twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
A Look Into Distortion [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 7:59:54 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon's entry into the Distortion world came from a man made Rocket rift that had lead to somewhere unknown, with the scientist having the honors of testing out where it went beforehand. To her, it could either lead to someplace horrible and have her miles away from Rocket contact, or provide a nice little break from the mountains of paperwork waiting for her back at her desk. SO far, it was seeming to be the latter as she came through with everything upside down.

Or rather, after a precursory glance around, that she was, in fact, upside down. "Magnificent..." she said to herself, exploring around while the walls shifted around. Any normal logic was gone, and the reality of this world was something else entirely. She continued to wander around the pathway, lost amidst a world without rules.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 15:36:07 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The rift had appeared without warning atop the cliffs in Sootopolis. Team Rocket sent its scientists to investigate the rift itself, and for a few days they had camped outside it, gathering data. Finally, when it had been time to enter the rift itself, had volunteered…[break][break]

…and then a request had come to the Beasts for someone to accompany her, for her protection. Zev, curious about what risks might lie in the world beyond, had agreed.[break][break]

Upon entering the new realm, he stared, confused by what was in front of them. He and Soyeon seemed to be inside a building, except everything was upside down.[break][break]

And then he noticed that his tie had fallen around his face, which is when he realized they were upside down.[break][break]

"What is this place?" he asked as he followed Soyeon past shifting walls and melting stairs. His Type: Null walked alongside them, eyes scanning for danger. "It's not like any of the Ultra Wilds locations I've seen before or read in reports."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 5:44:38 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"Out here!" Soyeon called back as she came back inside of the build. "I'm not too sure myself." she replied, busy walking back towards Zev as she'd continued trying to not let the flipping of her perspective interfere too much with her navigation. "I don't want to generalize this world, but it does remind me slightly of some kind of mirror version of our world. As you can see, things aren't what they seem." They walked along the staircase that led towards another upside down platform that surrounded chunks of lands floating around. It almost resembled two smaller planets had it not been for the geological anomalies surrounding them.

"It's as if the world took every law in existence and just blended them all together." A strange crumbling sound came from behind them as the scientist turned around. Behind them, the wormhole they had come into would suddenly blip out of existence. It was just gone, as if somebody had just turned off the power. That wasn't a good sign in her book. Slightly worried, she looked to the Underboss with a frown. "W-We have a way of turning it back on, right? Just so we're not stuck here. Please say yes..."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 14:28:51 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev frowned at Soyeon's stammered question. "I'm not one of the scientists who's been studying it these past few days," he pointed out. "But if an exit doesn't open up, we'll just make one."[break][break]

The disappearance of the entrance was certainly disconcerting, but the Beast had full confidence they would be able to return one way or another. He turned his attention back to the unnatural landscape surrounding them. The floating chunks of rock reminded him of the floating islands in the Border.[break][break]

"So you're the Ultra Space expert from Kalos."[break][break]

It wasn't a question. Zev had read Soyeon's file before accompanying her into the rift. A promising young mind, she had only been able to graduate in studies of astronomy and physics thanks to Team Rocket's meddling.[break][break]

"How are you adjusting to working for our syndicate?" he asked. Though he didn't care on a personal level, one of his responsibilities as a Beast was assessing grunts, their capabilities, and their chance of defection.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 21:21:47 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Well, this was turning pear shaped fast. Soyeon felt her heart sink into the pits of her stomach as Zev confirmed that he didn't even know how to reactivate their entrance and exit into this strange new world. It didn't spell well for their way home, but Soyeon just frowned at him mentioning that they could make a way out.

"You make it sound like its as easy as that…" Soyeon said under her breath, trying to rack her head around what they could do to make a tear in the world that could lead out of this world and back into theirs. It couldn't be as hard as she had thought, could it? The scientist had begun pacing about when Zev had mentioned her background. It surprised her that somebody cared enough to look into her education, though considering it was Rocket, not out of the question.

"Y-Yes, that's me. Dr. Kwan." Soyeon answered, turning to face him. That sentence didn't exactly fare well for niceties that were coming forward after. "It's been a…"unique" experience for certain. I've met a lot of interesting people. Threatened by others. B-But my research is being put to good use."

She hoped he hadn't read the portion about her cooperation being due solely because of her parents being threatened by Rocket and that that her superiors had suspected her of defection.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 22:36:48 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Neither Zev nor Soyeon were going to learn more about this new realm by pacing in one spot, so he started down a set of melting stairs as she answered his question. His steps were slow, careful; he didn't want to find out what would happen if he slipped and fell.[break][break]

"What exactly is the nature of your research?" Zev asked. Then, remembering scientists' penchant for overloading laypeople with information and jargon, he added, "In simple terms."[break][break]

The landscape changed around them as they walked. The sky's hue shifted between various colors: magenta, chartreuse, cyan, gray. At the bottom of the stairs, stone gave way to checker-patterned moss.[break][break]

In the distance, trees burned with purple flame, and rain pattered sideways against a floating formation that glittered like gemstones.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 17:32:58 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon's demeanor changed a little when Zev asked about what it was that she was studying specifically. He could see that faint glimmer of expertise that the woman had cultivated over the years in a single eye. "Oh, well, I-" She began, ready to lecture Zev about the several different theories surrounding Ultra Space and the Megaopoleons that resided within, but was unfortunately cut off with a request to keep it simple and concise. The stipulation had left Soyeon a little let down but fully understood.

"Er, simply put, my research is in regards to theories about harnessing power sources inside of Ultra Space, as well as the differences in genetic make-up between humans in Hoenn and those who reside in Ultra Space. Although recently, I've undertaken some independent studies."

Soyeon thought back to a couple of the other assignments and research things she wished to delve into further away from Rocket's eyes when she had the chance. She thought back to and his materials brought back from Ultra Space that they had met previously over. She had, however, not made this meeting or the contents known to Rocket out of respect to Callan. She worried if somebody would find out eventually, especially more so that Zex was currently inquiring about her work.

She tensed up out of habit as they made their way through the distorted world together. The rules of nature had been thrown awry, as sideways rain struck some chunk of earth floating around. Staircases all around them went every which way. Yet they still felt as if they were walking so normally. Had Soyeon not been on edge from working alongside a Rocket, she would have easily gushed about the phenomenon. Her eyes went to Zev every now and again, then back to their surroundings.

"Ah-I don't believe I'm…familiar with your line of work. What do you work at in Rocket?"

[/blockquote
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 13:35:44 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev had no interest in the genetic difference between humans and Megalopolans. Soyeon's mention of power sources within Ultra Space, however, earned her a curious tilt of his head.[break][break]

"I have a personal interest in Ultra Space, but I'm not a scientist," he said as they passed more and more anomalies of the strange, unfamiliar realm.[break][break]

"I want to know if there's a way to capture and analyze readings of infinity energy levels in Ultra Space. Do you think that's possible?"[break][break]

And of course, the underlying question: whether Soyeon was a person he could depend upon to help him with this endeavor.[break][break]

At her question, he arched an eyebrow. "I'm a Beast in our syndicate's ranks. That means I am one of a few people who lead our combat operations. I also provide security, assassinate key opponents, train grunts, and hunt defectors."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 19:48:12 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
That was an interesting theory that Zev did put forward. Infinity Energy inside of Ultra Space was no doubt different from that of what was in their world. So it only gained her interest even more. "It should be possible, albeit needing to learn as we go. If the reading of base Infinity Energy of Pokémon are anything to go off of, some variables should be present." Soyeon said that mentally chided herself for starting to nerd out again. She really should work on that.

"Sorry, in simple terms, there will likely be differences in the Infinity Energy gathered in Ultra Space and here, but it should be possible. Although I can't imagine that it will be easy to harvest given how some of the Ultra Beasts are. I wouldn't go picking a fight with a Guzzlord, for example."

Her heart sank into her chest at Zev saying he hunted defectors down. Just the very person that she was trying to avoid. Defection had crossed her mind but because of her parents, she had only stayed to keep them safe. "Ah, you must have extremely busy days then. N-Not about the hunting defectors part…" she mused, though anxiously laughing to herself. "I've been meaning to, er, think about moving up in the labs, but I wouldn't know where to go. There's requests for people to study the Tera crystals, but I'm no geologist. I do enjoy Ultra Space studies and the topics, but I need to keep busy lately and there's not really anything interesting as of late."

They continued to wander down the lopsided path before them as the rules of logic continued to be thrown aside willy nilly. The talk had patterned off as a thought crossed her mind. She was curious about the topic of Shadow Pokémon having spoken with it to . Maybe Zev knew something about it given his tenure with Rocket. "I was curious though. Do you know anything about Shadow Pokémon, sir?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 1:35:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev listened closely to Soyeon's explanation, frowning at her mention of 'harvesting'. "So we would have to visit the various pockets of Ultra Space we have access to—the Wilds—in order to gather Infinity Energy readings from there?" he mused aloud.[break][break]

While he had no qualms traveling through the rifts and braving those untamed worlds, something he'd done many times at that point, his goal was not to capture data in brief windows of time.[break][break]

Turning to the scientist once more, Zev asked, "Is there no way to set up a machine here that can be constantly recording those readings?"[break][break]

He paused, momentarily taken aback by her sudden rambling about other studies: Terastallization and Shadow Pokémon.[break][break]

"I know a little about Shadow Pokémon," he said, "but their numbers dwindle, and we have no way to make more. Some say it might not be the smartest idea to make more," he added, his expression turning grim.[break][break]

And then it eased again into cold indifference. "If you're dead set on studying something other than Ultra Space, however, I'll find someone else to assist me."[break][break]

Without warning, a rip in the fabric of space-time opened to their right, revealing the top of the cliffs of Sootopolis. A pleased satisfaction filled Zev at the confirmation he'd been right. "We should leave now, before this closes again."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 4:39:25 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Zev did have a point. Getting readings in brief windows of time wouldn't be too worthwhile to do so, especially for what he likely had planned. The man asked about a way to get constant reading, making Soyeon pause to consider it. She pursed her lips in thought, before slowly nodding her head. "It is possible, but it would need to be able to connect to the machine recording them which shouldn't be an issue. What worries me is if they're plainly visible, somebody or something is going to try and mess with it or unhook it. So camouflage or discreetness would be a majority priority."

His answer about Shadow Pokémon had gone about as well as Soyeon thought it would. It was telling that even a fellow Rocket wasn't entirely sure as Gavin was when she had met him and shown her the type of Pokémon. Before he could arose suspicion as to what the change of topic was for, the scientist was already on covering her ass. "It was just curiosity was all.. Ah-A certain somebody told me about a machine that could create them that was broken. I had never heard of them before and wanted to learn more is all. I have no plans on thinking about that machine." Hopefully that would be good enough to excuse her.

"N-Not at all! It would be my pleasure to, ah, assist you...sir!" She fumbled her way back into Zev's good graces, displaying an insistence at wanting to help him in his goal in infinity energy and the ways to harness it. If anything, it would be a welcome distraction from her usual assignments. Not to mention the uses it could have to benefit humanity as a whole, in the event something did stick out. "Please, let me know if I can help in anyway."

But then, another tear in space time had opened up in front of them, Soyeon recognized the environment anywhere, Sootopolis. Zev was right, they'd find some other way out of this strange little pocket dimension. "Agreed. We can talk more out of here." Soyeon jumped through the tear and onto bigger and better things.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 12:52:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Soyeon's concern about any machine's security was valid. Zev pursed his lips in thought, then spoke up again.[break][break]

"Instead of setting up a device in the Ultra Wilds themselves, would it be possible to set up a machine here in Sootopolis that's powerful enough to read Ultra Space from our world?"[break][break]

They stepped through the portal back to Sootopolis. A cool breeze ruffled Zev's hair, accompanied by the distinct, inherent sense of rightness now that he was back in a world that abided by the laws of physics.[break][break]

"Think about my suggestion and get back to me when you have some ideas," he said to Soyeon.[break][break]

His eyes flickered to the other scientists, who were approaching to speak with her. "For now, it sounds like you have a lot on your hands with the data we've gathered."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:22:51 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: