Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
RKS: BARNABY & SHRED #1
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:01:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]unown event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]UNOWN 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourself inside The Ruins of Alph. Any speakers in your possession begin to transmit mysterious noises: distorted cries, disjointed melodies, voices not quite human.[break][break]

The sound is simultaneously terrifying and alluring. Ahead, a tunnel that reaches deeper inside the ruin structure you're all in is clothed in darkness. All of you feel drawn to it.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Advance into the dark.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Fight the pull.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:21:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

FIGHT THE PULL
[break]

It didn't take long before spooky shit started happening within the innards of the ruin. From his phone, Barnaby heard the eerie sounds of some supernatural force. [break][break]

"Try and resist... whatever the fuck this is." The admin instructed , gritting his teeth against the allure of the myriad voices pulling them further into the darkness.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 0 pts[break]
TOTAL CURIOS: 1

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:49:28 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The speakers of your phone crackle and groan and plead and beg. They're asking for you to venture deeper inside, to walk into the darkness, to find the heart of the ruin. They're asking for you to fulfill some promise you've never made, to rescue somebody who isn't even in danger. A sweet song of nothingness.

You're almost tempted to follow the siren song. Almost. But your phone battery has been dead for the past six hours, and though you're not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to technology, but even you know that isn't possible. You've got a sixth sense for bad vibes, and it's going ballistic right now.

You glance away from your phone and up at the darkness. Yeah. No. You're not falling for this shit. Whatever demons are lurking in the shadow can go fuck themselves, because you aren't wandering blindly into that dark alley. Lucky you, because your partner on this little mission seems to agree with that assessment. That's good, because if both of you can get out of this "simulation" in one piece, then it'll save you a whole lot of explaining to the Rocket higher-ups.

"Yeah, fuck this place. Let's get out of here."

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:49:43 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]unown event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]UNOWN 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You attempt to pull away from the endless pool of darkness. The absolute dark is exceptionally horrifying and as you scramble to escape, the floor crumbles beneath you.[break][break]

Everyone falls through and lands in a decrepit underground hall. The walls feature engravings of what appear to be Unown. One wall spells out a message through the Symbol Pokemon's depicted bodies: the more there is, the less you see.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave the ruins.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 0:52:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

LEAVE THE RUINS
[break]

The unending darkness refused their retreat. In defiance, the otherworldly voices swelled to an unnerving degree, demanding a return to the abyss. Barnaby clapped his hands over his ears and rocked his chin upwards, signaling for Shred to follow him to where — he hoped — the exit was.[break][break]

They never made it that far. [break][break]

"Shit, wait—"[break][break]

The very ground beneath their feet gave way. Barnaby felt it first, tried to warn his companion, but it was of little use. The hole swallowed them both.[break][break]

It was an unceremonious descent. Luckily, only to the floor below, so injuries were restricted to small cuts and bruises. [break][break]

"Urgh," Barnaby groaned as he rose to his feet, patting the dust from his legs and arms. It was all simulated, sure, but damn if it wasn't still fucking painful. "You alright?"[break][break]

Taking out a flashlight to inspect how Shred was doing, the admin caught a glimpse of the surroundings walls — and the engravings on them.

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 0 pts[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 6:40:47 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Your attempt at a quick exit doesn't go very well. As it happens, the millennia-old ruins you're inhabiting aren't very structurally sound. That shouldn't be surprising, all things considered, but that doesn't stop you from being surprised when the floor gives way underneath your feet.

"FUCK!"

Luckily, you don't fall very far, and you don't fall into a pit of spikes, or lava, or anything else that might prove hazardous to your health. Once the initial shock of the impact wears off, you clamber up to your feet, and look around your surroundings. There's some kind of engraving of Unown all next to each other, spelling something out, but... Man, you really don't care about that at all. Leave figuring that shit out to the learned folk with their fancy diplomas and doctorates and all that nonsense. Right now, all you want to do is get out of this miserable little catacomb as quickly as you can.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." You grumble, dusting off your clothes. "Done with this shithole, though. Let's blow this joint before this floor collapses, too."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 17:20:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]drk triad event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]FATHER WINTER 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves near Relic Red, a clothing store in Mauville City. There, a mischievous man calls upon you from a nearby alleyway in this indoor metropolis. He continuously flips a coin.[break][break]

"call it correctly and i'll give you something nice."

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Call Heads or Tails.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Attack him.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 23:30:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

CALL HEADS OR TAILS
[break]

Shred would get his wish. They'd barely begun picking their way across the rubble before the scene shifted — to something entirely different.[break][break]

But familiar. Mauville City, 's residence within Hoenn. Even the shop nearby sparked mild recognition in the admin's mind. Perhaps this simulation represented present-day?[break][break]

Seeing a hand beckoning him from a dark alleyway, Barnaby figured this was what the scenario wanted him to experience. He nodded for Shred to follow, though he entered the alley cautiously.[break][break]

There, Father Winter stood, grinning smugly with that fucking coin of his.[break][break]

Even seeing the simulated version of the man brought a scowl to Barnaby's face. Father Winter had almost killed him and so many others months ago at Mt. Pyre. He was a known member of the DRK Triad. And generally just an asshole.[break][break]

"Call it right and we get something nice." Barnaby commented, ignoring Father Winter for . "Call it wrong and he'll likely pull some sneaky trick."[break][break]

Still. Why not try their luck? Simulated death was the worst that could happen.[break][break]

"You good with Tails?"

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 50 pts[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:54:08 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
All it takes is one step, and you've gone from where you were to somewhere else entirely. The stale air of the ruin fades, and you're hit by a fresh breeze that rolls across Mauville City. You don't know how you got from point A to point B, but you know that you don't like it, and you're certain it's going to keep happening, and you know very well that you're going to get sick of that real quick. Alas, not much you can do about that. After all, you're the dumbass who let yourself get plugged into this dubious simulation. You can't really complain about it.

Nevertheless, you're quickly lured into the next encounter. So, giving it less thought than the situation deserves, you simply shrug and follow Barnaby into an alleyway. It's there that you encounter a strange-looking stranger making a very strange offer.

"Heads or tails...?"

The fuck? Who the hell is this bozo, and why is he flipping coins? You'd assume this was some kind of glitch in the system, but your accomplice on this endeavour seems to be reacting far too strongly for it to be a mere bug. Is this a real person? Someone in the real world? They look like a complete goon. You could probably break their back over your knee.

But that was hardly in the spirit of things, was it? No, you might as well play along. Maybe if you do, everything will work out.

"Tails it is."
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:55:48 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]drk triad event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]FATHER WINTER 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You call the coin toss. The coin flips in the air, its golden edge glinting by Mauville's troffer lights. When it lands, the dark-haired man slaps the coin onto the back of his hand.[break][break]

"it's your lucky day." He says. "every day is a lucky day for this region. it is a miracle that the original one hasn't seen perceived you yet."[break][break]

Suddenly, you think see a hovering UNOWN in the corner of your vision but before you can confirm its presence, it disappears. Turning back to the man, you notice that he too, has vanished... into a rift.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave Mauville.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Enter the rift.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 0:22:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

ENTER THE RIFT
[break]

"That was Father Winter." Barnaby spoke up in explanation once the figure was gone. "A DRK Triad member."[break][break]

The last time the admin had seen him alive was in the shadow of PALKIA. But in this instance, he spoke of a different Legendary Pokémon.[break][break]

The original one. He could only be talking about ARCEUS. RKS.[break][break]

Still, Father Winter had always spoken in riddles and half-truths, staying in one place just long enough to sow doubt and discord before flitting away.[break][break]

Much as he did now.[break][break]

Under normal circumstances, Barnaby wouldn't risk venturing into a portal to some unknown expanse — but again, the simulation made him brave. They weren't here to fight or to conquer, but to learn.[break][break]

There was nothing to be gained from hesitating now.[break][break]

He stepped into the rift, unsure of what to expect on the other side.

[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:35:56 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...The fuck was that about?"

You're not sure what just happened, but one moment he was there, and the next, he was gone, replaced by a rift in reality. Tch. What a pain in your ass. It feels like you're missing a lot of critical context here. Could the Rocket higher-ups not afford to slap together a quick and dirty cheat sheet for you to cross-reference? Because Barnaby is acting like this was important, but as far as you're concerned, that guy was just a homeless bum with a gambling addiction. Father Winter? DRK Triad? C'mon now. Give a guy a chance.

Your own lack of paying attention aside, there doesn't seem like much else to do here. No point loitering about a fake version of Mauville City unless you want to get a fake fine for your fake misdemeanour. So, you either have to get out of dodge, or jump into this dubious portal, and really, that isn't much of a choice for someone like you.

You breathe a tiny sigh, regretting some, if not all, of your life choices up to this point, before stepping deeper into this mess.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:36:35 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar

[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]tao event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TAO DRAGONS 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves atop a tall stone tower. There, you encounter a two robed men with a RESHIRAM and ZEKROM. The older one stands beside the RESHIRAM, while the younger stands across from him with a ZEKROM. The two resemble each other. The older shouts, "we must live in pursuit of the truth!"[break][break]

The younger retorts, "what does the truth matter should one's ideals be compromised?"[break][break]

The RESHIRAM and ZEKROM rush toward each other to clash in lightning and flame.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Side with Truth.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO or 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Side with Ideals.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO or 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 2:51:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

SIDE WITH IDEALS
[break]

ROCKET really needed to offer a crash course on all of Hoenn's myriad eccentricities to new recruits. Beyond the DRK Triad and its members, there were so many other crazy happenings and groups that their members should be aware of, like .[break][break]

Perhaps he'd mention it to . It wouldn't hurt to have an introductory video of some sort created, right?[break][break]

Back to the simulation, Barnaby materialized atop a stone tower, high above the cloud line. Before him were two familiar Legendary Pokémon; he'd previously seen the shiny variants in service to their avatars, and . [break][break]

He and Shred were given a choice between the two. Truth or Ideals.[break][break]

wasn't much for the truth, so his choice was obvious.

[break]
TOTAL CURIOS: 2

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 5:07:49 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
One more step forward. Though, given how senseless it all is, you can't help but feel like it's one step back. Just a constant waltz between scenes, taking it sights and sounds, and trying to figure out what they're supposed to mean. It's a right headfuck, and it's all supposed to help you find God? You could get the same experience from dropping acid, and you'd probably end up closer to Arceus, too.

The chill of the breeze becoming all-encompassing, as you suddenly find yourself atop a tower that scrapes the skies. Not that it's a skyscraper, mind, as it's far too primitive for that. No, it's less like a modern Mauville office building and more akin to an extension of the ruins you were in earlier. Though, again, that was all just your ape brain slamming disconnected puzzle pieces together, wasn't it? No, you weren't going to solve this puzzle, because it wasn't meant to be solved. Not without liberal use of scissors and glue.

But that's enough bitching for now. Two dragons bear down upon you, and their keepers ask such lofty questions. Truth or ideals? Truth or ideals...

"Gee, I really don't give a fuck."

Yeah, the novelty of this little venture has worn off. You already feel a migraine coming on, and you don't need a discussion of philosophy making that worst. Fuck truth, and fuck ideals. Instead, you reach for a Pokeball. It seems Barnaby is siding with the big black dragon, so you'll hurry this along and pick a fight with the big white one.

"Better say your prayer, bud - You're going straight to hell."