2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 19:25:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
After an aptly red sunset finally releases its grip over Hoenn's skies, stained as if the days shed blood had been sponged into the clouds, darkness takes over. 

For the gloom that settles over the tiny island, Dewford may very well be the final frontier of land in an endless, inkpot sea.

And yet work doesn't end because the day creeps towards its end. Not on this particular eve. 

After long, gruelling hours spent battling at sea to keep Rocket off Dewford's shores, now Angelo trades flight and boat for the coast. Becoming the night watch.  

Feet falling soft on the darkened strip that borders land and sea, he traces the sand framing the perimeter of the island town. Keeping attention sharp for movement out to sea.

Awaiting a call, of sorts. 

notes;

- here

TOTAL MP: 000
stuff here

( postdormitum: comms )
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 2:55:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner stole down to Dewford Town's beach under the cover of darkness, hidden beneath his Zoroark's illusion. Mordred seamlessly blended them both in with the long shadows cast by the nearby landscape.[break][break]

In the distance, a boat sat idly on the black water, its captain having momentarily abandoned it for the land. Gunner could not see the vessel, but he knew it was there. His intel told him to expect it, as well as the man who commanded it.[break][break]

At his side, Mordred uttered a low, gruff bark. The agent raised his gaze to catch the slightest hint of movement: a man moving along the beach.[break][break]

"Vestri," he called out, certain. The Zoroark's illusion melted away, allowing both man and Pokémon to step into the starlight. Gunner lowered his mask, allowing Angelo to see his face. "Glad to see you made it through the day."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Postdormitum: Comms[break]
Dressed in tactical gear + mask[break][break]

TOTAL MP: 10[break]
+10 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 12:32:38 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Sneak attacks had been easier to foil since Latios had allowed him access to his sight, Angelo seeing through the world of the invisible watcher at his back. 

Tonight however, he'd requested the dragon take to the seas north of Dewford as scout for enemy movement, while he sticks close to the island.

It meant that Angelo is alone when the call of his name cracks through the quiet hush of lapping waves. He turns to face it with fingertips brushing the shell of a pokéball on his waist, muscles coiled. 

Graves. Glad it's you sneaking up on me,” only to relax when recognition ignites, ink of illusion melting from the familiar face and their Zoroark. “I'd say the sentiment is mutual, but I figured you'd still be kicking.

Angelo offers a small, shadowed smile to the League agent and approaches. “What brings you around this side of the rift?

notes;

- here

TOTAL MP: 000
stuff here

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 15:45:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Inwardly, Gunner breathed a sigh of relief when Angelo recognized him. The last thing he wanted to deal with that day was friendly fire.[break][break]

"Intel spotted your boat out here earlier today, defending the island. They sent me over to check in with you and see if you have any updates," he replied, clicking on a flashlight to survey the darkened shoreline. In its lone, solitary beam, however, the beach seemed vast, the ocean vaster still.[break][break]

Beside Gunner, Mordred the Zoroark sniffed the air, searching for anything amiss on the sea breeze.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 20[break]
+20 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 17:39:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo didn't think he'd ever seen the League agent behaving anything beyond the borders of professional. Giving him the impression of a reliable, albeit diligently stiff type.

Yet the Nautica owner finds himself grateful for it. This was the kind of situation where you needed people like .   

Quiet at the moment. Won't last much longer though, I bet.” Angelo reports, reaching for a small water container stored in his belt pouch. He tilts it to his lips, taking a swill to chase away the day's dryness, before handing it Gunner's way. “They're not going to pass up an opportunity to sneak past under free cover.

In the lull before the storm, they'd best seize their own opportunity to recuperate and prepare.  

I've got someone out there, scouting north of the island. If he finds anything odd, he'll be in contact.

His gaze turns back to the darkened sea, depths bottomless, as if a well of ink had been spilled. 

TOTAL MP
stuff here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 23:04:27 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner accepted the container but sniffed it first before taking a swig. Thankfully, it hadn't smelled of alcohol and only tasted like water — something he expected from , and he wasn't sure if her husband shared the same preference.[break][break]

He handed the flask back to Angelo, then turned his head to look northward. "I'm afraid I agree with you. In fact, Rocket would be a fool not to take this opportunity."[break][break]

Their patch of beach was silent save for the rhythmic rush and flow of the waves against the shore. Gunner did not like it one bit; the sound was too ominous for his liking.[break][break]

"Should we head that way?" he asked Angelo, gesturing north with his flashlight.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 30[break]
+30 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 22:58:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
A smile appears at the corner of his mouth as he side-eyes Gunner, the wary sniff met with only wry, unoffended amusement. “I saw that.

That was proof that the agent had spent time with his wife, if Angelo ever saw one. Fortunately for Gunner, he wasn't one to drink on the job, flight school had drilled that into him quite clearly. Water would be replaced with whisky however, once this was over. 

Keeping me company, then?” Angelo takes back the flask, screwing on the cap. “Sounds good to me.

Together they stride along the beach, illuminated by the glow of Gunner's torch and the moon spotlighting on a deceptively tranquil ocean.

It would make for a peaceful night, had the quiet not been thickened with earlier bloodshed. 

And had Angelo not suddenly found himself ushered away to the other side of the island. Perception no longer there, while his body remains standing in place on the beach with Gunner.

Eyes unwillingly stained psychic blue in the darkness, Angelo turns and shields it with a hand, feigning looking out to sea. 

So much for a warning... 

Through Latios, he sees boats rapidly approaching Dewford's northern shallows, figures on board preparing to drop anchor.

That someone I mentioned...” Angelo calls out when the connection drops, unsure if Gunner had seen. “He found something. We've got three boats coming in up north.

TOTAL MP
stuff here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 12:15:50 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

In the darkness of night, it was impossible not to see the way Angelo's eyes lit up with a brilliant blue hue, the pale color reminding Gunner of Psychic abilities.[break][break]

The special agent could only guess that Angelo's "guy" was a Pokémon, but never before had Gunner heard or seen the phenomenon he'd just witnessed.[break][break]

But an interrogation would have to wait. With a nod, Gunner picked up his pace. "Let's not keep them waiting."[break][break]

Following Angelo's directions, they reached the northern tip of the island — but not quickly enough to prevent the boats from reaching the shore.[break][break]

Hidden among the sand dunes and swaying grass, Gunner watched the Rocket operatives unload equipment from the boats. He counted ten of them and just as many Pokémon standing guard as sentinels.[break][break]

"There's too many for us to take on in a fight," he whispered to his companion. "Got anything on you we can use to sow chaos?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 30[break]
+30 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 17:38:52 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Usually, illuminated eyes would be hidden beneath the tinted lens of sunglasses or aviator goggles. Under cover of night however, neither were exactly practical or inconspicuous options.  

Couldn't have asked first? Angelo thinks grimly as the telepathic connection lingers. It makes for a sober reminder on who's power this really was. 

Gunner may not mention anything about it as they make for the northern beach but Angelo still tastes bitterness on his tongue. He wasn't in the clear. Not with ol' diligent secret agent over here.

Guiding them to the location where he'd been shown, they find themselves lurking behind grassy sand dunes, peeking through the fronds as the anchored boats bustle with activity. 

Despite the unfavourable odds, Gunner still gets a grin from him.

Come on, Graves. Now you're just trying to butter me up.” Unclipping a pokéball from his belt, Angelo discreetly releases a Glimmora. “Got anything to give them a shock?

Sticking to shadows, the cone shaped flower begins to dispense stealth rocks in the sand and shallows. 

TOTAL MP
stuff here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 20:02:59 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The STEALTH ROCKS were more than enough. It did not take long for a Rocket operative to step on one; the resulting yelp of pain caused the others to stop what they were doing. A couple of his accomplices moved closer to help, only to trigger the trap themselves.[break][break]

More shouts filled the air, some of agony, others of confusion and outrage.[break][break]

"Go," Gunner whispered to his Zoroark, who leaped into action. The air around him flickered as the illusion of shadow gave way to one of a sandy beach. But the panicked criminals and their Pokémon did not notice.[break][break]

Not until Mordred lit up the night with FLAMETHROWER.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 40[break]
+40 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 21:51:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PITCH

postdormitum cameo

DESTINY ARRIVES.

a mute presence traverses all of hoenn. this region is now its home. its purpose? to seek out all pokemon. for this land has a vast array of species unheard of. creatures that share so much in common with one another yet remain distinctly apart.

when bodies congregate, so too will this pokemon appear.

above dewford town, when the night threatens to encroach on the dying horizon, the mewtwo stops well out of reach of those in the ocean. the sigil of its MIRACLE EYE glows against the purple musk as it registers those down below. humans, pokemon, objects.

it does not know what to make of this.

yet it feels drawn all the same.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 9:20:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Fire illuminates the night, bodies beginning to come alive on the beach beneath its threatening glare. Rocket grunts scattering and barking scrambled orders to one another in panic, as they come under attack from shadows and stealth. 

Joining the Zoroark in the offense, Vizzola floats above the stretching claws of a Zangoose before dumping a slathering of toxic on top of it. 

It's then as he follows the tide of the battle, that Angelo finally looks skyward. 

His brow furrows, knocking 's arm with an elbow. “Up there,” comes a low uttered alert. 

In the night dangles an enchanted bauble - an eye. It glows a haunting shade of purple as it stares down. 

Can you get a closer look, he thinks. 

Swathed in a cloak of invisibility, Latios hones in on the mysterious object with a sense of caution. 

TOTAL MP
stuff here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 20:29:39 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's Zoroark darted from enemy Pokémon to enemy Pokémon, exchanging blows before throwing up confusion illusions of many other Pokémon joining the fray. The special agent watched Mordred at work, palming another Pokéball in case the black fox needed backup.[break][break]

It was then that Angelo nudged Gunner's arm, prompting him to look skyward.[break][break]

A tiny object, bright purple, hung against the backdrop of night. Larger than a star or passing aircraft, Gunner could only guess at what it could be.[break][break]

"What do you think — friend or foe?" he asked the pilot, even as the Pokéball rolled from his hand to release his Alakazam. Merlin could raise himself above the din of battle to investigate if needed.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 50[break]
+50 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 21:16:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PITCH

postdormitum cameo

FRIEND OR FOE?

the pokemon takes up no definitive stance. for it is an observer. a third party that has a purpose that runs aground both factions. as long as they use pokemon—ones that this creature has not assimilated—they will be expected to submit.

that is its purpose.

that is what it knows.

moments pass while a skirmish occurs below. pokemon against pokemon. humans pitting their own desires against one another using these magnificent creatures as their conduit. a dynamic as old as time—yet, this one is spared.

why?

AND NOW YOU SEEK TO CAPTURE ME?

LIVE.

LEARN.

MOLD YOUR DESTINY AS YOU SEE FIT.

the words are delivered to no one. echoed in a sentiment that feels so far away despite the creature’s limited lifespan.

it poises a paw toward the ground. PSYCHIC waves begin to conjure stillborn winds into a wild frenzy. a HURRICANE starts to form, growing around dewford’s coast, isolating this region of the island to itself.

there are many pokemon present and they cannot be allowed to escape. the rocket boats docked on the beach’s shore?

none of its concern.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pitch [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 21:57:19 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Let's find out,” he answers, eyes coating over with a bioluminescent glow for the second time. 

Why not at this point? Meowth was (mostly) out of the bag. Bullshitting at this point would be pointless.  

Sight sharing with Latios, they creep closer to the foreign object hanging in the sky. Their investigation stopping as soon as the figure comes distinguishable. 

Pale. Feline. Alien.  

Angelo blinks and he's back on the beach, throat tight. Latios had dropped their connection, slipping invisible back into the clouds as they weigh their options. 

Foe. Definitely foe.” 

His warning is backed up by the sudden acceleration of the wind, its howl a foreboding prelude. Reminiscent of a battle he'd faced many months ago on an island that should've remained sealed.

That this thing should've been stuck within.  

Over the groaning of the hurricane and alarmed shouts of the rocket members, their boats shredded like paper in front of their eyes, Angelo whistles for his Glimmora.

With an owlish blink, Vizzola fights against the breeze to position herself in front of Angelo and Gunner, her spiky shield acting as a wind breaker for them. 

Watch out for your pokemon, Graves,” there's a pinch between his brow, jaw clenched tight as he calls to Gunner over the storm. “Last time I ran into it, it tried to swallow one of mine.” If you could even call it that. 

He hadn't forgotten what it had done to Latias. 

TOTAL MP
stuff here