Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 1:12:20 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Honestly, Elisabeth didn't know how she got roped into these things, but far too often, the culprit was .[break][break]

She'd distracted herself in his penthouse one night too many times, she supposed, waking up to find herself dragged outside to an endless cacophony of noise, unbearably bright lights, and people. He seemed at ease in his affable blonde persona, smiling widely as if the whole farce didn't reek of cheap desperation.[break][break]

Meanwhile the underboss beside him glared at all and sundry from behind large sunglasses. Her wild black hair was hastily tied back; jeans and a loose T-shirt borrowed from the man next to her served as her makeshift disguise.[break][break]

More importantly, Elisabeth's Ruinous patron was conspicuously absent. No snail trailed in her shadow today.[break][break]

Which, perhaps, was why people felt so free with bothering her now.[break][break]

"Get that thing out of my face," she snapped at the merchant in a nearby stall, standing beside an overenthusiastic Swirlix. He'd begun waving pink, sugary candyfloss at her, proclaiming sweet ladies deserved sweet treats, or something similarly inane and dreadful.[break][break]

Elisabeth huffed loudly, crossing her arms as she turned to Barnaby.[break][break]

"Dare I ask what miserable attraction you're dragging us towards now?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

✔️ Be a troublesome customer.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 1:27:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

Though he sported a blonde wig as , he'd also chosen to wear a pair of wide-brimmed sunglasses to hide his face from curious onlookers. Today wasn't about attracting attention, after all, but enjoying an afternoon off with .[break][break]

Too bad she apparently hadn't gotten the memo. Already heckling the staff! [break][break]

"Now, now." He cooed pleasantly in her ear while hitching his arm into the crook of her elbow. The booth attendant was given an apologetic nod as he steered her elsewhere.[break][break]

"Exasperated huffing isn't in the spirit of these sorts of things." Looking around for something to soothe her agitation, Barnaby quickly saw just the sort of thing he was looking for.[break][break]

A Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game.[break][break]

"Over there! Let's play a little game. I bet I can beat you without even breaking a sweat." And that was saying something in this summer heat.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
✔️ help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 1:35:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

An exasperated sigh served as her rebuttal as she bit her tongue, smothering her desire to retort that the stupid man with the stupid sticky candy had been the rude one, not her.[break][break]

Then again, drawing attention seemed unwise. So bitterly, she let herself be ferried away to the Dugtrio-Ring-Toss.[break][break]

"They always rig these," she announced, to the mild annoyance of the gamerunner next to her. Despite that, she fished some Pokedollars out of her wallet and purchased the right to compete, tossing her hair.[break][break]

"But if you want to lose to me at something, that's quite fine by me."[break][break]

Gritting her teeth in determination, she tossed a ring towards a moving target of a Dugtrio, aiming to land on one of its three heads.[break][break]

Anyone who had known Elisabeth a year ago might do a double-take to see her in her current state, sporting an official 'Bee's Knees' graphic T complete with a Cutiefly logo as she competed with the journalist to her.[break][break]

A crow of victory signaled her eventual success, one of the three rings circling the Dugtrio before it escaped.[break][break]

"Should we make a bet?" she asked, turning to him with a smug look on her face. "Winner takes all."

✔️ Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game.

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 1:55:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oh, now you want to bet?" He asked, faux-incredulous. "Now that you've had a perfect first round?"[break][break]

He knew to be competitive, but this was a whole new side of her. They'd been having these sorts of moments a lot lately, given the... snail's influence.[break][break]

"Fine. I'm not the sort of man who backs down from a bet. Especially one I know I can win." Chin held high, he stepped up to the plate. "Prepare to be crushed."[break][break]

Three rounds and much bickering later... was actually the one to be crushed.[break][break]

As Elisabeth claimed her prize from the now-disgruntled booth attendant, Barnaby grumbled something along the lines of, "You had to have been cheating..."[break][break]

She had ALL completely perfect rounds — rings tossed with immaculate accuracy! Was this some sort of Avatar nonsense at work??

[break]
✔️ lose at least one carnival game

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 2:09:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She hummed with pleasure at the absolute totality of her win, the tension that had gripped her on arrival already abating in favor of a cat-like self-satisfaction that buoyed her every step.[break][break]

"If I were cheating," she almost purred, linking her arm with his, "then telling you would defeat the point of it, wouldn't it?"[break][break]

(She was, but no Avatar nonsense was involved. Just good old fashioned bribery, raising her opponent's difficulty while lowering her own.)[break][break]

"Ah, we didn't decide terms of the bet. Hmmmmm." She tapped her chin, giving this substantial thought, before a lightbulb seemed to visibly flicker on above her head. "Oh! I get to pick a prize, don't I?"[break][break]

With an unexpectedly childlike excitement, she let her gaze fall over the enormous stuffed plushies mounted on the wall, debating between several (The Sprigatito? The Smoliv? The Budew?) before the staff calmly explained she hadn't won enough for those big-ticket items.[break][break]

The sunniness of her disposition darkened as quickly as it came, and a brochure was produced listing the possible games that could earn such tickets. Elisabeth sulked at it visibly.[break][break]

"Well, this is decidedly unfair. Seems we'll have to do Tauros Rodeo, Magikarp Fishing, or any one of these games... Arceus, we could just buy a plushie to spare ourselves the trouble, really."[break][break]

The competitive glint in her eyes, however, revealed that was not a possibility. Not in the slightest.

✔️ Win at least one carnival game.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 2:31:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Seeing her prickly façade begin to slough off was prize enough for , though he did not make this sentiment obvious, preferring to remain outwardly sulky in the wake of his defeat.[break][break]

He enjoyed watching her peruse her plushie options, however. Liked it even more so when she pouted after hearing other games needed to be played if she were to own one of the overpriced stuffed Pokémon.[break][break]

"Where's the fun in that?" There was a knowing glint in Barnaby's eyes, too. They were alike in that way. Never wanting to give in or surrender. [break][break]

He'd find a way to defeat her, though, and the first step was picking the appropriate game. Like the Taurus-Rodeo Game.[break][break]

A mechanical bull. The longer you stayed on, the better the prize. Surprisingly, Elisa approached it first.[break][break]

"You want to play this game?" He probed, somewhat shocked but decidedly pleased.[break][break]

"Alright. Ladies first."

[break]
✔️ involve or reference a taurus-rodeo game

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 3:02:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Pfft. Since when have you ever treated me like a lady, Barnaby?" Elisabeth said with a roll of her eyes, already motivated by the way he presumed her inevitable failure. "And I've been riding horses since I was a girl, I'll have you know," she added tartly.[break][break]

Be that as it may, the mechanical Tauros proved far more challenging than the Mudsdales of her youth.[break][break]

If Elisabeth was anything in her life, she was stubborn and willful. The considerable effort it took to maintain herself on the bucking machine was visible in the sweat on her brow and the way she bit her lip so hard, it seemed seconds away from welling blood.[break][break]

However, defeat claimed her first, announced by a loud ring of a bell and the graceless thud of her body against the dusty ground.[break][break]

Elisabeth narrowed her eyes at Barnaby from her place at his feet, dusting herself off as she managed to crawl upright.[break][break]

"Five seconds," she commented on her time, then met his gaze. "I'm willing to bet you'll pass out in three."

✔️ involve or reference a tauros-rodeo game

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 16:26:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"And you think riding a mechanical bull is like riding a horse?" His tone dripped with incredulous sarcasm; he might as well have said 'oh, honey' to wrap up his disbelief, but that probably would have pushed her over the edge.[break][break]

's mediocre performance would be her downfall, anyway. She flailed on the thing like a newborn gasping for purchase on a tit — clumsy and hopeful, but ultimately ineffectual. [break][break]

"You know the standard for winning is eight seconds, right?" He asked, offering a hand to help her stand. "Don't worry, I plan to double your score. Ten seconds. Watch and learn."[break][break]

rarely made hollow promises in games of competition. True to his word, he straddled the bull with a practiced ease, flowing effortlessly with every jerking movement. A small crowd had even gathered to cheer him on. [break][break]

Inevitably, the poorly-paid teenager at the controls gave up and let him win with a perfect score.[break][break]

"Impressed?" Shit-eating grin aside, after sliding off the bull he approached Elisa with a distinct air of triumph.

[break]
✔️ win at least one carnival game

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 19:10:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Was it possible to hate someone as much as she hated in this moment?[break][break]

Palpable disdain emanated from her as the crowd gathered around him, seething as each second of his dawning triumph passed. By the time the 10th second passed, her displeasure had reached a boiling point.[break][break]

It was impressive, but she'd rather die than admit it.[break][break]

"No one likes a show-off," she said snippily as she turned on her heel, petulantly turning her attention away from his smug expression. "Let's move on."[break][break]

No one had ever claimed that was a graceful loser.[break][break]

Nor had anyone claimed her to lack a spiteful nature.[break][break]

A devious light sparked to life in her eyes as she discovered her new target, one that proved far more interesting than the Magikarp Fishing she'd almost recommended seconds prior.[break][break]

That wouldn't be punishing enough for his ego.[break][break]

"The game of Tug-of-War looks promising," she said, looking to him for approval. "Shall we?"

✔️ lose a carnival game

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 19:43:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Before moving on to their next game, Barnaby made sure to pluck his chosen prize from the wall of options behind the booth attendant. It was a quick choice — a giant, stuffed SMOLIV with the goofiest smile stitched to its face.[break][break]

"Mmm, but I'm not just any showoff, am I?" He hummed pompously, swinging his free arm around Elisa's shoulders and pulling her close as they walked around the carnival. I'm *your* showoff.[break][break]

While looking for their next activity, was the first to suggest something. And again, her choices surprised .[break][break]

"Really?"[break][break]

Leaning in, he whispered in her ear, "Don't you have superhuman strength now or something like that? Not exactly fair, is it, Elisabeth?"

[break]
✔️ pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the carnival games

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 3:06:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You're certainly something," she remarked drily, though she didn't resist the way he slung his arm around her shoulders. Despite how she refused to meet his eye contact, the tiniest shift in her demeanor implied she didn't mind his closeness.[break][break]

She might even prefer it, actually.[break][break]

Though she did mind the Smoliv plushie. Undisguised jealousy aimed itself at the large stuffed Pokemon in his hands, its goofy grin mocking her.[break][break]

His whispered concern made her bark out a laugh.[break][break]

"If I had superhuman strength, I like to think I'd have had a more impressive showing on the Tauros just now." An eyebrow lifted. "Why? Would you prefer something like Magikarp Fishing instead?"[break][break]

"Are you a coward?" was her unspoken taunt.

✔️ Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 17:39:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

was no coward.[break][break]

He was, however, a pragmatist. Though he didn't quite believe when she assured him her Avatar abilities gave her no advantages here, he chose to take her word nonetheless.[break][break]

"Alright. Tug-of-War it is. No need for Magikarp Fishing just yet." Her prying eyes did not go unnoticed.[break][break]

"And if you win, I'll give you something nice. But I expect the same treatment in return."[break][break]

He let the implication hang. In truth, Barnaby was curious to see what her interpretation would be.

[break]
✔️ involve or reference a magikarp fishing game

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 1:41:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Something nice?" Doubt settled in her words as she cocked her head at him, an eyebrow decidedly raised. "What a vague ask, indeed."[break][break]

Despite the year they'd known one another, the man remained an enigma in many ways. The things he enjoyed most, to her knowledge, were not things she could voice in public, particularly in the presence of children screaming about cotton candy and Ferris Wheels.[break][break]

Perhaps he'd catch a glimpse of those intrusive thoughts, nonetheless, as they flitted through her mind before being filed away.[break][break]

"Tug-of-War, then," she said, and approached the enormous braided rope being held between two Machamp. At a distance, the center of the attraction had been difficult to see, but up here the draw was apparent: the loser would be dragged into a large pool of water, should they be pulled over the line marking the losers from the winners.[break][break]

"I hope you aren't wearing anything you're particularly emotionally attached to." She took one half of the rope in hand, rooting herself in place as she prepared to pull.

✔️ Involve or reference a Tug-of-War contest

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 1:20:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

, the talk show host, wouldn't be caught dead in public in a fit valued at less than several hundred dollars. He had an image to uphold, after all. But...[break][break]

"Nothing that can't be replaced." Money was practically no object for him. While material things could be bought, it was prestige and power that he truly coveted — even here, on the Tug-of-War stage.[break][break]

Grasping his rope firmly between both hands, he pulled with all his strength against . There was no mercy for her here. Barnaby was a winner, no matter the cost to his personal relationships*.[break][break]

*with some exceptions

[break]
✔️ involve or reference a tug-o-war contest

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
AMUSEMENTS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 1:39:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

As if Elisabeth wanted mercy from the likes of .[break][break]

They were both ruthless and merciless, cutthroat in their pursuit of victory.[break][break]

Although she'd said she had no intention of cheating, what she said and what she did were not necessarily one and the same thing. Roots subtly grew at her feet to hold her in place as the Tug-of-War contest began, giving her a slight edge over her opponent as she pulled with all her might to yank him forward.[break][break]

And she might have gotten away with it, too, if not for some meddling kids.[break][break]

'Pop!' The unexpected sound of a balloon Pokemon exploding, followed by a child's despairing wail, startled Elisabeth out of her focused trance. It was enough to uncoil the vines at her ankles, leading her to lurch forward with unexpected inertia to land face-first in the pool of water.[break][break]

This sight, apparently, was enough to cheer up the previously distressed child with laughter as they pointed.[break][break]

Barely able to maintain composure in the face of this unexpected defeat, Elisabeth pushed back her mane of wet black hair as she stared up at the undoubtedly smug look on Barnaby Finch's face, emanating palpable disdain as she regarded him.[break][break]

"You want something nice?" she challenged, rising to her feet. She'd found herself soaked completely, but she paid that change in her circumstances no mind, save for an irritable wringing of water from her thick curls. "Fine, then. Follow me."[break][break]

And without explanation, she headed for the Ferris Wheel.

✔️ Help a distressed kid