6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Naturally Gassed [M/BB][C/Caelum]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 8:51:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (caelum.reinhardt@hoenn.net)
MISSION: "Naturally Gassed"
PROTOCOL: Hunt
DANGER: ★★★★☆

A recent explosion in the Salazzle population near Mount Chimney's Fiery Path has resulted in a spike in travel-related deaths and injuries there. The pheromones of Salazzle are known to induce extreme aggression in Pokémon and people. Their leader appears to be an anomalous Salazzle with powerful piercing fire attacks that can melt rock and piercing poison attacks that can corrode steel, defying traditional logic of how Pokémon attacks function. Your mission is to reduce the local Salazzle population through any means necessary; lethal force is authorized.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Capture, eliminate, or otherwise remove excess Salazzle from the Fiery Path.
B) Capture the anomalous Salazzle for lab analysis.

We have shipped you a small supply bag filled with Poké Balls. You may use them to catch-and-release predators at your discretion. You are not permitted to keep any of the Pokémon you catch. Please see attachment for the population history of Salazzle on the Fiery Path; it will help you complete your first objective.

Per your restitution with the League, this is the fifth of ten assignments you will complete without compensation.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

A fire-type Pokémon that could melt rock, evaporate water, and a poison-type Pokémon that could corrode steel... this sounded powerful and dangerous. It was the riskiest mission the Gym Leader and Elite Ranger had found himself on since he had lost Yagyu to Haunted Fist, the Annihilape that was strong as a Paradox Pokémon. Salazzle were agile and tricky fighters, and the wrinkle of not being able to use water and steel Pokémon against them effectively made Josh instead fight fire with fire.

Josh's three Pyroar were at Lavaridge Town's north gate, the Leader himself in the saddle of Aslan, the Shiny Pyroar that had been through hell and back in the last seven months. According to the briefing, he would be working with . While not a Ranger, the Elite would take any help he could get, what with ticket volume creeping up due to the nice weather. Once he was present and ready to go, he (and Caelum if he chose to) would be riding up the Fiery Path's main passage, dodging gas bursts from steam vents on the way to the coordinates indicated in the briefing.

{WC: 407}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Steel Needle  Gliscor        Good
Reverb        Noivern        Good
close tab

played by

Zero

Cae (k)
He/Him
July 27th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Pokemon Biologist
Civilian
Unsheathe a sword not to kill, Unsheathe a sword to rend those clouds above the ground.
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caelum
caelum reinhardt
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 3:11:50 GMT
caelum reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caelum4"]
[attr="class","maincaelum"]

Now this had been an assignment that Caelum was used to. The overpopulation of pokemon had always been a subject that he thought was interesting to touch on. There were many reason why a pokemon's population could skyrocket above everything else, in this particular case Caelum wanted to learn if the only defining factor was indeed their pheromones or if there was something else amiss in the biology of Mt. Chimney.[break][break]

Caulem would soon arrive near the north entrance of Lavaridge, landing next to who he assumed would have been the Ranger he would be accompanying up the mountain. From atop his Charizard Caelum would wave towards and begin a short introduction. "It's a pleasure too meet ya! I'm Caelum, received your email so I'm here to assist." Caelum would say with a warm smile upon his face.[break][break]

The two had never met but Josh did have his email. It was easy to assume that Big Brother League were the ones to blame for that, not that he minded. After all, work was work and Caelum needed to be within the League's radar if he ever wanted to have some form of backing on his research. "I'm ready when you are.... Sir? I don't know how League ranks affect civilians." He'd say while rubbing the back of his head, feeling a bit embarrassed about that.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.caelum4] --accent: #ffb7c5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .maincaelum] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 6:55:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The heat from the wake of Charizard wings flapping caught Josh's attention, the Gym Leader reining his Shiny Pyroar around to see coming in for a hot landing. "Slick ride you got there, Caelum!" he complimented. "Makes me wish I'd have brought Ares, my own Charizard!" Perhaps he had come a bit overprepared, the three lions clearly not all needed. "Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh. Great to meet you, too! These two are Simba and Kovu, and underneath me is Aslan," he introduced the three Pyroar, each purring loudly when their names came up. "They're part of my pride. Nala's at the Gym still; she's a bit wet behind the ears for a mission so dangerous."

Josh didn't have Caelum's email directly; that was the Rangers' doing. "I didn't actually send that out; that was . He's filling in for Mauville's Captain since she went missing." Missing, of course, was a cover; he was aware of what happened, but was powerless to do anything about it. "You don't need to be so formal with me! Josh is fine. Just because I'm a Gym Leader doesn't mean you have to treat me like anyone special."

Reviewing the briefing, Josh went over the plan of attack. "We've got a couple of options for this. The Fiery Path is technically open-air, but it's really constrained for flying Pokémon. We can scout from the air, which could make ambushing the Salazzle a bit difficult due to the lack of space, or we could scout from land, which would put us into better attacking position but make the search take a bit longer. If you want to stay on land, you're free to saddle up with one of my other Pyroar. They're really well-behaved. If you think an aerial approach is better, I have her."

Popping open a Poké Ball, he showed Caelum a rather large Gliscor, big enough to wear a saddle. It may have been jarring for the civilian to see; one that was so large was enough of a rarity, and on top of that, the trainer being brave enough to use one as a mount was also a rarity. The trust between the two had to be great, for it would be trivial for a Gliscor to bend its flexible tail to a position where it could sting the rider.

{WC: 399}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Zero

Cae (k)
He/Him
July 27th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Pokemon Biologist
Civilian
Unsheathe a sword not to kill, Unsheathe a sword to rend those clouds above the ground.
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caelum
caelum reinhardt
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 6:48:00 GMT
caelum reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caelum4"]

Caelum would nod as his Charizard would look the like the proudest pokemon all around. "Don't let it get to your head you big dingus!" Would say to his own pokemon after complimented it, Charizards we're very well known for their very high sense of pride. Caelum would stay quiet and nod as Josh introduced himself and his own pokemon. "Truly a pleasure to meet all of you!" Smile on his face as he kept nodding. [break][break]

Caelum wasn't exactly surprised that Josh wasn't the one who emailed him, it seemed like League had some extra card under their sleeve. "I see... I'll remember that, I'm curious as to how League has procured my personal email. I mean nothing bad, just 90% curiosity." He wasn't lying, his reasearcher mind bouncing back and forth with curious theories as to how they'd have his contact information, he didn't recall handing it to anyone after he had arrived. "But yes! Josh it is then!" Caelum would clap as he spoke up, his more cheery side showing once again.[break][break]

Caulem would start climbing down from his Charizard as Josh explained their choices. The only reason he had been flying on top of King was due to him wanting to learn the layout of Hoenn and having that aerial view could help him a lot. "I think I'll ride with you guys. If things get too heated I can bring out King out once again." It would be better fro them to stay on the ground he thought, tracking and ambushing would work much better from the floor, especially if what Josh had said was true. "My full trust are on you and your pokemon." Caelum would mention towards Josh.[break][break]

Releasing a pokeball himself so his Charizard could go back inside it. Witnessing Josh's massive Gliscor be set loose. It was a fine specimen, something that Caelum would have wanted to study if it had been in the wild, the circumstances of over-sized pokemon had always been a very interesting point of conversation for him but it wasn't the right time to ponder about the many intricacies of pokemon biology right now.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.caelum4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.caelum4 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 3:24:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ares had quite the ego, as well; while he wasn't particular about who sat in his saddle, he was incredibly aggressive in the air. It made controlling the fire-type's speed difficult, often having a mind of his own. Josh thought himself fortunate that his Charizard was willing to wear one at all; many dragon-like Pokémon refused to wear riding gear. There was just some hidden skill that man had: one that would let him rein up almost any Pokémon he wanted, no matter how prideful or haughty it was.

His three Pyroar were evidence of that; while they were big cats notorious for being difficult to train, all of them were well-behaved, evidence by Caelum's willingness to mount either Simba or Kovu, whichever he chose. Regardless of which one his acquaintance got on, all three would purr a little louder than perhaps he was used to. It could have been strong enough for him to even feel a rumbling sensation. It was a sign of how powerful the species' voice was. "If you're ready, then let's go! Hyah!" Josh shouted, giving Aslan's sides a modest kick.

The big cats accelerated up the volcanic path, the temperature slowly rising, but nothing Josh's well-trained Pokémon couldn't protect them from. Though their backs flexed far more than an equine or a canine Pokémon would, their saddles were designed to absorb as much of that power as possible. Still, it was a rougher ride than a horse, but that was the price to pay for the speed of a lion!

{WC: 260}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Zero

Cae (k)
He/Him
July 27th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Pokemon Biologist
Civilian
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caelum
caelum reinhardt
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 2:33:26 GMT
caelum reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caelum4"]

This was about to be a whole new experience for Caelum, the only pokemon he had ever had a ride on was his own Charizard. He had worked with Pyroars before though, he was pretty sure he even had a scar from a Pyroar somewhere on his body. He often preferred to work with pokemon in the wild so he had plenty of marks to remind himself what they are capable of.[break][break]

"I'll take this one, that should be fine." Caelum would say moving towards Simba. Extending his hand towards the feline like pokemon, allowing it to get used to his scent before he'd scratch it under it's chin. "I think I'm ready." He'd say as he saddled up into the Pyroar.[break][break]

Now, this is the new part for Caelum, he was also fairly excited for this new experience. As they began moving as a pack, Caelum would try his best to hold on and keep himself intact as they twisted and turned through the hiking trails of Mt Chimney. The sway of the body had been the biggest challenge for Caelum to figure out, once he had figured out the pattern it became much easier. The two would follow till they came upon their destination.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 6:44:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Simba smiled upon being scratched under his red facial hair. When Caelum took his seat astride the Pyroar, he may have been able to feel the rumble of a deep purr. It was indicator of the appreciation of the guest rider's affection, as well as that of the sheer power of the lion's voice.

Simba's strides were long and powerful, bouncing Caelum more vigorously than a more common mount, such as Arcanine or Rapidash, would. Compared to those, though, the ride felt much more freeing. Liberating. Wild, even. There was just something empowering about sitting on the back of a charging apex predator running faster than legal highway driving speed.

After a thrilling, swift, and enjoyable ride around the trail, the three lions and their two riders had arrived at the coordinates listed in the briefing. Josh reined Aslan to am abrupt stop, the lion rearing and startling him. Catching his breath, he guided Aslan next to Simba, the younger Pyroar. "There's a couple ways we can handle this," Josh started, his hand on the hilt of a sword he learned how to use at 's school some time ago. "We can try to pounce them, or we can use our Pyroar's Hyper Voices to try to knock them all out at once. I'm a combat rider; I'm more than comfortable fighting from the back of my Pokémon. Before we go charging in, you have any input?"

{WC: 238}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Zero

Cae (k)
He/Him
July 27th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Pokemon Biologist
Civilian
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caelum
caelum reinhardt
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 2:33:41 GMT
caelum reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caelum4"]

The trip there had been a very interesting experience for Caelum, he had studied and understood pokemon anatomy, he knew the muscles that were moving and stretching, he knew what they were for and how much pressure a body took to move in such a way. He wasn't a pokemon rider like who likely knew things from instinct and skill but instead he was a scientist who knew how things were working on the inside.[break][break]

Once they had arrived at the coordinates and fully stopped on their tracks, Caelum would take a deep breath. The feeling had been the same as going through a roller-coaster, thrilling yet enjoyable. He had to take a second to let his mental state to catch up with them, something that felt long but only took a second. [break][break]

Caelum would nod once Josh started speaking about their options. "I prefer the second option, it feels like the most optimal choice here, dealing with bigger groups could also make our lives a lot easier." As someone who had no actual combat training outside of his pokemon, Caelum would prefer to deal with their targets as swiftly as possible. He wanted to look at this as logical as possible, for his own safety.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 3:51:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"A quick in and out. I like the way you think!" Josh nodded, smiling. "I've got a very special plan for their leader. If you know what a Z-Move is, Aslan has one that's perfect for the job. You might want to cover your ears." Any method of ear protection, such as the noise cancelling in the racer's helmet, would suffice, as well. "If this goes as planned, they should quickly back down. I'd be ready with your own Pokémon, just in case. I'm going in."

With that, Josh reined the Shiny Pyroar toward the swarming poison-types. Employing stealth rather than the event of surprise for the first time in a while, the Gym Leader set the control cord down, relying on the lion's instincts. He held his hands in a cupped position over his mouth as part of his Z-Pose. Opening his mouth wide, the Gym Leader threw his hands and arms outward as though a sonic explosion burst from it. The Pyroar's deep inhale caught the attention of the keen-sensed lizards, but it was far too late. With a death stare, the golden-furred lion loosed a primal, INFINITY ENERGY-powered bellow, every hair on his rider's body standing on end from the power with which the feline's reverberating body shook.

EMPEROR'S ROYAL ROAR
[Normal][Special][Sonic]
After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Pyroar, looses a primal bellow that rallies allies and induces fear in foes, dealing moderate damage to the target. Those near the user will have their offensive parameters greatly increased, and those near the target will have their offensive parameters greatly decreased.

The EMPEROR'S ROYAL ROAR overpowered even Kovu's and Simba's HYPER VOICES that may have induced a similar but far less intense sensation in Caelum if he was still astride the fire-type. The morale boost from their pride leader encouraged them to roar all the louder. The smaller Salazzle scattered, their own will to battle shattered. Once he no longer felt the vibration from his mount's sound overload, Josh switched his noise canceling off. "Caelum, catch it!" Josh reminded his partner. "We've got to bring the big one in alive, remember?"

{WC: 302}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Zero

Cae (k)
He/Him
July 27th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Pokemon Biologist
Civilian
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caelum
caelum reinhardt
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 13:25:32 GMT
caelum reinhardt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caelum4"]

Caelum enjoyed the idea of a simple in and out job, it for sure beat staying inside a lab all day. Seeing pokemon in the wild always brought him more joy than simply having one being studied under a microscope or in a confined and controlled environment. He never showed but the many scars hidden by his fancy clothing only showed his past history with pokemon.[break][break]

"That sounds perfect!" Caelum would answer enthusiastically. "I've seen Z-Moves in controlled environments but I'm still curious to see what you have cooking up!" It was true, he had seen it being studied a few times and seen it in battles through TV but never in person. [break][break]

He'd nod in acceptance that he'd have to have his pokemon ready as well. He'd hop off the Pyroar and give it a few pats as a thank you for carrying him all the way here. Taking out earbuds from his pocket and putting them unto he ears and blasting music, he'd also cup his ears with his hands just to make sure. Caelum would carefully watch what unfolded in front of his eyes.[break][break]

As the pyroars bellowed out alonf with Josh's own movements. Shivers couldn't help but travel down Caelum's back, the hairs on his arms standing up as the roar reached it's peak. The smaller pokemon scattering like rodents. Caelum would quickly come into action as per Josh's request, trowing one of his many empty pokeballs at the bigger pokemon, hopping to Arceus for the right amount of shakes.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 21:38:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: