6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
My Way or the Highway [S][C/Lucien]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 4:42:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had never experienced a more liberating feeling in his life. He had put behind him. While he could not accept solely the advice of , , and each individually, all three of their views on the Master of Faster had taught him a harsh yet freeing lesson:

The gods chose who they may, and there was nothing a human could do to influence them. Kyle didn't work for his Avatarship at all, or at least that was what he claimed. Unbeknownst to Josh, he had turned down other gods in the past. Rather than trying to appease the insatiable, Josh had learned the greatest lesson of all that none of the three had explicitly told him.

He needed to be himself. He needed to focus not on what he couldn't do, which was "make things right" with Eris and all those he had wronged. There was no undoing the dirty, deranged deed he had done. He had already made things right through his ongoing restitution, which he was still feeling in the pocketbook. And by letting his obsession with Raikou go, bottling it back up into a mere dream, he at last made things right with himself.

The Gym Leader celebrated by taking all four of his tacked-up Pyroar, including the newest one, the slightly smaller female, Nala, to Old Highway 110. Formerly the longest straight highway on Hoenn, the thoroughfare in disrepair was still in use by Pokémon as an alternative to the more heavily-trafficked road. That was not the reason Josh liked it, and he suspected his guest along for the ride, , would like it as well.

There was no speed limit.

{WC: 279}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

.Yandere

Mateo, Lucy
He/Him & She/Her
November 2
Kalos
Bisexual
Son (ORTHRUS GANG)
Civilian
“Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.”
awards
38 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucien
Lucien Durendal
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 21:50:32 GMT
Lucien Durendal Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","postwrap lucien"]

[attr="class","postpoke"]

[attr="class","postflower"]
[attr="class","postquote"]

Let's go run wild

[attr="class","postnotes"][break]
[break][break]NOTES:[break][break][break][break]

---

[attr="class","posttext"]

The amount of things you could accomplish within Heonn was absurd comparatively speaking to when he was at home in Kalos, not only were there a physical restriction placed on him but the emotional and mental fatigue after it all just made him not want to even try. It came as a surprise when Lucien found out that even here there were people who were participating in racing, even having a whole gym dedicated to it.

[break][break]He just had to try it, not as a by stander as he had done, but as a participant, Mateo wasn't going to let stupid regulations tie him down. after getting in touch with they made a nice little arrangement on route 110, and nice and hip skip and jump away from his new residence to get to.

[break][break]Mateo took a far more risky approach, putting all faith in his Pokémon as he was standing on the blade of his Doublade and riding it through the skies like a snowboarder on the hills. Once he caught a glimpse of Josh and his pride, Mateo would slow down some taking in a big drag of his vape before zipping himself down to the other man's level.

[break][break]It was the moment his Doublade got close to the ground did Mateo hop off and jogged over to Josh, throwing a hand up in the air to give him give him a highfive or if he'd let him get even more friendly hand his hand and pull him into a quick one hand slap hug.

[break][break]" 'Ey! I see you brought a whole gang in! God it feels like it's been years since I seen some Pyroars"

[break][break]As Mateo spoke he'd approach one of the Royalties offering a hand to see if they were even willing to touch him before going in with a friendly neck scruff.

[break][break]"What's 'De plan boss? Are we givin' these bad boys-- and girls-- a run?"

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","posttags"][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","postcredit"]
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=".lucien"] --accent:#A2261A!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap table] width:100%; min-height:591px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap td]box-sizing:border-box;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext break] text-indent: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext b] color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext i] color:var(--accent); opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 5:42:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Nala let out an unusually loud grumble as approached the south gate of Mauville City toward Route 110. "What is it, Nala?" the Gym Leader asked, turning around to see the man he agreed to meet up with. He was at first taken aback by the brave trainer balancing on the floating swords composing his Doublade, using the ghost-type like a surfboard. He at first wanted to scoff, but he had seen stranger from his friend . With her Sygna Suit on, she could absorb vibration strong enough to grind down rock.

"You certainly know how to make an entrance, Mateo!" Josh waved, whistling at the stylish dismount. "I already like you! If I hadn't formally introduced myself, Elite Ranger Devlin and Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh. I prefer my first name. Got too many titles as is."

Kovu, the second youngest of Josh's pride, stood alongside Nala. Both of them returned the extended hand with a gentle face bump. Mateo may have been able to feel the rumble of a purr upon contact with the lion's neck. "Yup!" the Leader chirped back, walking back toward Aslan, the de facto leader of the Pyroar pride. The fire-type big cat crouched, letting his trainer aboard easily. "These four can break the speed limit easily, which is why we're taking the back road. Aslan, Simba, Kovu, and my newest, Nala," he gestured toward the four felines in order. "Let's ride! You ever been on a Pyroar before? They've got some real speed to them!"

{WC: 257}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

.Yandere

Mateo, Lucy
He/Him & She/Her
November 2
Kalos
Bisexual
Son (ORTHRUS GANG)
Civilian
“Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.”
awards
38 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucien
Lucien Durendal
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 5:52:37 GMT
Lucien Durendal Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","postwrap lucien"]

[attr="class","postpoke"]

[attr="class","postflower"]
[attr="class","postquote"]

Let's go run wild

[attr="class","postnotes"][break]
[break][break]NOTES:[break][break][break][break]

---

[attr="class","posttext"]

"You certainly know how to make an entrance, Mateo!"

[break][break]Mateo would give Josh a bit of a wink and a double finger guns at the compliment, very much appricating the whistle.

[break][break]"I already like you! If I hadn't formally introduced myself, Elite Ranger Devlin and Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh. I prefer my first name. Got too many titles as is."

[break][break]"Aw sucks, you'll make me blush, man. But, it's great to meet ya Josh. I don't really got any fancy titles like you, but you can call me Mat or Mattie or Mateo if you want. Yo know for nickname sake."

[break][break]He spoke while he had continued to shower one of the pyroars with affection, however upon seeing the second standing nearby, he'd make sure to spread the love and affection between them both instead. With a hand on each of their necks, he'd give them plenty of scritches and scratches while Devlin spoke.

[break][break]"These four can break the speed limit easily, which is why we're taking the back road. Aslan, Simba, Kovu, and my newest, Nala,"

[break][break]Mateo would lean back slightly so he could get a good line of sight of Josh while he spoke, his eyes darting between him and his lions as he named them in each order.

[break][break]"Nice to meet y'all. That must mean you're Kovu and Nala."

[break][break]He'd give them one large pet, almost pulling them into a bit of a hug before stepping back and heading towards Josh. He was shaking his hands in the air to let any of the loose Pyroar furr fly off, as he registered the question being flung his way.

[break][break]"Rode on? No sir, however I can always try my hand at it. Do you just jump on it like a Rapidash? And which one do you think will fit me more?"

[break][break]With that last question he'd goofily throw his hand up to his face, resting his chin in-between his finger and thumb whistle looking off to the side in an exaggeratedly 'cool' fashion.

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","posttags"][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","postcredit"]
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=".lucien"] --accent:#A2261A!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap table] width:100%; min-height:591px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap td]box-sizing:border-box;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext break] text-indent: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext b] color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext i] color:var(--accent); opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 7:26:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Great to meet you then, Mat!" Josh smiled, Aslan tilting his head toward the young man. He was clearly good with the big cats, seemingly knowing their sweet spot for scritches just by looking at them. The Gym Leader was certainly not one to be on the bad side of. Those Pokémon were big, even by their species' standards, and Pyroar in the wild were to be respected, observed from a distance. One false move, and there was no escaping them. While they were ambush predators, the species didn't need to be; they were incredibly fast runners on their own.

Josh's were as tame as house cats like Purrloin and Meowth - quite the impressive feat. The two big cats shifted their eyes toward Mateo upon their names being mentioned. "Yep, just hop right on! They're really rewarding to control," the Gym Leader started to sell his opinion of the unusual ride Pokémon. "Their backs flex a lot more than a Rapidash's does, but can they ever put on some speed. The gear I have on them will mitigate their bouncy gait as much as possible, but it'll still be a bit more intense than the equines most people are used to. If you've ever been on a Rapidash before, they control exactly the same: tug at the reins for direction, and vary your leg pressure for speed. You'll find them a lot more responsive than an equine, though." If he had been on Pokémon before, he may have been able to deduce that the designs of their saddles, particularly their larger size and deeper curvature, were how they stabilized riders against the felines' flexing backs.

As for which he could recommend, Josh barely knew Mateo. He had no idea what the trainer's strengths and weaknesses with ride Pokémon were. His best bet was to simply explain what each of them were good at. "Simba's the best distance runner of the three, and can plow through rough terrain like it's nothing. Kovu's probably the slowest of the four, but he's not slow by any stretch! He can run faster than it's legal to go on the highway, which is why we're not taking the main road. Nala's got the highest speed out of the three, but she'll wear herself out if she goes too fast for too long. She's got the sharpest claws of the four and has the best turning capability of them. You're welcome to hop on any of them!"

{WC: 415}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 0:25:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: