kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 1:45:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
route 120.

the tomb nestled in a corner of it was a nostalgic place for most, with reasons unexplained by nothing but an indescribable attachment to a memento people would suddenly find themselves with.

for kyle, it was an intricate dagger that he finds instinctively easy to wield. while he had received training for other weapons, knives weren't one of them. the connection to it was strong, however, that it was enough for kyle to attach his keystone to it with a chain on its end.

fingers idly played with the weapon as he steps deep into the cave. beside him was his mightyena, terastalized to a steel-type for no other reason than to fit the aesthetic. it doubles as protection against the glimmora at least.

the pokemon barks, its voice echoing within the walls of the tomb. another person has chanced a trip inside. kyle wanted to do this trip alone, but it couldn't be helped that the site from a previous supernatural occurrence gets popular days after it has happened.

"hey, are you one of the people who got weird gifts from this cave too?" he asks, calling out the figure he saw, "or are you just curious about this place?"

his tone wasn't accusatory, but, true to his nature, playful and curious.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,641 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 13:17:46 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev could not explain what drew him to the Ancient Tomb on Route 120. Just days after the battle, the landscape had returned to normal. Snow had given way to grass, and the deep scars in the earth caused by Pokémon attacks were starting to disappear beneath new growth.[break][break]

The Tera crystals were new to the cave system, however. Their sudden appearance following the battle prompted Team Rocket to send operatives into the tomb to investigate.[break][break]

Understanding the power in their potential, Zev offered to go — as his civilian persona, of course. After all, there was no reason to raise suspicion or cause trouble. Not yet, anyway.[break][break]

A Mightyena's bark cut drew Zev's attention away from some Tera crystals he'd been pondering. The voice that hailed him afterward sounded familiar.[break][break]

Of course, he had met last winter during the Snowboy Showdown. But the sudden mix of relief, satisfaction, and possessiveness he felt upon seeing the Top Champion caught Zev off guard.[break][break]

Still, he forced a pleasant, natural smile. "Hey!" he said as his Lycanroc stepped forward to sniff the Mightyena in greeting. "Gifts? I'm not sure what you mean. I'd heard about this place and thought to take a look."[break][break]

Underneath his shirt, Zev wore the dog tags he'd found in his hand.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Tera Tunneling Act I

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 10:36:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
first meetings do not give kyle a reason to memorize someone's face and name since it's a gamble whether the effort to do so would be a waste if there's no guarantee of a second. he doesn't have a name to attach to him, nor recall the face, which brought in surprise when he finds his mightyena's tail wagging like crazy.

the pokemon remains with the protocol, staying close to his trainer on standby since they're outside a city while they're dealing with another person. the paws kneading the ground suggest the inexplicable need to rush forward, however.

"people involved in the incident got little trinkets. they aren't anything special though, besides the fact that they appeared out of nowhere."

he would show him his, but that's not something you show strangers outside of mugging attempts.

"by the way, have we met before?" he asks out of the blue.

his hand pulls the mightyena closer to him, just to limit its movement. the way it got too excited upon meeting zev was weird since this was undocumented behavior, and he's had the pokemon for the entirety of its life, having spent more time with it than not.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,641 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 15:12:48 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Oh, you mean the big battle that took place here a few days ago. Sorry, I don't know anything about that," Zev lied, looking apologetic. The deception rolled off his tongue with ease, but at the same time, it felt incorrect.[break][break]

As if he had no habit of lying to the man before him.[break][break]

Zev brushed the feeling aside and continued, "It does look like there was a big Pokémon battle outside, but I'm more interested in the Tera crystals." He gestured to the specimens that glowed with muted light in the darkness of the cavern.[break][break]

Kyle's question caused an affable smile to spread across Zev's face. Dimples formed in his cheeks.[break][break]

"We met during the snowboy contest last winter. I remember you had all those Mightyena with you. It's hard to forget the sight," he said with a laugh. "Luna here had a blast playing with them. Didn't you, girl?"[break][break]

The blue Lycanroc barked with joy, her tail wagging at a speed to match the tail on Kyle's Mightyena. Unlike him, she observed no protocol. Instead, she dipped the front part of her body low to the ground and spread out her front paws in a request for play.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 1:52:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he knows his pokemon. they operate more on feel than logic, and he knows that this wouldn't be the appropriate reaction from a one-time meeting.

"he must've been that excited back then, huh. i'm pretty sure he doesn't even wag this much in the face of matias."

matias. why did he mention his name again over every other friend that knows his pokemon more?

he dismisses the topic entirely and shoving it at the back of his mind. there was no point in pushing further when he probably won't get an answer he's satisfied with.

kyle lets his mightyena go. it charges forward, almost bowling over zev as he takes a few excited playful sniffs of the rocket before going to play with the lycanroc.

"want to go over this place together then?" he offers, "i'm curious about the place as well. if there's nothing, then it's at least a good photoshoot location for my mightyena."

it would be perfect for amigo.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,641 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 19:23:27 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev only shrugged. He didn't have the words to convince Kyle, nor did he care to put effort into convincing him. "Sometimes Pokémon just have a better understanding of things than humans," he offered.[break][break]

The Mightyena rushed at him. So used was Zev to the behavior of dogs that he was prepared for the greeting. Laughing, he ruffled the mane of fur and scratched behind both ears before letting the Pokémon go play.[break][break]

"Sure! There's safety in numbers, right?"[break][break]

Their Pokémon leading the way, Zev started down one of the tunnels, the interior lit with the soft glow of Tera crystals. Whatever pace Kyle set, Zev matched it with ease.[break][break]

"I'm Zev, by the way. I'm not sure if I ever introduced myself when we first met, and if I did, it's okay if you didn't remember." A chuckle bubbled from his lips. "You're… Kyle, right?"[break][break]

It was easier to remember the name and face of Hoenn's Top Champion.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 5:09:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"harcourt."

his brain autocompletes the name, blurting it out without a filter. he immediately tries to make an excuse, just in case it wasn't the right person.

"m-maybe you did introduced yourself back then, unless i'm thinking of someone else."

he did read a similar surname on the ultra deep sea reports.

"anyways, yeah, that's me. the one and only, i suppose." kyle lopez. champion of hoenn. also owner of a surprisingly generic given name that he's slowly adjusting to.

and as the conversation threatens a lull, their old dynamic kicks in again.

"hey, have you tried terastallizing your pokemon around here yet?" he spurs. "i figured it doesn't need a tera orb."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,641 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 3:25:16 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

If Zev was surprised that Kyle knew his surname, he did not show it. After all, perhaps the other man had heard of Zev through his bar, Howling at the Moon, which had been a sponsor at Slateport's Splashfest the previous year.[break][break]

Or, like Kyle said with some haste, he suddenly remembered their encounter from the past winter.[break][break]

But a nagging feeling Zev could not seem to dismiss said otherwise.[break][break]

"No, not yet," he said, locking away that curiosity for later. Blue eyes wandered over the glittering crystals jutting out from the rock ahead of them. "Actually, I don't own any Pokémon that can terastallize," he lied.[break][break]

After all, the average bar owner had no need for such power on the battlefield.[break][break]

Zev's gaze slid sideways toward Kyle. "Do you want to try?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 15:54:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"he's the only one that can at the moment."

to reveal something about his trade secret was probably not a wise choice, but he oddly feels comfortable around someone who introduces himself with that name.

"cover for me in case the glimmora get curious," he casually throws out.

it almost felt natural that kyle doesn't find the need to correct himself like he usually does when he talks too comfortably with a stranger. it almost feels like an order for people outside his circle, but for those familiar with kyle, it hits like a request from an enthusiastic introvert that it actually is.

the mightyena gets recalled in favor of a poochyena.

"just like on meteno..." he murmurs to himself as he urges the terastallization to manifest. slowly, the poochyena's skin starts to crystallize, refracting light to all directions that causes wild pokemon to take notice.

the dark-type, confused as it was, remained enthusiastic with the change. barks echo within the cave, but kyle was too enamored with the show that he forgets to shut his pokemon up in the moment.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,641 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 18:47:29 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As soon as Kyle revealed that only his Mightyena could terastallize, Zev mentally filed away the information for later use. Though the Rocket Beast's instinct was to exploit this secret, another part of him closed around it like claws around a precious gem.[break][break]

Kyle's secret was safe with him, Zev thought. Almost at once, the intensity of his own determination caught him off guard.[break][break]

"Sure thing," he said, voice and expression distant.[break][break]

But then Kyle's Poochyena was terastallizing, the crystalline surface coating it casting brilliant displays of light in all directions. Zev's Lycanroc joined her own loud barks to the chorus as she trotted excitedly around the Poochyena.[break][break]

"Quiet down, we're going to draw unwanted attention—" Zev said in warning.[break][break]

Too late. A POWER GEM from a wild Glimmora came out of nowhere, smashing into the wall of the tunnel right above their heads. Loose stone, dirt, and debris rained down upon them.[break][break]

"Kyle!" Zev shouted, alarmed. Instinct brought him to the other man's side in a moment. A heartbeat later, he reminded himself that people usually voiced their concerns about others. "Are you okay?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 0:49:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it happens in a second.

a silhouette of a suicune appears for a moment, shielding the champion at the point of impact, before disintegrating into ashes, which then disappear with the grit and dirt.

"yeah, don't worry," he reassures, casually brushing off the use of his powers.

he picks up the poochyena and forcibly closes its mouth. he had to wrestle it at first, but it eventually yields to its trainer. with a finger over his lips, he shushes the lycanroc afterwards.

"we might have overstayed our welcome, i think." they disturbed their peace. it's only natural for these pokemon to deal with intruders. "i think we should go now. i'd rather not beat these glimmora up. they're pretty nice deterrents after all."

a cheeky smile flashes at zev with the last statement, refusing to elaborate further.

the more inhospitable the place was to average trainers, the better it would be for natural selection to take place when it came to procuring power, in this case, terastalization. whether it was out of greed or concern, it all heads to the same conclusion.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,641 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 20:51:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Though Kyle's power lasted for only a few seconds, dissipating with the rest of the dust and debris, it did not escape Zev's notice. Yet he said nothing, merely noting it for later.[break][break]

Besides that, he had the strange feeling he'd witnessed it in person before, even though he couldn't remember when.[break][break]

He moved to crouch next to his Lycanroc, putting an arm around her to calm her down. "I agree," he said to Kyle. Zev's expression grew uncertain. "Maybe we shouldn't have come in here in the first place."[break][break]

Standing, he signaled to his Pokémon with a hand. Luna obediently fell into step beside him.[break][break]

"Maybe in the future, we can meet in less dangerous circumstances," Zev said to Kyle, matching the other man's smile with a dimpled one of his own. "Take care until then, okay?"[break][break]

Something about Kyle's well-being felt important.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:56:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as the designated epicenter of destruction that surrounds the problems of the universe, nothing can truly be safe on hoenn.

"you're talking to ho-oh's avatar," he casually brings up. "i don't die. i respawn."

he felt like he had said the same words before, but they were so cringe that he can't think of any moment in time where he'd force them out of his throat regardless of situation.

kyle has always been bad with reassurance, though they never seem to veer to the direction of overwhelming self-confidence, borderline pride, but he feels the need to do so in front of zev.

adjustments were usually made with people he knows his normal answers wouldn't work on. the realization that he does it with zev still bewilders him.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
nostalgia [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 7:33:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: