Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 15:39:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The roll of mist was suffocating. Like water, it flowed and waned all around, tickling both the ground and skies, until no light could peek between its stretched fingers. When Matias was first thrown into its grasp, the group was presented with two options.
[break][break]

One, run in after him.
[break][break]

Or, two, keep going and let him find his way back out to them.
[break][break]

Penelope, on the other hand, only had one option, and it definitely wasn't the ladder.
[break][break]

"C'mon!"
[break][break]

With an urging wave, she gestured for them to follow her into the first blocks of mist.
[break][break]

Her heart pounded against her chest, wild and a mess.
[break][break]

"Matias!"
[break][break]

While before she hesitated to put a name to the one she most sought after, now, in the pits of this misty dungeon, she had no other choice but to pursue what had been lost. Even if it meant forsaking all the pent anger that gripped her chest.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 3:23:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the mist swallows them, suffocating them until they're drowned and isolated, but for whatever reason—perhaps it's the subtle weaving of their intertwined fates—the two of them find each other.[break][break]

a brief parting of mist brings them together.[break][break]

"over here."[break][break]

he doesn't look up at her. instead, his attention remains on the gash that runs down his left thigh. his blissey's doing what it can to slow down the bleeding but it doesn't take long for him to drop to the ground.[break][break]

his leg extends out as he continues pressing down on it, hissing in pain.[break][break]

"come on—work faster!"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 3:56:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His words were the oasis she'd sought after. In the warming relief they'd brought onto her, Penelope sighed, grateful. But, as she grew close enough to peer through the thin veil of mist, a ghastly color of red stroke her vision. With it came the worry she nearly lost.
[break][break]

"Fuck, are you okay?!"
[break][break]

The anger completely faded from her mind as she fell into a sprint, running up beside him with eyes as wide as saucers. Her hands scrunched themselves in the air, unsure where to move or whether they even held the ability to help, before ultimately residing back into her pockets where Hatterene's pokeball lays in wait.
[break][break]

An arc of red spat out, and with it, her hearler.
[break][break]

"Healing pulse please, hatterene," she urged the pokemon. Her gaze then traveled back to his, "Sorry, I meant to be here faster, i just--"
[break][break]

couldn't stand being around you.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:03:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

both her concern and apology fall on deaf ears, muted by the searing pain that pulses from his leg. even if it isn't the first time he's been cut up like this, there's only so much familiarity helps with.[break][break]

the HEAL PULSES help with the pain.[break][break]

"i need you to press down on it."[break][break]

one of his hands reaches behind him. he crawls back slightly before reaching for his fallen backpack, quick to rummage through it to find a small first aid kit; had drilled its importance in him that he almost always has one with him now.[break][break]

he returns to his wound, but he doesn't look at her just yet.[break][break]

"do you think you can do that?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:09:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.
[break][break]

The more she looked at the wound, the more her insides squelched with unease. It was easy dealing with it through a separate medium, but to look at it directly was another task entirely, and it was one Penelope certainly didn't feel equipped to handle.
[break][break]

But there wasn't really any alternative, was there?
[break][break]

"Okay, yeah, I can do that."
[break][break]

Feigned confidence pushed her to the first aid kit. She first made use of its rag, following the steps she recalled watching perform on that persian, all to stop the bleeding. With a heavy hand, she pressed down on the wound, her eyes pointedly staring upward whenever possible. Even the slippery sensation of the mess below made her stomach churn.
[break][break]

"You, uh," Bile bit her tongue. She wouldn't be able to handle this for much longer. "You might need stitches."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:18:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

another hiss of pain escapes him when she presses down on it. blood continues to leak, weakening him with every passing second which puts him on a timer.[break][break]

he pries open the first aid kit to find the appropriate tools.[break][break]

"that's what i'm doing."[break][break]

this will not be as clean as it should be but it will have to do.[break][break]

taking quick breaths to steady himself, he tips the bottle of alcohol, pouring it over his gash.[break][break]

"FUCK—"[break][break]

he grunts through clenched teeth, breathing growing more rapid as his leg begins to tremble from the pain.[break][break]

but he pushes on, trying his best to stitch it close.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:28:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"No, stop," she murmured, voice hushed and firm. With a gentle hand, she reached for his, slowly swiping the needle from his trembling fingers. Even if the sight of his gash nearly twisted her stomach inside out, seeing him wrecked in pain felt worst.
[break][break]

"Here, grab onto this while I stitch you up."
[break][break]

With a soft sigh, she grabbed for another rag, replacing it where he once held the needle. Then she directed her attention back onto the wound.
[break][break]

The bleeding had stopped, devolving from a gushing mess to a long pool of blood, but it did little to ease the mind.
[break][break]

Deep breath. In, then out.
[break][break]

Her nimble fingers went to work.
[break][break]

Short pieces of experience aided each stitch Penelope made, allowing for a cleaner job than she'd done on the pokemon months prior. Mistakes were made, of course, but given the way her stomach churned, it was inevitable they'd have to face.
[break][break]

But it got done.
[break][break]

In the end, she slowly turned to meet his eyes.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:32:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

even if he wants to protest, to swipe her hand away and to say that, no, he can do this by himself, her hold on him wins in the end.[break][break]

"fine."[break][break]

little by little, he's dragged out of the pit he finds himself in, growing less isolated.[break][break]

when the stitching is done, he lets out a long sigh, then turns to finally meet her gaze.[break][break]

"...thanks."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:39:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Agreeance is forced out of him like pulling teeth. It's nothing unlike the Matias she'd grown to know, and for that, a bit of peace is found.
[break][break]

At least he hadn't changed.
[break][break]

"It's fine," she assured him with a smile. For all that she'd felt, at that moment, it was easier to ease back into their natural roles, with her reaching out and him cautiously eyeing her outstretched hand. Did it pain her? Sure. But it was easy. And she needed easy.
[break][break]

"Do you think you can walk, or do you need some help?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:53:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

can he walk? he presses his palms into the ground to help push him off the ground only to falter immediately. a surge of pain shoots up his leg, causing him to wince.[break][break]

"i, uh—"[break][break]

so pathetic.[break][break]

"i need a moment or two."[break][break]

he glances around as the mist now returns, enclosing them like prison walls.[break][break]

"you can leave if you want. it's not safe here."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 4:59:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Worried eyes fell onto him as he struggled to rise, only to immediately fall back down, helpless to the pain that must've struck through his leg. Penelope winced for him.
[break][break]

"More of a reason why I should stay," she shook her head, frustrated he'd even consider the alternative. If she was looking to leave, she would've done so already. With or without his permission.
[break][break]

But despite every blinking sign he'd provided her, spilling out evidence upon evidence why association was such a death sentence, there was no denying the inevitable pull she'd felt toward him. It made breaking away feel more like an underserved punishment than an escape.
[break][break]

She sighed.
[break][break]

"Besides, I could never leave you like this. Danger or not."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 5:45:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

a chuckle, toxic in nature bubbles to the surface only to be held back, stopped from being breathed into life. instead, he sighs, then turns away to rummage through the kit again.[break][break]

"as much as i want to believe you, you know that's not true."[break][break]

even when he finds nothing, he continues searching as though the distraction is needed.[break][break]

"you already left me once."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 5:52:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The all too familiar toxicity did wonders at drawing out her frustrations. For all that she did to keep them buried away, lies - the same lies he felt so confident spinning back to her - was a surefire way of reigniting them.
[break][break]
The flickering ember in her eyes was swallowed by the lull of reminders forcing her gaze back onto his wound. She kept her words soft despite all temptations to do otherwise.
[break][break]
"I never left you."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 6:00:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

but she did.[break][break]

after a few more desperate moments of rummaging through the kit, he gives up, frustration winning. he slams the kit shut, then pushes it away.[break][break]

"fuck."[break][break]

he exhales, bringing his hands over his face as though it would be enough to hide from the weight of the world. when that isn't enough, he leans back, tilting until his back hits the ground.[break][break]

there, he peers up at the endless abyss.[break][break]

"i think i'm losing my mind."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Complicated
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 6:05:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Maybe he was.
[break][break]

It was an awful thought to have, but after everything that had gone on, it wasn't far from the realm of possibilities. It also selfishly gave more ample reasonings behind the decisions he'd made. The betrayals he'd conducted.
[break][break]

Rather than lay out beside him, Penelope kept her knees tucked to her chest. She stared out into the mist.
[break][break]

"That makes two of us."

[break][break]