jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 1:10:31 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]
[attr="class","jacktext"]

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

Jack rolled over with a mighty sigh, turning his back to the morning sunlight glowing through the closed blinds of his apartment window. Watts let out a sleepy yawn before adjusting himself into the newly created space behind his trainer's knees. Bzzt bzzt. Jack closed his eyes and tried to drift back into the dream he had been having; it had something to do with food and women. Bzzt bzzt. Opening his eyes, Jack sighed again and twisted awkwardly with his upper body to search his nightstand for his phone. It vibrated again as he grabbed it, a series of notifications rolling across the screen. Flicking open his e-mails, he read:[break][break]

Ranger Wainwright:[break]
Due to the multiple catastrophic events, we regret the delay in responding to your request. Upon laboratory analysis of the specimen provided (Combee: male), we detected an influx of primal energy previously unseen in this species of pokemon. Subject was unnaturally aggressive, even in isolation. League scientists believe the cause to be the primal energy. You are being assigned to track down the hive location and remove the source of primal energy. Hive location has been sent to your PokeNav.[break]
v/r[break]
Ranger Command
[break][break]

In the tumult of the past year he had forgotten about his last Ranger assignment in Slateport dealing with a swarm of aggressive combee. He winced at the memory; just like , he had left for Galar without a word to his best friend, Zev Harcourt. He hadn't seen him since then. Well, at least Zev won't threaten to punch me for being gone. I'll bring him a bottle of that whiskey, though, just in case, Jack thought to himself, smiling at the thought of seeing his friend again. He glanced at the time on his phone. It was still early and Jack didn't know if Zev had been working overnight at Howl, so he texted the man: u up?

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Beees!

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jacktext b"]color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jacktext i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jackooc"]} .jackpost .jackooc b { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jackooc i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .jackpost .jackooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jackpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 18:29:00 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Early morning light spilling through closed blinds greeted Zev as he walked through the front door of his apartment. The stillness of the hour settled upon the apartment, amplifying the sounds of the door closing shut and locking, of his keys rattling as he hung them up.[break][break]

He was tired, the bags heavy under his eyes, but not because of working overnight at his bar. The suit jacket he slipped off his torso revealed a white dress shirt underneath, stained with drying blood, and a hidden belt of extra ammunition.[break][break]

Left behind on the coffee table, Zev's civilian phone buzzed. He paused while crossing the living room, wondering who was reaching out to him at such an early hour. Perhaps ?[break][break]

But no, the notification displayed a name he hadn't seen in a long time: .[break][break]

Zev's eyebrow arched, surprised. Jack had stopped reaching out to him months ago, though he couldn't pinpoint the exact date. He hadn't cared to follow up, either, so their false friendship had become a thing of the past. Discarded, like all other irrelevant things.[break][break]

However, the simple message of "u up?" suggested that Jack thought differently.[break][break]

Zev contemplated how to answer, then shot back:[break][break]

jack! where've you been, man? i haven't heard from you in ages. i'm up though, why?
[break]

Satisfied with that text, Zev set down his phone and began unclipping the magazines from his ammo belt with practiced ease.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Beees!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 0:50:18 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Watts readjusted himself in the bed, moving to lay his head on Jack's thigh where Jack sat on the edge of the bed watching his phone. Jack alternated between guilt at abandoning his friend without a word and trepidation that the man would just decline to respond or curse him out for ghosting him. Jack's heart leapt as the speech bubble animation appeared on his phone screen to indicate the Zev was responding. He imagined his handsome, for an old guy at least, friend arriving home in his neatly kept work clothes standing in the doorway texting him back as he returned from the bar.[break][break]

The text was already open when his phone vibrated and Jack sat up straighter in bed as his eyes took in the message. Relief flooded him at Zev's genial response and a he could feel his face hurt from how wide his smile had grown. Zev's a true friend, I should have known he wouldn't blow me off no matter how long I had been gone. Excitedly he tapped out a response.[break]

long story but I went back to Hulbury after the disasters in Galar. it was hard to get communications in or out, didn't mean to leave you hanging. can't wait to catch up with you

remember when I got assigned to your combee complaint in slateport last year? just got lab results back and it looks like the weird behavior was traced back to some primal energy in a hive somewhere on rt103. heading out there today if you want to join.

Jack waited a brief moment before adding:
rangers would pay you a bounty and I've got a bottle of that whiskey you like.

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jacktext b"]color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jacktext i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jackooc"]} .jackpost .jackooc b { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jackooc i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .jackpost .jackooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 13:15:48 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev walked into his office, converted from the second bedroom of his apartment. A dozen guns hung on one wall: several pistols, two a semi-automatic rifles, two shotguns, and — in the center — a sniper rifle.[break][break]

A space on the wall with the handguns was empty.[break][break]

At a cabinet in the back corner, Zev stowed away his extra magazines of ammunition. Then he removed a pistol from a concealed holster at his hip, ejected the magazine, and put that away with the others.[break][break]

The handgun he left on a table nearby for later cleaning.[break][break]

Back in the main living area of his apartment, Zev picked up his civilian phone again and read Jack's texts. Mention of the aggressive Combee swarm jogged his memory.[break][break]

He considered Jack's invitation and offer. Payment in money and liquor was nothing to brush off, especially if helping strengthened his connections to the Rangers.[break][break]

Zev texted back:[break][break]

sure! give me 15 minutes and i'll head out. just gonna shower and change.
[break]

In short order, he was out the door, taking the teleport station to Oldale Town and heading to Route 103 by foot from there.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 17:38:59 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

The grass flattened in a circle around them as Poe landed on Route 103 and Jack slid from the corviknight's back. He was tempted to light up a cigarette since smoking was near impossible while flying, but he could see his friend coming up the road from Oldale. A wide grin spread across Jack's face he pulled a bottle of Mount Chimney whiskey from his fashionable, electric-yellow day pack and forced it into Zev's hands. "Hey, thanks for coming! Watts says hi too; he was mad when I told him he couldn't join us," Jack said with an exaggerated wince at leaving the boltund behind.[break][break]

Jack's brow furrowed as a bit of nervousness struck him after going so long with seeing his friend. "Really though, thanks for coming. I know you work late nights and I messaged out of the blue and I've been gone for a while," he rambled. "But I'm really glad you're here," he finished lamely. Feeling a flush of embarrassment beginning to creep up his cheeks, he turned and gestured further up the road.[break][break]

"Definitely the right spot for us though," he said as he gestured. "I couldn't get much closer in the air, but it is definitely like the swarm we dealt with in Slateport."

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 21:20:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev accepted the bottle of whisky with a dimpled grin. His eyes lit up as he read the label. "Hey now, you weren't kidding. I can't wait to try this later," he said.[break][break]

After stowing away the bottle into his own backpack, he turned his full attention to Jack.[break][break]

"It's fine. I do have questions about where the hell you disappeared to and what you've been doing all this time, though," Zev said in a tone that meant he expected answers. "We can walk and talk while we get closer to the swarm—provided we don't spook the Combee."[break][break]

He released a Pokémon he thought might be able to help take care of the aggressive bees: his Ambipom. The monkey was trained in a variety of moves.[break][break]

To Jack, Zev smiled and said, "Lead the way, Ranger."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 17:59:31 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

That's just like Zev to be so concerned about where Jack had been. For what must have been the hundredth time today, Jack felt grateful to have such a caring friend. Even still, Jack wasn't sure how to respond until he opened his mouth and blurted out, "I was trying to help out in Galar and my parents are dead." Like a dam breaking, the words flooded out of Jack in a torrent as they walked: the uncertainty of leaving Hoenn when the dome disappeared, the chaos of his homeland after the Necrozma attacks and his missing parents, the constant fear even though he stayed to help others in their time of need, the continual ache to contact his friends back in Hoenn while communications systems were down across Galar, and the time he thought he lost Watts when a burning apartment building collapsed on them while they were evacuating residents.[break][break]

"I think Watts is proud of the burn scar, though. I know he can't wait to show Luna," Jack finished, somewhat lamely. "But what about you? Things weren't great here when I left, have you been okay?"[break][break]

Even as he talked, Jack scanned the sky for any sign that the combee swam had taken notice of them. Just like in Slateport, the swam was aggressive but kept mainly to the air. Still, a dead tauros surrounded by the crushed bodies of several combee was visible at the edge of the pavement near them. If they didn't resolve the issue soon, the route would be impassable to travelers or commerce soon. The continuous buzz of the tiny bee pokemon seemed to fill his chest as he waited for his friend's response.

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 1:01:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev listened as Jack recounted what had happened and where he'd been during the last several months. Remaining silent, he made sure to adopt an expression that was a mix of concerned, amazed, and sad. Difficult to do, but made easier by the fact both men were keeping their eyes forward, watching for Combee.[break][break]

"I don't know what to say except I'm sorry," Zev said after Jack ended his tale. "I can't imagine what that was like."[break][break]

He paused for a moment, considering what to tell the other man about Hoenn's recent events.[break][break]

"Here, things have been okay. Strange rifts to other worlds have opened up, and there was some fighting at Dewford Town in the spring. But the bar is doing all right, and my girlfriend and I are healthy and safe."[break][break]

Zev fell silent at the sight of the corpses. He stared at the gruesome scene for a moment, then lifted his eyes to scan the area ahead of them.[break][break]

"They're that way?" he asked Jack, referring to the swarm as he gestured toward a grove of trees.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 2:04:52 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Giving the group of corpses a width berth, Jack stepped from the roadway and veered off through the tall grass toward the trees. "Girlfriend, eh?" Jack asked with a waggle of his eyebrows, "I can't wait to meet her. She must be some woman to have captured such an eligible bachelor!" He attempted to keep a joking tone though his teeth were almost vibrating with the buzzing drone of the combee overhead.[break][break]

The grove of trees seemed to shimmer as they approached and once they were close enough, Jack saw that a hive had been built within the grove. The trees formed a dense outer perimeter, like a fortress wall, with the waxy walls of the hive filling the gaps between them. Crouched low, Jack motioned for his companion to stop. "We'll need to make a run for it from here unless we plan to fight off a thousand of them. Poe can cover us from the air and once we are inside, he can seal the door so we won't need to worry about extra attendees at the party," Jack gestured to the hexagonal opening in the waxy surface between two broad trees as he yelled over the deep buzz of the pokemon.[break][break]

The corviknight launched into the air as Jack burst to his feet from where they had been crouching. He could feel the moment they were noticed by the combee; the buzzing drone of the pokemon deepened into an angry thrum and the sky seemed to undulate as hundred of individuals turned with one mind to defend their hive. Jack pumped his arms and legs hard as he sprinted toward the entry to the hive and he could hear stingers pinging off of Poe's metallic feathers directly over head. As the dark opening of the hive loomed ahead, he dove in without hesitation and called out for Poe's steel wing. He felt the corviknight's wings slice through the air as he spread them like a metal shield over the entryway, leaving them in the deep twilight gloom of the hive.

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 3:42:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev grinned at Jack's joke, but quickly grew serious as they crouched in the tall grass within sight of the hive's opening. The sheer size of the structure astounded him; he'd never heard of insect Pokémon making such huge homes before.[break][break]

"Got it. Ambipom will come inside with us, then," he said once Jack explained the plan.[break][break]

And then they were off, racing toward the hexagonal entrance. Zev kept his eyes trained on the opening, trusting that their Pokémon would defend them from any Combee that flew near. In fact, Ambipom did just that, bringing down several with AERIAL ACE and SWIFT.[break][break]

Finally, they rushed into the hive. Steel feathers covered the door behind them. For a moment, they stood in the entryway, catching their breaths.[break][break]

"Careful," Zev warned both Jack and Ambipom as he stepped deeper into the hive.[break][break]

Cells packed with honey and eggs covered the walls, too many to count. Thick veins of wax wound across the ground, a tripping hazard. They all gathered at the back of the enormous structure, where they rose in columns toward the ceiling.[break][break]

And there, resting atop a half-formed wall of honeycomb was a Vespiquen—the mother of the hive. A large, red gem glittered in the center of her forehead, looking as if it had broken off from a much larger object.[break][break]

She screeched at the intruders and attacked.[break][break]

To be continued…

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Misbeehavior [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 0:00:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: