1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Meeting the Master of Faster! [WOFF M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 18:54:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

The carnival had moved areas, to a couple more different parts of the region, and as it happened they were in Mauville City where Josh's gym was! Yuina still felt like she was a long ways away from thinking about what "challenging the gyms" looked like, but that didn't mean that she couldn't at least go say hi to someone whom she would at least at this point like to consider an ally. Josh was busy, being a gym leader and all, and he was going to have a whole exhibit? Ride? Attraction? Attraction, that was the word, at the carnival, she couldn't possibly expect him to single out time for her, but that was alright![break]
Yuina moved through the carnival grounds, looking around for where Josh had said his attraction was going to be placed, and she heard the familiar roars and such of the Pyroar that she had met before, the ones that were in his gym. She moved in that direction, and did in fact find Josh and the group of lions, and to her delight, one particular lion was out and about as well.[break]
"Hi Josh! Hi Rani! I came by to see you all," she called out, hoping that she'd waited for an open opportunity that she wouldn't interrupt anything.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:24:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh was visiting the carnival in other cities, in Mauville, he would be working it. He had a large field filled with exotic, saddled Pokémon from his Gym. The list of them was curated to be unusual, yet safe enough for even ones with no riding experience to be able to keep their balance without falling. On the attraction's signage, he did have a list of personalities for his Pokémon, so that they knew what to expect, and to acknowledge that some of his Pokémon would have a waiver associated with them.

Seated on Aslan, Josh heard calling out to him just as his four Pyroar and Hisuian Arcanine returned to their gates, letting their riders slide down the fire-types' backs. "Hey, Yuina!" he waved back, Aslan lifting a paw in greeting as well. "As much as I want to wander the fair, I do have an attraction to run. If you've ever wanted to ride on a predatory Pokémon, you can! As long as you have Funtasia tokens, that is."

In addition to the four Pyroar and Hisuian Arcanine, there was a whole set of gates on the large space's opposite side. Standing inside them were a Shiny Luxray, a Liepard, and a complete set of Eeveelutions, all of which could accommodate a single rider in their saddles. Josh helped a carnival-goer off the back of his Umbreon before closing the gate. "Don't forget to wave goodbye to Kamuy, okay?" Josh reminded him, the Umbreon coo'ing as the teenager went on his way.

STAMP: Help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue.

{WC: 260}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Craggro         H!Arcanine        Obese
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good 
Simba           Pyroar            Good 
Kovu            Pyroar            Good
Nala            Pyroar            Good
Rani            Pyroar            Good

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 3:05:38 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

It was pretty difficult not to be distracted in such a high volume, colorful, kind of chaotic and all around stimulating environment, there was just so much to look at! Even as she'd went up to the gates of Josh's attraction and was looking to say hello to the lions and the gym leader, in that brief moment of waiting and making sure she wasn't interrupting anyone, she couldn't help but watch the intense game of tug of war going on down the way where people were cheering and hollering at both sides to get the flag over the line. There was so much going on in every direction, but Josh's call back to her caught Yuina's attention, and she smiled and waved back, and especially gave a wave back to the Pyroar that too waved to her.[break]
"No, that's okay! I know this is... I guess like your job right now? I didn't want to take you away," she clarified, knowing that Josh did have a job to do as a 'gym leader', that was a whole list of responsibilities she would never know.[break]
"I... wait? Oh I don't think I have any tokens? I didn't know. Where can you get some? I'll go run and do that really quick," she clarified, she didn't know that she needed tokens to do stuff at the carnival... But she could definitely go get some to be fair and square about things! She didn't want to make a fuss over it for sure.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 18:38:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's eyes turned toward the tug of war as another carnival employee collected Funtasia tokens from the next batch of riders. The younger ones looked most excited to hop on the Gym Leader's Eeveelutions. One of them even requested his autograph, being a fan of his since before becoming a Gym Leader.

After providing his signature to the child, Josh turned toward Yuina again, Aslan's broad smile so adorable that even the racer would have cooed if he could see it. "For a couple hours three times a week, every other carnival day, I run this. The kids really love it. After all, when do you get the chance to ride a Pyroar?" Provided one knew Mauville's Gym Leader on a first-name basis, often. For the rest of the world, not so much.

"You can buy Funtasia tokens at any of the carnival's entrances," he answered. "They're the currency of the whole event, and they're good throughout the month. The closest one is that way," Josh pointed to the east side of the fairgrounds. "Try to make it quick, because I can't hold your place in line or your spot on Rani, either!" He remembered how much fun Yuina had with Rani during their volcano expedition, after all!

STAMP: Mention a tug-of-war game.

{WC: 208}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 19:00:49 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Smiling still at Aslan the Pyroar, Yuina nodded along with Josh's sentiments, what kid wouldn't love riding on a big Pokemon and having the time of their life? It made perfect sense that this was a popular attraction.[break]
"I'm sure they do, and this is such good work as a gym leader too, for helping the next generation of trainers? You get to inspire them and let them see that Pokemon can be their friends," she replied, remember what he had told her once about what it was he did as a gym leader, it was important work. Then he explained what the tokens were and what they were for and now Yuina felt bad... She was holding up things being the one standing chit chatting without the means to actually move forward, she didn't mean to cause any fuss![break]
"Oh, oh! No, that's okay! I'll go get some but don't worry about holding my place! I can wait, that's the least I can do for not being prepared," she said, she didn't want to take away from anyone else's time more than she already had.[break]
"I'll be right back! Do you want any snacks? I can bring back something too," she turned in question, she was kind of hungry too, a little snack sounded just right!

Yuina has been a troublesome customer not having tokens!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 4:39:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's face was beaming at the praise that was being showered upon him. "What can I say? My Gym's all about racing Pokémon. Why not give the young ones the chance to say they've ridden with the fastest in Hoenn?" While that title wasn't completely accurate, Josh was perhaps out of everyone in the region most well-known for his Pokémon's speed.

The Gym Leader pointed Yuina in the right direction. "I wasn't planning on holding your place in line, but there should be enough slots left in this run that you should be able to get tokens and come back. Can't promise that Rani will still be available when you return, but I doubt every single Pokémon will be taken." He was taken aback at Yuina's generous offer to feed him. "Once I'm done running my booth for the day, I'd be down to get some food. Eating then immediately riding on a cat Pokémon's back is a great way to lose your lunch," he chuckled. "See you in a few!"

With that, he turned around to help a young brother and sister aboard Janus and Kamuy, his Espeon and Umbreon. He had to explain to the boy why Janus didn't have a proper harness on him; the psychic-type created a mental one that was just as effective as the physical ones on the other Pokémon. Slots were filling up fast; if Yuina didn't return soon, she wouldn't get her choice of Pokémon!

STAMP: Assist an escalated visitor (2nd thread)

{WC: 249}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 17:19:40 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Hmmm, Josh had a fair point, maybe eating something, even a small something, before she was going to start running around wasn't a good idea...
"Okay, yeah, you're right, I'll be right back," she hurried, she was still going to gather food after the fact for the both of them, why wouldn't she? Surely Josh had to be hungry after working at his attraction for the time that he was, it just seemed like the kind thing to do. Yuina hurried off towards the booth that Josh had indicated, but in her haste she ran right into a little cart someone was pushing of Carnival Flags and light up wands for the kiddos! She was flustered, but gathered up as many of the toys that she could to put back on the cart, fortunately she didn't knock over too many, but she couldn't just leave them on the ground like that...[break]
She rushed towards the booth, paid for a handful of tokens, and came back to Josh's section, apologizing again to the employee with the cart as she passed by them once more.[break]
"Okay, back! We're getting food after you're finished, everything smells so good," she confirmed once more, now that she'd passed by a couple of the food stalls, she couldn't chance missing out on trying at least once thing, there were so many different things to try![break]
"Sorry I didn't get it before, but I have tokens now! I'm ready to take a ride!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 20:53:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was still appreciative of Yuina's generosity. "We can definitely have a late lunch together once my booth closes for the day," he offered before the took off. While she was gone, he helped riders, young and old, aboard his Pokémon. There was even a retired man that wanted on one of Josh's lions. He helped the elderly male get seated on Kovu, who was warned to be gentle with him. The rumble of her purring got a smile out of him.

Several of the children on Josh's Eeveelutions knew he was a Pokémon racer, and wanted the large Vaporeon and Sylveon to go as fast as they could. While they were bound by carnival regulations not to exceed a certain speed, the Sylveon being assigned to the outside lane meant she would have to run faster than his other Pokémon to keep up.

By the time Yuina returned, all the Pyroar but one had been taken by other guests. There were only three Pokémon left, all assigned to the outside lane. The remaining Pyroar was Nala, and the other two were Blinky the Jolteon and Inky the Glaceon. The guard on the front Jolteon's saddle would prevent a rider from being spiked by her quills. All three Pokémon, by virtue of being on the outside late, could run fast.

After taking the requisite number of tokens from Yuina, Josh gestured toward the three remaining Pokémon. "Nala, Blinky, or Inky - take your pick! I do want to warn you that Nala is a swift runner!" He kept an eye on Craggro to make sure the Arcanine was okay; he had put the overweight fire-type in an inner lane to conserve his reduced stamina...

{WC: 277}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 0:04:13 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Relinquishing her tokens that she'd retrieved, Yuina was ready! She was excited to just contribute and support Josh's carnival attraction, and she was glad too that it sounded like he would humor her offer of food in a little while. She was given a couple of options, and while she was a bit sad that dear Rani was currently having fun with another guest, that didn't meant that she couldn't still have fun. She'd met Nala the lion before, all of the Pyroar were great fun and good company, and while she didn't have anything against the other two very colorful Pokemon, she did enjoy the Pyroar.[break]
"Lets go meet Nala officially, I think it'll be a fun time," Yuina confirmed, moving through the gated queues and coming to meet the lion, and making sure to be kind to the lion, she eased herself onto the saddle to get situated.

Riding a carnival ride/attraction!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 21:09:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Nala smiled at Yuina before she got seated on the lioness, a purr from the Pokémon perhaps tickling her. It wasn't as strong as Rani's purr, but it would still be rattling, perhaps jarring if unexpected. The other two seats were filled quickly, Blinky in particular looking excited to take the lead on the outside lane. It was the same lane Nala was in, a sign of the speeds they would get to.

The gates opened, and the Pokémon were off, Nala's trot not lasting long compared to the other lions. She wanted to run, but that would be later on. After making the first sweeping turn alongside Kovu and Simba, all of Josh's Pokémon picked up the pace. Two of the younger riders let out screams as the felines' arching backs bounced their riders around more so than any equine would. Their special saddles absorbed some of that power, but it would still take some getting used to. Ahead, she might be able to see perhaps the largest Jolteon she had ever seen, and she was zooming compared to the other Pokémon. The young rider on Blinky's back looked like he was having the time of his life, though that was short-lived when Josh ordered the electric-type to rein the speed in some.

STAMP: Help fix an attraction

{WC: 220}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 18:07:43 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Situated and as ready as she could be, Yuina held the given handles to make sure that she was giving Nala all the respect that she could in getting to ride her for the first time. She could only imagine that probably not every ride was a nice one, people were people after all... So Yuina just wanted to give the Pyroar a nice time, and she appreciated the purrs that the feline offered, maybe she could tell?[break]
No sooner had Yuina been listening to the splashes and laughter of the Magikarp fishing game of children splashing around in the water with their fishing poles than was wind rushing past her ears as the lion took off at being released for the ride. Yuina gripped tighter, she was prepared but could have only been prepared by so much as Nala took off, and it was such a rush! Yuina smiled, leaning in to Nala's figure to try and decrease her own movement atop the fire type's back, and they overcame the other running pokemon with such ease and speed it was incredible!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 23:17:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Children laughing while playing the Magikarp fishing game served as a distraction while Josh's Pokémon ran around on their preset path. He couldn't tilt his head away from his own attraction for long, though; he had to make sure none of the Pokémon were going too fast. Blinky especially liked to show her speed, and carnival guests were warned about how fast she would run.

While the guest riders did have some control over their direction and speed, the running beasts had fairly strict ranges of movement they had to remain betweem to comply with carnival safety protocols. Changes in speed had to be gradual, and turns light. The hunters still ran fast enough to get their guests hooting and hollering, particularly those on the Pyroar. A teenage brother and sister caught his attention, both of them looking like they were having the time of their lives trying to stay balanced against Kovu's and Simba's flexing backs.

As their time was starting to wrap up, the moment the riders waited for had come: one last lap around the small, mostly oval course, but this time with the Pokémon at a gallop. A light gallop, but it had to feel like full speed for those not experienced with racing. Nala was a front-runner, competing for Blinky in speed, though within the limits set by the carnival. The faster the Pokémon ran, the more pronounced the motion of their flexing backs became.

Once all of them had crossed the line, they scattered to their respective chutes, where the riders could dismount. All of them looked ready for more, except Craggro; the Hisuian Arcanine looked exhausted. Carnival staff withdrew the rest of Josh's Pokémon for transport back to the Gym. All except Craggro and his pride of Pyroar, that is; those remained with Josh. He slid down from Aslan's back, hanging up the sign indicating the trail riding attraction was closed for the day.

"Have fun up there?" Josh asked Yuina with a smile.

STAMP: Reference a Magikarp fishing game

{WC: 336}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:51:47 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Whether it be from the actual speed that Nala was running at, or that it just wasn't that large of a track for them to take haste to, it all seemed like it was over just a bit too quickly. The running and the wind rushing past her ears, the feeling of Nala moving beneath her saddle was all exhilarating, and Yuina was smiling ear to ear as it all came to a halt and the lion returned to her starting position. It was such a great time! And she couldn't thank the Pyroar enough for her generosity at such a wonderful experience! She patted the lion on the side of her neck, the least she could do in a gesture of gratitude as Josh came up to the section where Nala had returned to.[break]
"It was such a good time," she breathed then, standing herself up and hopping down from the height of Nala's saddle. She turned again to the Pyroar and smiled, she couldn't thank her enough.[break]
"I hope your Pokemon know just how wonderful their contribution is to the carnival, they should be proud," she added, they should all know that they were doing such great work!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 6:14:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Yuina was patting the side of Nala's neck, she returned the affection with a purr that may have startled her, the intensity of it perhaps rattling her. With the last ride having been run, Josh recalled the rest of his Pyroar and Craggro, his Arcanine as carnival staff withdrew the remainder of his Pokémon for transport back to Mauville Gym. "Thanks," the black-haired rider replied, smiling. Even Aslan looked surprisingly relaxed, the regal lion keeping pace with Yuina. "They already do something similar at Mauville Racing Grounds, so they're used to it. It's a Pokémon riding academy as well as a Pokémon Gym. Even if I have to step down as Gym Leader for some reason, the school will still be there."

A strong purr from the golden lion reminded Josh that he, too, needed food after running his stall for so long. "Right, the food court," Josh reminded Yuina of where they were going afterward. "I'd like a real meal and not just sweets, as good as the snow cones are. Were you looking for a whole meal, or just something to nibble on?"

{WC: 189}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 17:55:24 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Overall, Yuina was delighted! This was all such a great time she couldn't even try to hide the smile on her face or the sparkle in her eyes, she was just having so much fun at the carnival! Josh was great company and for her first time at one of these carnivals, she was just having a blast! She gave her goodbyes to Nala the lion and Josh was ready to take some time off from his attraction for a little while it seemed, taking her up on her offer of food.[break]
"Well, lets go see what we can find! I'm not even sure what's around here, but it sure smells good," Yuina smiled, but not before she found Josh on the Amigo app that everyone was sharing around and tagged his name for #Funtasia saying that she had had so much fun at the Master of Faster's Attraction!