]position: relative; top: -249px; left: 75px; font-size: 6px; text-align: justify; word-break: break all; font-family: verdana; line-height: 175%; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 175px; height: 25px; color: gray;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorespeaks"]position: relative; top: 25px; width: 275px; height: auto; font-size: 11.5px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 150%; color: #a3a3a3; padding-left: 20px; border-left: 1px solid #7f687a; font-family: roboto; margin-bottom: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreat"]position: relative; right: 0px; top: -25px; font-size: 12px; width: 300px; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loredivide"]position: relative; top: -50px; width: 275px; height: 1px; border-top: 1px solid #232323;[/newclass]

✨🎨 GOOBLY (LIMBER): TRANSFORM MOTHER (FLASH FIRE): NASTY PLOT, FIRE BLAST, FOUL PLAY, SLUDGE BOMB, *DRAGON HAMMER, COMEUPPANCE

TLDR: 'HMM, MAYBE NOT.' + FINDS PAGE + 'OK MAYBE LOL LET'S DO IT.'

PROMPTS DONE: 27 find a ship log or page of notes that suggests that this realm only housed ultra beasts and not any other pokemon.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 14:28:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Spoony's warning about those purplish bubbles rang true, one of them in the far off distance bursting with enough force to shake the entire ship, its metallic frame reverberating with the sound of the explosion. Pieces of toxic goop flew dangerously close to the group, making it all the more urgent that they sought cover inside the former Megalopolan vessel.

Searching for whatever lock their mysterious key would fit into, the humans came upon another Nihilego lurking in the shadowy hallways of the wreckage. Thankfully, it didn't notice them. Danny made a modest proposal out of the blue, saying that they should look for those eggs from last time and destroy them. "W-what?! No, that's wrong! Even though they look icky, there are living creatures in them!" Andrea vehemently protested.

The young PokéManiac wasn't the only one against the idea of alien infanticide, Lorelei also pointing out how unwise it would be to disrupt the local ecosystem. Her approach was, of course, far more pragmatic, while Andrea was genuinely appalled at Danny for even suggesting such a cruel thing. Not wanting another confrontation, she simply let her frustration brew. Unbeknownst to her, a looming mass of tentacles dripped Nihilego toxin over her dragon-hooded head, the fumes from it entering her nasal cavity.

As soon as the familiar clutch of eggs came into view, Andrea ran ahead of the rest of the crew, getting between them and the nest. "Stay back! I won't let you get to those eggs!" She resolutely declared, spreading her arms. "I know who you are now! You're all villains! Villains who like killing babies! I love babies and hate villains, so... if you take another step, you'll have to deal with me!" The eccentric girl yelled, acting more irrational than usual.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 0:26:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Kiara was on edge the entire time the four explorers descended, Shalin able to feel the added tension in the Pyroar's strong muscles. With careful use of his Rotom Phone, Danny had been able to warn the rider and lioness of patrolling Nihilego. Though she was unaware of exactly how dangerous they were, her studies of recent Hoennian history, and some casual talk with Mauville's Gym Leader about current events, told her they were nothing to mess with. Their powers seemed psychic, but they weren't. The species utilized a method of mental domination that was in its own class to use its foes against them.

"Absolutely, @danny ," Shalin nodded after the Nihilego had passed. "The rifts are growing steadily larger, after all. It's only a matter of time before they come to Hoenn. The fewer of them there are, the less of a mess we'll have when the time comes. When, not if." She was unusually serious as she advanced toward the engine room. This time, though, Shalin would turn the SHIP KEY into a locked door that led to the ship's true lowest level. While most of the ship was under low light conditions, this level was completely pitch black, the only light coming from Danny's phone, Kiara's mane, and any bioluminescent Pokémon the others had out. 's Houndoom had fire attacks that could serve as a light source in a pinch, though fire attacks needed to be used sparingly due to the lack of air flow underground.

As they descended to the bottom level, appeared to be having a psychotic episode. She seemed to care a little too much about the Pokémon species they were running into in the ship's basement... if they could even be called Pokémon. At the bottom of the stairwell, Shalin turned her Pyroar sideways, blocking the door. If she touched the snarling Kiara, she would feel the strong rattle of loud, threatening purring, much like she had felt sitting astride Treble the Kommo-o the day they trained their dragons together.

@danny

{WC: 341}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:42:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Brows knitted together in concern the moment that Andrea began to refer to them as villains. That wasn't his intention in the slightest. (Sure, being a Rocket member wasn't exactly something he wanted to admit, it's not like he acted completely in their interests.) Danny held up his hands in a manner to help explain his stance on the matter -- they needed to destroy the eggs lest they risk Hoenn and risk lives of both people and pokemon alike. It's not long until he hears the drip of something splash against the ground. As he peered closer, he realized that it had been some of the toxic residue from some of the explosive bubbles. His eyes widen quickly as he nudges his Ditto to take action.

It's not long until the Ditto uses Transform to mimic Andrea's own pokemon Spoony. As the Ditto takes shape, it manages to tap into the Alakazam's moveset, using Kinesis to try and suggest the pokémaniac out of the splash zone of the toxin, then a Calm Mind to attempt and calm her down. That wouldn't be enough, he knew that much. But as his Ditto-Alakazam had already exhausted itself, Danny knew he needed to think of something. As he dug through his bag, he found an antitoxin that Micah had crafted and sent him along with given the help of her recently obtained Nihilego.

"Ok, Andrea, I promise we won't smash these eggs," he reasoned. "And since I'm promising that, you have to promise me that you'll take this. You're poisoned and we need to treat you immediately. Micah made this, so I promise there's nothing wrong with it."

He prepped the syringe and offered a hand out to Andrea. His Ditto transformed back to its normal gelatinous shape and crawled onto Danny's shoulder and smiled at the ginger haired trainer. It would take a few moments to administer, as it would have to be done slowly. It wasn't long until he turned back to Shalin and Lorelei. He'd have to trust the two of them to take on any oncoming danger.

"This'll take a while if Andrea agrees, can I trust the two of you to keep us safe?"

Little did Danny realize, clutches of eggs just beyond the door where Shalin had entered had begun to crack, their specimens slowly making their way into the light. Though the cries of the parent ultra beasts enough to send a chill down Danny's spine -- those that made their way into the light would soon swallow it whole.

tl;dr
- Wubble Bubble transforms into Alakazam, uses Kinesis and Calm Mind on Andrea
- attempts to convince Andrea that not only will they not destroy the clutches of eggs, but that she needs to be treated with antitoxins created by Micah with the help of her Nihilego
- clutches of eggs nearby begin to hatch

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 4:02:25 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

well ... was andrea wrong, though?[break][break]
exchanging a glance with @danny in particular, lorelei couldn't help but sympathize for the young woman who seemed to be in the grips of the nihilego toxin present in the surroundings. she had done nothing to merit this. while lorelei was indeed a 'villain', she could at least act lawful. "there's no need for violence towards each other. we're here to work together, not work together to tear each other apart." lorelei's own ditto seemed to look at its trainer with a curious expression, almost as if asking if it needed to be concerned and spring into action. instead of calling upon her ditto, lorelei was taking up a bit of space with her houndoom helping the large lion-like pokemon block off what space the ultra beasts would have to get to their trainers. embers were brewing in the fire/dark type's maw as it glowered at the hatching eggs, devil tail pointed up and ready to be prompted to attack.[break][break]
"please let us help you," she asked of andrea, trying to sound calm and collected despite the shitshow that was surrounding them. giving a glance towards @shalinnarya, the brunette hoped to portray a sense of urgency when it came to shalin being on 'guard duty' with lorelei acting as an intermediate bridge for both healing and guarding. danny had the syringe, so she hoped her added support of the idea would make it seem more palpable as the rocket trainer's umbreon yawned its way out of its pokeball. a quiet heal bell rung towards andrea, hoping to work against the toxins enough to let herself get injected with the antitoxins.[break][break]
"as for you," lorelei said towards her houndoom who was still holding her ground, "nasty plot." black smoke mixed with purple vocalizations came from the houndoom now as it prepped itself for a strong series of attacks when everything would come to a head. for now, they had to heal andrea and get a move on.

TLDR: UMBREON USED 'HEAL BELL.' + HOUNDOOM USED 'NASTY PLOT' TO PREPARE FOR FIGHT.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 9:44:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Despite Danny's Ditto perfectly impersonating Spoony, its Calm Mind wasn't enough to snap Andrea out of her delirium. The streamer attempted to reason with her the old-fashioned way, presenting her with a syringe that would supposedly undo the effects of the Nihilego toxin. However, despite extending a hand towards the eccentric cosplayer, the latter did not budge. Her ego and inhibitions replaced by pure instinct, she grew distrustful of those around her.

"You're lying! That syringe probably contains some kind of drug to sedate me!" Andrea spat, her Pokémon moving to her side to protect her. It was pretty obvious why the Kangaskhan would side with the no baby murder camp, being a mother and all. As for the Alakazam, having achieved enlightenment and become one with the universe, he was against taking another life on principle.

The Heal Bell did ensure that the toxins would have no lasting consequences on her body, but Andrea had made up her mind by now. "I don't need to be helped! It is you who are poisoned by evil! You want me to drop my guard so you can smash these eggs anyway! Well, I won't let that happen!" The young PokéManiac proclaimed, pointing dramatically at Lorelei's Houndoom. "We won't let you enact your Nasty Plot to kill the babies! Missy, Mega Punch!" The large marsupial obliged, throwing a great fist straight at the black canine's jaw.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 21:56:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"You got it!" Shalin did her best to smile, assuring @danny that despite 's screaming, she would push ahead to the ship's very lowest level. As Shalin advanced, leaving her Pyroar to help block the doorway from the rampaging dragon loved, she sent out her Alolan Ninetales, Letheia, who loosed a low-power DAZZLING GLEAM to light the entire floor. This was by far the largest level, and appeared to be a breeding ground for Ultra Beasts. There were Poipole eggshells and mysteriously preserved hunks of purple flesh everywhere. The entire floor was covered in Poipole adhesive. Shalin able to feel the added muscle power the wintry fox needed just to walk in the room. The sound that echoed with every one of the ice-type's footsteps was unlike anything she had ever heard before exploring anywhere in Hoenn or Johto.

They truly were in an alien world.

"What in Ho-oh's name...?" an utterly bewildered Shalin gasped as she took in the horrific sight. Was this a massive Megalopolan experiment? She returned back to the top of the stairs, leaving Letheia at the bottom to return to Kiara at the top. Once the violence had been quelled and Andrea was back to normal, Shalin warned them of the horrors below, including giving them a very specific warning:

"You'll want a way to avoid touching the floor down there. It's really sticky, Whether you have a way to have your Pokémon levitate you, a Pokémon you can ride, or you have another way, you'll want to use it."

Shalin would withdraw the lioness and rely on Letheia's DAZZLING GLEAM to keep the basement illuminated. "And keep your tails up, okay Letheia?" she asked, tempted to sit backwards in the ice-type's saddle to hold the tails up herself. At times, they got dangerously close to getting stuck in the ichor that had the texture of tar. The windows were jet black, and the sound of bubbling could be heard from outside them at times.

One important thing Illeana asked Shalin to do, if it was safe to do so, was to leave the rifts with as many varieties of Ultra Beast eggs as possible for study. She looked among the myriad of eggshells for a clutch she could procure a Poipole egg from. While she did find an isolated one, it did not take long before a Naganadel was on her tail, spraying in Letheia's direction the most corrosive venom she had ever seen! One touch of that and Letheia wasn't standing again until she made it to a Pokémon Center!

ooc: Poipole egg acquired for Shalin.

@danny

{WC: 430}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 1:48:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Danny's expression fell cold as he looked upon the pokémaniac with a harsh sense of discernment. She had made her stance known, and they wouldn't detoxify her in this setting. They needed to get her out and take care of the issue. Though Danny's focus went elsewhere. Rather than focus on Andrea further, he personally intercepted the attack on Lorelei's Houndoom. Ribs cracked and flesh caved under the impact as Danny felt the air rip from out of his chest. Not only had he taken the mega punch, but he lurched forward over top the Houndoom. Fighting amongst each other would get them nowhere.

As white noise pierced his sense of hearing, everything static through the pain, Danny attempted to breathe harshly which earned coughs and sputters of blood in turn. He'd taken the hit in Houndoom's place, but at what cost? His vision hazed as he saw the clutches of eggs just beyond the entrance Shalin had wandered in on. They'd begun to hatch, and as they emerged, they remained covered in slime and other fluids. Not quite developed, one could see nearly straight through the freshly hatched Nihilegos and harsh veins upon the Poipole. The collective cries alerted the parent ultra beasts. The last thing Danny saw before his conscience waivered was the sight of a near alpha-sized Nihilego smash through the walls of the inner room. He slid off of Lorelei's Houndoom and lay there still. Not quite dead, but he might as well have been.

As the viscous black fluid that flowed like tainted ichor began to pool, another of Danny's pokeballs came to life as Richie the Luxray managed to push its trainer onto its back. Although Danny was down for the count at the moment, an observing Poipole floated over towards him as if looking him over. Maybe the creature found it curious that a human would intercept a battle between pokemon, but it seemed to take a curious liking to Danny. Not harming him in the slightest. If anything, it simply floated around Richie, who seemed to growl at it in annoyance.

tl;dr
- intercepts the attack on Houndoom
- k.o.'d for the time being
- picked up by his Luxray
- followed by a curious Poipole

prompts completed
26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them.