1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 12:43:30 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

There were days when he would have relished the Gym Challenge for what it was. A test of his skill, something to help him achieve more than he could by colliding with those that he also viewed as strong. The number of trainers that Amor was willing to recognize as his equal was dwindling, the last one was . had been on that list at one point, but due to how he had acted, Amor had promptly removed him as a person worth admiration, and had decided that during their next meeting he would show him just how much he had been holding back. Anger boiled beneath his skin as he stepped into the Gym, and he viewed this place as another stone to kick aside so that he could make his way to the actual challenge of the League.

This would be his fourth badge, and he had become very cynical when it came to dealing with Leaguers. They were supposed to be the "good guys", and yet at every opportunity they failed him. It was frustrating to him, they were no better than the people that he worked with at this point. So he would gather data on them all, and then come the next "war" he would thoroughly destroy each, and everyone of them. Bury them under the rubble of their stones. This Gym Leader, this was just in his way, and he wanted this over quickly so that he could move on.

Of course in the spirit of not wasting his time on someone who wasn't worth his time, he had brought his Dragonite, Draco, to dispatch any Pokemon quickly. This place, it's leader, deserved to burn down for what they defended, and represented. However Amor couldn't just outright call the League "attempted child murderers", he had to be tactful to maintain his cover at least for now.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 12:31:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Sunlight bathes a battle pitch surrounded by a cheering crowd. At its center is no gym leader, but a mere trainer. They work the crowd up, win their hearts, sell them on a lie many in the League love: that they are better, that battles are fair. There is a luster in the eyes of Navy’s gym trainers, each of them filled with hope and determination in equal measure.[break][break]
As the Seraphim steps into the gym proper, a much shorter trainer bumps into him. The boy can’t be older than fifteen. Tears well in his eyes, a sharp inhale blocked by snot. Looking up at Amor, he’s taken aback.[break][break]
S-Sorry.” One word, spoken in haste. He steps past the next challenger and carries himself away as fast as dignity will allow.[break][break]
The man responsible arrives to greet Amor. As worked up as the last challenger was, Navy is a portrait of calm, cool energy. One hand in his pocket, the other resting lazily near a belt full of pokeballs worn in the style of a gunslinger, he regards Amor with cool eyes. They have only met once before, but Navy was given the impression then, as he has now, that this is a serious trainer.[break][break]
Mr. Rose. Good to see you again. Didn’t expect you so soon.” Eyes the color of gunmetal scans him. Whatever he sees earns the challenger a nod of approval – after all, Amor carries himself well.[break][break]
This’ll be your fourth badge, yeah? Surprised you don’t have more.” What he says next tips his hand, but there’s no point in playing coy now. “When I saw your name on the docket, I looked you up. Quite the history you have. Great showing at the star tournament, brushed shoulders with countless legendaries. Seems to me like you’re one hell of a guy. So, humor me for a sec while we walk.”[break][break]
He turns and leads the challenger into the sole remaining room within the gym worth being called that. It’s a battle pitch, plain and simple. Standard size, artificial green grass, two raised platforms the combatants can stand on to observe the battlefield below. State of the art radio and communications systems ensure the two can speak clearly to one another over the course of the battle.[break][break]
Why do you wanna do the gym challenge? Clearly you don’t need the education. You wanna take Lopez’s spot?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 19:41:51 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor wasn't aware that he was going to be questioned on why he was taking the challenge. There was a real reason that he was doing it, but of course if he just told this man it was so that he could show some of the Elite Four that they weren't worthy of their legendary companions that might cause some ire. If he just said it was because he wanted to gather battle data on people of interest it would probably go over just as well. Teal eyes meet gunmetal, slit like pupils meet circles, and Amor just holds the gaze for a moment almost as if he was bored.

"I was told by a hypocrite that if I wanted a rematch with them I had to make it to the Elite Four." The hypocrite in question being , the one who tried to kill him. "It of course won't take me long to reach them, or defeat them. So I thought I'd humor them, so that when they are left wanting, they have no one else to blame." It was as close to the truth that was going to get out of him. "Being Top Champion holds no interest to me, I've seen how most people in the League act." He frowns a little almost insulted.

"I prefer to keep better company, no offense." He says as they both take their place on the battle pitch, though he wouldn't elaborate further. Amor held very little regard for anyone affiliated with the League after what had happened with . While he could say they weren't all the same, the fact that none of them had gone on a warpath, or even tried to seek out real justice lumped them all together into the same ball as despicable humans in his eyes. A decent person wouldn't stand for what happened to her regardless of her wishes, which ironically made a better human in his eyes than all of them.

Loathe as he was to give accolades to the dog.

"Draco...." Came the call, and in a flash of light came his Dragonite. It stood taller than most of it's species, flexing it's full wingspan as it roared, and stood on the battlefield. A derisive snort left it's snout as it waited to see who it's opponent would be.

TLDR
Amor answers Navy sorta kinda.
Amor summons Draco the Dragonite!
LET'S GO!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 23:41:40 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

A subtle press of a button stops the camera feeds. They’re alone. Navy’s gotten this trick down to a science. It’ll look like a glitch in the footage. For a few moments, he can speak candidly to this man. Navy admires him, admires his strength. Admires the fierce independence. Much like , this person embodies all the finest qualities of a dragon.[break][break]
Your Pokemon suits you.” He likes to think it’s a nice exercise in understatement. Thumbing the pokeball at his waist, which bears the insignia of a roaring dragon’s head, he pulls it out. This will be almost traditional – for a time.[break][break]
I’ll explain how this usually goes. League’s a meat grinder. You know it. I know it. It chews people up, spits ‘em out. Doesn’t tell ‘em what they’re signing up for. Suddenly, they’re bleeding out in Sootopolis or living twenty years in another life. You go in much for poetry? I didn’t when I was in school, but there’s this one line that always stood out to me…”[break][break]
The real war’s not in the papers.”[break][break]
You get it, don’t you, Rose? Yeah, I think so. The point of this gym is to show kids – the young, dumb, the patriots – what it’s really like to fight for the League. I want ‘em to run home scared. I want ‘em to know that it’s not some fairy tale. But that look in your eyes…like your dragon’s. I know you already know that. So…”[break][break]
A black dragon flies free from a pokeball in a flash of red light. Vortigern moves faster than a creature his size has any right to move. Thundering across the distance, the massive specimen of a Garchomp spies an equal and he relishes in the chance to conquer that equal.[break][break]
…you n’ me, we’ve got the same goal. Almost. I wanna be Top Champ and keep these kids safe, no matter what. So, come on, Rose! Help me practice! Show me your strength! You wanna take down Silph? Young? Connors? Melody. Then come on, take me down. I’m just another obstacle.”[break][break]
Vortigern’s jaws go right for Draco’s throat. There is no hesitation. It’s kill or be killed.[break][break]
The ground under them shakes. They’re sinking into steel darkness.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 14:15:53 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor listened to the Gym Leader speak for a time, of course he understood most things that the man stated, at his attempted provocation, Amor became amused. This man wants to help the League survive? To what end? He wants to prepare people to fight against Rocket, but the League was it's own worst enemy in his opinion. Amor just remained quiet, almost stoically so, as he did his best to just not point out how abhorrent the League was in his mind.

"I'm glad you at least are aware of your status as just another stepping stone." It would make this go much quicker in his opinion

A Garchomp against his Dragonite? This match was going to attempt to Mirror his match against except this time Amor was far more prepared. Those who tried to use his specialty against him, who tried to fight him on his terms were something else. Did they believe they stood an actual chance? The Garchomp willingly presents it's face, and without hesitation Draco aims a powerful Ice Punch right for his foes face. If someone was dumb enough to charge headfirst into a foe, then he would punish them accordingly.

"Top Champion, huh? The current League set up isn't all that great, so I wish you luck." He spoke to the man honestly. "I do hope you're not infected with the selfsame psychopathy that many of your peers seem to gain upon getting a position of power." He sounded almost bored as he spoke that sentence, but it was the truth. Everytime someone in the League got a position of power it seemed, they just went right off the rails.

TLDR
Draco aims an Ice Punch at Garchomps face before it can bite his throat!
Amor Talks!
LET'S GO!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 20:53:24 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Only the black dragon’s speed saves him. The fist comes crashing towards his face. What a curious thing, to see such a strong blow coming from a gentle creature. Igniting the jet engines on his head, Vortigern jumps. His claw balls into a pointed fist, oozing with poison.[break][break]
Ice meets poison in a clash that sends rocks flying all around them from the force of the blow. Even the challengers might be thrown off balance by the exchange, if they’re not careful. Navy grips onto the side of the observation deck to steady himself.[break][break]
In the aftermath of the blow, Vortigern skids past. There’s distance between them again. As the black dragon turns, he readies himself for another charge. Different creatures serve different roles. He’s made for an all-out offensive. The Black Dragon does not see type advantage, or power match-ups, or such human concerns. All he sees is another dragon. Draco is a fellow monarch, a creature that stands above all else.[break][break]
He wants nothing more than to taste of this king’s flesh. He wants to consume the best, and through that consumption, grow stronger. For a dragon such as he, there can be no other way.[break][break]
I’m--- not the kind of person who lets power go to their head.” Navy stammers his reply, still not used to how powerful dragon Pokemon are. They’re in a league of their own. Fitting that it so often takes a dragon to slay a dragon.[break][break]
Well, I guess I let the dumb kids around here off the hook too much.” He tries to hide the apprehension he feels watching the battle behind a smile. “Dewford’s a long way from League HQ. I’m not about the drama that happens there.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Thrusters ignite![break]
Poison jab v. Ice Punch clash[break]
Vortigern skids away and turns back.[break]
Talk no jutsu

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 1:58:19 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Draco snorted as their attacks equally matched blew chunks of the stadium away, and he stretched out to his wings, and took flight towards the one who dared to challenge him. Though it was in a blink before it seemed like Draco gained jet boosters of his own, and he unleashed Extreme Speed towards his opponent. There was no one faster than him. The only time he had ever been caught off guard was by the unique move of 's pokemon. Despite going as fast as he could, that move outdid even him, and it was the Gym Leaders trump card. So under normal circumstances Draco was the strongest, and the fastest.

So he launched himself like a missile towards the Vortigern, and attempted to slam him into one of the nearby walls to throw his opponent off their rhythm. There could only be one king, and Draco was here to prove that it was him. He would defeat every other monarch that he came across to proclaim himself as the fittest to rule. Just as it was Amor's goal to gain strength to become unreachable, the Dragonite shared a similar dream. Only the strongest dragon should be at the side of the strongest trainer.

"Most people say they won't let power go to their heads when they have none." The battle raging in the background forced him to correct his stance so that he wasn't knocked on his backside. "Then when they get it....Things change." That was a simple fact, he had yet to see an example of absolute power not corrupting absolutely. As much as Mr. Navidson might try to convince him otherwise, Amor had evidence to back up his claims. Not feelings.

"Whether you're about the drama or not, you're still their soldier. You still fight for their cause. In the grand scheme you're just another cog in their wheel, and the moment you step out of line. Do something they don't like? What happens then? Should you show sympathy to an enemy and they find out? Or do you believe that the League is so kindhearted that they will let you get away with it?" Amor knew the answer to that, the League let their peers get away with murder as long as they could keep their pristine image. It sickened him, and it only solidified that he would oppose them, and fix things his own way.

TLDR
Draco uses Extreme Speed to slam Voltigern into a wall!
Amor talks back!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 4:11:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Then I’ll look my kid brother in the eyes and tell ‘em I tried when I see him in the afterlife.” He says with a soldier’s reservation. “They’re shitty. Arceus, they’re shitty. But they’re better than Rocket.” The last sentence is laced with uncertainty. Josh Devlin, a kid he respected as a gym leader, almost killed a child he has come in to care for deeply. Dust kicks up. Dragons roar. He feels like he is hit by a sonic boom. What speed they both have! It’s a battle of truth and ideals, gods and men.[break][break]
I’d rather be there. I’d rather fight in the trenches. I’d rather save who I can. If they hate me for it, so be it. If they want a piece of me for trying to save kids instead of kill them, so be it. I can take a hit. I’ve been hit by people a lot scarier than Silph or his cronies.” That he says with his chest. He might not know how he’d take power, but he knows how to take a beating.[break][break]
Vortigern and his human have that in common. He’s caught off guard by the speed but he adapts. Writhing within his fellow king’s grasp, he tries to claw at him. He’s slammed into solid stone. Draco launches Vortigern through it. They careen through the battlefield. They are lost in man made fog, which smells awful. They skid against the ground and Vortigern finally seizes his chance.[break][break]
His claws dig into Draco. They’re already in an intimate embrace reserved for battlers and lovers. It he easy, so easy, to dig his claws in. The thrusters turn on with no warning. They create opposing force as his feet dig into the ground. His roar shakes the earth, his will kicking up the stones along their path.[break][break]
Vortigern drags his foe along the jagged stone edges of the arena. His rough skin demands a hefty toll for this intimacy. He longs to draw blood. He hungers for flesh. Having felt this creature’s strength, he wants to devour him whole and by so doing make them live forever as a part of him.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Talk no jutsu[break]
Vortigern is slammed across the battlefield.[break]
Digs his claws into Draco and ignites his thrusters again.[break]
Drags him along the stone edge of the arena floor.[break]
Yo is this dragon on dragon violence or yaoi guro?

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 19:50:42 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

The Multiscale that Draco is blessed with minimizes the damage he would normally take from such an attack, and he snarls as he is dragged along the spires of rock that his opponent is using to damage him. However his opponent would pay the price for not disconnecting from him when he had the chance as both of his fists ignite once more with frigid energy, and he attempts to slam them both into the body of the dragon who dares try to challenge him. Over, and over he unleashes a flurry of Ice Punches on his opponent not holding back in the slightest. If he wanted to be King then he would have to earn it.

The claws that dig into him are painful, but it is nothing that he hasn't had to deal with before. Countless hours he has spent training with the others at the manor of his master. Countless dragons have challenged him, and none of them were able to defeat him. This time would be no different, and an ear splitting roar reverberates along the arena, or what was left of it. Between their clashes, the arena was getting destroyed piece by piece. It didn't seem to be built to withstand the force of two such powerful beasts, but that wasn't Draco's concern.

"Are they truly better than Rocket? You can always trust a liar to lie, at least you know what you're getting with them." He countered his point easily, because Amor knew what the League was capable of, and of at least some of the numerous transgressions they had done. "With the League it's a toss up, one person might be good, the next might incite riots in a foreign region, and cause countless needless deaths." He met Navy's eyes squarely, and gave him his full attention. "From an outsiders perspective, the League is just Rocket with better PR." That was the truth that Amor saw, and it would take some very compelling evidence to sway his mind.

But he figured that Mr. Navidson was up for the challenge, much like his dragon was up to take on Draco. Only time would tell to see who was right.

TLDR
Amor uses OBJECTION!
Draco uses Ice Punch again to give Voltigern the ORAORAORAORAORA!
Multiscale Partially protects Draco!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 8:21:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Dragons do not relish the cold. Garchomps especially. They are creatures meant for warm climates. Vortigern’s blood runs cold with every blow. His internal temperature rapidly drops with every punch. This monster he fights has trained against dragonkin. Vortigern can think of only one place to go from here: up.[break][break]
He jumps. They climb together, leaving a jet stream of white in their wake. This trail in the sky spirals upward. One beats the other with relentless fists. The other claws, bites, loses himself to the fury of a draconic outrage. Up they go while Vortigern rages, remembering the days when he was but an oversized Gible or a teething Gabite.[break][break]
He has survived this far tearing down all comers. He’ll survive this. If he is to be the creature that stands at the human’s side when he reaches the mountaintop, then he must not fall. He won’t lose – not to the human, not to the dragon in his wake. He’ll crash the Dragonite into the solid stone above them both.[break][break]
In one way…they’re a lot worse than Rocket.” His admission doesn’t pain him. This thought has stayed close to his mind ever since he saw his brother’s body laying on the slab. “Once upon a time, I almost ended up in Rocket. They make sure you know what you’re gettin’ into. No one joins Rocket with false expectations.” Navy makes no secret of the respect he has for that.[break][break]
The League? Oh no. They don’t tell you shit. They just tell you to fall in line. Act like a good soldier. Next thing you know, people are dying around you. Gods are fighting. That’s the point, Rose. Name of the game. Everyone has to pick a side, and it’s my job to make sure all the kids the League lies to know what a war’s really like.

[break][break]

+ [break]
league sucks btw[break]
Vortigern uses outrage and launches up.[break]
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:40:53 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Both dragon collide over, and over again, their fists sending echoes out across the battlefield causing the walls of the arena to crack, and crumble underneath their might. Ice, and Draconic power send frozen shrapnel across the battlefield with each collision of their fists, neither King backing down. Over, and over they continue to try, and pulverize the other, but the sky was not Vortigern's domain. It was Draco's, and bringing the fight here may spell doom for his opponent as their fists collided, Draco's head began to glow, and it's forehead took on a metallic sheen as it attempted to smash it's head into Vortigerns with an Iron Head to send it careening back down to the ground.

Despite the damage he had taken from his opponent Draco was nowhere near finished, it was his pride that would keep him going. He assumed the prospect of defeat kept his opponent from collapsing as well, it was the same as that Salamence he had fought. They were both too proud to admit defeat so easily, and despite the bruises, and cuts on his figure Draco beat his wings, and stood aloft continuing the fight. Defeat was never an option, and so this he realized became the question of the unstoppable force, and the immovable object. Whose body would break first?

Amor listened to Navy's explanation of the league, and there was merit at the very least in what he said.

"So you're doing this to protect the kids huh? You should work on protecting them from your side if anything." There was a hint of bitterness in his tone as he folded his arms, and turned his gaze to the battle of the dragons above. "The League seems to pose the most danger to children, from what I've learned." There was no hiding his distaste.

TLDR
Among the fists flying Draco attempts to headbutt Vortigern with Iron Head!
The League Super Sucks!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 9:59:59 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

▂▂▃▃▅▅ーーー!! [break]
▂▂▃▃▅▅ーーー!! [break]
▂▂▃▃▅▅ーーー!!

[break][break]
Vortigern roars. A beast of the land travels into the sky. An iron head slams into his rough skin to bring him down low. A shockwave of dust flies across the battlefield. Rocks are sent flying. He hits the ground with so much momentum that a human body would explode into a thousand pieces. Blood seeps from the wounds left by the headbutt. Bones snap loose. They hang out of him. Arceus does it hurt. By the creator and all of the dragons he spawned, does it hurt.[break][break]
What dragon balks at pain? What do wounds mean to one of their kind. They rule over everything. Their word and their voice is absolute. Pain itself bows to them. This pain is an outrage against his very nature. It drives him mad. He grows wroth once again.[break][break]
His world is a world of red. Blinding scarlet, rifts of crimson. He shoots up through the red haze, back to Draco. His claws, maw, every inch of him glows with blue energy as he screams. He rages against his fellow dragon like all will be right in the world if he can just overcome this challenge.[break][break]
Shit—” The latest shockwave nearly knocks Navy over. He rarely lets Vortigern off the leash. He’s a Pokemon that would slaughter most challengers. A champion’s companion if there ever was one. He’s not fit for the role of gym Pokemon. [break][break]
It speaks to how highly he regards Amor and Draco that he fielded him. It is] good practice for his own run on the elite 4.[break][break]
If Josh pulls a stunt like he did before, I’ll deal with it myself. Same for the rest of them. And if they fire me for it, no one will be able to say I didn’t try. I’ll make myself indispensable. If they dispose of me anyway…” His hand balls into a fist. “I don’t gotta wear League colors to fight for what I believe in. But I’m gonna do all I can while I’m here. I’m sick of being on the sidelines while people are being hurt.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Vortigern uses Outrage[break]
hurting children is bad, actually

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 17:22:11 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"That's the problem, you wait for the next time. The fact that there is a chance for a next time proves the folly of the League." How many innocents had been hurt because the League refused to take action against their own? How many had to suffer before they finally got it together? To many. Far to many, and it only served to fuel Amor's hatred towards them. They were all nothing but hypocrites, every last one. It was infuriating to say the least, but he just grit his teeth as he listened. "You make yourself loyal to killers, and liars....One would be remiss to ask if the League wasn't already infiltrated." He question the 'soldier', but the battle continued to ramp out as the Outrage battered against Draco.

Draco felt the fatigue, felt the cracking of his body, the way it screamed at him to stop, but he had to win this. This challenger was brutal to say the least. Draco raised his fists again, and without hesitation he smashed them into the rampaging Vortigern. However this time something was different as the icy energy wasn't being aimed at his torso, or face. Instead it Draco was deliberately aiming lower. Each time he made contact his scales were torn by the Rough Skin, leaving blood in their wake. But each punch was being aimed at the legs, and knees of his opponent.

His tactic was simple, he was going to freeze his opponents legs in place, and then when he couldn't move take him down from there. Over, and over the frost would have to build up. Draco could handle the pain, he could handle the fact that his body rebelled against every action that he took. The fact that he could do all of this is why he was Amor's strongest dragon, he had been wounded, he had been knocked down by all manner of enemy, and opponent. He always got back up. Draco would never stay down, because this was how he chose to live.

The vibrations of his fists as they collided against the hardened body of an enemy, the weight of his body threatening to drown him the longer the battle dragged on. The way his wings flexed out to assert dominance, the feeling of pain vanishing, and adrenaline coursing through his raging heart. This is what he was meant for, it was what he was destined for, and no one would ever topple him from his throne because....

"I....AM....KING...." Draco roared out his declaration as he reared back his right fist collecting as much icy energy in it as he could. Taking advantage of his opponents Outrage he aimed a harsh uppercut in the hopes that he would be slowed down from the assault on his legs.

TLDR
Amor tells Navy he is dumb for allowing there to even be a hint of a second chance!
Draco is accumulating damage!
Draco uses Ice Punch on Vortigern's legs in an attempt to freeze him in place!
Draco uses Ice Punch to attempt to uppercut Vortigern into oblivion!
Draco uses PokeSpeak!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 21:17:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

That ain’t even a question. ‘Course the League’s infiltrated. Hell, they’ve probably been infiltrated on and off since Slateport.” He admits. It’s a meaningless admission, really. There’s no real profound insight there. They’re at war. During war, both sides use spies. Navy suspects there are League and Rocket infiltrators on both sides. The neck and neck arms race that dominates the region speaks to that.[break][break]
But my options are the League and the people who killed my brother.” That admission is quiet. None of the gusto or bravado with which he speaks to the world is there when he makes that admission. “How the hell am I supposed to throw my hat in with them, Rose? How am I supposed to believe in people who would do that?”[break][break]
Vortigern carries no such doubts. Vortigern is a beast defined by his inability to stay down. A king must carry on until he dies. He must carry on after he dies. When his legs are taken, he must use his arms. When his arms are gone, he still has his maw. When that has been taken, the very earth trembles at his command.[break][break]
He, too, is bleeding. He, too, must not stop. His legs sway until they are planted in place. He’s spitting blood. Something inside has been broken. To back down now is to admit he is below this creature. The human means to have him fight legends. How is he himself to be a legend if he falls here?[break][break]
Pain is temporary. Victory is forever. He does what most would call folly. As the ice wraps around his legs, he claws at them. He tears his own flesh to free him. He rips his own skin apart so that there is an inch. His powerful legs do the rest. His jets ignite. He turns. He strikes.[break][break]
▂▂▃▃▅▅ーーー!“[break][break]
This creature has no voice. He cannot speak in the tongue of Pokemon. He can only roar and rage. Speech is beneath one such as him. They are both battered, bloody, on the edge of falling. Who can say who will win? All they both know is that they will never stop fighting.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Outrage continues[break]
Frankly this is just torture smut at this point[break]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
You're in my Way (Gym)
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 13:44:44 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

It was time to lower the curtain on this play, and Amor pulled out a Pokeball that was black, and red. It held a tiny gem inside of it, and he raised it high above his head. To make Draco truly invincible he had gotten one of these. To change his type, and make him far more punishing on the field of battle. One day he would have all of them, but for now this would do, and so Draco began to glow, and his body became coated in a silvery sheen of crystal. Now a Steel Type Draco takes the oncoming Outrage easily, as the dragon power has far less effect on the now Steel Dragon. Attempting to grip Vortigerns claws in his own, Draco rears back his own head, and attempts to smash into the challenger with another powerful Iron Head.

Over, and over he would continue just as they had been this whole time. Perhaps their opponent could do something similar, and the bout would continue, but this was meant to shore up Draco's own weaknesses to a particular type that Amor disliked. The besotted fairy type....Steel was useful in many scenarios. So Draco would use his all to defeat this fellow monarch of his kind. King to King they would rage to the heavens if it was required. It was a testament to his opponents skill, and power that they would have to use this new power.

"You can always trust a liar to lie Mr. Navidson...." Amor stated to him simply as he felt the force of the collision between their two dragons. The arena was basically in shambles, it had deep gouges in it, cracks, and even the walls weren't unscathed. "I suppose we will just have to see what the future holds, I'm merely a man of the people....The people who get caught in the crossfire of this neverending crusade....The people the League constantly abandons, and refuses to protect." If the supposed 'good guys' didn't care about casualties, then Amor would simply join the otherside, and expose their hypocrisy....Because he hated hypocrites more than life itself.

"It feels as if I'm the only one looking at this from their side....Not surprising though." Very few people thought about the casualties of war, certainly not the ones raining the destruction down. It was probably beneath the League to consider such a thing. "Maybe you should consider....Not siding with either...." A great equalizer would be the most beneficial, but that was a long ways off.

TLDR
Amor uses his Tera Orb to Terrastalize Draco into a Steel Type....He does not have a hat!
Draco uses Iron Head again but ti's more amped up this time!
Draco takes the Outrage head on again, but is more resistant due to his new typing!
Amor talks!
The League continues to suck!