Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Hall of Missing Toddlers [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 2:13:06 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]The House of Mirrors seemed like a safe alternative to ‘The Drop of Death’ and the ‘Tilt-a-Hurl.’ It was also something she could do with her daughter. Her husband was currently trapped in an unwanted meeting with an associate. After turning over the ticket to the teller, she leads all three of them (including her daughter’s Snom) into the funhouse.

“Try not to run into the—” Almost immediately, the toddler slips the leash of her mother’s hand. Her little shoes snap against the metal walkway as she pivoted down a nearby math. “Mikky!” Aubre’s voice echoed back on her, the noise coming from a hundred different versions of her mouth. “Wait a moment!” Michaela threw one glance back before vanishing behind a pillar. “You need to hold Mommy’s hand!”

When had her daughter gotten so fast?

Determined to catch her daughter, Aubre did not watch where she was going. She careened around a corner. But she did not crash into a mirror—which would have been a good metaphor for her own habit of self-defeat. Instead, she careened into another carnival attendee. “!?”

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]@open
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,295 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 3:31:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

After getting through the line for the House of Mirrors attraction, Elise holds her Noibat with her like a young child while adjusting her baseball cap, t-shirt, and shorts as a casual looking disguise. A sigh comes from her since the line was a little long and the summer heat wasn’t making it better for her to wait a bit for the people to go inside. Since the attraction was filled with mirrors from all sides, it was probably a bit easy to get lost and not know where she could be going to get to the other side of this building.[break][break]

The royal ambassador ends up bumping into one of the carnival attendees as she holds onto her Noibat, but ends up dropping her baseball cap down to the floor. “I-I’m very sorry, I didn’t watch where I was going on my end and-” Looking towards the red-headed female who bumped into her, the young dark magenta haired woman gives a look of worry while speaking over to her. “Are you alright, madam?”[break][break]

Her accent was a bit apparent in her words, given that hers can be described as the Queen’s English. The woman stops to pick up her baseball cap and put it on her head again though she was a little worried for the other woman.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 14:58:31 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]The redhead quickly scurries to her feet. Her hands shove forward in a placating gesture. “I am so, so sorry.” Panicked green eyes flicked around the surrounding mirrors. Each of them reflects her greatest enemy. “Leave it to me not to watch where I’m going. Arceus, I’m a mess.” A scarred hand is thrust forward to help the ambassador up. While she might have pegged the princess’s identity in another situation—especially with her face reflected back ad infinitum—she was too worried about her daughter.

Michaela was not the nicest child. It was best to describe her as salty. And there was no telling what she would say if she emerged from this place alone. She could say her daddy was a mobster and would shoot them. Which—as a terrible liar—Aubre had a time laughing off Or, of course, she might be lured into some stranger’s car or some deep dark alley. Just breathe. She cannot have gotten that far ahead..

“You did not happen to run into a little girl did you?” She leaned around Elise’s shoulder. “Not literally, I mean. That’s more than enough clumsiness for one day. My daughter ran off ahead of me.” Her eyes widened as she caught a flash of her daughter’s bright yellow Converse. The Snom on her shoulder reflected and reflected the light like a disco ball.

Aubre’s voice held an uncharacteristic bite. “Michaela Aisling Settentrione! Stop right there!” The pair’s eyes met for the briefest moment. Sky and forests clashed. Then, the toddler took off again, vanishing into the hall of punching bags.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,295 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 22:18:54 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Taking the hand of the female red-head as the woman apologized to her, the Galarian ambassador gets up from the ground and replied with a small smile. “It’s no issue, I would hope you are alright in the middle of bumping into me.” Cormag would fly up towards the arms of his trainer once the ambassador was able to get herself up thanks to the other lady’s help. A question was asked whether the royal had seen a little girl around the place since her child had run off from her.[break][break]

“I have seen a little girl around when I came here, but she was gone in a flash.” There was a glimpse of yellow on the mirror’s reflection which the mother called out to her daughter that the little girl should stop right there before the yellow clad girl had gone off towards the punching bags. “If you’ll allow me, I’ll help find your daughter with you.” She offered before the Noibat pointed towards the hall of punching bags.[break][break]

Taking the lead in searching for the woman’s daughter and making sure the woman stayed with her, both the royal and her Noibat made the first stop into the hall that the little girl ran off to which the girl probably couldn’t have gotten far. Mirrors from every side would make it easy to get lost just as she had gotten from the entrance and into the deep end of the House of Mirrors.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: Get lost in the house of mirrors

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:04:45 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]The redhead’s cheeks shifted from pink to a dark rose. The embarrassment reflected back at her only intensified the awkward feelings. Where should she put her hands? What was the right way to stand? Something about this woman’s bearing and manner of speaking made her feel like it was important to make a good first impression. Or, well, second impression. She had made a real Ducklett of the first one.

A scarred hand reached up to tuck a stray bit of hair behind an ear. “And I would hope the same. I really cannot deal with any more guilt.” She was pretty certain she’d broken the Camerupt’s back some time ago. Guilt for saving Pokemon but not all of them. Feeling terrible because she couldn’t directly contribute to the wars. Wishing that she’d spent more money with her growing daughter. Her eyes dropped to the little bat. “And are you in one piece, young sir? I apologize for not asking sooner.”

Aubre sighed. I wish I knew what had gotten into her.” Her daughter was typically not the sort to run off. In fact, she rarely ran at all. The little mistress found it undignified. At the offer, Aubre would pause. She was not the type to ask—or accept—help. It was why her figurative Camerupt had been crippled long ago. “I suppose we can look together. We’re both going the same way, after all.” Her teeth pinched at her cheek.

And, well, time was of the essence. The last thing she needed was for someone to think she’d abandoned Michaela.

After some false turns, Aubre emerged into the hall of punching bags. Crouched behind the last of these, Michaela peered at the two women with wide blue eyes. As they stepped closer, she would dart down the hallway.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,295 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 5:34:39 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nodding a bit to the red-headed woman when she hoped the same since she can’t afford anymore guilt, the royal replied back. “I’m alright now, thank you.” The ears of the Noibat hear the other woman talking with him as he replies back with a happy chitter to let her know that the little bat dragon was okay too. Through their search of the young toddler in the hallway of punching bags, she listens to the woman talk about wishing she knew what had gotten into the little girl and that she supposed they could work together in finding her little daughter.[break][break]

The sight of the little girl in the hall of punching bags would be a good thing, but the girl would dart down the hallway as soon as the little girl saw her and her mother. “Is Michaela always like this?” She asks the other woman while trying to follow the small girl towards the hallway Michaela darted into. “I am friends with Ashley, a girl who has her ghost Pokemon for protection and a child I consider to be my adopted daughter, so I surely understand what it’s like to have a child like this.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: N/A

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 16:22:03 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]The happy chittering received a soft smile in return. She always enjoyed the Noibat line. They were graceful, beautiful creatures. But now was not the time to admire his little pinions and the well-bred lines of his wings.

At the question, Aubre shook her head. “No, she is not. Michaela is typically very quiet. It’s like living with an old philosopher in a toddler’s body.” She asked too many questions and tended to judge others. If it sparked her curiosity, nothing was off limits. “She is fairly obedient most of the time.” At least when it came to her mother. Leon rarely received the same deference.

The doctor sighed. “I suppose all the noise and sweets are having their effect.” Maybe she should have taken away that bag of cotton candy before it fit into her pocket. Or stopped at a simple caramel apple and skipped the sprinkles and chocolate drizzle. “Still, it is kind of relieving to see her acting like a normal child.” More than once, Aubre wondered if her daughter was possessed or some highly advanced automaton.

When Elise talked about Ashley, the other Galarian’s smiled. She really did not think a friend could understand, but she certainly appreciated the attempts at empathy. “She is certainly a handful.” She laughed. “Why my husband wants five more I cannot imagine.” Then again, his nonna and nonno had 13 children.

Dodging around the punching bags, Aubre and the princess came to a fork in the road. The left ended in a railing with a few of the nearby Magikarp Fishing game. A conniving light appeared in Aubre’s eyes. “Can you take the left route, please?” If this place worked the way she thought, the two paths would run right back together. Hopefully, a pincher movement would be enough to stop the runaway in her little rebellious tracks.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights