6,122 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Rope Bridge Rumble [M][C/Ever]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 7:44:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (ever.blackwell@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Rope Bridge Rumble"
PROTOCOL: Search-and-Rescue
DANGER: ★☆☆☆☆

We have received a distress call that a rope bridge within the interior of Meteor Falls has collapsed, stranding a spelunker within. The victim is a female in her early thirties, with long, brown hair and brown eyes. Preliminary reports indicate that the victim is safe but stranded due to the bridge's destruction. Your mission is to locate and rescue the female marooned within Meteor Falls.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Locate and rescue the spelunker.
B) Minimize wild Pokémon casualties.

The subterranean landscape makes reaching the victim with most flying Pokémon infeasible. Pokémon with great climbing or jumping skills are recommended. Please see attachment for the victim's public identification record and last known coordinates.

Per your restitution with the League, this is the ninth of ten assignments you will complete without compensation.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Today was about as basic of a rescue operation as one could get. No danger for the victim other than starvation; Meteor Falls was even a fresh source of water to drink from. While it wasn't purified to the extend bottled water was, it would be good enough to survive on until help arrived, even if that help took days to show up. Today, the blue-clad Elite Ranger and Gym Leader would be taking Rookie on their first mission.

The two had gathered outside Meteor Falls, six of Josh's most loyal Pokémon there. Four were some of the sweetest-looking Pyroar imaginable: Simba, Kovu, Nala, and Aslan. The last of those four, and the tallest, was Shiny, and all four were equipped with saddle and bridle, as if beckoning a rider to hop on. His other two Pokémon were more unusual: Steel Needle, a Gliscor wearing custom-crafted riding gear to account for the poison-type's unusual shape, and the Greninja Josh was seated on. Resting on all four webbed feet, the rider felt a rumble from the amphibian's croak. Winky was quite the unusual ride, indeed.

"Can't get any easier than this, Rookie Ranger Blackwell," Josh tried to set the stakes of the mission. While they were low, the mission was also important. It was vital to get this poor soul back home. "We find a way to the listed coordinates, get the girl, and go. Did you bring a ride Pokémon of your own? If not, it's not a big deal. That's what my pride is for. Steel Needle is here in case we can't get to her directly; she's a good climber."

{WC: 440}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
Winky           Greninja          Good
Steel Needle    Gliscor           Good
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good
Simba           Pyroar            Good
Kovu            Pyroar            Good
Nala            Pyroar            Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 2:47:10 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

This would be his first mission as a ranger. From what he had been told it was a pretty simple mission. Just a simple rescue mission. But he was still worried about doing well. Worried that he would somehow mess things up. Before his thoughts could get darker bringing back that dreaded self loathing he pushed his worries to the side. He needed to focus on the mission he was given. So he couldn’t have any distractions.
[break][break]
His partner for the mission would be . Aside from the fact he was a gym leader and an elite ranger he didn’t know much about the older male. Which put him a bit on edge. He found it hard to trust people he didn’t know. But considering he was a superior he would try and keep his tone from being too harsh or stiff. When meeting new people his way of speaking was usually stiff or harsh. It really depended on how edge he was with the person.
[break][break]
The two met up outside Meteor Falls. He immediately noticed that the older male had six Pokémon on him. All seemed to be ride pokemon as well. From what he could tell about Josh was that he really seemed to like Pyroar considering four out of the six Pokémon he had brought were pyroar. And only one out of the three was shiny.
[break][break]
Hearing the older male speak his gaze flickered back to the dark haired man. ”Considering I’m just starting out I would hope that’s the case Elite Ranger Devlin,” he said stiffly. Well stiff was the best he could do. It was better than him coming off as harsh. Hopefully the older male would just assume it was him being a bit formal since he was one of his superiors.
[break][break]
”None that are good climbers,” he explained implying that he did have ride Pokémon on him that they just weren’t a good fit for what the mission needed. ”I have a Corviknight and a Zebstrika,” he further explained so the older male would know would know what he was referring to.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,122 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 6:32:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The formalities by which Ever addressed Josh were in his eyes a sign of nerves. First-mission jitters were normal. He remembered how nerve-wracking his first mission was. What should have been a simple post-crash rescue escalated due to a grave miscslculation on his part. "You can call me Josh if that'd be more comfortable," he said, seeing if he could get the rookie to be a little less uptight. "I prefer being on a first-name basis with people if you're alright with it."

Corviknight and Zebstrika were Pokémon Josh was familiar with. The corvid and the equine were reliable and fast. "They're great choices for a Ranger - if it wears a saddle well, it's a great choice for being out in the wilds." It was obvious to anyone that there was more than a hint of bias in his evaluation of the Pokémon. It was true, though; the freedom of mobility was important in the wilds. "Just not for the environment we'll be in. Corviknight's flight is too clumsy for the underground, and a Zebstrika wouldn't give you any room for error on a jump. You're more than welcome to use one of my Pyroar if you'd like. While they aren't the best climbers, they can do so in a pinch. If we can find enough ledges, we might be able to scale it by jumping."

Regardless of travel arrangements, Josh would lead the way westward into the main cavern. Winky hopped next to the Pyroar or Zebstrika, whichever Ever chose, keeping at the young Ranger's pace. "I'm gonna take a look around." With a flip that made Josh disoriented, the water-type leaped into the falls' basin, swimming against its current and getting behind the waterfall. There was a secret cave behind it. His friend had once trained with back there, though Josh had never been there himself.

Swimming back, the Greninja leaped out of the water and landed next to Ever again, Josh's clothes dripping water. "Let's try searching the west side. There should be a hidden tunnel that takes us behind the waterfall."

{WC: 349}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 16:31:45 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It seemed the older male had seen that he was nervous. Though he doubted he knew the reason. Probably figured it was first mission jitters. And for anyone else that would probably be the case. He was usually to on edge on a daily basis to get nervous about a mission. Even if it was his first one.
[break][break]
The idea of being on a first name basis with a superior was strange. It was something his father wouldn’t have tolerated. But if he said it was okay he should do as he wished. The idea that it could be some kind of trick was there. But the elite ranger didn’t really seem to be the type.
[break][break]
”If that’s what you want. I prefer my first name over my last anyway,” he told the older male his voice giving nothing of how he was feeling away. Though what he said was true. Even adding ranger to his last name made him feel like he needed to look over his shoulder for his father. It wasn’t a real big deal though, so he hadn’t given much thought to fixing the issue.
[break][break]
Seemed he wasn’t annoyed by the fact that he didn’t have Pokémon more fitting of the task. Even going so far to compliment his choices of Pokémon. This caused him to look away having never been the most comfortable with compliments. ”They’ve both been fitted with saddles,” he told the elite ranger. Not that that would do either on them any good.
[break][break]
Listening to what he said he nodded in agreement. He was right about that. Rook wouldn’t be able to fly well and with Volt wouldn’t be able to misjudge a leap. He didn’t want to put that kind of pressure on the Zebstrika. ”I’ll ride one of the pyroar,” he said moving over to the pyroar and getting on one.
[break][break]
Once he had gotten on they would move forward. As they walked he would scan their surroundings. Just because this was a simple mission didn’t mean they should let their guard down. Sometimes unexpected things happened. So it was best to always be prepared.
[break][break]
His attention was drawn once more to the older male as he mentioned looking around and he nodded. He watched him leave glad that it was the elite ranger and not him. What the Greninja did looked disorienting. Not to mention that the idea of leaping into a waterfall didn’t appeal to him. Even if he knew the dual type was strong enough not to he washed under the falls.
[break][break]
His attention was fixed on the falls, so he noticed immediately when the elite ranger returned. ”If it keeps me from going for a dip I’m all for it,” he told the older male. It wasn’t that he really hated swimming just that if he got his clothes wet the fabric seemed to irritate the scars he had. Basically making him uncomfortable.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,122 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 23:29:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't necessarily mean that they had to be fitted; gearing up Pokémon came down largely to trainer and Pokémon preference. Some Pokémon, as Josh had found out, preferred to not wear any gear at all, expecting to be controlled with only the bridle of trust. Kovu, one of the Pyroar with Josh, was like that at one point, though he eventually agreed to be fitted with physical equipment for use at Mauville Gym. "Perfect. I'm not one for formalities, but protocols are protocols. Gotta follow 'em."

By happenstance, Simba was the one Ever had chosen. The largest of Josh's pride aside from the leader, Aslan, he had a lot of experience with the Gym Leader's new hire classes, keeping to a trot to avoid flexing his back too much. Even with a saddle designed to absorb the power behind the big cat's powerful strides, keeping one's balance was significantly more challenging than with a more common ride Pokémon such as a Rapidash.

After some investigation, Josh and Winky were able to locate a winding tunnel that led behind the waterfall, most importantly keeping Ever relatively dry. "Bingo." Contact with mist from the waterfall would be inevitable as the two Rangers passed behind it, Ever perhaps able to feel a purr from Simba's powerful lungs in reaction to the mist covering the right side of his mane.

Once they were beyond the waterfall, the two would behind one of the wonders Meteor Falls was known for: an underground lake with rugged rock formations surrounding it. It was an ideal breeding ground for all kinds of dragon-type Pokémon. Come to think of it, Mastema the Togekiss would have been an ideal Pokémon to bring to the rescue. The fairy-type could hover, wasn't overly large, and the wild dragon Pokémon wouldn't go anywhere near him. "Let's find a way to the high ground from here," Josh suggested. "And give any fully-evolved dragon Pokémon you see a wide berth. Many aren't as aggressive as you think, but the ones that are... well, there's a reason dragons are so hard to raise."

The Rookie warned, he would lead Winky and his pride around the dragons' habitat, looking for places that Pyroar could easily climb. Greninja were superior climbers, but he also needed a way to ensure the Pokémon less adept at it could cross, too!

{WC: 400}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 21:09:31 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The teen had never given mouth thought to rather he was one for formalities. He had it ingrained in him to show those around him proper respect. And he supposed to some extent that included formalities. Though the way his dad had put it it was those better than him. Which basically included everyone else. But he wasn’t as hung up on formalities since he had gotten out from under his father.
[break][break]
”I don’t have an opinion on formalities,” he said with a shrug. Which basically meant he didn’t really have any feelings on the matter. He would basically use formalities unless told not to from the other person. Basically he just did as he was told if it was someone who could be considered a superior.
[break][break]
Once he had gotten on one of the pyroar they could start. He was quick to adapt in the difference that riding a pyroar was. Though he felt like the pyroar had been trained to lessen how much he flexed his Pokémon. He had once read up on feline ride Pokémon and had learned that it was one of the harder ride Pokémon to ride due to how much they flexed their back. Though he was still interested in putting such ride Pokémon on his own team.
[break][break]
After some investigation a tunnel leading behind the waterfall was found. Though he would get a bit wet from the spray of the waterfall it would be better than getting soaked. As they passed behind the waterfall he felt the pyroar under him let out a purr as the spray hit the right side of their bodies. He supposed it was a bud refreshing. He was still glad that he wasn’t getting completely wet though.
[break][break]
Once they were past the waterfall his attention would be drawn towards an underground lake with a rock formation. The fact it had an underground lake had him curious. But they were on a mission so he decided to deal with that curiosity later. Perhaps he could come back during his free time when he didn’t have ranger duties. Looked like it would be a good picture spot, though he’d have to be careful of wild Pokémon.
[break][break]
His attention was drawn away from possible photography opportunities by the older males voice. He listened to what he said and nodded. ”Sounds good to me,” he said before frowning when dragon Pokémon were brought up. ”Will do don’t really have any Pokémon that are really effective against dragon types,” he said his thoughts going to the two Pokémon he had.
[break][break]
He would help to look for a place they could climb. His sharp gaze taking in the walls of the cave. Hopefully they would find something soon. [break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,122 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 4:39:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At last, there was a spot that was shallow enough for his lions to climb... or rather, leap up. It would be close enough for them to jump to the main spire the victim was at, as well. "Hold on tight - this might get a little rough," Josh called back to Ever as the water-type and fire-types picked up the pace. With a crouch and a powerful spring, Josh felt like his stomach was being pushed down into his gut as his Greninja mount scaled the entire formation in only three leaps. With a somersault that made Josh dizzy, Winky landed on top of the subterranean peak with a perfect, four-point landing.

The lions had to take a much more indirect route, scaling the peak by leaping from ledge to ledge. It may have been a bit of a wild ride for Ever if he wasn't used to traveling on a Pokémon's back, but the Pyroar's sure-footedness would ensure the Rookie's safety. Once both had reached the peak, the lost trainer was in sight. Josh wanted to keep his voice down to try to avoid attracting dragon-type predators, but it was too late; she did that for him, waving her hands and crying for help. Dragons were already gathering around them, but it would take some time for them to scale the peak. Sighing, Josh called back out to her.

"This is Elite Ranger Josh Devlin. We're here to rescue you." The Gym Leader was quick to send out a saddled Gliscor -- a highly unusual mount, indeed. The ground-type leaped and performed a glide toward the girl, just barely making it. "Hop on my Gliscor!" he cried toward the female.

{WC: 281}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 13:57:19 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Looking at where Josh wanted them to climb he supposed it was a good think he was use to riding on the back of a Pokémon. The route they would have to take made him think of how Volt would have to do it. Of course the elite ranger wouldn’t have to take the longer route like he and the pyroar would have to take.
[break][break]
Reaching the top his gaze immediately located the ranger. He resisted the urge to groan of sigh as the woman called out to them. So much for getting out of here without attracting any of the dragon Pokémon. Hopefully she would cooperate so they could get out of here before they were surrounded. Just in case a fight was inevitable he kept his hand on Volts pokeball.
[break][break]
Josh sent out his Gliscor having it fly to the woman. He knew the elite rangers plan was to have the woman get on. However the woman seemed terrified by the idea of riding the Gliscor. Ignoring the voice in the back of his mind that told him they didn’t have time for this he decided to try and persuade her to get on.
[break][break]
”I know you’re scared but neither of us will let anything happen to you. I promise you,” he said his expression giving nothing away. Though if she were to look in his eyes she would be able to tell he was telling the truth. She seemed to search their expressions before apparently finding what she was looking. With how reluctant she was it was easy to tell that she still wasn’t big on the idea of riding Steelneedle. But in the end she did get on it.
[break][break]
After that he would return his attention to the dragon Pokémon. If they attacked he was sure Josh’s Pokémon would defend them. But he would still take part by sending out Volt. But he didn’t really want to do that unless he really had to.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,122 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 4:08:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh could sense the young woman's apprehension; after all, Gliscor were not a Pokémon that were commonly ridden. Their tail stings were more than long enough to pluck a rider in the back, and the webbing on their backs required a rider to sit using an unconventional stance. Even so, she mounted up. "Alright, Steel Needle, glide to the cave floor as gently as you can." On the Gym Leader's command, the Ground-type leaped off the spire and spread her webbing wide, angling her body slightly upward to maintain speed control. While her trainer was used to incredible speed, most were not.

Once the two were on the ground. Josh got back on Aslan's back; squeezed the fire-type's sides, and became a passenger on a dramatic leap that caused even him to grunt upon landing. "That wasn't too bad, Ever. Great job. Now, let's get out of here and get her home." After helping her get down, Josh offered the female a seat on one of his other Pyroar, which she was happy to accept. With a light purr that tickled her as she chose the youngest of the Gym Leader's males, Kovu let her aboard.

"We'll get you back to Fallarbor for now, then in the morning, we can get you back home, okay?"

{WC: 216}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 0:16:49 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It didn’t take long for the Gliscor to fly the woman over to them. Of course the Gliscor tried to keep his flight as steady as possible before gliding to the floor next to them. Which was probably a good thing. Since she had seemed pretty spooked about riding the Pokémon. Though he couldn’t exactly blame her. Though he himself saw nothing wrong with riding the Pokémon. But for those not real use to riding he could understand how it would be terrifying.
[break][break]
He was glad that the elite ranger thought so. Because he had felt a bit out of his depth. Calming people down wasn’t something he was use to. He was just relieved that his words had helped. And that he hadn’t had to be real open with his emotions.
[break][break]
”Thanks,” he said looking away. Receiving praise still wasn’t something he was use to. Thankfully the subject would move on though and he would watch as the Woman took up the offer to ride on one of her Pyroar. Which she seemed real happy about. Or at least happy not to have to ride Steel Needle anymore.
[break][break]
Once the woman had successfully gotten on they were on their way again. The idea of staying overnight in Fallabor did make him a bit wary. But he could understand the logic behind the decision. From what he could see it had gotten pretty late while they had been in there. That and the woman was probably be pretty exhausted from what she had been through. So it would give her time to rest.
[break][break]

[break][break]
THE NEXT DAY
[break][break]
Staying in Fallabor hadn’t been as bad as he had thought. He had mostly kept to the room he had had for the night. The biggest worry had been sharing a room. And having to pretend to sleep. But luckily he hadn’t had to worry about any of that.
[break][break]
Now they were just finishing up taking the woman back home. ”This mission wasn’t too bad,” he said turning to the older male once the woman was on her way. ”Guess I’ll get going now though, got to fly all the way back to Fortree,” he explained as he released Rook from his pokeball.
[break][break]
After making sure Josh had nothing left to see he would get on his Corviknight and take off. Flying the dual flying type off towards Fortree.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this works

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,122 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 5:13:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After getting lodging at a nearby mid-quality motel, taking full advantage of his Gym Leader comps to get a great rate, the trio went their separate ways. "You're really a good fit as a Ranger," Josh again complimented Ever. "You stayed calm, kept your wits about you, and most importantly, worked with our Pokémon. When you're ready to take your Senior Ranger promotional exam, let me know. I'll put in the good word for you and even administer it if I can. That won't make the exam any easier, though!"

The Gym Leader watched Ever take off before directing the brown-haired woman to get on one of his Pyroar. "Rustboro's a bit of a trip, but we'll get you back there as comfortably as I can." She seemed far less apprehensive about sitting on the lion as opposed to the flying scorpion. While it wasn't exactly normal to ride a Pyroar, it was a lot more normal than the cave-adept flying Pokémon that rescued her yesterday. Though the ride was a bit lengthy, the duo having to stop to stretch and relax their thighs a couple times, they were able to make it back to Rustboro without incident. The Gym Leader stopped at a local diner to get carry-out before dropping into Rustboro Gym to say hello to and catch up on the latest gossip between them.

Finally, it was off to Mauville once more, through Rusturf Tunnel. Once he got to his apartment and withdrew all of his Pyroar, he plopped down on the couch and quickly fell asleep. He had done so much riding that day, even he had become saddle sore!

{WC: 277}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 4:42:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)