Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 19:34:37 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Once more, Zev made his way to the Ancient Tomb on Route 120 and descended into its dark depths. His previous foray had been interrupted by the Pokémon League's Top Champion and a hostile Glimmora. This time, however, he moved through the tunnels illuminated by Tera crystals with a quieter Pokémon at this side: his Espeon.[break][break]

After some walking, he reached a dead end. The chamber was enormous, every inch of its walls and ceiling covered with glittering shards. They even littered the floor, forcing Zev to take care where he was stepping.[break][break]

Crouching by a cluster of them, he tugged on a crystal to see how easily he could dislodge it from the rock. It didn't budge.[break][break]

Thankfully, he'd brought another Pokémon with him who could handle the job of excavating with ease. A flash of light preceded the emergence of his Excadrill from a Pokéball.[break][break]

"DIG here," Zev instructed, keeping his voice low. "Work slowly but steadily. We don't want to cause a cave-in."[break][break]

His Pokémon nodded and got to work.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 2:34:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
going alone was the option kyle had preferred. his last attempt was interrupted by a passerby, and fate makes sure that it happens again.

"this is a fun coincidence."

his voice was low, but it's enough to echo through the cavern walls and carry themselves to zev's direction. he approaches him with a lazy wave, his mightyena following after him with soft steps and a wagging tail.

"it took rayqauza to make a get out of the one from the meteno meteor. i don't think you can do it with excadrill."

if trends were followed, then these crystals were indeed as deeply rooted as they were at the meteor. veins would be as huge as the large formations jutting out of the ground, and without enormous strength, kyle doubts any attempt would work.

he wasn't here to mine for them, but he figured a civilian like zev try.

"you know, i want to say i'm surprised to see you here, but i'm not." he makes a quick quip, finding it easy to connect despite it only being their second or third apparent meeting.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:02:48 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Kyle's familiar voice (why was it so familiar?) drew Zev's attention away from his Excadrill's futile attempt at digging out the crystal. He allowed genuine surprise to bloom on his face, even as he smiled and waved back.[break][break]

"Kyle, funny seeing you here again," he said.[break][break]

The revelation about Rayquaza and the meteoroid would have been news if Zev had not already read about it in Team Rocket's reports.[break][break]

"Rayquaza? Like… the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza?" he asked instead, feigning disbelief. It wasn't difficult. Surprise was only a short step away. "Damn, I thought that was just a rumor."[break][break]

The Excadrill stopped his work, shook his head, and heaved a sigh.[break][break]

"You did your best," Zev reassured his Pokémon before recalling him into a Pokéball. Turning back to Kyle, he asked, "So what brings you down here this time?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 3:51:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
while kyle manages to stop the extraction, progress, albeit a little, has already been made.

the mist seeps from a tiny crack from the ground. it was negligible at first, with how small the only escape it has from the earth, but everything piles up when left unrestricted.

"i wanted a clean sweep of the place," he answers, "i haven't reached the furthest part yet since i kept running into dead ends."

his mightyena was there for a reason, as kyle opts for marking tunnels with scents instead of visible marks.

"have you mapped the entire place out or are you just, you know, trying things out."

being curious about the crystals was a natural thing. as things progress on hoenn, kyle finds it more and more normal for civilians to worry themselves with public safety risks that he doesn't even bother questioning zev's motivations.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 22:15:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev was not surprised by Kyle's answer; it made sense that the Top Champion was busy doing this kind of work, as the security of the region was surely one of his responsibilities.[break][break]

"Maybe there isn't a farthest part," Zev mused aloud, turning to look around the cavern again. "Maybe this is it."[break][break]

Slowly, the space around the men and their Pokémon filled with pink mist—not enough to alert them to its presence right away.[break][break]

Zev turned back to regard Kyle. "Well, when you tried Terastallizing your Poochyena the last time we ran into each other, it got me wondering if we could take these Tera crystals out of the ground.[break][break]

"Like I said before, I don't have any Pokémon that can Terastallize, since the Orbs are pretty expensive, but maybe it won't matter if I get a crystal from here." He shrugged. "That was my thought process, anyway."[break][break]

A cry from his Espeon drew Zev's attention to the ground, and to the mist that had started to curl around their ankles. It took all of his willpower not to react the way a Rocket Beast would, with immediate alarm and recognition.[break][break]

Instead, he forced a curious expression and crouched down next to his Pokémon. "What is this?" he asked, waving a hand through the Interdream mist.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 3:46:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with his mightyena seemingly locking its eyes on zev, and unable to stop the wagging of its tail, it was the rocket's espeon that realizes the conundrum they are at.

"oh, interdream mist," kyle nonchalantly responds. "it kinda materializes whatever you dream off."

kyle questions himself if he should run away now or not. he does wonder if the mental state of the mist's victims change the outcome, and if panic does exactly what one would assume it would do to someone's imagination.

he decides to stay, with the pessimist in him telling him that his actions won't matter.

"do you dream of the past, or are yours more like fantasies that come out based on the media you take in?" he asks zev.

he does dream, but kyle's were nonsensical in nature. it's an amalgamation of all things video game, movie, anime and monstrosities he faces in the real world. most of the time, he finds them fun.

zev, on the other hand, probably was a normal, adjusted citizen of hoenn. it does entail that he might have some deep-seated tragic backstory of some sort like most of them, so kyle isn't sure which one would be better.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:15:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Crouched beside his Espeon, Zev considered the best answer to Kyle's question. "I don't really dream," he said at last. "Or if I do, then I don't remember."[break][break]

In truth, he sometimes dreamed of his past, a childhood he preferred to forget. They weren't nightmares, just disdainful reminders of his origin. Otherwise, they were nonsensical fantasies like Kyle said.[break][break]

Thankfully, neither played out that day in that cavernous chamber. Instead, a Pokémon materialized in the mist: a Brute Bonnet. Zev had seen it before in photographs and images, but never in real life.[break][break]

"What the fuck is that thing?" he asked, standing up, remembering to look bewildered.[break][break]

The Paradox Pokémon did not give him and Kyle time to chitchat. Bellowing, it released a cloud of STUN SPORES in their direction.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 10:29:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
magic bounce or synchronize. either way, the espeon was the best shield for the attack.

kyle pulls the mightyena by its tail before it lunges forward. unfortunately, the espeon wasn't a large enough wall to block all the spores and the rest flies past the psychic-type.

"oh, right, this isn't a game."

the stun spore locks up kyle's joints as he freezes in place. his pokemon remains with its trainer, circling the champion while keeping an eye on the brute bonnet.

"a paradox pokemon. that's what they call all the weird pokemon from the mist," he answers despite the situation. "it looks like an amoonguss, but it doesn't necessarily share its typing."

he would act, but he's uncertain on how zev reacts to the situation. while he thinks of the best solution with the dilemma he's currently in, time becomes a concept he forgets to get conscious about.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 22:22:17 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

MAGIC BOUNCE successfully deflected the paralyzing spores from falling upon Zev, but Kyle was not spared. He stared, shocked, at the rigid Champion even as Kyle calmly explained the creature that faced them.[break][break]

"A Paradox Pokémon?" Zev echoed, regarding the Brute Bonnet once more. "It has to be a Grass-type at least, right?"[break][break]

Kyle couldn't act, and his Mightyena wasn't engaging on his own. Even though Zev was pretending to be a civilian, he wasn't going to wait until the Champion or his Pokémon could take the lead. That would be suicide.[break][break]

At least he could say he was protecting his new acquaintance.[break][break]

"Uh, well, Espeon! Try hitting it with HYPER VOICE!"[break][break]

The Espeon obeyed, opening her mouth and letting loose a terrible scream. The Brute Bonnet staggered backward under the assault.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 16:50:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
although he couldn't move, at least his jaw wasn't locking up. talking starts to get more difficult, but he manages to air out a three-note whistle of varying pitches.

the brute bonnet counters with a payback at the espeon, but with the mightyena already closing in for its attack, it inadvertently intercepts the aggression.

ice fang meets the attack, encasing one of the paradox pokemon's appendages with ice before getting thrown off by the move.

a two versus one seemed doable, but not when time starts to go against them. footsteps and cries of strange pokemon start to be heard from deeper into the network of tunnels, warning them that the brute bonnet wasn't alone.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 21:39:50 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev heard it too: approaching footsteps and cries of other Pokémon. Even when he was not pretending to be a civilian, fighting several Paradox Pokémon at once was a challenge.[break][break]

So he did what he thought was best: he grabbed the paralyzed Kyle and hauled him bodily in the other direction.[break][break]

"Keep them away from us!" Zev said to his Espeon and Kyle's Mightyena, unsure if the latter would listen to him. But he had no time to consider an alternative. More Brute Bonnets appeared from other entrances to the cavern.[break][break]

At least his Espeon cast REFLECT to ward off the attacks coming at them. It bought them some time as Zev raced toward safety, carrying the Top Champion fireman-style over his shoulder.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Magnetic [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 0:15:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: