Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 16:15:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope had staked her entire career as a journalist on her ability to manipulate emotions. Whether it be her own or another's, she held the innate skill of wielding smiles like hidden daggers and tears as shields. Except today.
[break][break]
The doors of the League's HBIC slammed open with sudden and fierce levels of ferocity. For anyone who'd dare spare glance toward it's sound, they'd see a lone Councilman Livy, huffing and puffing her way to her office.
[break][break]
Hair springing out of place, bangs messily squashed against her forehead, brows snapped downward; she was the face of exasperation. A calescent hurricane of whirling emotions.
[break][break]
She just managed to make it to her office and click its doors closed behind before letting out a stifled shout.
[break][break]
"Fuck, fuck, fuck!!"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 17:25:19 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Every person who witnessed passing through the HBIC's headquarters that day immediately knew something was wrong, and Gunner was no exception.[break][break]

From his desk, he watched her stalk toward her office and slam the door shut. Concerned, he walked over and knocked on the frosted glass window.[break][break]

"Miss Livy? Is everything all right?" he called out before testing the doorknob. It was unlocked.[break][break]

Slowly, so as not to spook her or incur her wrath, Gunner opened the door and poked his head into her office.[break][break]

"Miss Livy?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Takes place before Penny becomes an Avatar of Chi-Yu

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:33:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Fuck!"
[break][break]
A vase is almost thrown.
[break][break]
"Fuck!"
[break][break]
A chair is almost toppled.
[break][break]
Time and time again, the councilwomans arms would stretch out toward the pieces of furniture around her, looking to grab, only to immediately recoil back into herself, as realization steered her from possible destruction.
[break][break]
It was with her third lap around the office that she heard a knock at the door, then a voice.
[break][break]
Gunner.
[break][break]
"I'm fine," she grunted back, lying through her taut lips, "I'm just-"
[break][break]
What was the word?
[break][break]
"Frustrated."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:47:01 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The woman looked more than frustrated. In fact, she could probably stand to blow off steam, but Gunner wasn't sure what would be appropriate to suggest.[break][break]

Brow creased with concern, he slipped into her office and shut the door. "Have you just come back from your meeting with the Commissioner?" he asked, hesitant.[break][break]

Though he didn't know Penelope's schedule, he knew she'd left to meet with not only but members of the Elite Four to discuss rescue plans.[break][break]

Every day that passed spelled greater suffering for both and . The third woman, , was still missing, too — but reports were still unclear if Team Rocket had a hand in her disappearance or not.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 22:43:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yes, and others."
[break][break]

Others, aka and .
[break][break]

Both had treated her coldly, both had expected the world. Had it been for anyone else, she doubted their reactions would be so severe. Even @callan, who originally condemned their plans of attack toward rocket now raged on and on against the league's decisions, determining them heartless and cruel.
[break][break]

The councilwoman bit her lip.
[break][break]

"I get it, you know? Like, I get it. We lost a lot of valuable members and it's fucking scary."
[break][break]

There was no telling if they'd ever be able to retrieve them, much less retrieve them alive. For Penelope, someone far removed from those imprisoned, it was more frustration toward the league's own lack of capabilities to defend their own, but for someone like , someone close, she understood there was more to it.[break][break]

Hell, if it were captured, or even , her words might've bared a similar flame to them.
[break][break]

But still.
[break][break]

"And I hate playing the fucking bad guy in this, but arceus! Whenever they need someone, it's 'you're a councilwoman, you have the power to approve this', but whenever I have to decide against them? HA! Instantly it's 'fuck you, you're a councilwoman.' There's no fucking winning."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 18:15:06 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's frown deepened as the councilwoman launched into her rant unprompted. He knew that Penelope's role was to provide intel based on what the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism had gathered.[break][break]

Unfortunately, that intel was sparse; their field agents — Gunner included — needed more time. Not only did they still have to learn the locations of the kidnapped, but they also needed to determine the best plans for their rescues.[break][break]

And judging by Penelope's mood, the rest of the Council and Elite Four had not taken that information well.[break][break]

"Are they pushing for an offensive against Sootopolis?" Gunner asked, the alarm evident in his voice. They couldn't, not yet. What was the point of field analysis if the rest of the government was going to disregard it?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 23:41:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

's worries stuck to what he knew best: work. It was expected, of course, and in some ways appreciated. With Penelope being as she was, diligence was less of a certainty cloaked by words of dwindling affirmation.
[break][break]
Still, her sanity hadn't expired entirely.
[break][break]
"Yes," she heaved, eyes squeezing such. Fingers pinched the bridge of her nose as the rage continued to boil deep inside, barely contained by the tug of her pale skin. "I'm doing my best to hold them off, but they're deadset on it."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 13:52:07 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner stuck to what he knew best because he did not know how to handle Penelope's outburst — whether she wanted emotional comfort, and whether he was even fit to give it to her.[break][break]

After all, she was his boss; he was her employee. There were certain lines people did not cross.[break][break]

All he could do, then, was stand by her side.[break][break]

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Gunner asked, taking a few hesitant steps toward Penelope. A half-dozen ideas popped into his head, though none of them seemed especially helpful.[break][break]

Well, except…[break][break]

"Maybe we could walk to the coffee shop? The fresh air might be nice." When he was younger, hikes in the woods always calmed him and helped him think.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 21:10:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

[Break][break]
When in doubt, a brisk walk held the promise to cure all. Or at least it did whenever she was younger, and the world suddenly felt all too big to handle.
[Break][break]
So, to her employee's astute suggestion, the councilwoman heaved out a heavy breath, then smile.
[Break][break]
There was comfort in those who knew her. Moreso in those who didn't.
[Break][break]
"Sure. I'd love that. "
[Break][break]
With one final, definitive nod, Penelope swept up the hung blazer from the back of her desk chair, pulled it around her shoulders, and made headway out the door. As she did so, a glimpse of was stolen.
[Break][break]
"Where to?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 15:54:37 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner fell into step beside Penelope, relieved that his suggestion had been the right one.[break][break]

"There's a café a couple of blocks away next to a small park with a pond. We can grab drinks to go and stroll around the pond."[break][break]

The coffee shop was exactly where Gunner described, just two blocks from the HBIC's headquarters. Unlike large chains like Sawsbucks, it was a small café with comfortable sofas and armchairs for sitting. Paintings from the city's local artists adorned the walls.[break][break]

After purchasing their drinks — Gunner chose a simple iced coffee — they wandered next door to the park. A couple of other people, strangers, were talking walks or feeding the Duckletts who'd taken up residence in the pond.[break][break]

"Feeling better?" Gunner asked Penelope.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 4:44:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The trip to the coffee shop aids more than he'd ever know.
[break][break]

With an iced mocha -- an order she'd stolen from ages ago -- in hand, she set the pace for their little stroll around the park's outer parameter. There was a warm, balmy breeze overtaking the world, offering assistance to those suffering beneath the downpour of heat spilling out from the sun's golden cusp.
[break][break]

"Mhm," she nodded, lips fixed into a smile.
[break][break]

Truthfully, there was no amount of fresh air or sugary expresso concoctions that could soothe the pangs of guilt that swept through her. It was a futile endeavor, in all senses of the matter. But that didn't mean she lacked appreciation for the effort placed.
[break][break]

"Sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have unloaded so much onto you."
[break][break]

Times were already rough for those within the league, much less the HBIC.
[break][break]

"Especially like that."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 15:13:00 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Perhaps Penelope's earlier vent of frustration had not been professional, and perhaps, as her subordinate, Gunner had not been supposed to witness it. But he had.[break][break]

More than that, he understood the feeling of being totally alone.[break][break]

"It's all right, ma'am," he reassured her with a smile. "We've all been stressed lately, you most of all. I get it."[break][break]

He sipped from his coffee cup, contemplating what else he could say. This situation wasn't like comforting a friend.[break][break]

Eventually, Gunner settled on, "Look, no matter what the rest of the Council says, you have us. The HBIC, I mean. We have your back in all this."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 6:25:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

To many, to be comforted by one's own workplace might spur on a surge of embarrassment. To be so bare and alone that they'd have to seek support from such a lowly place. But for Penelope, who'd infused work into her every day, never daring to draw a line between what remained professional and personal, Gunner's efforts worked greatly to ease what dared gnaw deep inside.
[break][break]
"Thanks, Gunner."
[break][break]
The appreciation came with the sinking of her shoulders.
[break][break]
Large breeze pushed forward, shaking strains of red across her cheeks, and rumpling her clothes into a wrinkled mess. She breathed it in all the same, hungry for its cooling graze. The summer heat was already getting to her.
[break][break]
"And I have yours. Regardless of the circumstances, you can always call for me. Same for anyone within The HBIC. "
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 15:01:05 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Like Penelope, Gunner's work infused every part of his everyday life. Even on his days off, he thought about ongoing cases and missions. And how could they not occupy his mind? How could he relax knowing that three women were still missing?[break][break]

Unlike her, however, he had always drawn a firm line between his personal and professional lives. His parents knew nothing about his real work, while Gideon had figured it out only through unfortunate circumstances. Meanwhile, was blissfully unaware that he'd been assigned to investigate her and her company.[break][break]

But perhaps that made Penelope's words all the more reassuring. Gunner smiled, grateful to have such a compassionate boss.[break][break]

"Thanks, Miss Livy. I'll keep that in mind."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
BREAKING POINT
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 6:39:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: