Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Ferris Wheel Rescue! [M] [Carnival]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 20:22:52 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Ferris wheels are nice." Howard said contently as he sat in a compartment by himself, drinking a slushy. That was a lie. Howard was pretty confident that nobody actually enjoyed them, but society as a whole had been convinced by Big Carnival that Ferris Wheels were not only fun, but worth riding with friends, dates, and loved ones.

The appeal made sense admittedly. It was one of the only places you could find solace from the crowds and noise, and being so high up gave you a sense of disconnection from the most terrible part of any carnival: all the people.

Yet at the end of the day, it was a big wheel that went round and round and round until you got bored of it. Howard assumed that was why people only rode them when carnivals were in season. If they were available year-round, people would realize how dull they were and stop riding them. Besides, the fear of missing out allowed the prices to be jacked up substantially. 5 PD for a ride on the wheel? Terrible.

"Meh. I guess it has some appeal. I'm sick of action for the da-" Suddenly the carnival ride jerked slightly, and then was still. The power went out in the cabin, and Howard was flung into disarray. He instinctively reached for his Pokeballs, only to realize they were left with the ride attendant. Something along the lines of 'Sir you cannot bring your Aerodactyl onto the ride. They're prone for chewing on the seats and blah blah blah.'

Blasted fun police.

"Hello? Hello?" Howard tapped on the cabin for a moment, before sliding open the window to reveal its mesh screen. He heard several other groaning and shouting as the ride halted. His shout joined theirs. "HELLO? HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Oh, he was totes going to sue.

STAMP GET: Ride the Ferris Wheel

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 5:24:35 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

With so many people at a big carnival it was not that strange for some Rangers to get involved with things. Especially when some events like these could disrupt some wild pokemon or vice versa. So it wasn't that surprising that Razz was walking around in his uniform seeing if any problems arose. Which to no one's surprise, seeing how this was hoenn it did. [break][break]

Shouts and screams could be heard over by the ferris wheel as it seemed to have stopped for no good reason. The person at the station seemingly trying to talk to his manager as neither had a single clue as to why it had suddenly lost power in a city that the power plant was especially connected to. One of the workers recognized the Ranger's jacket and asked for aid. particularly with possibly getting some of the customers down if they couldn't get it up again. [break][break]

With that Razz takes out his Noibat for raid using it's TELEPATHY to help communicate with the riders, "Please hold on for a few minutes the staff is trying ti figure out the problem!" he tells them all through his Noibat. Now to hope that there weren't any problematic riders on board.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

+
[break]+
[break]+ mission: cramorant catch

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#387bc9; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/XleOo7A.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]color:de4354;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 5:58:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Man, telepathy was funky.

It wasn't the first time Howard had experienced it, but it always left him with an irritable headache that tended to make him super upset. It left a sort of 'scratching' sensation on Howard's brain that reminded him all too much of staring at a screen for too long. Now, it had made Howard irritable.

Unfortunately for Razz, and for Howard, Howard was at his worst when he was irritable.

Peeking his head out of the carnival ride, Howard shouted down at Razz and the carnival staff. "Hey, 'oi! Whaddya mean they gotta figure out the problem, mate? The blasted machine is on the fritz! It's utterly jammed out of its bloody mind! If you think I'm just gonna bloody bugger up, then you've got another thing co-"

Poor Razz. Luckily for the Head Ranger, Howard's good eye narrowed in on the figure on the ground, amidst all the running technicians. "Oh, shit." Howard muttered and slipped away from the window.

He had just cursed out a Head Ranger, and not only that, one of Team Rocket's premiere enemies.

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

"Fuck, it's over." Howard clutched his hat to his chest. What would happen to Shirley? Crumble? All his fossils? Howard swallowed. No, he could fix this. He was an excellent negotiator. A brilliant wordsmith. He peeked back out the window and proceded to brew up a piece of verbal brilliance.

"Erm, sorry, mate!"

Perfect.

STAMP GET: Be a troublesome customer!

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 5:19:52 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Razz looks up at the screaming passenger unimpressed, it was just a little high it wasn't that big a deal right? Something he liked to believe but unlike others the Ranger didn't have a fear of heights or falling as he had a landing strategy which he didn't seem to realize wasn't a normal thing. [break][break]

He gets an update with the staff before giving those above another message, still using the TELEPATHY of his Noibat to get the message across as he was not a loud talker {It seems like they won't be able to start the wheel for a bit but for anyone that has big fear of heights I can come up and give you a safe landing I'll try to prioritize those at the top first unless anyone has objections,} Razz communicates as he starts calling on several pokemon that could help in the situation. [break][break]

Waiting to see if there were any objections before he started.

[break][break]

+
[break]+

[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#387bc9; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/XleOo7A.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 17:56:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Great. That was swell. Not only had Howard been rude to a Head Ranger, but Razz was coming up to personally let Howard get down. Lucky him! Not only was he getting a personal visit, he'd likely get personally arrested, personally, tossed into a jail cell, and personally disowned by Team Rocket at the end of it all.

He was personally fucked.

Luckily, he wasn't the highest person on the ferris wheel, so he had time to write a eulogy and will. Howard peeked out the see-through top of the cabin and cursed. He was the highest one up. Just his luck.

"Eheheh... Don't worry, mate!" Howard shouted down at Razz. "Just leave me up here to die, I think I'm actually getting used to the claustrophobia. Feel free to help everyone out first, then just leave me here. I'll be fine! Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu~"

That would definitely keep the Head Ranger at bay. Another brilliant move by Howard. One point to Rocket, zero to the League.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 23:52:55 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

With the mention of claustrophobia and more other riders seemed to panic. One of the rider operators asking the Head Ranger if he could rescue the problematic passenger first as their loud racket was making the others worry more than they needed to. He gives them a quick thumbs up as he ask them to stand back while other pokemon were trying to help some others with a small fireball Razz launches himself up once, then releases another to be as high as the wheel itself. [break][break]

From there Salem is the one who uses his PSYCHIC to allow Razz to land safely onto of the panicking man's cart. The psychic pokemon making sure to keep him steady as he leans over to offer a hand to the odd man. "You're going to be fine alright? You watched as my Meowstic made an easy landing onto here right? It'll be the same," Razz offers not bothering to explain how he got up in the first place.

[break][break]

+
[break]+

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 7:29:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"No, no, no, no!" Howard shouted as Razz launched himself upward. Fucking fireballs? Howard wanted to shoot fireballs! He was totally complaining to upper management when he got a chance. "I said to get everyone else! You can leave me here! It's not so bad! I've done nothing wrong!" That didn't seem to stop the Head Ranger, though. He continued his ascent towards Howard's cart.

Blast, he needed to act fast. He only had a few moments before he was arrested. That was fine. He had seen Brycen-Man: International Police. He could make it out of this! He was a professional! Opening his wallet with frenzied hands, Howard peeked out of the cab. Before Razz or his Pokémon could get a good glimpse at the man, Howard pulled out a card with a red 'R' on it.

How did the people in Kalos say it? 'Bone apple tea'? He'd know this if he wasn't a few seconds away from having a mental breakdown. Howard stuffed the card into his mouth, chewed, and swallowed.

Boom. Evidence gone. Rocket 2, League 0. Howard turned to face Razz as the man reached his location.

"Apologies for my rudeness, mate. Sir. Mr. Head Ranger. I stress easily." Howard's hand was sweaty and clamped Razz's like a vice as he exited the cart. "The fireballs are a nice touch. Theatrical! Do you need to register those as a weapon or are you allowed to use them on annoying carnie goers?"

In Howardese: Can you legally shoot me with no repercussions?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 6:39:11 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Salem can't help but look at the oddly panicky man as he seems to be hiding something, but for now disconcerts it. Only looking at his trainer and meowing something before he seems to sign something along the lines of 'he's craaaazy.' The Head Ranger just sighs a bit at the other, "While your stress is understandable, it is making the other passengers panic more so than they need, so no offense but the sooner we get you off the less your panics will worry them," he lets the other know as he just gestures to others with a nudge of his head. [break][break]

"If you come down easily I"ll answer the fireball question," he offers to the other as a temptation to the other the trick doing just as he wanted as it seemed to grab the other's curiosity to hopefully make this whole thing easier.

[break][break]

+
[break]+

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 6:48:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Of course. Please forgive my outburst, Head Ranger." Howard bowed his head meekly. Man, that card had tasted terrible. He was definitely petitioning for a tastier card, next time. Or perhaps he'd petition for no card at all. If he had to eat a card each time a ranger pulled him over for a ticket, he'd die of indigestion. "I have nerves of bubble wrap. Once they go 'pop', my soul leaves my body."

The main hope, in Howard's mind, was that Razz was used to civilians gawking at him. It wasn't every day that you got escorted away by someone of such caliber. Maybe if he acted cool, he'd get away with a minor warning and a moderately cheap fine.

"You drive a hard bargain." Howard accepted Razz's offer and climbed out of the cart. "I'm not under arrest for beating all the carnival games, right? Just want to make that clear before I get tossed in a prison cell."

Smooth. Real smooth. Acting cool, his ass. Maybe it was best if Razz just arrested Howard and threw him in a cell somewhere. That way, he could at least die of embarrassment in peace. 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 7:10:25 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Other eyes don't matter as when it came to doing a job Razz seemed to have laser focus. So his only goal was to get the other down, so as the man seems to question about being thrown into a cell the younger man just shows a bit of confusion with his one good eye. "I think you're misunderstanding sir," he addresses the older gentleman, "I am not here to arrest anyone, I doubt anyone could really be bothered by a simple 'win streak' nor is that in my jurisdiction," Razz reassures the other as he keeps his hand out for the other to grab.[break][break]

"No one here is going to jailcell...." there is a small pause there as if he has to have a quick thought, "Well not that I'm aware of at least as that would be on Security here, but you're not in trouble with me"

[break][break]

+
[break]+

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 7:43:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Oh thank Arceus. Arceus was good, today. He wasn't under arrest. That meant he didn't need to pay bail! Huzzah!

"You'll have to forgive me, again." Howard dipped his head in apology, though he was silently cheering. "I get skittish around authority, and it leads to me thinking I'm in trouble for things I haven't done. Especially when it's someone as high up the totem pole as you, Head Ranger. Please forgive my rudeness."

Scratching his head sheepishly, Howard applauded himself for a job well done. It was excellent that Razz was such an understanding Ranger who understood the quirks of the people they had sworn to defend. Sure, Howard had fumbled there in the second half, but it didn't matter much. As long as nothing went wrong...

"So, about that fireball trick..."

"Eh?"

Neck creaking, Howard turned to face the security that Razz had mentioned. He quickly began sweating and his voice became a quick stammer. "Ididn'tcheatonanyofthegamestherewereeyewitnessesI'msorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" Howard did a surprisingly quick and dext bow. He actually bowed to Razz. "I'm serious! I'm just really good at Dugtrio Ring Toss! Please let me off with a warning I'll never do it againnnnn!"

Had he even listened to a word Razz had said?

STAMP GET: Mention Dugtrio Ring Toss (Again)

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 7:24:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Its fine, I can relate to such a feeling but know that, at least when it comes to me, I have no intention of punishing people for small things," he offers as a way to reassure the other. Razz taking it on himself to finally take hold of the other as one by one, cart by cart, with Salem's help of course they get closer and closer to the bottom and untraditionally ride the Ferris Wheel down. [break][break]

Though as the land the sight of security seems to spook the civilian and it almost makes Razz jump back in shock at the sudden reaction to authority. Almost makes him wonder if the other really did anything, yet it wasn't like he was going to investigate that far into it. He puts his hand up to try and calm the other, "Guy they're here just to keep an eye on things and assure things go smoothly, no one here cares about your wins and losses," Razz reassures as one of the ride operators holds up a piece of paper. [break][break]

"We got a free ride pass as an apology"

"See ride pass, you're fine unless you actually do try to cause trouble," he informs the other to make this be as seamless as possible. Afterall there were other people he needed to help get.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Ride in the ferris wheel

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 5:11:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Wait, seriously?" Howard looked at Razz and the ride operators suspiciously, then near the nearby bushes, as if he expected there to be a carnival SWAT team ready to take him down. "Y-you're not mad? Plus a free ride? Actually? Truly?""

The ride operator nodded, and Howard snatched the ticket from their grasp and held it reverently, as if it were a golden ticket that was close to vanishing into ether. Howard shuddered at the thought, before placing the voucher in his pocket with a quiet 'thanks...;

He was lucky, in a way. There were a ton of stuck-up ride carnival staff that wanted his head on a pike. He had won far too many games for the carnival to continue to let him play. This Head Ranger was actually pretty chill, which was something the archaeologist appreciated. Most people got drunk on their own power. Razz didn't.

This was just a small thing.

"Well, thank you very much, Head Ranger." Howard bowed, actually bowed, before standing up with a smile and a tip of the hat. "You as well, operator. This was right neighborly of you. Very kind. Very generous. I'm going to spend this right now, as a matter of fact. You can tell me about your fireballs later, Head Ranger!" Howard waved, oblivious of Razz's powers and their origins.

"Enjoy the carnival. Until we meet again!" Howard scampered off to collect his Pokemon, before disappearing. What an odd fellow.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 5:38:06 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Its my job to help both people and pokemon so its little trouble, but just try not losing it next time something bad happens, panic can be contagious," Razz warns as he gives a simple wave good bye to the odd man. Giving a sigh now that was over as he looked up ahead with the people still trapped and Razz called out a few more pokemon as a just in case. [break][break]

"You have enough for the rest of the people here right?" to which the operators just nodded as razz gives a thought, "Mind if I look at the controls? see if I can't help with this thing?" he questions as the carnie lets him seeing how they have no clue how to fix it, he's only been told how to make the thing stop and go. [break][break]

Thankfully, with old work in labs, as well as a Porygon to help look at things internally Razz was able to get the rid up again. Shaking hands with the guy in charge before heading out to work on other things.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Help fix a ride

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 5:16:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: