Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 14:13:11 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

Taped to a Notice board posted in front of 's gym, a particular poster was found amongst many.

Historical Galarian Martial Arts
Instructor: Sootopolis Police Deputy
Saturdays
Verdanturf Town Community Center
6:00p.m.-10:00p.m.
Equipment will be supplied.
Availability: April-June 2023

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 15:42:07 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Among aIl of the advertisements posted on the Verdanturf gym, one would stand out as an ad for teaching historical Galarian martial arts at the Verdanturf Community Center. While ’s Flying Sword School in Fortree City did teach general swordsmanship, Galarian martial arts itself was something that she’d be doing if he elder cousin would teach her how to defend herself during an attack. Of course, the main instructor for this course was a deputy officer of Sootopolis where Josh told her that the city itself was dangerous for the league to tread on.[break][break]

The royal makes her way to the community center before 10 minutes of the time that the class would start with those 5 minutes passing into the earlier time than usual for the young woman to find the wide space of the room filled with equipment made for the historical Galarian martial arts class. Swords, spears and everything that students of Saturday’s martial arts course would use lined up the walls in each rack.[break][break]

“I did try to come here on time, Instructor Wledig. Nonetheless, while I heard that there was a Flying Sword School in Fortree from one of its members, I’ve never heard of historical Galarian martial arts classes being held here in the community center.” With a little bow of her head towards the blond man, she spoke her words as a regal princess should.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 17:37:22 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

Tatami floors had been tested to ensure their good state. Equipment had been spread over several tables for ease of access. Dummies had been set up on one end of the studio for practice. And a large, circular ring of tape had been prepared for sparring matches.

At the very center of that ring, stood the class instructor. The blonde man smiled at his first (and so far only) arrival.

"I can tell, you're just in time." The man intoned as he looked Elise over.

Then, he promptly folded an arm over his chest and bowed.

"Welcome, your highness. I am Police Deputy Gwyar Wledig." He said. "As a man of Galar, Had I expected the princess of Galar to grace our studio, I would've prepared better installations."

Rising back to his full height, he folded his arms behind his back and listened.

"Flying Sword School? Fortree...?" He hadn't realized he was so uninformed as to not know of this. "It sounds fascinating."

He wanted to look into it right now. But— duties first.

"I can't imagine you had!" He said with a laugh. "I only just recently offered my services. The verdanturf town official were kind enough to accept them."

He had decided that some experience teaching the sword to someone other than his own children would help in his efforts regarding , and .

Maybe he would have an epiphany while teaching the class.

"So! Your highness. Are you here to learn HGMA?" He asked, before lightly tilting his head and grinning. "Or just here to make sure some amateur is not botching our nation's arts?"
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 3:00:39 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Thankfully, the instructor did say she came here on time for the rest of the class to start filing in the room after she did as he introduced himself with his job title and name. “I don’t mind the current installations you have for your class.” Her response to the blond man’s words of having to get better ones if he was going to teach a princess of Galar came with a small laugh. [break][break]

On the man talking about the Flying Sword School in Fortree being an interesting swordsmanship school to research on, she could pay the school a visit when there was a bit of time to spare between training as a gym trainer for Mauville City’s racing grounds and having to spend more time with her elder cousin. [break][break]

“Yes, I’m here to learn HGMA with the rest of the class, Instructor.” She responds to the older blond though an amateur who would botch their great nation’s art would’ve been a bit of an amusing subject to speak about.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 18:14:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

"Let's not delay, then." The man said with a smile, stepping out of the princess' path and gesturing towards one of the tables. "Let us first find suitable gear for you, your highness."

The marched over to the table, inspecting it, then the princess, before picking a few pieces for her.

"A certain level of physical fitness is required. Though I can see I needn't worry about that on your count." He let her know as he handed over the equipment to the princess. "I'm afraid I'll not around for long enough to train anyone from the very ground up."

Perhaps if he opened up his own school, one day... for now, however—

"HGMA encompasses a vast number of martial forms and weapons that have long existed—" The man began, launching into a quick and simple introduction to the very concept of HGMA. Not for the princess, but the rest of the students that began arriving to class.

"But Sword and Shield have long been considered the very essence of Galarian Martial arts, literally as well as philosophically."
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 20:36:57 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She watched the instructor move out of her path as he said that he wasn’t going to delay starting the class and he would find suitable gear for her. Taking the equipment from the older blond, Deputy Wledig’s smaller suggestion that a certain level of fitness was required for the class though he didn’t have to worry on her count. Though the older man wasn’t going to be around long enough to train anyone from the start, the introduction started with what HGMA was and how it had numerous martial forms and weapons existing long to the present.[break][break]

And his intro to the martial art finished towards sword and shield being considered the essence of the Galarian martial art both literally and philosophically. All while the police deputy was talking, the royal nodded along to the words of the blond where the rest of the students would stand near her to listen to the man too.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:14:57 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

From there, the class moved to the basics. As the writer does not know what the basics of sword instruction look like, assume Gwyar's epic, Murim ass beginner's course was appropriate.

"Is the weight suitable, your highness?" Gwyar asked Elise as he moved from one student to her, his synthetic sword raising to challenge the young princess to a spar. "If so, might you honor your instructor with a short bout?"

He smiled, lightly tilting his head as he took his stance, sword and shield in hand.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 22:24:24 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The basics of the class went by in somewhat of a flash though since she had been paying attention to most of what Instructor Wledig had been saying throughout the value of having a sword and shield ready for combat. Watching the blond move from one student over to her as he asks if the equipment’s weight was suitable. “I find the weight suitable, thank you.” She replied when he offers for her to give him a short bout as her instructor with the blond man smiling at her lightly.[break][break]

Watching him take a battle stance with a shield and sword in hand, the royal responds with her own battle stance as she holds her own sword and shield in hand. “As for your offer, I will be honored to have a short bout with you, instructor. Please tell me what I must do during your instruction.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 23:57:31 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

He smiled, knocking his sword against hers.

He appreciated her forthrightness. It was not the sort of behavior one normally expected from royalty: very refreshing.

"You merely need to try and apply what you've learned, your highness." The knight let her know with a smile, before tightening his grip into a more firm vice. "Now... here I come."

With that as a warning and a signal, the man suddenly stepped forth, feet firmly on the floor as he swung in a controlled, telegraphed arch towards her.

What would she do...?

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 17:02:39 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

An answer came from the older blond man that she’ll need only to try and apply what she learned during their bout. She gives the police deputy of Sootopolis a firm nod, knocking his sword with his as he tells her that he’s ready with that as a warning and signal, his movement starts to go into the first strike and watches his feet plant firmly on the floor. The man’s sword coming to swing at her in a controlled, telegraphed manner makes the royal raise her shield to block the sword from swinging on her with her shield.[break][break]

Other than blocking Police Deputy Wledig’s sword swing, she sidesteps in her battle stance to make a swing of her own sword towards the blond man. In comparison to the man’s controlled, telegraphed movement in swinging his sword, the princess’ movements in using her sword were fluid and graceful in her effort to attempt a parry his first attack.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 16:18:31 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

The wooden sword crashes onto the princess' shield, and she counters, fluid and graceful. Not an amateur by any means.

"Very good." He praised, smiling.

She could handle more.

His own shield comes to block the strike as he steps into the princess space, his sword sliding up against the shield until his palm came to rest against its wodden surface.

With his great weight, he shoved the shield aside before throwing a telegraphed stab, wondering how the princess would respond.
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 16:05:33 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She gets a bit of praise from the blond instructor as the woman smiles back though Elise still had much to learn from someone who mastered the art better than she could. The shield that the police deputy held comes to block her strike and his sword comes to slide up against the shield. Feeling her shield shoved aside from the instructor, he attempts to do a telegraphed stab at her where Instructor Wledig could watch how she responded to this move.[break][break]

In another motion of her sword, the blade goes to block his stab with a parry as it pushes his stab off. She tries to get in her own stab onto the blond male as if she attempted to find the right time to strike back.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 17:38:06 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

"Oh hoh?" He uttered, rolling his wrist to counter her counter, their swords locking together. "Very good, Your highness."

Pleased, the knight rolled his wrist once again, disengaging his sword from hers before moving to strike again.

This went on for some time, with the blonde knight testing and pushing the princess' skills— until the time he had put aside for her ran out.

"Ah—" He said as he pulled his sword back. "I must move on now. Excellent fencing nonetheless, your highness."

He went over some criticism and feedback he had for her promptly, keeping the points she needed to work on concise.

"Understand? Do your best." He finished simply, smiling. "I've got great hopes for you."
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 20:05:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She would actually enjoy practicing a bout with the instructor when he counters her counter with his sword, the wood locking together as he praises her for a good job in thinking of a counter when her shield was knocked aside. “Thank you, Instructor, for your high praise.” Her response came with a smile when the training bout would continue until he’s done, saying that he has to move on now and spoke of her fencing being excellent nonetheless. The police deputy officer gives her some feedback and criticism over how to improve her form better for the next training sessions.[break][break]

Once the police deputy officer finishes, she gives him a firm nod. “I understand and I will do my very best to improve more.” The next thing that she wanted was to get something to practice with on the way back home. “If it’s alright with you, might I take one of the swords and shields to practice with?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Swordmaster
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 23:59:18 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Swordmaster

ft.

Gwyar lightly tilted his head in mild confusion.

"Ah. I'm afraid I need those for the class, your highness." The man said with a laugh. "You may use them for as long as you're here— but I'm afraid you'll need to acquire your own, should you desire to train on your own time."

He paused, cupping his chin thoughtfully before smiling at her.

"But— I can recommend you a master smith, should you desire."

More business couldn't hurt . He was pretty certain money wouldn't be an issue for a member of the Galarian Crown.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing