twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 8:46:30 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon ventured out into the field again, this time stumbling into the Silent Icelands. This time, her studies and research brought her out on a hypothesis about the ice possibly having some kind of a connection with a key part that could prove valuable for creating personalized wormholes to Ultra Space. Of course, it was just a theory and needed some heavy amounts of research, but such was the life of the scientist. She wore some winter gear to survive in the cold climate, a bit lonesome due to Vacoule, her baby Bulbasaur, being left back at the lab where he could be nice and warm without any threat of freezing to death out here. But the downside is that Soyeon didn't really have anybody to speak with. Her heavy snow boots put an indent inside of the snowy landscape, with Soyeon walking alongside Ignis, her Charizard, and gently would stick close to him. The Pokémon let out an irritated huff, with Soyeon looking up. "I know, I know. It's colder than usual, but I promise we'll return to the lab after I get my data."

He huffed in response.
"There's a hot bath in your future, with all the steaks you can eat back home as well." she smiled.
A much better sounding huff came from Ignis this time.

The two continued, with Soyeon opened to a fresh page on her notebook and observing the Pokémon present here. It was a bit from afar, but she would need to get a closer look at some point. But maybe if she stood really still...

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 14:56:46 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THE COLD NEVER BOTHERS HER. The large flame from Circe's staff warms the chill atmosphere around the glaciate-covered prarie, allowing the Kalosian to test her luck collecting samples in this new biome. Hoenn is typically tropical so it is a welcome surprise to see another environment in the region, save for the gallery of frozen dead Pokemons petrified deep in the ice.

Selena sees the silhouette of another person from the frosted panel, the light from the Charizard's tail giving away their location. And so she presents herself.

"A notebook." She eyes the journal on 's hand. "Are you also a journalist?"

DUO WILD: THE SILENT ICELANDS (ICE/STEEL)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 4:46:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MR. RIME APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TANGLED FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIMIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLE PLAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD REVAVROOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FILTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNET RISE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GYRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TORMENT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 1:08:22 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The appearance of another voice caught Soyeon off guard. The poor woman jumped out of her bundled up and warm coat as she spun around, holding her notebook at the ready to defend from any attacks. But as nothing came to impact her flimsy shield, the scientist opened up an eye to then see the other woman eyeing the notebook in her hands. Soyeon casually brought it to her chest again, somewhat relieved to not be under attack, and then exhaled. "Sorry, I didn’t really even see you there." she said, her eyes rising to meet Selena’s. "I was just…" The woman began, debating on whether or not she should reveal what she’s been doing. Selena across from her did look official, that stern and unflinching gaze. It intimidated the Rocket, but more so from being that strict bold woman that Soyeon wished she could be. But then again, everything else struck fear into her. She wasn’t doing some top secret assignment and was here for personal benefit anyway, so why not indulge her a little?

"I’m actually, ah, gathering information about the Pokemon in this area for research." she began. "What makes them survive in such a harsh climate and if the exposure to Kyurem’s abilities have had any effect on them. Alongside some Pokemon catching, of course. I take it you’re here for a winter stroll as well?" Regardless of her answer, Soyeon gave a smile, although her eyes glanced away every now and again before returning. Ignis raised its head at the stranger, letting out a small grunt as it would glance around the environment, as if it scan it.

"My name is Soyeon. It’s a pleasure to meet you." SOme sounds from nearby had come before the two, as a Revavroom would roar towards the two of them, with the scientist jumping at the noise again. Eyes scanning the steel type as she observed it with interest. "How peculiar. I wouldn’t think a Revavroom would be in this sort of environment. They usually stick to more urban areas, especially one of that size." She scribbled some notes down on her notebook quickly, then glancing towards Selena. "I have a Varoom back at my lab. Would this one interest you?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 1:57:55 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"AH, A SCIENTIST THEN." She breaks her solid facade with a smile, a pleasantry she lets indulge. "I asked because I was a journalist. Moi c'est Selena."

Selena takes the moment to glance at 's notebook while she explains her purpose. Despite the harsh environment of this seemingly virgin tundra, the Kalosian is intrigued by the lady's commitment.

"I wasn't here when the Kyurem attacked. I was in Kalos, ma ville natale. Were you here then?"

The revving sounds mark the presence of an alien Pokemon, something which the Kalosian has only found in Paldea. When offers her the Pokemon, Selena takes with pleasure. The Delphox nods at her trainer, agreeing to take care of the creature as the two trainers continue their chat.

TL;DR
- SELENA catches REVAVROOM. (1/X)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 5:54:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLINKLANG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AUTOTOMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHIFT GEAR

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PERRSERKER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STEELY SPIRIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox"] NIGHT SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE REVAROOM!

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 2:31:03 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon blinked at the bit of language given to her, recognizing it as the language of Kalos. She paused, racking her brain in an attempt to try and figure out the proper response. "Oh! I studied abroad in Kalos during university." she smiled and cleared her throat, trying to recall the correct pronunciation. "Enchantée, madame Selena." She snickered to herself and hoped that she hadn't butchered the language too much.

Although their meeting was interrupted by the furious revving of an engine, the lone Revavroom would prove no match for Selena's Delphox. She smiled while looking about as they continued their conversation about the snowy area. Soyeon was thankful for the heavy coat, though the ski goggles may have been a tad too much for her. "I wasn't, no. I would have been back in Unova by the time Kyurem attacked here. It's a fascinating study. A side project, really. I'm typically more at home studying the effects of Ultra Space and the like." She said, geeking out about her favorite topic. Even behind her goggled eyes, the irises lit up with excitement at the mention of the place.

More Pokémon were shifting around the environment, as she looked off to the side where Ignis was currently stomping about near a Perrserker. The fire type roared, blasting the poor style type with a direct hit *Inferno* as it was blasted a few feet away. She turned back and gasped at the sight. "Oh dear, try and be careful, Ignis. We're trying to study the Pokémon here. Although I do need some more steel types..." she smiled coyly, pulling out a Powerball and throwing it at the defeated Perrserker before continuing with Selena.

"What brings you to these frozen lands, Selena?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 15:45:03 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
SOYEON'S TONE IS ENOUGH JUST FOR SELENA TO RESPOND WITH A PROMPT: "Enchantée."

The other begins to tell about her little scientific endeavors. It is really fascinating when others speak of their interests and passion wholeheartedly which makes the Kalosian admire the other. "It is interesting indeed. A testament of the dragon's sheer power."

She pauses for a moment and reaches something from her backpocket: a pokeball in a space-patterened decor. "But you say you're more into the Ultra Space, non? Have you already seen an Ultra Beast yourself?"

Meanwhile, the Delphox waves its fiery staff against a loose Klingklang. The vixen begins to launch another HEAT WAVE to subjugate the creature for her trainer.

TL;DR
- SELENA catches KLINGKLANG. (2/X)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 5:26:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAMOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COPPERAJAH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERPOWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 2:19:31 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"Indeed. If I could ever find or stumble across it one day, I'd love to run some tests with it. In fact, just the other day, I was studying some of the make up and differences between average Pokemon and the...what are they calling them now? Paradox Pokémon? They're quite the oddity, especially the ones that are almost fully autonomous machines. Did you know that their exterior isn't fully metal as well? It's actually layers upon layers of finely crafted membranes which..."

Soyeon cleared her throat as she realized that she was geeking out in front of Selena, her cheeks tinged a soft shade of pink. "My apologies. I sometimes get a bit too excited. I wanted to be a Pokémon Professor when I was younger, b-but life seems to have drawn me away to worlds other than our own." Selena pulled out a Pokeball, but one that had a design similar to that of space. She tilted her to the side to inspect it and shook her head at her question. "Embarrassingly, no. I went to the Ultra Sea a while ago, but never did run into many Pokémon. Just a League Officer and a trainer down there."

Their conversation was interrupted by thundering stomps, as in front of them would be two rivaling large Pokémon. A Mammoswine and a Copperajah. They seemed to be having a feud of some kind as Ignis was watching nearby. "Pardon me for a moment, Selena. I've always wanted a Mammoswine to ride. Je suis désolé." She said, whistling at Ignis as she pointed at the opposing ice type. "Flare Bliz!" The Charizard roared towards its target, bathing itself in flames as it smashed into the Mammoswine, sending it back some feet on impact. Once it was done, she threw a Pokeball at the lumbering Pokémon, capturing it inside of its ball.

"I see the Copperajah here are as prideful as ever. This was more than likely just a fight between the two."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 16:41:17 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
SOYEON HALTS FOR A MOMENT THERE, probably thinking that geeking out might disappoint Selena but if she looks in her direction, she will find that she is beaming at her. "Membranes which what?"

Selena is reminded of herself when she is still passionate in her craft and art form. Her motivations are fueled by the deep desire to prove something. But she also understands what it feels like when life takes you in a different direction.

Just like how 's attention is grabbed by the Mamowswine, Selena then takes care of the Copperajah.

"Sure, I'll try taking the other as well."

Circe waves her staff as another HEAT WAVE hits the metal mammoth, giving her trainer the opportunity to capture it.

TL;DR
- SELENA catches COPPERAJAH. (3/X)

DUO WILD: ICE/STEEL

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 3:52:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD AMAURA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REFRIGERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FREEZE DRY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DELIBIRD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INSOMNIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRILL PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PRESENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 0:04:24 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Oh? Selena actually seemed interested in her little rant about the Paradox Pokemon in all. She laughed a bit to herself, cheerful that somebody was willing to let her nerd out a bit more. "M-Membranes that are layered on top of one another and reinforced than typical scales that a reptilian Pokémon may have. In short, it looks like metal plating but iis actually a series of scale-like protrusion stacked on top of one another. Some tests done in the lab showed that their cellular makeup exceeds ones shown in even the fastest of Pokémon. Imagine a suit of armor that, if damage or bent, can reshape itself within seconds and withstand the same amount of force again and again." Soyeon stopped, needing to take a breathe as her scientific mumblings continued.

"And when placed in an environment offering an ample amount of electricity, say a power station, their cellular make up breaks down this energy source as fuel to amplify their abilities. I've only known the more futuristic ones, nothing more than the primitive species, but if we were to find a way to harness this energy, the uses could propel us into the next golden age of humanity. Imagine sources of power without the need for harnessing limited resources. No more need to ruin habitats for industrial factories or the like."

Soyeon had been talking nonstop for about a solid minute and a half as she spotted an Amaura wandering about. "Ignis, use Inferno on that one!" Ignis huffed, rearing his head back as he would unleash a sudden blast of fire at the Amaura. The Ice/Rock took the hit as it would fumbled back, wounded from the powerful attack. Soyeon tossed a Pokéball at the Pokemon, catching it as she would turn back to Selena. "You say you're a journalist, non?" she giggled, "Please! Tell me about some of your stories."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 5:58:23 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
HER MUMBLINGS MIGHT BE JARGON-LADEN but Selena takes every moment to process every word coming from 's mouth. She imagines what it must be like dreaming of a world with her ideals manifested. The excitement of the scientist comes to her as she thinks of hers as well.

"I don't have the futuristic Paradoxes but I have the primitive ones." For a character like Selena, studying the past has more gains than the other. The past holds the key to what possibilties in the future there might be. "The NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM should have been contacting me because of this creature."

She tosses the ball and there appears the Flutter Mane beside her. The light catches the attention of one deliberd who decides to give it a PRESENT, but the uncertainty makes the creature retaliate with its STORED POWER before the trainer attempts to catch it.

"Stories, you say?" She smirks as she picks up the ball of the Delibird. "What kind of story do you want to hear?"

TL;DR
- SELENA catches DELIBIRD. (4/X)

DUO WILD: ICE/STEEL

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Icy Hypothesis [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 21:04:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JYNX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WAKE UP SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FERROSEED APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON BARBS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIRROR SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights