Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Swimming With The Sharks [M]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 2:23:07 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy has never been a creature meant for stuffy meeting rooms. He’s being called to League HQ more and more over the month of July. Between being asked for his insight regarding the incident in June and clarifications on his gym’s…unorthodox style, there’s a trip at least once a week. Eventually, to save time, Navy caves and starts using his Gardevoir to get back to Dewford expediently. What was once novel becomes mundane.[break][break
Today, with his meeting done, he’s on the prowl. Making some excuse to the League rep he met about wanting to see , he makes a show of loitering. First, he’s in her office. He wanders by the door leading to Jirachi, but without Melody or Kyle he isn’t permitted to enter. Shrugging off thoughts concerning falling stars, Navy instead heads to the labs.[break][break]
Maybe wishes do come true. He spies the man he was looking for – someone he matched with on a dating app. These two had no business matching. Frankly, the app should filter people by sexuality. A dating app that can’t even do that isn’t worth its salt.[break][break]
It led him here. Fortune smiles on the warrior. The grin he gives from the other side of a lab door looks eerily similar to the grin of the monster that chased him through dark caves months before. It’s a smile just for him, gone as soon as someone else looks.[break][break]
Hiya.” His voice is cool, steady, friendly. “Dr. Reyes and Dr. Morales are out. I need to inform someone in the science division about somethin’.” Personal space is invaded. That’s Navy for you, a friendly guy. The sort of person who slaps a stranger on the shoulder, puts an arm around them like they’re old chums.[break][break]
Come with me for a minute, bud.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 14:38:42 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

It’s just Kaname holding down the lab today, was neither present nor accounted for. The fact that she wasn’t here happened to suit Kaname just fine. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Illeana or enjoy being around her, on the contrary, he enjoyed her company a lot and he thought of her as an excellent boss. Those facts, as it turned out, made the guilt of what he was doing that much more palpable; it made the betrayal of trust and the trampling of their friendship all the more real.[break][break]

However, without her around, he needn’t worry about anything but himself; out of sight, out of mind as they say.[break][break]

It was supposed to be a quiet day, an easy day for Kaname. His list of tasks was small; do some routine cleaning & calibrations, stock some supplies, and write a few summaries. All simple things, mindless tasks that he could perform while silently collecting what data he could from old files and reports to send back to Team Rocket.[break][break]

It would’ve been a perfect day for Kaname Fujihara- would’ve been had he not spotted that man- , smiling at him through the glass of the lab door. A grin that reminded him of the Seal Stone operation and that horrible Garchomp that nearly stole his life. If he hadn’t accidentally swiped on the man, he might’ve never been in this situation.[break][break]

The scientist swallowed hard, the color draining from his face as Navy closed in on him. “Are you sure you don’t want to wait for Dr. Morales or Dr. Reyes? I’m just a lab assistant, they’ll be better equipped than I to handle your information.” Kaname’s voice was tight as he spoke, his tone full of hesitation and agony. He felt like a rattata caught in a trap. The Sheriff of Dewford’s claws were in him and Kaname had no real choice but to comply with his requests, less things get ugly for him.[break][break]

“Okay… lead the way…”

[attr="class","kaname"][break]

NOTES

+AmiGo Thread
[break]

+Mission: Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 0:22:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Their walk is blissfully short. Navy’s been here enough, has enough clearance, to find somewhere quiet. It’s cramped, barely bigger than a storage closet, but it’ll do. Hardly anyone comes in here. With all the office romance at League HQ, he can just play it off as a clandestine tryst. That’s much less scandalous than the truth.[break][break]
Reaching past Kaname, he closes the door. His smile never fades. Leaning back until his back’s against the wall, he crosses his arms. Dangling on his belt are six pokeballs. Six unknown horrors to be unleashed upon Kaname, should he decide to lash out. Six unfortunate accidents waiting to befall the Rocket.[break][break]
So…Rocket’s infiltrated League HQ itself…that’s crazy.” Humming, he reaches up to scratch his own chin. The tone is casual, like they’re chit-chatting about any old topic. “Guess that explains why Rocket and League are neck and neck in the infinity energy arms race. Bet you’re not the only one, either…”[break][break]
It’s a bad habit detectives have, thinking out loud. He’s no longer purely an investigator, but old habits die hard.[break][break]
So,” he asks, still casual as you please, “how ya been since Dewford, buddy?

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 1:12:33 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Trapped. Kaname Fujihara was trapped in something a little bigger than a broom closet with a man who must've figured it all out. Kaname can’t help but notice the pokeballs on his belt, too. Six pokeballs meant six different creatures, all of whom possessed a way to kill him horribly at any speed their owner could think of. Meanwhile, Kaname had one pokeball in his lab coat pocket; a Galarian Slowking, who might be able to take out one of the gym leader’s six before dying valiantly. [break][break]

‘Of course, this bastard is smiling.’ All the while, Kaname’s face is a dour inversion of Navy’s own smile. If the scientist could, he’d wipe that smile off the detective’s face; but he didn’t have that kind of power. In fact, he was powerless here; powerless to stop the other man from his internal monologue spilling over into the external world. Powerless to escape. Kaname Fujihara often felt powerless.[break][break]

“You don’t care how I’ve been…,” he began, his voice dripping with hostility. “What is it you want? You could’ve turned me in already and watched the police drag me from this building the moment you realized who I was; yet you haven’t. So, I’m guessing you want something, something from me or you just like to play with your prey before you pounce.”

NOTES

+Mission: Putting on a Front[break]

+AmiGo Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 2:17:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

C’mon, buddy. We’re friends!” Navy puts a strong, firm hand on the other man’s shoulder. He gets close, still smiling.[break][break]
Well…you’re my friend now. See, I think it’s pointless to have you arrested. Hear me out. Rocket would just have another man on the inside before the month’s over. Let’s not bullshit each other. They’ve infiltrated every org in the League. Rangers, the military, science division. I’m just the lucky guy who gets to say he caught the rattata. This next bit’s gonna surprise you.” He searches the man’s eyes, pausing for dramatic effect.[break][break]
I don’t want to see you thrown in jail. Instead, I think we can come to an…arrangement.”[break][break]
Another pause. Backing off, he gives the scientist a little space. He shifts around, like a shark trying to stay in motion. Those gunmetal eyes are hard. There’s none of the warmth reserved for his friends or colleagues. This man is his enemy. He’s curious what his enemy will assume he means, so he gives pause.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 15:11:33 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

That strong hand on his shoulder feels anything but friendly. It is a chain, being placed around his body; a reminder of who is predator and who is prey in this situation. They were anything but friends.[break][break]

Kaname listens to the Sheriff of Dewford prattle on. He may not have liked it, but the gym leader’s words were the truth. Rocket would have another rat somewhere in the science division as fast as they could. He was replaceable, expendable even, and they both knew it. So what was the point of not having him arrested? Kaname’s grey eyes narrowed, a flash of curiosity present as the pair locked eyes for a moment.[break][break]

There was a moment of silence as Kaname processed what the gym leader said. An arrangment? The gym leader didn’t strike him as the type to climb into bed with the enemy, he wasn’t a crooked cop. No… this wasn’t going to be a quid pro quo kind of thing. Kaname grimaced and glanced down at the pokeballs hanging from the man’s belt.[break][break]

This was extortion at its finest. He couldn’t refuse the gym leader’s request to come to an arrangement, unless he wanted to end up like his mienfoo.[break][break]

“What sort of… arrangement are you looking for?” His face softened as the man gave him a little space. A little breathing room. “I could be amenable to certain things.”[break][break]

NOTES

+AmiGo Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 9:44:09 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, you could be? Man. Lucky me!” He laughs, leaning against a wall. Even when he glances towards the door, he never lets Kaname leave his sight. Always in the periphery. Always keeping an eye on his hands. He’s gotta.[break][break]
I guess I could ask for the identities of the beasts and admins that the League doesn’t know about. Plenty of Lycanrocs hanging out among the Mareep. Nah...that’d get you killed if it came out you told that. No, let’s see…”[break][break]
Taking a moment to think, he makes a show of it. Hand on his chin, eyes flitting about. Finally, he claps his hands together.[break][break]
First thing’s first: you tell me whatever you tell Rocket. I can’t stop the flow of info, but I can keep in the loop. Whatever they know, I wanna know. You can do that for me, yeah? And tell me about what the Rocket scientists are up to. Chances are, big brain like yours, you’re helpin’ ‘em out.” Crossing his arms, he studies Kaname.[break][break]
So, c’mon. Get started. Out with it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 14:42:22 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kaname crosses his arms, biting the inside of his bottom lip. The idea of divulging secrets, all the confidential information he’s gathered, to this man. It made him sick, this man was just a dirty cop pressing him for information just to better himself. To be on the other side of someone’s ambition was crushing.[break][break]

He snapped back to reality, prodded verbally by the gym leader.[break][break]

“Just normal data, research reports. I don’t have a great level of clearance, but I take small or average things. The Nihilego toxin antidote or widely available reports on Mew.” He paused, looking Navy up and down for a moment. “I am a humble lab assistant, I don’t know much about the Rocket laboratory workings outside of the simple tasks I perform.” A little lie, a small untruth that Kaname attempted to force feed Navy. “But I’ve gotten the approval for a special project to begin researching biological weapons made from grass and bug type pokemon, to use against the League.” It was a considerable gamble to reveal the nature of his personal project, but his intentions were twofold; by offering up am such information, he intended to protect the more valuable Rocket research from discovery while hopefully sending Navy spiraling over the mention of the weapons.

NOTES

+AmiGo Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 8:03:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He regrets the binding oath he has made as soon as it’s sworn. What does the man reveal if not horror beyond his imagination? Navy’s disgust is written in the hard look he gives Kaname. His knuckle grips the edge of a table, steadying himself. Restraining himself. It makes him sick, hearing someone speak so openly, so casually, about a weapon of mass destruction.[break][break]
Fire skirts along the razor’s edge of his voice when he speaks, threatening to trace a path towards gunpowder at its end.[break][break]
And how exactly were you planning on testing this bio weapon?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 1:10:24 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

There is a certain look of satisfaction present on his own face as Kaname recognizes the look of disgust apparent on Navy’s face. “What? Something upset you? You asked for this, remember that.” The scientist said deridingly. He may have been the rattata in this trap, but he still had teeth.[break][break]

“I’m not ready for human testing, yet. I’m still concocting a solid formula, but after that? It’ll be on to preliminary testing on pokemon, do a few trials and work our way up to human specimens.” He sounded so casual about the whole thing, as though it were simple, as though he was cracking a few eggs to make an omelette.[break][break]

“But as per the terms of our agreement, I will inform you ahead of time before any such tests occur; especially if said tests were to occur in a populated area. I can’t have a wanton loss of life weighing on your conscience, we have to give you a fighting chance to play the hero.”

NOTES

+AmiGo Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 6:03:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

His fist slams into Kaname’s gut as the last syllable parts from his lips. The gap between them closes frighteningly quick. From the door, it would look like an embrace. Intimate. Beautiful office romance. His father taught him all the tricks he never wants to use. As much as he’d love to break the rat’s nose, there would be questions. Better to hurt him where no one can see.[break][break]
Listen up, ‘cause I’ll only say this once.” The voice is a whispered growl, words just for him and no one else. “My Garchomp has your scent. You’ll keep me in the loop. You’ll run your tests. But if you ever smoke civilians or Pokemon bystanders with that shit, it’ll find you. Even if you kill me, it will. It’ll hunt you down, even if you’re in that little yellow submarine. And it will eat you slow, from the bottom up.” [break][break]
Backing up, he pats the shorter man on the shoulder. Turning towards the door, he moves to make his exit.[break][break]
I’ll be in contact. Not hard to find your deets. Get back to work before Illeana or Eva notice you’re missing.”[break][break]
Navy slips back on the mask of a gym leader and slips out, back to more honorable battlefields.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 3:32:56 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

As the last word leaves his mouth, Navy’s fist crashes into Kaname’s stomach with unexpected force. The strike and subsequent pain force the air from his lungs and leave him doubled over, gasping for air and too shocked to do anything more than that. All the bluster he showed was gone and what was left was a weak, doubled over man vulnerable to more retribution. Kaname can barely focus on the words whispered to him, but the threat is clear: if makes good on his work, then it’s over for him.[break][break]

As Navy patted him on the shoulder, he rose slowly back to his standing height. His arms wrapped over his stomach, as pain shot through his torso. Shock had turned to rage as he watched the gym leader leave. ‘Get back to work…’. He wanted to run after Navy, to throw him to the ground and wail on him the same way Navy had during the Battle of Dewford.[break][break]

If he hadn’t hated Navy before today, well, he did now and he would be sure to extract his pound of flesh in time.[break][break]

The scientist took a long moment to compose himself, straightening his hair and clothing in preparation to finish the rest of the work day. After a few minutes of preening, the proverbial mask was back and he left the room with no one hopefully none the wiser to what occurred there.[break][break]

NOTES

+AmiGo Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 4:38:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: