6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ride Into Legend [S][CARNIVAL][C/Amor]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 16:16:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Though it was one of the least thrilling on the property, the legendary Pokémon carousel was by far Josh's favorite atraction at the venue. Having just finished his final run of his own attraction on the penultimate day of the carnival, he made a beeline for the beautiful showcase of sculptures of legendary Pokémon of all kinds and took a seat on the Raikou. Though they couldn't see one another, Raikiri was having a good time, too, seated on the Solgaleo on the other side. Photos of the Mauville Gym Leader on the electric tiger would likely circulate all over the AmiGo platform, given how well-documented his love of Raikou was. His Gym was living evidence of that.

Once he was prompted to slide off Raikou, Josh did so, joining his Zeraora who was already at the back of the line. There were so many other divine Pokémon he wanted to fantasize about controlling. As blasphemous as it would be to ask Kyle for a flight on the Great One, "soaring" on Ho-oh sounded fun! He kept his eyes on the rainbow bird's position in an effort to beat other riders to it when given the chance.

{WC: 200}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 22:18:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Everyone had their favorite legendary, for their own reasons. Amor didn't know if his counted as a 'favorite' in the same way. From a young age he had been taught that it was right to worship the God of Time. His families patron deity, the one that they had always worshipped to some extent, however that changed after a day. Was it still the one he wanted? If anything he wanted Regidrago, it was at least feasible at this moment....Shaking his head he slipped onto the carousel. It wasn't a particular legendary that he had chosen, but he found himself on Volcanion.

His thoughts went back to the one that he had found in the Mechanical Kingdom, the one who was slowly killing himself in pursuit of his Princess....A Knight standing tall in a bleak, and hopeless situation....Amor needed to go back to that place as soon as possible. Then the ride ended, and in his thoughts he slipped off easily not paying attention as he bumped into someone.

"My apologies...." He stated to the stranger before recognizing their face. "Mr. Devlin....I did not expect to see you here." Amor remained cordial after all only knew that Amor knew what this man in front of him had done. No need to cause a scene. "How are things?" His usual charming smile on his lips, but it was a lie.

TLDR
Ride a carnival ride stamp earned!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:36:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The abrupt run-in took Josh by surprise as well as the line moved forward. It seemed he would have his choice of legendary partner for his next run. "Oh, your face looks so familiar! But I can't quite put a name to it..." he replied, struggling to come up with the solution. Embarrassed he couldn't remember, he shifted his eyes away from the familiar face before turning them back toward the Head Scientist. "About as good as can be. Mauville Gym's been routine and quiet since April."

As the carousel reached peak speed for the group in front of Josh, he and his Zeraora, which Amor may have been surprised to see walking upright, kept their eyes open for their desired legendary steeds. "This is my favorite attraction on the entire property. I've been coming here at least once every day I make it out here and am not bushed by running my own attraction. I'm glad this afternoon was the last time slot!" He committed the position of the Ho-oh to memory. "I'm actually going for another run, and I want the Ho-oh this time. Whoever came up with the idea of a legendary Pokémon carousel gets props from me. It's such a cool idea. Who wouldn't want to ride a legendary Pokémon?"

{WC: 216}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 18:01:25 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He supposed he wouldn't be remembered, after all over half of their interactions had been when he was in his Seraphim disguise. It was only natural, but Amor took out his badge case, and showed him the badge he had won from him a while ago.

"I was just one of your many challengers. It was a good battle." He stated simply noting the Zeraora that the man now contained, wondering how it would measure up to his own. Of course Amor figured his would win, but he wouldn't say that out loud. "It is a neat idea, I was going to go again myself. Hmmm perhaps I'll choose Suicuine." As he said it, he hopped on the ride when it came back around, and took up his mount. Despite the conversation his mind was faraway at the moment.

He had a million things to do, and not enough time to do them.

"So have you had any promising trainers lately? I'm sure your Gym must be awash with people wanting to battle a Mythical Pokemon."

TLDR
Ride the Merry-Go-Round Stamp earned!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 4:00:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The mention of the Gym Challenge jostled Josh's memory. "Right. Amor, if I remember? It was a good match. I remember it now. How's your Champion Assessment going?" He asked, naively assuming the Badge holder had started one. The Zeraora, wanting to hop on something unique, eyed the giant and adorable looking Mew whose arms were outstretched, the most heartwarming expression on the statue's face. "Suicune's a great pick! Looks like we'll get our choices pretty easily."

Thankfully, the trio of Beasts and Ho-oh were relatively close to one another. They would have ample time to chat before the ride reached full speed. "Flying on the real one would have to be so relaxing, too," he speculated as the fire-type bobbed up and down, simulating flight. Raikiri was on the opposite side of the carousel, out of sight of both the trainers. "Not as many as you think," Josh answered. "You see, one of the conditions of battling Raikiri for a Gym Badge is you have to have a legendary or mythical Pokémon of your own. Not many have them. My dream is still to have Raikou represent my Gym in that way, but Raikiri is as close as I'm going to get. Raikou inspired the name I chose for him, too."

Once they hit full speed, Josh let out a whoop, closing his eyes and imagining himself flying on the real Ho-oh with , the Emergent. Of course, that was a fantasy he would never want to cross over into the real world; in his mind, no one had the right to use the Great One as a mere beast of burden.

{WC: 274}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 21:01:35 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He listened to the man speak about the special rules regarding his Zeraora, and he nodded. That wouldn't be a rule if Amor was a Gym Leader, since the test was to see how strong you were, he'd come out full force against any opponent. In that way he was similar to . That had been his latest conquest, and he still remembered the shambles they had left the arena in between their two dragons.

"My assessment hasn't started yet I'm still short two badges at the moment....The other Gyms are currently booked up so I'm having to be a bit patient for the moment." He stated perhaps a bit frustrated that he was going to have to wait longer, but that was life. Sometimes it required patience, but that is when the ride began to slow down, and the lights began to dim, and Amor frowned. Looking over at the operator as the ride came to a slow halt, he heard the man cursing under his breath.

"Is something wrong?" He asked curiously.

"Darn thing is powering down for some reason, and I don't know why." The man expressed, and so Amor rolled up his sleeves.

"Allow me to take a look...." This was after all in his wheelhouse, and he didn't want the ride to stay broker for longer than necessary, and so Amor began to fix the issues of the ride.

TLDR
Fix a ride stamp earned!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 23:29:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's perspective was completely different. Being a Gym Leader wasn't about crushing opponents in battle. To him, it was about testing trainers to overcome a specific skillset. If he used Raikiri in every battle, there was no way reasonable challengers would win. The League had once asked him to tone down the difficulty of his racing challenge because not enough people were succeeding at it. Now if he were Elite Four, that would be a totally different story; there would be not one shred of mercy for any challenger. He wasn't going to even try for it, though; he loved Mauville Gym too much to give it up. "Don't miss that at all. I've got Mauville Gym to the point where I can handle my challenger volume and there's very little wait time."

When Amor returned after fixing the technical issues, Josh was impressed. "Didn't know you were a carnival tech, too," he said, unable to slide down from his Ho-oh steed stuck at the top of its flight cycle. Once everyone was in position, the ride got up to speed again. When the Ho-oh accelerated back to full speed, he closed his eyes again, daydreaming of flying on the rainbow phoenix again. He wondered how fast of a dive the Great One was capable of...

{WC: 216}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:45:12 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Carnival tech? No, I'm just good at this sort of thing, may as well use it so some other people can get enjoyment out of it." He explains to the Gym Leader, and after fiddling around for a few more minutes, the ride powers back on, and all is right with the world. Stepping back to enjoy his handy work as everyone enjoyed the ride until it was over. Though by the time everyone was disembarking, Amor had gone to grab a snack. Well he called it a snack, but it was just diabetes on a stick, though he figured he may as well enjoy it while he could. So he took a bite out of the caramel apple, and wiped up any mess that might have appeared.

When everyone was getting off the ride he waved over, and held out another candy apple for him.

"Figured might as well explore a bit together, and if I get sick someone has to come with me." He smiled at the man easily.

TLDR
Enjoy a carnival treat stamp earned!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 2:53:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh loved his experience on the Ho-oh statue; while it wasn't a blistering fast Pokémon like the ones he enjoyed being atop, the Great One had to be a relaxing ride. He hoped to never get that confirmation, though; if he were riding Ho-oh with Kyle, it would be in a life-and-death situation. Raikiri slid off his own legendary ride, meeting up with Josh and Amor to look around elsewhere.

"Thanks, Amor," Josh replied, gratefully taking the offered candy apple and taking a bite out of it. "Of course! I know my way around the carnival from working my own attraction. I don't run it every day, but it's very similar to a carousel, except the Pokémon are real. I let people hop on my gym's Pokémon along a preset path. It's been great for business, and it's had people become interested in the academy, too. Classes might be a bit big in the fall."

Once he had taken several bites out of it, he nodded in response to the man's request. "You feel like more riding or something more like a game of skill? The Rayquaza rollercoaster gets really fast, and there are plenty of competitive contests, too, like the obstacle course."

{WC: 206
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 19:18:29 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

At the mention of an obstacle Amor's interest was piqued immediately, and he look over at the other man.

"The obstacle course....I would like to do that if it's possible." He stated simply, it would seem that he had a bit of a competitive streak in him even outside of battling. It was perhaps his greatest strength, and fault. It was why he had been graded so poorly in his Spectra trial. Well it was entirely poor, but they chastised him for playing by the rules for so long, instead of going for the win right away. It was an issue, Amor wanted to fight to get stronger, and just winning out the gate defeated that purpose.

"Is there some sort of leaderboard, or scoreboard for finishing it the quickest?" Amor knew that there probably wouldn't be, but the thought of being recognized as one of the best was appealing. Though he could probably go ride the Tauros Machine if he wanted infamy quickly, since it was a popular attraction. It would probably be easier as well.

TLDR
Mention Taurus Rodeo Game stamp earned!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 5:16:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Sure! Let's head that way!" Finding room to do so, Josh released Raikiri from his Poké Ball and hopped on, the saddled Zeraora's presence perhaps reminding Amor of the time he battled against and , putting them in a tight spot to save the Gym Leader's life. "It's a bit of a trip there, so I figured I'd save my own strength and let Raikiri here stretch." The thundercat was friendly as could be around Amor, keeping pace with the researcher as they made their way to the course.

The line wasn't too long, giving Josh barely enough time to explain the ins and outs of the attraction. "Yep, there are! There's a daily leaderboard and a carnival-long leaderboard for all three courses. The C course is the easiest, and the A course is the hardest. The only one I've done is the B course. Those walls you have to climb over using that knotted rope have been the end of me every time, but the rest of it isn't too bad." He remembered those all too well from when made a fool out of him earlier.

{WC: 189}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 4:29:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: