consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 15:43:13 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

SPARKLING SPAWNING WITH

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The loss of her lycanroc is still a fresh wound. She's reminded of it most in times like this. The times in-between seeing people and distracting missions.[break][break]

Originally she'd stopped home to go and meet up with her father, talk to him to see how her mother was doing. She'd been moved over to Mauville because the medical care was better there for her. Well, the institute she needed to be in was better there, anyway.[break][break]

That only reminded her of her own moments of hallucination within the ultra deep sea. And shortly after, her loss. Loss is what made it all so real and yet so confusion.[break][break]

A few ledian move past her, the dust fluttering around. The entire forest is lit by them, causing a small smile to form across Francie's face. It's a distraction. Her mind is pulled from it's dwelling, considering the past, and instead propelled into the present.[break][break]

The present where she must continue to breathe and survive. A present where she can help to make that sacrifice of her lycanroc not have been in vain.[break][break]

Still, she doesn't speak. She's waiting for another to come. They're to collect as much of the dust as possible for the sake of some research that the rangers are looking into for the league. She doesn't ask questions. She's only happy she can get a mission this down to earth during her ... recovery phase.

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 17:20:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (francie.myrtle@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Sparkling Spawning"
PROTOCOL: Protect
DANGER: ★★☆☆☆

Recent natural and man-made disasters have upset Ledian mating cycles around Petalburg Woods, diverting them toward Petalburg Plateau. This has attracted a swath of dangerous flying-type Pokémon looking for easy meals. The effects this could have on the regional ecosystem are devastating. Your mission is to protect the swarm of Ledian from predators.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Protect the Ledian from predators during their mating ritual.
B) Collect samples of the Ledian's sparkling dust for analysis.

We have shipped you a small supply bag filled with Poké Balls. You may use them at your discretion to catch-and-release predators at your discretion. You are not permitted to keep any of the Pokémon you catch. The supply bag also contains empty vials to be filled with sparkling dust. We require you to fill two for your mission to be considered complete, but the more you can fill, the better.

Per your restitution with the League, this is the fourth of ten assignments you will complete without compensation.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

It was truly a rare opportunity for Mauville's Gym Leader to visit the sanctuary of one of his best friends. Though they were both Rangers, 's work kept her to Verdanturf more than she would have liked. With many of her Pokémon still on the mend from the venomous foliage grown in the wake of 's attack, she needed his help in keeping the place safe while she was fighting wildfires in the southwest. Little did she know there would be more than one site she would be asked to help out at.

In the night sky, the Ranger in blue surveyed the plateau from the back of his Aerodactyl, Meteos. So far, so good. It did not take him long to notice the long-haired blonde at the rendezvous location. He reined the prehistoric predator into a shallow dive, landing next to the young lady. "You must be Ranger Myrtle," Josh presumed. "Elite Ranger and Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh. Great to meet you."

While Josh wasn't particularly fond of bug-types, especially after what King Zing did to Eris, the beauty of the mating ritual briefly captivated him before he shook his head and refocused. "Ranger Myrtle, I'll brief us before we get started. Our mission is twofold: protect the Ledian from flying Pokémon and collect Ledian dust for the League. I think the best way to handle the flying-types is to take to the air and battle their flock leaders. If we can take down their leaders, the others will follow."

Josh twirled a Poké Ball in his hand before clicking its release switch, a saddle-wearing Pidgeot emerging from it. "These two are Meteos and Pazuzu," the Gym Leader introduced his Pokémon. "I've got more flying Pokémon if we need them, but these are two of my best that won't also destroy the environment. Do you have a flying Pokémon of your own?"

{WC: 519}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Meteos          Aerodactyl         Good
Pazuzu          Pidgeot            Good
Goose           Unfezant           Good
Slider          Braviary           Good
Steel Needle    Gliscor            Good
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 14:05:28 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There's a chirp on her phone and she looks it over. The details cause her to come to a bit more attention, and luckily for her it's just before an aerodactyl lands beside her. There's a fond smile that finds its way more to her eyes than her lips before she sees .[break][break]

From what she's read, and what she's heard, he's a pretty big deal. Mauville's Gym Leader and an Elite Ranger. The title 'Ranger Myrtle' isn't foreign to her, but she can't help but feel like;[break][break]

"You can just call me Francie."[break][break]

She listens after her small introduction and lets blonde eyebrows furrow a bit. He's all business and she's thankful for it. The serious nature he holds contrasts her usual whimsical approach to things and her current ... uncharacteristic frown.[break][break]

A small flick through her portable personal computer has her pulling out all the pokémon that she could possibly think would do well against the assault from the air. Within a few motions, she's got new capsules forming as she addresses Josh.[break][break]

"I've got an aerodactyl as well. My probopass knows magnet rise, so he can offer aerial support as well. My geodude knows smack down, annnnnd, I've got a minior who can float up there while my two lycanroc offer support down here and make sure the bugs don't become disturbed."[break][break]

Each one of her pokémon come out from their capsules. She's never afraid to summon her giants and surround herself with them. They could squish her with their tails if they wanted, but she felt safe and comfortable around them. More so than humans most of the time.[break][break]

Lincoln and Lyonel stay by her side, still sour like she is from the loss of their brother. Norman is in his meteor shell spinning around, a rainbow like glow coming from within the holes. Gem floats toward Boe, playing with the probopass' nostrils. Boe retaliates with a snort that causes the geodude to go rolling.[break][break]

Tilly eyes the other aerodactyl and protectively wraps her tail around Francie. Heavy but calm breaths leave the aerodactyl as Francie gives her ribs a soft pet, pale fingers callused from such affections are unhindered by the rough stone like skin of her aerodactyl.[break][break]

"Question is, I can't be in all places at once. I think it'd be best if you take Tilly, Norman, and Boe with you. I can offer protection to the ground from here and collect some samples with Lincoln, Lyonel, and Gem."[break][break]

To help him know who she's talking about, she thumbs or points at each pokémon while using their nicknames.[break][break]

"And don't worry, they'll respond to their species name as well if you get confused."

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 8:13:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's great, Francie," Josh replied with a smile. "I prefer to be on a first-name basis with people." Francie's use of a portable PC to access Pokémon storage was something the Gym Leader was a bit jealous of. He never got League clearance to have portable access to his Pokémon - he could only access his Pokémon storage account when at a Pokémon Center. When he became Mauville Gym Leader, he sidestepped that requirement by way of simply letting his dozens of Pokémon roam the vast property that was Mauville Racing Grounds.

"Works for me," the blue-uniformed commander answered the young Ranger after she presented her plan. "How well can your Pokémon work autonomously? I'm going to have my hands full directing my own team," he admitted. He also had to be at the reins of his Aerodactyl, which was a handful to control. Meteos was one of his swiftest flying Pokémon, but his aggression often had to be reined in. "If you're comfortable with it, you might want to take to the air yourself, just at a lower altitude. How much experience do you have as a rider?"

Their conversation would be cut short by the rustling of feathers breaking the silence of the night. The feather of a Noctowl dropping on Meteos' head was Josh sign to jump into action. "They're here. I'll do my best to corral them away from the Ledian. Might not be a bad idea to saddle up in case things get hairy," he gestured toward the other Ranger's Aerodactyl. "See you on the other side. Let's go, Meteos!" With a flick of the rock-type's reins, the Gym Leader zoomed skyward, ready to slice through Noctowl plumage with high speed STONE EDGE passes.

{WC: 295}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 14:41:15 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There was an interesting amount of miscommunication just before communication was cut and Francie was left with a bunch of plumage and her pokémon by her side. She blinked, twice, before shaking her head.[break][break]

"General idea guys," she climbed atop her aerodactyl—without a saddle, because she'd never needed one. "Protect the bugs and help me nab some dust, huh?"[break][break]

Lincoln was already at work, an accelerock being used as gem let loose a stealth rock with him. Lyonel, however, looked at Francie with sparkling eyes. She knew what his excitement meant, he was double checking he heard her right.[break][break]

"Yes, Lyonel. Get dirty, but make sure it's the dust!"[break][break]

Lyonel let out an all too happy howl before running into the fray like a wild animal. Norman floated into her arms and she gave Tilly a kick, clutching onto her with her thighs as they ascended into the air.[break][break]

Boe used a magnet rise to get himself off the ground, hovering around and using either a rock blast or a tri attack to snipe from afar. When things got too close, he'd discharge some of his electric energy and then continue.[break][break]

Floating alongside her and Tilly, Norman summoned an ancient power and began pelting nearby birbs with it. Tilly used hyper beam on anything that was out of range and those that were unfortunate enough to get close would get either a thunder fang or an ice fang.[break][break]

All the while, Francie gave orders and congratulated her team. Several whoops and rejoicing laughs were given as well. It wasn't a game, by any means, but damn if she wasn't having a great time!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 2:53:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh admired those with the strength to ride bareback, especially Pokémon as strong as Aerodactyl. He needed it, though; going as fast as he did amplified the force on his rump. While his skills and strength had developed to the point where he rarely got saddle sore, the Gym Leader remembered the unpleasantries of when he did during a time he was less experienced. He never would have been able to ride Meteos bareback, what with having some of the most forceful takeoffs out of his entire air force. There were also the fierce stoops the rock-type was capable of. The way he folded his wings in and unfurled them at the trough of his dive, it was like riding on a falcon.

Josh, Meteos, and his bird Pokémon were high in the air, dogfighting with the Noctowl to try to make 's job easier. As the first few fell to STONE EDGES, AERIAL ACES, and other potent moves, the nocturnal Pokémon directed their focus away from the Ledian and toward the Gym Leader and his Pokémon. Unlike many birds, Noctowl had mild psychic powers that no amount of speed would let Meteos dodge. He hurled Poké Balls at several that came too close for comfort, but for every one that was captured, another threatened to tear Josh and his birds out of the sky. Several Poké Balls hit the ground, some landing uncomfortably close to Francie. One may have even beaned her.

After the first wave of Noctowl had been captured or incapacitated, Meteos was showing signs of disorientation from the birds' EXTRASENSORY powers. "Pazuzu!" Josh cried for his Pidgeot. "Fly underneath me! I'm sliding down!" With that, he attempted a dangerous mounted switch from his Aerodactyl to his Pidgeot.

{WC: 295}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 15:42:55 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The battle was chaotic.[break][break]

A small panic moved through her at the beginning. Trying to keep an eye on everything, but by the time she had relaxed it was because she began to trust that Josh knew well enough what he was doing. Even enough to switch mounts mid-air, so sick. She would have to try that ... as soon as she got a different flying type, which she likely never would unless some other aerodactyl would need a new home.[break][break]

Still, the idea of two Tillys made Francie a little nervous. Tilly was easy but huge and hard to keep around her at all times.[break][break]

But she wasn't worried about that. Instead, her mind was more at ease than it had been in a long time. She was all too excited to be helping. Gem and Lincoln took care of any birds that broke through. A smack down here, an accelerock there. All while Lyonel played the 'what bird can I punt with stone edge this time' game while getting a little too friendly with the dust all over the ground. He was literally covered in it.[break][break]

Norman and Boe tag teamed and Tilly helped Francie to catch the pokeballs that came falling from the sky. She excitedly collected them in her shirt as best as she could, beaming.[break][break]

The flocks eventually cleared and Tilly landed. When she did, Francie slid down and off, sure to give Tilly a kiss of appreciation. Squatting down, she let the pokéballs she'd caught pile next to Tilly. Gem brought a few in her hands and Lincoln had a few in his muzzle he dropped. Meanwhile, Lyonel laid down a plethora he'd scooped up with his own clawed hands.[break][break]

"Oh Lyonel look at you... you're covered, I can barely see your fur."[break][break]

The shiny dust was a lot, causing Francie to wince. Norman began to spin and twirl while Boe just hovered above the ground in observing silence.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 1:57:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The mounted switch was successful, Josh safely landing in Pazuzu's saddle with a squawk from the enormous bird. Meteos was not only confused, but tired; he had switched rides because he had felt the rock-type's flight becoming progressively more unstable. Within a minute or two, the EXTRASENSORY barrage proved to be too much for Meteos to handle, Josh recalling the Aerodactyl.

As drastic as it would be, the best way for Josh to repel the Noctowl was by blowing them all out of the sky with the biggest attack Pazuzu could muster. The flying-type built up a lot of speed over his friend's sanctuary, well above where the Ledian were flying. "Pazuzu, use HURRICANE!" Josh cried loudly enough for to hear and take appropriate measures to protect herself.

The Pidgeot took an abrupt turn and flapped his wings with such power that it felt like the bird was trying to buck him off. Good thing his flying Pokémon all wore cocoon saddles, or he would have been sent flying himself! His mount's strength rocked him back and forth as the Noctowl struggled to fly in the dangerous winds. They backed off, but the windstorm had scattered Ledian dust all over the place! "Quickly Pazuzu, now use TWISTER there!" the Gym Leader pointed.

Vigorously beating his wings again, the Pidgeot generated a cyclone that drew the sparkling dust into a dense funnel. It had to have been breathtaking to see the whirlwind from a distance. Once the avian relaxed, letting the TWISTER dissipate, the dust floated to the ground in a much more compact area than before, making it much easier for Francie to fill the requested vials with dust.

{WC: 281}
{PC: 4}

Meteos          Aerodactyl         KO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 18:23:27 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

as josh commanded the winds via his pokémon, francie called back all but her lycanrocs into her pockets. she waited for the storms to settle before taking her vials over, not realizing that her once red midnight lycanroc, lyonel, was now a blue shiny lycanroc.[break][break]

she began gathering the dust up into vials, smiling.[break][break]

"i wonder what this stuff actually does to pokémon when they're exposed to it in an abundance like this."[break][break]

lincoln, on the other hand, was looking at his brother lyonel like he'd grown another head. a soft whine left him and lyonel snickered before making a sort of 'boo' motion and causing lincoln to scatter over toward francie. he knocked her side, which knocked her right onto her petite little booty.[break][break]

"ow! linc, what the heck dude?" she turned to look at the two, fully expecting to scold them, when she realized lyonel's fur ... was a different color.[break][break]

"holy biscuits!" she pointed at lyonel before clamouring up and over, vials tucked away in pockets in a rush job as she began pulling at his fur. "you're shiny!! what... i don't, hang on."[break][break]

it all began to settle into her head before she was beaming at her lycanroc and he beamed right back.[break][break]

"lookin' good my man!"[break][break]

cue lyonel mocking johnny bravo and pulling off some stances.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 7:58:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The storm Pazuzu's wings created caused the Ledian and their predators to duck for cover. Not wanting to deal with the enormous and powerful bird, the Noctowl backed off and looked for other Pokémon to prey upon. With that, both the things the League had asked them to do were done. The two had more than enough dust to hand over to the League for study, and every last one of the Ledian were safe.

When Francie called attention to the color of her Lycanroc, even Josh was taken aback. "...Wasn't your Lycanroc's fur just red? And now it's blue? I thought the Shiny phenomenon was caused by a rare combination of recessive genetic traits. But...you think the Ledian dust did that?" At least Lyonel looked quite pleased over the new look. That deep blue did look really good! "If that's the case, I wish I'd have brought some of my Pyroar. They'd look great in a golden coat, like Aslan's got." He let out a big yawn. "Anyway, I'm exhausted. Not used to working nights. How about we get back to Petalburg? I need to get Meteos to a Pokémon Center and turn in for the night."

{WC: 201}
{PC: 5}

Meteos          Aerodactyl         KO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
consider, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 2:14:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGERS)