he/him
twenty-three
Jubilife City
homosexual
Freelance reporter
civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
10 posts
Ryan Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kth
Ryan Clark
Report 01: Super quick flash interview!
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 11:44:50 GMT
Ryan Clark Avatar
It had been a long journey from Sinnoh all the way to Hoenn, Ryan spent at least a day or two to travel. On his way to the Hoenn region he read his latest blogpost many times over. The blogpost was about his plans to start reporting abroad and thought Hoenn would be a good start because of the many events that had occurred in the region it had lighten a journalistic fire in him to get to the bottom of all these strange occurrences. Reading the comments on his post made him smile, the handful of people that were reading his blog were very positive and encouraging of his passionate endeavor. I will make Poké Channel 9 great...  

After a long trip Ryan had finnally arrived at Mauville city he decided to stay here for a bit to figure out a plan he figured with Mauville being considered the commercial hub the region he might come across a story here and there. As he entered the city he walked past a building that said "Mauville city gym" Interesting... This looks like one heck of a gym! I wonder i- Before Ryan could even finish his inner monologue he got shoved to the ground by a large group who were stampeding towards the gym. Move it kid you're in the way. A man with a deep voice said after he shoved Ryan out of the way. Ryan got up again and dusted himself off Kinda rude if you ask me but whatever I guess... But that group definitely looked like reporters, which means something interesting could be happening inside! Ryan grabbed his microphone with a custom made logo of Poké Channel 9 plastered on it, his Rotophone came out of his pocket in a case with the same logo on it. Alright! Let's get inside and see what the fuss is all about!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 7:58:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The crowd gathering around Mauville Gym was there for a rather large Pokémon race, an event the Gym Leader was no stranger to hosting. This was, even for his standards, an unusual one. Taking place on the Ground route of the MULTIPLEX course, the same course that got the Hoenn Racing Federation on the map during the pilot race last year, only feline Pokémon were allowed to participate. There were all kinds of big cat Pokémon all tacked up and standing next to their trainers, the most common species by far being Luxray and Pyroar. There were also Liepard, Kantonian Persian, and even a single Purugly that looked uncomfortably rotund to sit on.

Several reporters from sports news organizations and publications, including PSPN DIGEST, were there interviewing racers. The man of honor, strangely enough, wasn't being badgered by an interviewer yet; he was simply adjusting the saddle on his Shiny Pyroar, Aslan. There was still quite a bit of time before the race started, event crews making sure the track was in tip top shape before the green flag waved.

{WC: 183}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

kth

he/him
twenty-three
Jubilife City
homosexual
Freelance reporter
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
10 posts
Ryan Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kth
Ryan Clark
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 19:52:55 GMT
Ryan Clark Avatar
As Ryan walked into the building he was met with a interior that looks like a racing track. Is this what a Pokémon Gym looks like in Hoenn? Ryan was a bit surprised though he does report on Pokémon battles from time to time he can count the times he entered a gym on one hand he was always tempted to do this huge report on the Sinnoh League by participating in it but he never got around it since he isn't that comfortable with his battling skills yet, maybe that will change now he is Hoenn. Excuse me miss, the sign on the building said this is the Mauville city Gym but it is actually a race track? One of the Gym staff looked a bit puzzled but figured he probably wasn't from Hoenn. Yes that is right! It looks like a race track because that is what the Gym leader is all about! Are you here to challenge the Gym? Ryan panicked slightly O-Oh n-no no at all! Just my curiosity!
The woman took a moment to inspect Ryan and noticed a microphone with his logo on it. Ohhh you must be a reporter! If you're looking for Josh, our Gym leader you can find him on the Multiplex course where today's race is being held! You might hurry up a huge group of reporters just stormed inside the building probably getting a interview with him. I-I see, thank you miss! After quickly thanking the Gym staffer Ryan made his way to the track the race was being held on.

After a few minutes Ryan managed to find the course the race was being held at and the huge group of reporters stormed off towards Josh to get a exclusive interview from the Gym Leader. Quickly he made his way to the group as well and could hear a barrage of questions aimed at the racer. As he was almost at the group he once again got shoved aside and tripped on the floor. Hey wat- Oh it's the kid from outside again. Ryan remembered the voice it was the same man who shoved him earlier. Ryan got back up on his feet and dusted himself off. If you want to challenge the leader you have to wait kid... But judging by that mic I don't think that's what you're here for... The man had noticed Ryan's mic and the logo that's on it. Poké Channel 9? Hahaha The man started laughing at Ryan. Listen kid go play reporter somewhere else and let us grown ups do the REAL reporting! The man was mocking Ryan. First of all! I am freelance reporter and not playing pretend! Second of all I am not a kid! Ryan was getting angrier by the second but he didn't want the other reporter to notice. Listen kid I don't have time for your comedy routine, now scram! Ryan was almost at a boiling point he wanted to sent out his Infernape to hit him with a flamethrower but his better judgement denied that action.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 6:39:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It looked like a brawl was about to break out behind the office building, in the sprawling, outdoor facility that was Mauville Racing Grounds. With the number of people roaming the facility, including spectators, competitors, and staff, any sort of altercation was a recipe for disaster. If a Pokémon or Arceus forbid, trainer, got hurt, there would be real trouble.

Seated on Aslan, his Shiny Pyroar, Josh commanded a subduing yet deafening NOBLE ROAR from the lion. Taking a deep breath, the big cat's bellow rattled his rider. "That's enough!" he shouted in the direction of Ryan, guiding his steed between the reporter and the man that shoved him. "Get outta here!" The large feline's threatening gaze was enough to get him to back down, trudging back to the sliding back doors.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," Josh apologized to Ryan. "You're not hurt, are you?"

{WC: 150}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

kth

he/him
twenty-three
Jubilife City
homosexual
Freelance reporter
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
10 posts
Ryan Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kth
Ryan Clark
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 21:39:45 GMT
Ryan Clark Avatar
The man kept laughing in Ryan's face he was sure the older reporter was going to pop his jaw for a second, meanwhile Ryan couldn't really laugh about the matter he felt deeply insulted telling him he was "playing" reporter. Before Ryan could even say anything, a man on a shiny Pyroar interrupted their argument by letting his Pokémon scream out loud. Ah mister Josh, no worries I was just telling this kid to get lost since being this clo- The man was abruptly stopped by the racer en told to go away. But mister Josh this is- The man met gaze the gaze of the Pokémon, he swallod and slowly backed away. O-of course mister Josh I wish you a great race! The man didn't knew how fast he had to go back the way he came in. Despite Ryan not showing it, internally he was grinning ear to ear because of how the man got humbled very fast.

The man on the Pokémon asked if Ryan was okay. Yes I am alright! Thank you for your help sir! It might've gotten turned pretty ugly if you didn't show up! He then turned his attention to Pyroar. And I need to thank you as well! Ryan gave the Pyroar a warm smile. Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Ryan Clark! I just arrived in Hoenn today, I'm a freelance reporter from Jubilife City in the Sinnoh Region! A pleasure to meet you!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 7:43:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Aslan returned the smile with one of his own, a proud purr perhaps massaging Ryan's ears. "Welcome," Josh replied, though his tone was more stern and less upbeat than normal. "I can't stand the paparazzi - people like him that think they can incite violence to get to me... I have no qualms showing them the door. Not at my Gym. No room for that kind of behavior." Nala stepped toward Josh's side and nuzzled him. "Nala, you'll get your chance soon enough. Go find Lyndon. Aren't you supposed to be racing with him?" With a nod, the lioness cantered in the Gym Trainer's direction.

Josh nodded, taking in Ryan's introduction. "Gym Leader Josh Devlin," he likewise introduced himself. Just arrived in Hoenn? He couldn't have picked a worse time to come, what with the League and Team Rocket on the brink of a battle that would make Meteno look like child's play. "Here for the big race?"

{WC: 157}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

kth

he/him
twenty-three
Jubilife City
homosexual
Freelance reporter
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
10 posts
Ryan Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kth
Ryan Clark
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 9:33:52 GMT
Ryan Clark Avatar
The person who helped Ryan talked about hos disdain to paparazzi and Ryan agreed Paparazzi is only out to collect gossip and bring someone entirely down! It's... so unethical and gives reporters a bad name thinking there is no difference between the two, but that's not true! Reporters are out there trying to reveal the truth and report on it! Paparazzi have no shame in covering up the truth to make a "good" story! A moment of silence followed and Ryan started to awkwardly scratch the back of his head noticing he went on kind of a rant. W-well that whole thing about reporters is just what my mom always told me... The thing about the paparazzi is just my own experience with them haha... Ryan laughed awkwardly.

The man introduced himself as Josh Devlin the gym leader of Mauville city and despite Ryan knowing who he was he was still partially starstruck since he only had just arrived and already met a gym leader. \it's a honor to meet you Josh! Josh asked if Ryan was here for the big race and he wasn't sure how to answer. I mean kinda yeah? Ryan started to get awkward again. I only learned about this race five minutes ago and I thought it might be a fun thing to report on for my readers in Sinnoh! He finished with another awkward laugh.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 7:55:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"No, I agree with you," Josh nodded from the back of his Pyroar. "There is a saying in news that goes, 'If it bleeds, it leads.' It's sad how many people want sensationalized news like that. I just want to know what's going on outside my own little world, and you seem like one not afraid to tell things like they are. Oh, I think I missed your first name!" he reached to cover his mouth, though his helmet got in the way of that. The expression was what mattered, though! "And this big boy's Aslan," he introduced his Shiny Pyroar. "He'll be racing today."

Regardless of whether he got the reporter's name or not, Josh would thank him for the compliments. "If you didn't know about the Silph Cup race, then what brought you out here to report on? Mauville Racing Grounds has been a known quantity worldwide since the whole Meteno thing in November. I even get all kinds of challengers from outside Hoenn." He nodded again when he heard the Sinnoh region namedropped. "I do need to take a trip out there. Veilstone has a damn good ball club." Getting a little off topic there, weren't you, Josh? This was supposed to be about the racing scene, and not about baseball. Sure, they made it to the World Series a few years back, but he couldn't gab about other sports for long. Once they started calling riders' names, he would have to go.

{WC: 246}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

kth

he/him
twenty-three
Jubilife City
homosexual
Freelance reporter
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
10 posts
Ryan Clark DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kth
Ryan Clark
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 20:42:23 GMT
Ryan Clark Avatar
Ryan was glad Josh agreed with him on his little rant. Josh removed his helmet and asked Ryan's first name again. It's Ryan! A pleasure to meet you! Ryan took his attention to the Pyroar named Aslan And a pleasure to meet you as well! I'm sure you'll win the race today! Ryan would lie if he wasn't a little curious to see how this race played out. He was never this interested in sports before,, it must be the fact he is still new here.

Josh asked what Ryan was doing on the racing grounds when he didn't knew about the cup and he scratched the back of his head. I'm kind of here for the cup I guess? haha... I hadn't arrived in the city for ten minutes or I heard talks about a big race happening so I thought it would've been fun to report on them. You could call it a reporters intuition when I good story could be around the corner! And not the way those Paparazzi smell a story... Ryan felt a bit embarrassed that he went head on in to a place without giving it too much thought.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 1:46:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

As much as the sentiment was appreciated, which Ryan may have been able to tell from the Gym Leader's facial expression, Josh wasn't optimistic. Aslan was still testing the limits of his synthetic bone implants after the Deoxys nearly killed him with that Meteor Beam Josh still remembered like it was yesterday. "We'll give it our best!" he chirped, startled when Aslan reared suddenly, the lion's sharp claws glinting in the sunlight. "Whoa, Aslan! I know you're excited, but try to warn me next time!"

That Ryan was so new to the area piqued Josh's interest. "So you're brand new to Hoenn? Hooboy, is there ever a lot going on here." Plenty of League-confidential information he couldn't share, too. "Are you freelance?" Josh asked as the time to the start of the race continued to wind down. He would likely have to cut the interview short...

{WC: 146}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 22:38:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: