Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 8:31:26 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","adriansimple"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Somewhere in a quaint and cozy residence in Sootopolis, Adrian hid himself away from it all. Rowan's house offered essential amenities and—more importantly—wasn't one of Adrian's listed residences. If they even were looking for him, they wouldn't check here.[break][break]

It'd been weeks since the meteor crisis looming over Hoenn was averted. Things were almost normal. Yet TERAVOLT was not playing on the radio, as it had in the past. In fact, his name had become something of a taboo. Others spoke his name with disdain. In some ways, it was not a wholly unfamiliar feeling...[break][break]

But unlike before, it now carried consequences.[break][break]

For now at least, he could pretend nothing had changed—binging on his favorite snacks, indulging himself with the latest media—though he could not possibly hope for this to last. What to do...[break][break]

Adrian tried not to think about it too hard.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".adriansimple"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/n7SYDjH/mono1.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote b, .adriansimple blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adriansimple blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adriansimple blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 8:27:26 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]Rowan's Alolan Meowth announced his presence before he'd even entered the door, jumping from their perch and trotting over to the door with a deep purr in their throat. The entryway creaked open and Rowan stepped in, greeted by the Pokémon rubbing their sides against his pants. "Hey Bijou." He said softly, bending over slightly to scratch at the base of their tail. Valor was sound asleep in his cage and Eden dozed on the windowsill, he almost expected Adrian to be asleep as well when he came in so late. "Hey, babe." [break][break]

A smile towards Adrian gave way to a soft wince, the bruising on his face making expressions particularly difficult unless they were subtle. "Hope Mistral didn't give you too much trouble." The unmistakable sound of tablet games could be heard from one of the bedrooms, a clear sign that the Prinplup had avoided bedtime. Rowan let his hair fall over his face as he dropped onto the couch next to Adrian, hoping to hide the result of his meeting with Noah Faber. "I missed you." He said sweetly, leaning against them with a soft sigh.

[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#487f8a; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#487f8a!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #487f8a; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #487f8ac!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #487f8a; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #487f8a; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 3:21:39 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"Welcome home." He'd heard the front door open, and knew enough to trust the faint sound of their footfalls as they drew closer. His faith was vindicated then, when a tangle of blonde-on-brown suddenly plopped onto the seat next to him, though he did not receive that most telling of doting gestures. He would just have to see to it himself, he thought, pouting.[break][break]

"Hey," he speaks back softly, turning his attention away from the current programming. Dusting himself off, he manages a scoff at the thought of Mistral giving him any trouble. "Luckily, we managed to get on just fine." At least mostly, anyway.[break][break]

Warmth cozies up against him, and he pulls away the tangles to get a clear view, delicately mouthing the words just as recognition stuns him: "I missed...—"[break][break]

His mouth is left agape where it might have connected to them, and the faint gritting of his teeth can be heard as his digits trace faintly at the area surrounding the... marks. He can imagine many things, each passing scenario leaving him increasingly disturbed at the prospect of...[break][break]

"...Who—who put their hands on you?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".adriansimple"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/n7SYDjH/mono1.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote b, .adriansimple blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adriansimple blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adriansimple blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 9:39:40 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"I..." Rowan averted his gaze, afraid to meet their own. What should he say? The truth would only serve to create conflict between Adrian and his aggressor, but at the same time he couldn't bear to lie to the man he loved. "It was Noah Faber." He relented, giving them the name. Rowan knew that Adrian and Noah used to be friends, at least before Adrian came out as a member of Team Rocket.[break][break]

"When we took over Slateport, I killed his Machamp. It's been weighing heavily on me, eating at my soul." He paused, not wanting to make more of his burdens their own. "When we were at Mt. Pyre, and the border opened, I asked his Machamp to come back from the other side." Rowan winced ever so slightly, knowing how Adrian and by extension his patron would feel about the rebirth. "Yesterday, I brought Cobra back to Noah, and told him everything...then..." Adrian could infer the rest, from the bruises on his face.

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#487f8a; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#487f8a!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #487f8a; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #487f8ac!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #487f8a; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #487f8a; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 10:15:43 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
He's surprised to hear Noah's name, but as Rowan divulged him the details, it seemed more and more... appropriate. Row... How could he not have expected something like this to happen...? Adrian can recall the takeover personally, though he could only ever guess at the exacting reasons for Rowan's melancholy at the time. But now he had it all, though he knew not what to do with it.[break][break]

Anger and frustration come easy, however.[break][break]

He raises a tender hand to their cheek, thinking maybe to console them... But he does not speak to anything but his disbelief. "...What else were you expecting? A heartfelt thank you?" As if.[break][break]

Although he's something along the lines of pleasantly surprised by Rowan's pseudo-selfless ask, it all reminds him of an age old adage:[break]
No good deed goes unpunished.

To think Rowan risked throwing away so much—but he could understand all too well how it must have haunted him—given him so many sleepless nights...[break][break]

Managing himself somewhat indelicately, he chooses instead to focus on the underlying problem, rather than accusing Rowan of anything other than being a good person. Draping himself over their shoulders, he musters a light squeeze before sharing his thoughts. "You're not cut out for this, Row..."[break][break]

It wasn't always going to work out. He'd been lucky.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 7:25:40 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"I know..." Rowan responded, eyes meeting their own. "I've been thinking about that for a while, actually." A hand moved to rest on Adrian's chest, able to feel the gentle rhythm of their heart. "Razz Kingsman approached me, he wants to help me escape from Team Rocket." Amber eyes moved upwards, searching for their own, looking for a reaction.[break][break]

"I think...I want to." He admitted, letting out a ragged breath. "I can't stand being part of Team Rocket anymore, it's not who I am. I don't want to hurt Pokémon, I want to help them, study them." Rowan sniffled, obviously trying to hold back tears. "I just don't know if I can walk away from Gavin and Lulu like that."

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#f8a42c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#f8a42c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f8a42c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #f8a42c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f8a42c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #f8a42c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 1:55:12 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Adrian might have been doubting of the plausibility of it all, but when he hears Kingsman's name, it gives him certain assurances. The Ranger had done well by him, had a good head on his shoulders and was, in his eyes, likely the most sympathetic one of their bunch. If it had been any other name, he would have been skeptical to put such trust in them... He makes this exception.[break][break]

Their hand to his chest, he finds only sincerity in Rowan's voice, feeling pity for them and the life they've had to lead. He'd been made to do cruel things, but he was not himself cruel. Adrian wanted this for him too, and yet—it was not an easy thing.[break][break]

"I know." Regardless of their familial obligations to one another, they were his betters—placed into positions of power, authority—and Rocket would not so easily let either of them go. Even if they were family—especially if they were family.[break][break]

Adrian does not have the answers, but neither would he wish for Rowan to remain. It's a tragic thing, and he finds momentary comfort in their touch, but it cannot break the gloom falling over them.[break][break]

"...Maybe there is a way." But it would not be so simple as to happen overnight, and so they would have to sleep on it, mulling over the ultimatums and repercussions of such a loaded predicament.[break][break]

But he wanted this for Rowan. Such a gentle thing was not meant for this life, and he would attain a certain peace of mind knowing they were free of it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 1:14:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"A way?" Rowan glanced up at Adrian, the weariness evident in their eyes. "Gavin won't ever forgive me." [break][break]

He knew his brother, wouldn't abide by a traitor. They wouldn't be family any more Rowan went through with it, no matter how much he wanted to remain close to them. [break][break]

"I'll be hunted, by him....by others." A hand reached, up gently caressing Adrian's cheek.[break][break]

"They'll expect you to kill me, too." They couldn't be seen together, not in public. Would they believe that Adrian would kill the man he loved on sight? Would Declan Walsh take that risk?[break][break]

"I don't want to put you in danger, Adrian."

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#d4a53c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
HOMECOMING [C]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 1:57:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
His is an almost haughty, incredulous smile. "And what trouble haven't I already put myself in?" [break][break]

As always as ever, Rowan speaks to the truth of matters. Yet Adrian is remarkably moved by notions of family, and believes Gavin too will be dissuaded from taking direct action... Though he may have to maintain appearances. Ultimately, he chooses to believe in the modicum of good even someone like that must possess. So few people are capable of such unmitigated malice, though there are many who wish to be viewed and feared as much, he knows.[break][break]

A tender hand clasps against the back of theirs, and he quietly allows them the moment before lowering it, keeping their fingers intertwined all the while. "I can't imagine they'll have time to spare for us." With all the developing hussle-and-bussle, what value was there in seeking retribution against two misfit defectors? Adrian couldn't speak to Rowan's contributions, but his own were few and far between...
They mightn't even notice the difference.[break][break]

Still, he knew he made too light of the situation.

[break][break]

[newclass=".adriansimple .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/LgD7VTG/sad-icon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]