6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Lion King of the Road [M][GRACIDEA][C/Maverick]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 4:32:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Northwest of Mauville City, Josh bounced up and down on the back of Wiley, his anomalously large Furret, the two checking on his secret grove well off-road. While the plant the GRACIDEA SEED had become was not in bloom, it had sprouted and grown to be quite a bit taller than the Gym Leader expected. That was only part of the reason why he was so far away from the highway, though.

Josh was still subconscious about riding his Furret in public. With how low he had to lean to make sure his legs stayed off the ground, he was worried others would think the very idea of the tall man on a Pokémon probably not built for riding could come off as being cruel to the Normal-type. That was why he had yet to race the Pokémon, either in a public event or at his Gym. The long-bodied Pokémon didn't seem to mind; in fact, Wiley enjoyed flinging poor Josh around. He was about to get his wish, too. Raising his legs and flicking Wiley's reins, Josh braced himself for the rodeo ride to come, his two Cyclizar and three Pyroar watching him. They were ready to intervene if anything went horribly wrong.

M: Bond Bridge (APR '23)

{WC: 207}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Goroh           Cyclizar          Good
Pico            Cyclizar          Good
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good
Simba           Pyroar            Good
Kovu            Pyroar            Good
Wiley           Furret            Good
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 16:04:16 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","widesquaremaverick"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
With preparations to challenge the elite four put on hold with the region feeling like it was falling apart yet again, the burnt scarred man found himself exploring the worn out routes that surrounded verdanturf town in search of something to do to get his mind off of the dream of holding a champion title to his name. And why route 117, Maverick couldn’t even tell you. He was so annoyed that he had to put his own goals in life on hold yet again that he didn’t even put much thought into what he could be doing while he wanted.[break][break]

Warm crimson colored orbs flickered over the vast greenery, spotting a silhouette of a man and several pokemon in the distance. Azula, the massive six foot seven hell hound, emitted a low growl that rattled in her chest. Nostrils flared underneath the rapidash skull she worn over her own, scenting out this stranger and the breeze. At first, Maverick had no business in bothering whatever and whoever that was. In fact, he was going to simply ignore them and continue on his fruitless journey of fulfilling his boredom. However, the sphere in his pocket began to shake.[break][break]

Curiously, the man pulled out said sphere. It wiggled in the palm of his hand, bursting open within seconds and a prideful male pyroar materialized. His eyes were on the pride of lions, chest puffed out in male dominance. “Don’t you dare,” Maverick warned darkly, knowing what was about to happen, “Just get back in your ball. I’ll find you a mate elsewhere.” In that moment of broken promises, Satharo darted off towards them. Maverick cursed under his breath, chasing after his fire lion.[break][break]

Satharo had no intentions of harming anyone, only spotting the potential female to grow his own pride. But as he got closer, the male spotted an enemy male with them. He came to a halt, head high and shaking his head back and forth to show off how thick and full his mane was. He stared at the other male, waiting to see if it challenged him for mating right or if he had free game.[break][break]

In the distance, Maverick came running with Azula by his side. He shouted, “Satharo stop!” and “Sorry! He’s mine!”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] at route 117 doing bond bridge for april[break]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick"]--accent:#a72f2d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/8CJjffN.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote b, .widecardmaverick blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widesquaremaverick blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widesquaremaverick blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 7:28:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even without trying, Wiley was one rough ride. The Furret's flexing back bounced Josh up and down rapidly, getting the Gym Leader's blood and adrenaline pumping. If he could train his body to handle it, he could go screaming through any curves he wanted while riding the Normal-type, no matter how tight they were. "Wahoo!" the Gym Leader cried after Wiley pulled a sudden U-TURN that flung him to one side.

That same swift amount face also made him aware of 's presence. "Oh, M-Maverick..." he stammered, clearly embarrassed at being observed. What grown man would ride a Pokémon that typically only young children could fit on? It was obvious that the design of the Furret's saddle pushed physical limits. Any larger, and the long, stubby-legged Pokémon couldn't move effectively in it; any smaller, and a human wouldn't be able to fit on it.

Josh's three Pyroar were at first defensive, but calmed down after Maverick called Satharo back. "It's-s alright. I'm just g-glad to see you're okay after that horrible day! What brings you so far away from the main road?"

{WC: 184}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 22:05:18 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Satharo stood his ground, both trying to impress the female’s of the pride while eyeing the male to see if he challenged him. And even as he stood there regally waiting to see their reaction, his human was by his side huffing and puffing from the short burst of exercise he had to do to catch up. A solid thunk on the top of his head made the male pyroar turn to meet the gaze of his human, head lowering slighting when he saw the frustration in his master’s eyes. However, Maverick’s attention was soon turned at the familiar voice.[break][break]

Crimson colored orbs met the gaze of Josh, a man who he had meet before. And to the burnt males surprised, he was riding onto of a saddled furret. You don’t see that everyday. “Oh hey,” the man mumbled back. Hands retuning his pocket, strolling closer to the gym leader and leaving his pyroar to do whatever it was going to do. “It’s good to see you. Yeah… That was a rough day, huh?” The man paused briefly, shoulders rose and fell in a casually shrug before he responded. “Nothing really. Looking for something to do I guess.” A brow rose, curiously. “What are you doing?”[break][break]

By his side, the massive six foot seven hell hound stood tall. Long arrow tipped tail twitched. Nostrils flared, taking in the scents around them. Meanwhile, Sathero returned to whatever he was doing. He took a cautious step forward towards one of the females. Will he get lucky?

[break][break]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick"]--accent:#a72f2d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/8CJjffN.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick blockquote b, .widecardmaverick blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widesquaremaverick blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widesquaremaverick blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widesquaremaverick .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 4:24:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Gym Leader relaxed at first when Maverick first brought up the Battle of Dewford. "It's times like those that make me consider whether being a Gym Leader here is worth it," he sighed. "You see, I didn't get a choice. I had to be there. I don't know if it's part of some hidden Hoennian Gym Leader code, but I've been conscripted into most of Hoenn's major military operations since I got promoted."

Of course Mav's eyes would be drawn to Wiley. "G-getting Wiley here ready for my Gym," he again stammered. At his name, the normal-type pranced about, demonstrating to the former Gym Leader just how rough of a ride he was. It looked like Josh was having fun when he was being flung up and down, at least.

Satharo may have found disappointment upon approaching Josh's pride; while they were friendly, they were all males, and big ones, at that. Aslan and Simba would strike up friendly conversation with the big dog and cat, the Shiny Pyroar in particular bragging about a recent win on the circuit.

The relative peace was disturbed by the squeal of rubber-to-ground, two Cyclizar zooming toward Josh and his Furret at high speed, splitting his position as though they were sides of a median. Wiley reared in fright, reaching a nearly standing angle that caused his rider to slide backwards out of the saddle and onto his feet. "Whoa!" he cried, recalling the Furret. "He's still a little frightened around some of my other Pokémon." Extending their clawed limbs to the ground, the two dragon-types stopped not far from the Master of Faster. "These two are Goroh and Pico," he introduced the large males, who each sounded a low, greeting moo. "They're also Pokémon at my Gym."

{WC: 297}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 1:20:14 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Little did Josh know, Maverick could relate to what he was feeling and the pressure he was under. Go back a few years ago, he himself was a gym leader of Rustboro City. His lovedfor dark types and a battleingknown through the region. His gym always being challenged, leaving little to no time for himself. The League calling him all hours of the day to handle anything from little issues in the city to massive save the world type of missions. It was very exhausting to say the least. And honestly, it was good to see Josh had some time to himself even if for a little bit.[break][break]

“I understand what you’re going though,” the man mumbled, still casual as ever, “Being a gym leader is not for those of the weak. But, I’m sure everything you have done has been worth while.”[break][break]

Suddenly, a squeal of rubber to ground hit his ear drums. Maverick familiar to the sound, but his hell hound was not. She jumped, shifting her weight to face the foe. Her lips lifted, baring her teeth. However, the pair of cyclizar came too hot and straight for their master. It startled the current, knocking Josh off and forcing Josh to recall the creature in order to calm it down. Mav reached out to his own pokemon, a hand rested on her back to calm her down. She did, though still was restless.[break][break]

Once everything has simmered down, crimson colored orb returned back to Josh. His gaze shifted over the two dragon’s, a curious brow rose. “Are those two from the mission?” Maverick couldn’t recall the names of the ones he rod on before. “How many of those do you have?” His gaze lifted back to Josh. Maybe, Josh could trade one to him. But, what could he offer this man in return?[break][break]

- - - - -[break][break]

Satharo inched closer, shaking his mane to be sure it was nice and fluffy big. However upon closer inspection, the male lion found himself disappointed. It seems that this pride had no females. The male let out a round of grumbles, head lowered. How will he ever have a pride of his own if he can’t find a female? The pyroar laid down in the grass, pouting by himself.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 2:59:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The constant Gym Challenges weren't what bothered Josh. He loved running his Gym more than anything else in the world. Even Raikou, as he was in the very painful process of learning. Being separated from his Gym for two months left him with an emptiness inside, and not even an Avatarship with Raikou could fill that void. "The longer I've been at it, the more I realize that. Now that it's public, I can tell you why it's been so hard. I can't get into details as to why, but I'm serving a six-month suspension from my Gym. Then a month and a half later, Hoenn's Mad Dog swooped in while I was gone and killed four people at my Gym, including the Interim Gym Leader. I'm not thrilled at who I had to put in his place, but she's the best I've got until my suspension ends in September." His head tilted downward. "And I can say with confidence that I deserved this suspension for what I did." Even after his suspension had been served, it would be a scar that would mar his reputation for all eternity.

The friendly dragon-types' eyes shifted between Maverick and Josh. "Right, they are," he answered with a smile. "Everything that day was such a blur. I just want to forget about that day. Just wish that day away like it never happened..." he trailed off as Pico sniffed Maverick, recognizing him. Meanwhile, Aslan and the rest of Josh's Pyroar attempted to make Satharo comfortable. Nala was back at the Gym, still a Litleo. Once she evolved and was geared up like the rest of the Leader's Pyroar, she would get to adventure with the rest of the pride.

"Just these two for now. I'm looking to get two more Cyclizar. You see, my Gym's racing challenge pits the challenger's Pokémon against four of mine. This is why I want four in total." Josh took notice of Pico's interest in Maverick. "Oh hey, I think Pico remembers you! Want to shred up 117 together? Might be a way to let off some steam!"

{WC: 351}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 20:54:37 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Suspended. He was suspended from his own gym. Is that even possible? What on earth did he do to get kicked out of his own gym? Despite the cool and calm exterior the burnt scarred man held on his face, his brain was frazzled. He didn’t even know it was possibly to get suspended from your own gym. In all honestly, he thought you either worked as a gym leader or you get fired from being a gym leader. What this suspension his warning? Arceus the league has changed things. Who knows what would’ve happened to Maverick if he held onto the gym this long? Probably suspended too![break][break]

“Sorry man,” the ex gym leader mumbled, seeing the sorrow in his eyes, “That’s sucks. Look at it this way, you are closer than you were before when you started your suspension.” Maverick wanted to asked what he did, badly. Yet, there was a time and place. And this, wasn’t it. Instead, all their attention turned to the pair of Cyclizar. It seemed that Mav had hit another button, hearing the sorrow in his tone about what happened the last time they ran into each other. Josh, however, was quick to offer up an alternative as one of the Cyclizar began to sniff Maverick. Of course, Azula emitted a low growl at the dragon. He was her human, back off.[break][break]

“Ahhh,” the man replied softly, gaze on the dark haired man before his head titled to one side at his offer, “Oh… Sure.” Guess that means he wouldn’t be able to convince Josh to trade one to him if he was looking for four of them. “We can ride if thats okay with your pokemon.” Maverick didn’t have anything planned for the day, but it seemed that the gym leader really needed this to escape reality. Even if, its for only a little bit.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 18:54:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Little did he know what horrible thing Josh had done to get suspended. After his first warning from the League, the young man was an ideal Gym Leader: he was strong both in battle and on the race track, he had customer service skills to the point of being nice to a fault, and other than the one incident that got him suspended, he had never run afoul of the law. It was that previously spotless record that let him keep his position.

Pico perked up at Maverick's approval of Josh's idea, the Cyclizar crouching and letting him hop on. The Gym Leader, likewise, climbed atop Goroh, the dragon-types on their legs at first. "Ready to burn rubber! We'll go at whatever pace you're comfortable with. They can put on a lot of speed - how fast they went before was just the tip of the iceberg," he bragged. The rest of Josh's Pokémon looked eager to chase them down, too. Holding the gray-green dragon's steering scales, Josh chirped, "Let's ride!"

{WC: 171}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 1:25:00 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The cyclizar seemed eager to let the burnt scarred man hop on the back of him. It even perked up when Mav agreed to ride. It made the man wonder if all of these dragon were like that. And as the creature crouched to let the man hop on, adrenaline began to pulsed through him. Memories from that last time he did this flashed before him. Silently swallowing the lump that began to form in his throat, the man carefully got on the back of the cyclizar. Azula grumbled, shifting her weight. Was she jealous? Sathero noticed the other pyroar get to their feet, so he stood as well.[break][break]

And as soon as the gym leader and the ex gym leader were on their pokemon, Josh made the call. “Oh yeah,” Maverick replied, getting comfortable on the back of the pokemon, “Show me the ropes man. What can these pokemon do?” It was an open inventation for the gym leader to do whatever he wanted. With little to no warning, the Cyclizar sped off with Josh in the lead. Azula the Houndoom and Sathero the Pyroar, hot on their trail. Would they even be able to keep up?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:22:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The species as a whole was generally as friendly as Goroh and Pico were. They were extremely popular mounts in Paldea, swift as a sprinting feline predator, and their steering scales were just as responsive as a bike's handlebars. "Alright, hold on tight, Mav!" Josh called to him with a big smile on his face. They had gone fast in the Ultra Wilds while being under pressure of an attack. With the pressure off, they could enjoy the high speed run across the thoroughfare between Mauville and Verdanturf.

A powerful but traditional running stroke got the two up to speed, Josh bouncing in the natural seat on the dragon-type's back. It would be quite the familiar feeling to anyone who had ridden any other Pokémon before. The sound of their air sacs expanding sounded much like a rapidly-inflating balloon. As the two Paldean Pokémon raised their limbs, their tough air sacs squealed like tires on asphalt, the riders perhaps feeling like they were being yanked forward. It was at first a bit bumpy, but turned buttery smooth as they re-entered the dirt road. Trees and wild Pokémon flew past the two, the Gym Leader wondering how well the fire-types were keeping up.

{WC: 205}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:44:39 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
In a blink of an eye, the pair were off zipping across the land. The Cyclizars showing no hint of struggle or being weighted down by Maverick being on its back. And as they got up to speed, the sensation that he was on the back of his arcanine using extreme speed washed over him. Those in this case, the man couldn’t really feel the creature muscles moving. Instead, he could ear their air sacs expanding. It was different for him, that’s for sure.[break][break]

Dark hair blowing in the wind, the ex gym leader couldn’t hide the wide smile that spread across his lips. There was something about the speed that always got him to smile. He fought the urge to let out a joyous shout, much like when riding on his own land mounts or even his flying ones. Warm crimson colored orbs shifted, spotting the fire types trailing behind him. A scoff escaped him, noting that his own male pyroar was the one who was falling behind. He was out of shape.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:42:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Josh pushed on Goroh's steering bones to command a sweeping turn, he noticed that the lion wasn't keeping up. It was to be expected; the Mauville Leader had an uncanny tendency to draw out every bit of speed a Pokémon could potentially have. Pyroar were incredibly fast, though; they should be able to keep up with even the average Cyclizar!

Josh whooped as Goroh pulled a wheelie on command before gradually slowing down to keep pace with the Pyroar. They were still going fairly fast, but slow enough that Maverick's Pokémon could keep up. Unless he objected, Pico, too, would slow down to keep pace. With the lower speeds, Josh was able to raise his helmet's visor and tilt his head toward the Kantonian. "Mighty graceful runner your Pyroar is!" Josh complimented. "I raise several of them myself. Got two for now, with a third on the way. One of my dreams is to raise an entire pride of them for the Mauville Rangers to have a mounted task force. They're faster than equines and other more common mounts."

Once they had mingled for a bit and had given the chance for the fire-type to get loose, Josh proposed one last adrenaline rush to Maverick. "Think you can handle a Quick Attack back to the city?" he asked. If they could already outrun the king of the jungle, how much faster would the Pokémom move get?

{WC: 240}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 18:55:30 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It was true. Satharo was out of shape. To be fair through, it wasn’t all his fault. It was Mavericks, really. The man was bent on reaching the champion title. And unfortunately, that took up more time than he had it would. Maverick owned so many pokemon, and the exhibit can only do so much for his creatures. Yes, they can battle each other and have room to run. Though, a real battle and exercise like this was what the pyroar needed the most.[break][break]

However, nothing seemed to get pass the gym leader as they rode through the plains. He complimented his felines strides, even admiring he owned and plans on breeding a fine line of the species himself for other rangers to have. And as he spoke and the burnt scared man listened, it seemed that his statement about them being faster than most equines was rather intriguing. Although Maverick did own a rapidash himself, he never really thought about Sathero being faster than Shelby. Honestly, the only pokemon he ever rides is his arcanine and salamanece. “Thanks,” he shouted back to Josh over the rushing wind against his face, “He’s just kinda always been that way.”[break][break]

After several minutes of cruising and chit chatting, Josh has another idea in mind and offered it up. “Yeah,” Maverick replied, “I think I can handle it.” His crimson colored orbs turned to his already falling behind pyroar, the male really showing signs he wasn’t use to this much running. It pained him to see it, but tried not to show it. “Can you handle it Sathero?” The pyroar puffed out his chest, giving him a firm nod before falling back into his exhausted strides. Maverick rolled his eyes but looked to Josh, giving him a nod that he was ready.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 3:00:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh nodded back at Maverick's indicator of readiness. "Be ready for a wheelie from him; that's how he starts it. Once he lands from it, he's gonna go fast." They were already blasting across the plains at great speed, perhaps uncomfortable for someone not used to it. And now the Gym Leader wanted to go even faster! He was truly living up to his title. With a loud moo from both Goroh and Pico, squealing noises akin to rubber on asphalt echoed around them, the dragon-types lifting into a wheelie. Despite the tremendous rotational speed the air sacs reached, there was no vibration from them. Their perfect natural balance was one advantage they had over a normal bicycle, which was much more subject to wear and tear.

Josh lurched back in Goroh's natural seat as the two Cyclizar landed from their wheelies, darting forward fast enough for details of their surroundings to become fuzzy from the speed. Trees, wild Pokémon, and other trainers in the area whipped past the two riders going fast enough that a police chase would have started if they were on the road proper. The average policeman's Pokémon could catch the two at the rate they were dashing along to begin with. Technically being a leader of Law Enforcement through his position as a Gym Leader, he did need to make sure that any high speed maneuvers took place where it was legal to do them.

Once they had their fill, the QUICK ATTACK chain wore off, Josh leading Maverick back onto the road once they were within the speed limit. It would not take them long to arrive back at Mauville's west gate. "What did you think of him? Easy enough to control?" Josh asked Maverick. "They can be a bit elusive to find out in the wild, but they feel like biological ATVs. Highly recommend one if you're well-traveled." His eyes shifted toward the sun growing lower in the sky. "Well, I should probably head back to my apartment. Would love to spend some more time with Satharo soon! You know where to find me."

{WC: 353}
{PC: 8}