shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DEEP SEA

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

GRANITE CAVE[break]↓ ULTRA DEEP SEA

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055326462955225158/lusapogger.mp3[/player][break]
Lusamine's Encounter Theme - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

CONTRARY TO ITS NAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE ULTRA DEEP SEA IS A VAST CAVE-LIKE WORLD. Shafts of light from an unknown source barely penetrate the dark, causing colorful diamond-like rocks to glisten against humid walls. The dim lighting makes the place seem like you're thousands of leagues under the sea... Eerily, an unceasing pulse can be heard like a heart beat that rumbles throughout the realm.[break][break]

Oddly enough, one is able to "swim" through this realm like Water-type Pokemon floating in air.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 05 discover the skeletal remains of long dead megalopolans.
  • 07 escape corrupted sharpedo and veluza attempting to hunt you down.
  • 12 involve the realm's heartbeat-like sound and/or the discovery of large organ-like structures.
  • 13 "don't look deeper than you absolutely have to".
  • 19 be hunted by the corpse of a large megalopolan with a nihilego controlling it by way of its toxin in the open realm or The Quaestor Lucis.
  • 25 experience The Quaestor Lucis suddenly powering up or finding rooms completely refurbished with phantom megalopolans before it all reverts back to normal.
  • 🗺️ utilize a mega evolution in a pivotal way.
  • 🗺️ 's experience/knowledge of megalopolans and/or his previous work as a councilman must be pivotal in some way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ULTRA DEEP SEA: IGOM
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:16:36 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabebase"]
[attr="class","gabe1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]the air here held a stale chill, reminiscent to the mouth of caves back at home. silence is occasionally broken by a vibrating pulse, one powerful enough to even fill gabriel with an instinctual unease.
[break]
[break]

here, beyond the veil that separates worlds, was the first step to his ultimate goals.
[break]
[break]

without waiting for those around him, he makes his way forward, body weightless in the strange physics of this world.
[break]
[break]

nothing would stand in his way now. be they enemies, or allies.

[break]
[break]

[break]

[attr="class","gabe3"]
[attr="class","gabepoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.gabebase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b75d5d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabebase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabeimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabeimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabepoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gabepoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 17:56:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she follows shortly behind , the rift opening and rippling around them as their bodies traverse planes of existence.

and as a new sense of weightlessness greets them, she feels paranoia lurch up in her body.

it reminds her of sea hoenn... an abyss of endless ocean as far as the eye can see. can they see her here? can they feel her closing in?

something pulses around them in the way a heart beats or lungs expand and collapse around air. it's eerie, unsettling.

she sticks close to , head turning back toward the rift to check that and have made it through safely.

12 involve the realm's heartbeat-like sound and/or the discovery of large organ-like structures.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
I can get by the days just fine but the nights, 🌙
awards
2,862 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 21:47:05 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Mint pushed throughbthe roft unafraid despite hisblast visit. He's famialir with and but not . Not personally anyway. As he pushed through, feelingbhis heartbreat start to sync woth the world's strange beating.

Nothing seemed to pulse nearby that he could see, but he could feel a strange and rhythmic pulse trying to override his own heartbeat. He wondered if it was some kind of frequency this world emitted that mansged to fuck qith his head. Jsut like the steange growths on his body from last time.

"Watch your step." He said to the Ranger Captain befor elooking over st the older man. "So. What's got you really curious about this place, Councilman ?"

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 23:25:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","moonbeam"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","mainbox"]

after being here the first time, ollie was naturally apprehensive about returning a second. that being said, this time he was around people he knew! or well, sort of knew.

[break][break] he was only just learning the name of that blue-colored dude.

[break][break] walking beside and , ollie floats along, only pausing when he hears mint's response. curious eyes turn to the councilman.

[break][break] "yeah, you looking for anything specific?"

[break][break] casual conversation helped distract him from the otherwise terrifying, heartbeat-like sound that revebrated through the space.

[break][break] thud. thud. thud.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","line"]

[attr="class","title"]tldr;

involve the realm's heartbeat-like sound and/or the discovery of large organ-like structures.

[attr="class","pokepoke"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".moonbeam"]--accent: #FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox u"]color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam"]width: 500px; background-color: #111; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .header"]background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/664104315262337034/1034653077451591780/unknown.png); height: 280px; background-size: 120%; background-position: 40% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox"]padding: 40px; margin: 20px 40px; text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; background: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.2); color: #eee; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .colorbar"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent); height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam:hover .oocbox .line"]width:150px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .oocbox .line"]width: 50px; height: 4px; background-color: var(--accent); margin-top: -2px; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .oocbox"]font: 10px 'Roboto Mono'; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin:30px 30px 0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .oocbox .title"]font: 20px 'Abril Fatface'; color: var(--accent); padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 10px; transition: 2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam:hover .oocbox .title"]padding-left: 50px; transition: 2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .pokepoke"]width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .pokepoke img"]height: 40px; filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .pokepoke img:hover"]filter: none; transition: 0.2s all; .[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .bottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent); height: 30px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Abril+Fatface|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Heebo]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:00:30 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]weightless. it was a sensation as foreign to him as anything he'd ever experienced. a man his size was actively aware of his presence at all times. here, it felt muted; inconsequential. it was... nice.
[break]
[break]

"hm?" fresh stubble and searching eyes, gabriel is every bit the man on a mission. so much so that looking at the two source of voices is a waste effort.
[break]
[break]

"ultra beasts." even then, his reply is clipped, barely above a whisper, as if he was only talking to himself and no other. his eyes narrow as the shadow of a massive, derelict ship presents itself.
[break]
[break]

wordlessly, he changes his direction to match.

[break]
[break]

[break]

[attr="class","gabe3"]

[newclass=.gabebase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabeimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gabe3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 4:27:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]ultra beasts...

she holds her tongue -- and her judgement -- to keep following after the councilman.

moving too quickly here feels like walking into a trap. her eyes dart from side to side. seeking threats make believe or otherwise will surely help, right?

and to keep watch while she moves forward to join 's side, a dhelmise is released to observe their backs. it's a form of defense she's grown accustomed to. another water saw to the spine would not end with just a scar.

"careful..."

her tone is of warning, eyes narrowed ahead of them at the husk of the ship.

"who knows what's inside that thing now."

nevertheless, she expects they will find out and soon...

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,862 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 3:17:31 GMT
mint frost Avatar

"There's Ultra Beasts here?" Mint asked tilting his head and looking over at . They'd seen nothing of the sort but he supposed others were finding them in different pockets too. Perhaps he should come more often.

He floats a little faster, following close to the councilman as he made for the Quaestor Lucuis.

"Multiple somethings exist in there. I doubt they left after we escaped." he said looking to Ollie again. And then the smell?? of rotting flesh, the drift of black miasma, and the slam of rotting flesh nearby. Something gurgles and shrieks at the same time and Mint turned quickly, pale eyes meeting the sight of something mutated and half alive. He can see bone, flesh sloughing off in slimy drips as the pokefusion charged at them ravenous.

The head was mangled, like a hydraulic press has slammed a Veluza and Sharpedo together. It moved quickly despite looking like it was falling apart at the seams. "Back to the ship! Back, back, back!" he yelled deciding he didn't want to deal with whatever that was.

07 escape corrupted sharpedo and veluza attempting to hunt you down.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 3:46:42 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","mainbox"]

ultra beasts? what the hell were those?

[break][break] leaning close to 's ear, just out of the former councilman's earshot, he asks her that very questions. "what're those?"

[break][break] at the same time, that little blue guy () looks to him for some sort of answer, but he just gives a shrug. he has no idea! he's not , after all.

[break][break] he opens his mouth to make a quirky reply before —

[break][break] what. the. fuck. was. that.

[break][break] suddenly, out of that black miasma, is a creature out of nightmares. the kind of thing that his pa would joke about with he and his brothers to makes sure that they cleaned the barn on time — except this one was so much more terrifying.

[break][break] "holy shit," he utters, before scrambling backwards. he stands in front of , to cover her just in case that thing shoots anything, and immediately reaches for his pokeball.

[break][break] "lobster! PROTECT!"

[break][break] just as his drednaw throws up a barrier of protection, a glob of nasty black fluid sails towards them. the corrupted sharpedo-veluza swim forward and gnash it's fangs against the barrier, as ollie and the group stumble back. just as he twists his head, however, there is a gigantic blue man chasing them like something straight out of a horror movie.

[break][break] "black, what the hell - " he says, grabbing onto illie's hand. "is that?!"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","line"]

be hunted by the corpse of a large megalopolan with a nihilego controlling it by way of its toxin in the open realm or The Quaestor Lucis.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox u"]color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam"]width: 500px; background-color: #111; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .header"]background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/664104315262337034/1034653077451591780/unknown.png); height: 280px; background-size: 120%; background-position: 40% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .mainbox"]padding: 40px; margin: 20px 40px; text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; background: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.2); color: #eee; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .colorbar"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent); height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam:hover .oocbox .line"]width:150px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .oocbox .line"]width: 50px; height: 4px; background-color: var(--accent); margin-top: -2px; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .oocbox"]font: 10px 'Roboto Mono'; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin:30px 30px 0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .oocbox .title"]font: 20px 'Abril Fatface'; color: var(--accent); padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 10px; transition: 2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam:hover .oocbox .title"]padding-left: 50px; transition: 2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .pokepoke"]width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .pokepoke img"]height: 40px; filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .pokepoke img:hover"]filter: none; transition: 0.2s all; .[/newclass]
[newclass=".moonbeam .bottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent); height: 30px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 11:22:01 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]he couldn't answer 's question - not entirely. he'd seen nothing that confirmed the presence of those creatures, yet something... lingered in the back of his mind. a feeling. a certainty.
[break]
[break]
so, with nothing else to go on, gabe does as he always does: advances.
[break]
[break]
"SAM," he speaks the name and the watch around his wrist lights up, "begin recording." it vibrates compliance, no words needed.
[break]
[break]
next, he releases a pokemon to the field alongside the others. in a flash of muted light a dragonair appears. she sways her long, lithe form, wide-eyes taking in the scene around her.
[break]
[break]
"paralyze them," he orders, and she purrs in understanding. opening her maw, she releases a THUNDER WAVE. the arc of electricity scores the mutant creature across it's rough hide, its body spasming out of control.
[break]
[break]
that left another behemoth entirely though.
[break]
[break]
narrowing his eyes, gabriel makes the call.
[break]
[break]
"into the ship." his voice rises. "now!"

[break]
[break]

[break]

[attr="class","gabe3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 3:42:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"] leans into her ear and she has to stop herself from turning her head toward him. the close proximity is too close, perhaps.

"they're monsters from ultra space."

it's the best she can come up with...

and she doesn't have any opportunity to say much else on the matter.

and spot something coming toward them. she releases her sableye from the confines of its pokeball, ready to fight... only for to grab her hand as he stands in front of her.

she has to peer over his shoulder to steal a peek of what he's talking about.

"fuck."

that is not good. not in the slightest.

what looks to be a large, animated megalopolan is quickly rushing toward them.

and does not have to tell her twice. she tugs 's hand, hard, and all but drags him toward the ship's hull. in the commotion, she whistles for her sableye to follow. it mega evolves as she does so, the bracelet on her left wrist lighting up quickly.

"cover us, sableye!"

the sableye positions itself behind the last member of their party, then, as it hunkers down over the entrance into the ship and blocks the path in with its giant red gem. she shivers as the megalopolan lets out a guttural sort of noise and her grip on 's hand tightens.

once they're all safely inside the ship, it almost seems to vibrate with new life... some parts of the room even look like they begin to light up.

🗺️ utilize a mega evolution in a pivotal way.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,862 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 4:40:06 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Mint doesn't hesitate. As soon as calls to run to the ship, he darts away, releasing his own partner. The little Spinarak darts forward into the hull of the ship, scouting ahead in the shadows as he followed. The Sableye covers the back and Mint takes stock of all of his group members.

The Veluza-Sharpedo monstrosity slams into the gem shield, before pulling back. Flesh and dark blood sloughs off the shield slowly before it swims away and bashes its own flesh into the shield while Mint angrily slaps the panels on the side of the door to help close off the entrance before they push through.

when the monstrosity rests, the reanimated Megalopolan joins pounding at the metal of the hull, and trying to snarl, but broken jaw hanging loose by a few bits of sinew. Mint tries not to look and Ciambotta sits on the Sableye's head ready to help defend. But with a strange HISS the entrance doors close off, though the banging continues. "We can push straight down this hall into the foyer. Big open room, large columns, glass art. Giant hole in the middle- should be safer." he said though his Spinarak is already jumping onto his shoulder, staying close to her trainer for his safety.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 5:42:16 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","mainbox"]
monsters, huh.

[break][break] he grimaced. though there were plenty of terrible things that had happened over hoenn, he couldn't help but tie this event as well as everything else that was going on to what had happened in november.

[break][break] "is it because of the meteor crash?"

[break][break] he'd seen the rifts. everyone had.

[break][break] and now he was seeing monsters.

[break][break] surprise - and a little bit of fear - stuns him into silence for a moment before he feels the head scientists sharp tug towards the ship and he doesn't need another reminder. quickly, he follows her and even overtakes her in speed; and somehow they all make it into the ship in one piece.

[break][break] mostly. fuck.

[break][break] his hand tightens around 's as the party is forced to confront what is possibly the most horrifying scene — several dead bodies litter the space in front of them. maybe last time when he'd come here with , the ship hadn't been illuminated enough. now, with the help of 's rotom recording it all, there is a graveyard of broken bones.

[break][break] dead bodies. everywhere.

[break][break] ollie thinks he's going to hurl.

[break][break] and then he does, all over councilman's shoes.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","line"]

05 discover the skeletal remains of long dead megalopolans.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 20:12:23 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe1"]

[attr="class","gabeimg"]

[attr="class","gabe2"]gabriel steadies his breathing, allowing the adrenaline to flow through his body naturally, before it slowly begins to taper off.
[break]
[break]

's vomit splashes, and he looks down at the event with mild annoyance. without so much as chastising the ranger, gabriel moves to one of the nearby corpses.
[break]
[break]

death had not treated this corpse kindly. whether it was the natural atmosphere of this ship, or a strange effect of the world, these corpses did not rot. instead, each one of them were desiccated husks. lifting one by the collar, stirring an ocean of dust as he does so, he inspects their scalps closely.
[break]
[break]

satisfied, he lets the body drop to the floor, voice echoing as he addresses all, and none.
[break]
[break]
"ultra-beasts are attracted to megalopolans. can sense them in a way that's unknown to us." he tosses a glance at the team, ensuring they follow as he pushes on. "even in our world, as muted as it is, they can sense these foreign invaders. they hunt for them." at least, that was the running theory.
[break]
[break]
"chances are UB-01 was responsible for those corpses behind us. they did not go painlessly."
[break]
[break]
he turns to regard a corner up-and-coming. his next words are like the hiss of a smothered flame.
[break]
[break]
"keep up, or be left to die."

[break]
[break]

[break]
| |
[break][break]
🗺️ GABRIEL BLACK's experience/knowledge of megalopolans and/or his previous work as a councilman must be pivotal in some way.

[attr="class","gabe3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 20:22:33 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","mainbox"]
aw fuck.

[break][break] he wipes his mouth hastily, looking abashed at the councilman, but it seems has other things on his mind.

[break][break] "hey, are you sure you wanna — " he says hoarsely, but it seems that there's not really a point because he's already inspecting those awful husks. his stomach turns.

[break][break] 'be stronger, ollie.'

[break][break] a voice in his head whispers, and he feels that same sense of hopelessness from the first trip.

[break][break] 'get a grip.'

[break][break] annoyed with himself, ollie pushes himself forward and crouches against the floor, peering at the lifeless bodies. ugh. gross. he still picks apart the shells of bones, wondering if there's something to be found within them. a clue.

[break][break] when the councilman moves on, ollie finds himself doing the same. after all, he doesn't want to be left for dead.

[break][break] "does it work the other way around?" he says, thinking of the giant creature who had chased them into the ship. "are the megalapo-whats-its attracted to ultrabeasts too?"

[break][break] is that why they had chased them?

[break][break] he looks uncertainly at and .

[break][break] should they really be doing this?

[break][break] don't look deeper than you absolutely have to.

[break][break] those were the words he was sure someone like would've said. don't go digging. don't disrupt the balance.

[break][break] her brother, on the other hand, said no such thing.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","line"]

13 "don't look deeper than you absolutely have to".

[attr="class","bottom"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times