170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 1:58:00 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

"Coach, do you have a bit of time after class?"

Finn's face knotted slightly. "Yes, but we have to be quick. I have something on in the evening."

That "something on" was the Renaissance Faire. Finn was a sucker for the monthly festivities. He loved the sticky sweet smell of toffee apples, the lights strewn across the Fortree canopy, and the kids running around in their little costumes and holding lanterns.

It also gave Finn a chance to dress up. Finn had a soft spot for fine clothes, such as the royal green kimono and polished headdress he sported proudly, but rarely had the chance to come out like this. He might be alone, but he was a man of solitude, and his thoughts and the music of local cheer was enough to lighten his spirits.

Some merrymakers who recognised him from the village bowed respectfully to him as he walked past them, and Finn responded with a light smile. He didn't want to always be Master Flying Sword. Now, he just wanted to be a normal citizen, dressed sharp enough to kill, enjoying his evening off.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 2:34:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Renaissance fairs were a monthly celebration to show both Galarian and Kalosian historical cultures in the past where people had dressed up as medieval nobles, knights, and peasants. For the fair, she was dressed up in a ornate and fine dress with a fascinator topped with roses worn over her head. To the other people dressed in similar clothing from the feudal past, the royal had looked just like one of her queenly ancestors while giving them a wave.[break][break]

Seeing the lights illuminate the evening and noticing a man wearing a green kimono, the well-dressed woman approached him and spoke with a curtsy. “Is it not a fine evening, good sir? I hoped to sneak away from the castle to have a bit of fun before I return to my duties as crown princess.” She did stay in character if people greeted her since her usual decorum worked well with playing the part of the heir apparent of the medieval Kingdom of Galar.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 3:09:22 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Pivoting smoothly on his handmade dress sandals, Finn turned to regard the woman who addressed him. People turned up at the faire in their best, but this lady really showed up to win. Her dress transcended all of Finn's expectations - it seemed to actually be an outfit from a real royal palace. Finn's eyes glimmered merrily.

"Oh yes, madam, a fine evening indeed." Finn chirped, the airy mood of the event and the commitment of his new roleplaying partner getting to him. His breath lifted his chest high, poised elegantly like a Gallade mid-dance. "I, too, am escaping from my duties as Crown Prince of my kingdom. I come from a nearby land and am here to live, even if for a while, among the common people." He waved a hand, which he carried with weight and magnanimity, at the warm atmosphere around them. Bright lanterns, Pikachu and Growlithe with festive hats scampering about.

"I'm pleased to meet you. I'm Prince Yang." Finn greeted the lady with a deep bow. As a member of a martial clan, every movement of his was suffused with decorum. He offered her a graceful and bracing hand.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 6:14:43 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nodding to the other roleplayer who spoke of escaping his duty as the Crown Prince of his kingdom, the royal replied with a small giggle. “We are very alike in wanting to escape a bit from royal duty. Father places so much of the responsibility in being the future queen that it does feel a little stiff.” This was the same with her father being the prince of Galar who had put most of his lessons from his tutors onto her and her younger sister.[break][break]

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Prince Yang. I am Princess Elise, heir to the Kingdom of Galar. Can I ask what kingdom are you from?” She asked since there could be multiple other kingdoms other than the ones she knew had monarchies at one point. Kalos didn’t have a monarchy anymore which was a shame, but it left a lot of the castles to learn about in books.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 9:12:30 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Responsibility always went both ways with Finn. Could he empathise with people who felt shackled to duty? Yes. But did Finn also like being Master Flying Sword? Oh, yes. He couldn't imagine himself doing anything else with his life. Little escapes like their royal fancy dress party helped him keep his good cheer. Some of his students and fellow teachers might say he could use more of it, though.

"Oh my, heir to Galar? What a heavy crown to wear." Finn nodded and raised an impressed eyebrow. An interesting choice of monarchy. Wouldn't one usually go for an obscure kingdom or faraway nation - something with plausible deniability?

Still, like any good larper, Finn played along. "I hail from Flying Sword Kingdom. We are a humble but sturdy people on the border of this good city." Finn raised a strong robed hand, gesturing outwards with an understated flourish of his fine silk sleeve. Emerald dragons danced along Finn's arm. "Our people are earnest and work hard, but we are unfortunately not the best at business. We would love to learn from your kingdom in your ways - we can offer your knights martial arts training in return!" Finn smiled, much more broadly than he usually did. Part of it was that he enjoyed this little skit they had going on; part of it was also that he could be more fully himself when in disguise.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 20:34:51 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As the man spoke of the crown being heavy in being the heir to the throne, she responded with a sage nod. “Yes, the burden is heavy, but my subjects know I will do what I can to serve them as their future queen.” Taking note of the name of his kingdom being something more creative than her taking a page off the history book, she listened to the man talk about his kingdom’s people being humble and sturdy where they worked hard, but they were not the best in business.[break][break]

“My kingdom’s knights will appreciate the extra martial arts training to fight effectively in the army. If we are giving information on our nations, Galar’s people are hardworking and dabble in business well. I’ll help with teaching on how to do business ventures if you like, Prince Yang.” The costumed woman replied with a small smile since she knew business a bit better than most people.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 8:41:02 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn nodded in a performance of sage wisdom as Elise offered him an exchange of expertise. He wondered how much of this was rooted in reality and how much departed in creative extrapolation. Finn could teach some guys how to wield swords - could Elise teach him to manage wealth and bring fortune to kingdoms? Larping entailed the creative tension of stretching things even further and going along with it, or loosening things back into the realm of believability. Finn could use a bit of fresh air for now.

"We'd appreciate that very much, Your Highness," Finn replied as his eyebrows shifted from smooth decorum to an arch smile. Then, breaking character, he chuckled lightly and put his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, for real, you could come to Flying Sword School and swing some swords. I'm Finnegan, by the way. Finnegan Yang. I run the school and village."

Even as Finn dropped his royal demeanour, he put on another guise - or, perhaps, dropped things one degree lower. Under the evening lights, he allowed himself a degree of laxness that he'd never display in Flying Sword School. In performing a role, he found a new voice. Now, which was the real Finn?

"How about yourself? Who are you really, Princess?" Finn asked playfully, like a caramel apple.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 17:23:20 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Prince Yang’s character dropped while he spoke of being a swordsman from the Flying Sword School where they swung swords for lessons. Hearing him ask who she really was other than playing a character for the renaissance fair, she replied in a break of character. “Perhaps I may break character for a little while while your real identity is out, so I am Elise Kurokawa, a younger cousin of Crown Prince Remiel of Galar and third in line to the Galarian throne.” [break][break]

Slightly bowing her head forward with her real introduction of who she was, the royal spoke with a small smile. “I have heard of schools in Galar that teach fencing, but not so much like a school for general swordsmanship. You have my ear for hearing about the Flying Sword School if you want to speak more.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 6:12:44 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

A real princess? No. Finn scrutinised Elise's expression, waiting for her to let up - but she seemed every inch as serious as Finn was when he cast his facade aside.

Wait, really? Oh, no.

Finn's eyebrows danced through this range of thoughts and finally settled on a strong downward curve. Disbelief and embarrassment spun about each other in his head. He grinned sheepishly and pressed his fingers to the side of his head, nudging his headpiece askew.

"Oh, you're real!" Finn wheezed. He didn't even know monarchies even existed anymore.

"Yes, we can teach you how to use a sword. But we can't host an army... And we don't really need to learn how to manage a kingdom." Finn threw in a nervous chuckle. Children giggled as they dashed past their robes, skewers and clouds of candy floss in hand.

"Wait, so do you just live in Hoenn now? Don't you have to, you know, run a country?" Finn asked with curious weight. This was even more interesting than the make-believe personas they held - although Elise was hardly ever pretending.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 22:44:29 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Well, most people would be bewildered that monarchies wouldn’t existing in this modern age, but she knew of Galar and Paldea being the known monarchies to still have royals while Kalos didn’t have any. “I…would not think an entire army of the kingdom would come for training with the sword, it will be too much. If you want a student, I have not fenced in a long while, but I’ll be alright with taking up lessons.” The costumed woman replied to Finnegan with a little shake of her head at his mention of not being able to traina an entire army.[break][break]

“Yes, I do live in Hoenn since I moved here from Ecruteak City in Johto. I’m afraid I am not next in line for the throne of Galar, but I might be a bit close since I’m third in line to the Galarian throne at any rate. Running the country would be my aunt’s position, but I did think my elder cousin didn’t like having all that responsibility as its crown prince.” Her response would correct the man’s assumption that she had the job to run her country which was far off.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 9:01:25 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn could understand Elise to some degree. He might have had the crown of Flying Sword thrust upon him to some degree, but it was a weight he bore with gladness. Still, he could see how, in cases like Elise's, her cousin would shy from that responsibility. If it felt heavy to run a school and village, imagine an entire kingdom. The number of people who depended on you for survival. An entire society revolving around the decisions you make.

"I wish you and your relatives the best. May the head that wears the crown do so with peace and nobility."

As the two of them walked past a candy kiosk, Finn slid some coins onto the seller's counter and picked up two candy apples. One for himself, and one for the real person of royalty.

"To our kingdoms," he said, warm and cheerful like the lights around them.

@elisekurokawa
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
All dressed up (M)
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 22:20:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: