6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
A Third Meeting [POSTDORMITUM][M][C/Amor]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 7:07:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's team was in awful shape. The battle with already wore him down a lot. The Roaring Moon of the Interdream Zone were unlike anything he had ever seen; those prehistoric creatures felt like they were of the same caliber as Raikiri. Josh's mythical steed was on the mend, as were the rest of his main Pokémon. He would be reduced to reconnaissance missions while his team was on the mend. They wouldn't be coming back anytime soon, though; due to the war effort, Pokémon had to be shipped back to the mainland due to Dewford's Pokémon Centers all being overwhelmed.

This was not the time to be staring down . Especially not with slash marks running across his Sygna Suit that was inert due to being separated from his Manectric. But he was there. He still had one more Pokémon that could use his Gym's signature move. That was Blitz, his Shiny Luxray. That wasn't the Pokémon he was seated on, though. He was at the reins of Aslan, with Kovu at his side. A new sword Amor would not recognize, Danjuro was in the knight's right hand, the Gym Leader having honed his skills with the Honedge at 's academy.

He was ready for a fight this time. Well, as ready as his B-Team could get.

Josh's Sygna Suit will be inert for this thread; it is being worn for flavor only. He will not have access to its powers.

Post MP: 10 (IC post)
Thread MP: 10

{WC: 258}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥
Josh            Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Simba           Pyroar            Good  
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good  
Kovu            Pyroar            Good  
Blitz           Luxray**          Good  
Danjuro         Honedge           Good  
Verte           Flygon            Good  
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 8:52:41 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The armored man would just smile from underneath his helm, as his Nidoking would step up in front of him. This was going to be an interesting fight as it seemed both of them were letting their strongest pokemon rest. A robotic chuckle emanated from him as he folded his arms, and nodded to the sword that his opponent was holding.

"Are you sure you are capable of using that thing?" He was clearly mocking the Gym Leader, having fought him twice before now, he knew what to expect, and he didn't feel like taking it easy on him. "It must be fate that allows us to meet again since my compatriots were cowards before. There is no gravity manipulation to save you this time either." With that the Nidoking set the field up to their advantage, and purple orbs would rain down from his horn, and sink into the ground as Toxic Spikes was used to doom the rest of 's pokemon before he even used them.

Though the leader currently had two pokemon, Amor saw no use in bringing out another one for the moment though that could change depending on what happened in the next few moments.

TLDR
Nidoking is being used!
Nidoking used Toxic Spikes!
Amor mocks Josh

Nidoking - Poison Point - Megahorn / Toxic Spikes / Poison Jab / Earth Power / Toxic / Chip Away
Gardevoir - Telepathy - Teleport / Psychic Terrain / Misty Terrain / Double Team / Psychic / Moonblast
Metagross - Clear Body - Bullet Punch / Flash Cannon / Meteor Mash / Iron Defense / Psychic / Zen Headbutt
Dracozolt - Volt Absorb - Bolt Beak / Dragon Pulse / Aerial Ace / Discharge / Dragon Tail / Dragon Rush
Altaria - Natural Cure - Dragon Pulse / Perish Song / Safeguard / Sky Attack / Dragon Pulse / Moonblast
Torterra - Overgrow - Earthquake / Leech Seed / Leaf Storm / Curse / Synthesis / Wood Hammer

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 7:36:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I see you've changed little," Josh retorted, baring Danjuro at . "And you don't have your compatriots to help you, either." The two Pyroar, Aslan and Kovu, bellowed NOBLE ROARS toward the duo in an effort to drop their morale and get them to back down. Josh's hair stood on end as he felt his mount rattle somewhat from the sonic discharge.

"Scatter, Kovu!" The two saddled lions bolted in different directions in an effort to surround the Nidoking in a pincer attack. The Mauville Gym Leader guided the shiny Pyroar with his reins in his left hand and Danjuro in his right. Though he did not anticipate Amor would give him an opening to strike easily, he was ready to take the shot if it came up.

Josh's Sygna Suit will be inert for this thread; it is being worn for flavor only. He will not have access to its powers.

- Josh's two Pyroar both NOBLE ROAR in an effort to get Amor to back down.
- Josh's two Pyroar scatter to attempt to pincer Nidoking for a follow-up attack.

FIELD: Toxic Spikes (1)

Thread MP: 20

{WC: 128}
{PC: 2}

♥♥♥♥♥
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good  
Kovu            Pyroar            Good  
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 14:00:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Oh you think I've changed little?" The voice cracked into laughter, obviously taunting him further as his roars did little to dissuade the man clad in armor. "I've not changed at all . And I'm not the one who needed saving last time....Always so quick to rush in, and you never look to see what exactly is going on behind you." Of course there was nothing going on behind the Gym Leader, it was just Amor playing with him. As both of the Pyroar got closer, dark purple orbs glittered in his Nidokings hands, and shot out towards them both. He had used Toxic twice to splash both of the proud lions, and slowly drain their health.

Despite his attack power being reduced, this move didn't require it to be high at all to slowly sap the life out of his entire time.

"Y'know I do wonder, for what do you fight? I know that the League is just another cesspool pretending to be goody two shoes." He stated matter of factly, though he knew nothing of the Leaders own crimes. "To think that they keep tricking all of you into joining them. has some of the best PR teams in the world from what I can gather, perhaps I should see if I can hire them for Rocket?" He was awfully calm despite the fact that he was seemingly outnumbered right now.

TLDR
Nidoking is hit by Noble Roar x2, Attack, and Sp. Atk drop two stages!
Nidoking uses Toxic x2 one on each Pyroar as they advance!
Robot Amor talks.

Total MP
IC Post x2 - 20

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 15:34:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
In the face of two of the loudest and proudest roars his team could muster, Amor didn't even flinch. Unsurprising, but it was worth a try. Josh needed to defend himself and his lions from the Nidoking's vicious Ground-type attacks. He had speed to dodge some of them with, at the very least.

"I fight for Raikou. The Raikou you killed for no reason. Maybe not you personally, but your organization. I fight for Mauville City. But most importantly, I fight to keep the people of Hoenn safe. That includes those trapped within Rocket against their will. You, though... you are doing this of your own free will, aren't you?"

Aslan reared high to shield his rider from as much of the venom as possible. Though the number and those Roaring Moon had done on Josh's Sygna Suit had rendered its ability to block the TOXIC attack severely compromised, just enough INFINITY ENERGY remained in his suit to keep him safe. He knew he needed to end this battle quickly.

The prowling felines' blood wasn't burning yet, but it would be soon. With a spur from the Gym Leader's left heel, Aslan wheeled around and spewed a cone of FLAMETHROWER directly at the poison-type, trying to catch Amor directly in the crossfire. Meanwhile, Kovu took a different approach, his mane shining bright red and orange as he tried to maul the Nidoking in a FLARE BLITZ.

- Josh's two Pyroar are infected with deadly poison.
- Josh and his two Pyroar try to pincer Nidoking between a Flare Blitz and Flamethrower, perhaps catching Amor in the cone of flame.

Thread MP: 20

{WC: 241}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥
Aslan           Pyroar**          Pois

Kovu            Pyroar            Pois

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 18:51:14 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Listening to the mans declaration of why he was fighting, actually caused a bit of a smirk to cross Amor's hidden face.

"That's such a cliche....Had I known you had just become another drone, who spouted off lines like they were some fictional hero, I wouldn't have bothered entertaining this battle." To Amor it was all very droll, everything that Josh had just stated, the same nonsense that everyone else spouted. That was when the attacks came, and in a flash of light, Amor was gone, and he was standing several yards to the side of his Nidoking, with a Gardevoir at his side now. His Nidoking has just taken some serious damage, but he wasn't down for the count yet.

"And what about the people who are unwillingly in the League? Or do you think that abominable organization is actually better? Tell me how many of your people have harmed the innocent? How many times have those in power in the League abused that power? The answer is more than one. The only difference between you, and Rocket is PR." As he spoke Nidoking summoned forth an Earth Power creating jagged spikes of earth to erupt underneath both Pyroar, he wasn't going to last much longer, so he would get in whatever hits he could.

"You're all nothing but hypocrites afraid to expose your true natures, it's what makes you all so detestable. You go around claiming how righteous you are, when in reality you're all just murderers the same as Rocket. The difference is at least Rocket is honest about it. Amor had been content to just play around in this battle, but 's self righteous attitude actually pissed him off. @kathrine wasn't here to save him from a fall several miles into the sky this time. He would bury this man's ideals under a mountain of corpses.

TLDR
Gardevoir used Teleport to get Amor out of harms way.
Nidoking was hit with both Flamethrower, and Flare Blitz, he is heavily damaged.
Nidoking uses Earth Power which hits both enemies! (It's an AoE move!)
Amor thinks Josh is just another Self righteous prat now.

Total MP
IC Post x3 - 30

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 20:09:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Then if you don't want a fight, back down!" Josh barked, Aslan giving Amor a death stare despite the venom that began dissolving blood vessels from the inside out. Bruises began to form underneath his steed's golden fur. "They are! You're wrong; if you are a hard working, law-abiding citizen, the League takes good care of you! Now I'm not saying everyone in the League is perfect. I recognize that there are good people trapped within Rocket, and the League has rats within. We do everything in our power to ensure those who abuse their power are punished to the maximum extent the law allows." Josh sighed. "That includes me."

Amor's last comment should not have been directed at Josh. That kind of remark should have been directed at . Those were the kinds of people that marred the League's reputation. If Josh got as harsh of a punishment as he did for his altercation with , yet Matias got one month of house arrest for what he did... perhaps the League was playing favorites, after all. But what would that accomplish?

That EARTH POWER stung, both lions rearing from the recoil. Even Josh himself was not unharmed; it was the Nidoking's dispirited attitude that kept the two on their feet.

That last line of Amor's was the last straw. It was enough to get Josh's attention away from the Nidoking and to the trainer directly. Or it would have, had the Gardevoir that put him in great peril during their last meeting not come out to play. That psychic-type had to go.

Now.

While Kovu pounced the Gardevoir, looking to knock it to the ground and sink his CRUNCHING fangs into Amor's partner Pokémon, Aslan raced between the two. "HYPER VOICE, Aslan!" the Gym Leader commanded. While the primary target was the Gardevoir, the bellow may have been loud enough to burst the weakened Nidoking's eardrums, as well.

- Josh retorts, indicating that the League does hold its own responsible. Including himself.
- Gardevoir attracts both the Pyroar's attention, one trying to pounce it with CRUNCH while the other tries to rattle the eardrums of both foes with HYPER VOICE.

Thread MP: 40

{WC: 322}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥
Aslan           Pyroar**          Pois

Kovu            Pyroar            Pois

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 20:56:16 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
His Nidoking finally fell, and in a flash of red it was returned the Hyper Voice doing a number on the heavily damaged pokemon, and that is when the second one came jumping at them, but it was stopped in mid air by a pink glow around it's body. With a flick of her wrist, his Gardevoir sent it flying into a nearby wall with a powerful Psychic, and the man in his suit just looked over at the Gym Leader that was still spouting nonsense. What did he mean, that included him? What had done since their last meeting? If Amor had brought his Beeheeyem he could have dragged those memories out of his thick skull, but he hadn't thought he would need memory manipulation this time around.

"I'm sure they are punished. Tell me what was 's punishment for attempting to kill a man who had surrendered to her? What about ? What was his punishment for well anything ever?" Amor stated the cold truth to the naive Gym Leader in front of him. "Let me guess....They just got a little slap on the wrist, and that was it. Some punishment." Amor laughed, the dissonant machine like laughter echoed around him, as he sent out his next pokemon. The poison was taking it's toil on both of those pokemon, and any new one's that his opponent sent in would meet with creeping doom as well.

In a flash of light a chimeric pokemon would appear. A Dracozolt, that roared into the air as it prepared to face this threat to it's trainer.

"Aerial Ace, knock him off his high Pyroar." Amor stated coldly as his Dragon took off with a blistering speed.

He had told once that the League was just to muddy to do anything with, but they had made a bet, decided to play a game with each other. To help her climb up the ranks, and he was forced to start on the bottom rung, but so far with all the corruption that she had on her end. It would seem he had made the better choice.

"Your naiveté shows, just because you say the words that the League holds people accountable, doesn't mean that they do." Amor wasn't so stupid.

TLDR
Nidoking faints due to Hyper Voice.
Gardevoir catches Pyroar with Psychic, and smashes it into a wall!
Amor tells Josh he is an idiot in many more words.
Dracozolt enters the battle!
Dracozolt uses Aerial Ace on Aslan!

Total MP
IC Post x4 - 40

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 21:54:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Wait, what? Did really do something that horrible? She was best buddies with Cobalion, who would never tolerate such egregious behavior, from what had told him about how the Sacred Swords treated humans. To his knowledge, they were still together. But why? Perhaps it was a lapse in her self-control, much like the day that changed his life. How much forgiveness did Cobalion have within them?

" has to go. I agree with you that much. I used to think highly of him. Then I saw his true colors. To him, his Pokémon are nothing but weapons. Especially his shadow Pokémon." The Gym Leader shuddered at the very mention of the term. "For what I did, I got far more than a slap on the wrist. They do hold their members responsible. They really do. You know how I had to name an interim Gym Leader at Mauville? That's why. I am not at liberty to go into details about it."

The combination of psychic attacks and Dracozolt's AERIAL ACE downed both of Josh's lions. He withdrew them both for yet another Pyroar and a Flygon. "Simba, let's go!" As Josh reined the young lion away from the battleground, despite the venom-laced spikes putting them on borrowed time, it became apparent that the knight and rider were setting up for a high speed charge to ram and trample the Gardevoir. It was all a distraction, both to clear the way for Verte's attack and to be out of range of the discharge that was to come. Closing his eyes, the Flygon's wings vanished, sounding like a roaring engine. The roaring turned into a shriek-like sound, followed by a layer of sonic booms from the wingtips themselves breaking the sound barrier mid-BOOMBURST. Even from a distance and with the mild noise-canceling his suit offered him even in its inert state, the explosion was headache-inducing.

= Both of Josh's Pyroar faint.
- Josh reveals that the naming interim Gym Leader is due to restitution with the League, though he is tight-lipped due to NDA.
- Josh and Simba retreat from the battlefield, attempting to serve as a distraction for Flygon's BOOMBURST that attempt to destroy the eardrums of Amor and both his Pokémon.

Post MP: 10 (IC post) + 10 (Enemy KO) + 50 (Ally KO)
Thread MP: 110

{WC: 317}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥
Simba           Pyroar            Pois  
Aslan           Pyroar**          KO

Kovu            Pyroar            KO

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 22:17:46 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor was quite thankful for the expeditions he had done with , and to the Mechanical Kingdom. Due to that wretched song that constantly played there he had been forced to upgrade his suit to contain some measure of noise canceling. Failure wasn't a bad thing as long as you learned from it, and he still remembered their first trip to that place, and how it had gone haywire. So when the Boomburst came it sent him flying backwards into his Gardevoirs arms as it used it's power to keep them from going to far back. However the Gym Leader would find that Amor had his noise cancellation installed into his helm. It had come in use outside of the Kingdom, he would have to remember this data.

Both of his pokemon had been damaged, and he was sore from the shockwave, so it would seem that the Flygon was going to cause problems for them. The Pyroar had been poisoned, so that meant that it was on borrowed time.

"Take it out. Moonblast, Dragon Pulse." As a Dragoon, someone who specialized in that type to an obsessive degree using them against him was fruitless. While they possessed few weaknesses, the ones they did have were glaring to say the least, and since Amor had two pokemon out capable of dishing out serious damage to it, Josh would have a hard time. As the dragon shaped energy blast, and the pink hued ball of light raced towards the Flygon, Amor waited to see what his opponent would do.

"Yes I am sure you got proper punishment for your crimes. Let me guess this counts as community service?" The armored man snarked with another laugh.

TLDR
Boomburst hits both Dracozolt, and Gardevoir
The shockwave knocks Amor back, but he is caught by Gardevoir!
Dracozolt sends a Dragon Pulse to Flygon!
Gardevoir shoots a Moonblast at Flygon!
Amor doesn't really believe justice is being served.

MP Total
IC Post x5 - 50
Fainting an Opponents Pokemon - 10
Ally Pokemon Fainted - 50

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 8:29:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The powerful shockwave wasn't one Verte could create with impunity; the intense exertion from the shrieking wings flapping at supersonic pace left the Flygon winded. There was no hope of the sluggish dragon being able to react in time to the dragon-type and fairy-type explosions headed his way. Verte's strained, overworked wings were about to be the least of his worries as the DRAGON PULSE and MOONBLAST turned his green skin red. Blood began to pool beneath the Flygon, Josh spurring his Pyroar to top speed in an effort to recall the badly hurt dragon in time. Left alone, the Pokémon would have bled out completely.

It was time for Josh to take matters into his own hands.

Dajnuro was no longer inert; the Honedge in the Gym Leader's right hand sprung to life as Aslan fought through the venom. "Floor it, Simba!" With powerful strides, the lion charged Amor's Gardevoir, aiming to pounce at it and execute a TAKE DOWN. Whether it resulted in the psychic-type going prone or not, Josh himself would follow up, slashing toward the same Pokémon with his trusty sidearm's NIGHT SLASH.

"I already told you, I am not at liberty to elaborate on my restitution!" Josh snapped. "Keep pressing me on it, and watch this sword be planted in your face instead!"

SHORT TERM INJURY

Verte has suffered complications from third-degree burns from 's Gardevoir and Dracozolt. These burns will need to be treated and will require a hospital stay. Until May 8, 2023, Verte the Flygon can not partake in strenuous activities, such as battling, racing, flying, and the like.

- Josh's Flygon faints and suffers a SHORT-TERM INJURY (see above).
- Josh's Pyroar charges Gardevoir, the rider slashing toward the same Pokémon with the Honedge in his hand.
- Josh reiterates he cannot elaborate on his punishment.

Thread MP: 120

{WC: 220}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥

Verte           Flygon            KO  
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 0:08:11 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
"Please little boy...." As the little hero closed the gap on the two with his poisoned lion, and the Honedge in his hand, and attempted to strike the two of them Gardevoir would shield Amor from the attack taking the brunt of it herself before teleporting them across the battlefield planting the rampagaing Dracozolt between the Gym Leader, and her trainer. She was hurt, but not enough to knock her out just yet. The Moonblast had left her wide open to that last hit. "You're going to poke your own eye out before you even touch mine." He mocked the wannabe hero.

"Can't talk about your restitution? Let me guess just basing it off the Leagues prior actions. The public will never know what you did, so it can be covered up. You'll get some downtime to reflect, and that's it? That's not justice, that isn't punishment. That's just you coping with your own self loathing to make you feel better about what you did." Another robotic laugh left his lips, now that he knew had indeed done something wrong, he would just be vague, and use it as a hammer. "You don't actually care about making things right, you just care about your image. Honestly I've met murderers with more self respect than you." Which wasn't a lie, the man that had attempted to kill him in his garden was more respectable than the man who just cared about his image.

"If you actually cared about making things, you wouldn't just try to brush it under the rug, and take the easy way out." Actions, and consequences were a fundamental part of the world, and when your actions had none, it just meant you could do whatever you wanted.

"Dragon Rush!" Came the command as his Dracozolt charged the Gym Leader on Lionback surrounding itself in it's dragon aura to smash into them all.

TLDR
Gardevoir is hit with the Night Slash!
Gardevoir Teleports herself, and Amor away from Josh, and his pokemon.
Dracozolt charges at Josh, and his Pokemon using Dragon Rush
Amor mocks Josh more.

Total MP
IC Post x6 - 60
Fainting an Opponents Pokemon - 10

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 14:23:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Danjuro's single eye blinked, Josh able to feel the steel-type's delight in tasting blood. "Maybe you're the one that needs to go to 's school!" Even Josh felt the recoil of his mount's attack, the Gym Leader lurching backward before recovering his balance. Just in time, too - that Dracozolt was charging, and fast. Their closing speed was frightening as Josh spurred Simba into a burst of DOUBLE TEAM. The team of mount and rider swerved out of the way at the last moment, the DRAGON RUSH striking one of the fire-type's trailing images. It was a delay tactic at best, though; the venom from Nidoking's spikes was spreading down Simba's upper legs, causing the DOUBLE TEAM to end early.

The big cat began circling his prey of Gardevoir and , ready to fling himself into one of the two at any moment. "I already told you! I'm not at liberty to talk about it! If I could, I would!" It wasn't his own reputation he was trying to hide; he was ready to be a political martyr for the League. He wanted to make it right. He wanted to fully come clean and go public with why he was suspended from his own Gym. It was not his decision to make, though. That decision rest with the Council.

- Josh's Pyroar uses DOUBLE TEAM to evade the charge.
- Josh's Pyroar circles Gardevoir and Amor like a prowling cat, ready to fling himself at the duo.
- Josh reiterates (again) he cannot elaborate on his punishment.

Thread MP: 130

{WC: 218}
{PC: 7}

♥♥♥♥♥

Verte           Flygon            KO  
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,888 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 19:59:52 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
That was a name he wasn't familiar with, but it was obvious didn't know his real skill with the sword. Amor didn't wield a pokemon as a weapon, he wasn't that cruel, but he just sighed, and withdrew his blade. It was a simple katana, it was meant to carve human flesh, and nothing else. They were being circled as if they were some kind of prey in the jungle, but in an instant multiple copies of the armored man, and his Gardevoir appeared all around them, they could use Double Team as well. Their voices echoing in unison as he spoke.

"You know oh so little, pretend hero." The multiple Amor's all just laughed as the first one lunged forward, and then the second. The first two were fakes, and vanished, and the third one came from overhead before passing through the leader. If he attempted to block that one, Amor would attempt to stab Josh in his side, all the while his Dracozolt irritated that it had missed was charging up another Dragon Rush, and was bull rushing towards the Pyroar, and Gym Leader at top speed as the multiple Amor's continued to mock the leader, as he stepped back into the crowd of doppelgangers whether his stab was successful or not.

"You can do anything you want, as long as you are willing to deal with the consequences. That is the difference between me, and you. I am willing to deal with the consequences of my actions, even if they mean death. Because I do not do things half heartedly." It was the one thing that seperated him from the vast majority of others.

Amor truly was willing to die for his goals if that was required of him.

It was perhaps both his greatest strength, and flaw. Whatever fear of death had once been inside of him, he had conquered it on an excursion.

TLDR
Gardevoir uses Double Team to clone itself, and Amor!
Amor uses Double Team to try, and fake out Josh three times before attempting to stab him on the fourth!
Dracozolt is using Dragon Rush again!
Amor explains the difference between them as he sees it!

Total MP
IC Post x7 - 70
Fainting an Opponents Pokemon x3 - 30

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 2:48:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh guffawed at the use of DOUBLE TEAM, trying to turn his own strength against him. "You call that Double Team? I've ridden Aslan faster than that!" he taunted, squinting to try to identify the real one. While he couldn't use shadows to identify the real one due to how the undersea environment distorted light, he could squint in concentration, like he did to see where he was going when he rode Raikou on his last birthday. With split second-precision, he timed a SACRED SWORD parry toward Amor's katana.

While Josh was able to deflect it, the sheer leverage of 's curved blade knocked Danjuro out of his hand. Completely distracted by seeing through Gardevoir's DOUBLE TEAM left Josh and Simba wide open to Dracozolt's DRAGON RUSH. The reckless charge sent the Pyroar sliding through the spikes and the Gym Leader flying through the alien environment. Taking advantage of Ultra Deep Sea's buoyant atmosphere, the Gym Leader swam above the spikes, fighting through his suffering as he sent out Blitz, his shiny Luxray. The electric-type's large size and mass left him much less able to swim, touching down on the toxic floor beneath. Josh floated aboard the yellow-and-black cat, crossing his arms in what appeared to be a Z-Pose of some kind.

- Josh parries the katana blow, but Danjuro is knocked out of his hand. The Honesge begins free-floating and prepares to attack independently.
- Pyroar is knocked out.
- Josh suffers heavy damage from being bucked off his Pokémon.
- Josh sends out his shiny Luxray, mounts up, and prepares for a Z-Move.

Thread MP: 140

{WC: 212}
{PC: 8}

♥♥♥♥♥
Simba           Pyroar            KO