She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
487 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 19:24:07 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Mister Josh," Robin greeted as she caught the man outside the gym, "could I interest you in a stroll?" She used to be nervous speaking to such illustrious figures of Hoenn, but she wasn't here as a Hoennite -- she was here as a Ranger. "I had some questions about your city and your experience as a leader. It's, ah, kind of a piece of Ranger homework." She grinned at him, hoping to make the most of his likely fleeting free time.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 7:33:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a late afternoon in Mauville City, Josh having just finished a volunteer shift at a local thrift store on the southeast side. He would be so relieved when he had logged his 3,000 community service hours to make his Champion Assessment meaningful again. He still had a long ways to go, particularly now that he had to juggle his Gym Leader duties with the menial labor.

After finishing up some minor tasks inside his Gym office, the Leader was greeted by an unfamiliar face. He was unable to help letting out a yawn. "It's a bit late, though given Mauville never sleeps, whether it's day or night isn't..." he trailed off, tired from his long day. He perked up when the teenager mentioned Ranger duties. "Right. I think we met at HQ for your training, but I don't remember your name. May I ask for it again?"

Regardless of whether he got it, Josh would nod. "Sure. I need to blow off some steam after work today. It was awful. Just let me run inside and get some of my other Pokémon." With that, he disappeared beyond his office's front door, and it would not be long before he returned with a full belt of six Poké Balls.

{WC: 212}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 20:36:05 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SENTRET APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLEFAIRY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRIEND GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AFTER YOU
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MOONLIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WAKE UP SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPOTLIGHT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
487 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 17:52:22 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin fought a yawn of her own after watching his. "Yes, of course; I'm Robin Coello." She made a punk rock sign with her hands, her Munchlax mimicking her as best he could with his tiny fingers. She waited as he grabbed his pokemon, glad he had time for her ambush. As he returned with a full set of pokemon, a new question took priority over her planned ones. "How do you pick out a full team? What's your strategy? Mauville has such a wide variety of wild pokemon."

She didn't have enough pokemon for a full team. She was too indecisive. She favored ghost types, but all of her mentors warned her that narrow types would make her job more difficult. Ghosts weren't good for all natural disasters.

Skipping

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 6:45:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh skipped a beat or two before responding, "Right. How could I forget you, Robin? You showed so much promise in class. Can't wait for your first practical exam, I bet!" Many Rangers, especially those who learned most through hands-on experience, enjoyed taking their first practical exam. Others who were more analytical dreaded it. As important as fundamentals were, every ticket was different. Being a Ranger required mental agility and adaptability, as well as a bond with Pokémon stretching beyond combat capabilities. It was one of the reasons it was so rare for a Gym Leader to do Ranger work. Josh was in a unique position, his specialized training and talent in the saddle letting him do both.

After returning and leading Robin up the tunnels to the top level of Mauville City exposed to the sun, he sent out two more of his Pokémon: a Shiny Pyroar and a Zebstrika, both of which wore riding gear similar to that of his Manectric. "For me, it's simple," Josh chuckled. "If it can't wear a saddle, I don't want to raise it. You see, before I became this city's Gym Leader, I wanted to be a professional Pokémon racer. I almost got there, too. Then this opportunity presented itself. Anyway, these two are Aslan and Raiden." The great cat and electric equine's eyes shifted toward Robin, though they looked friendly as ever.

As Josh passed by a pair of Normal-types that didn't catch his interest, as he already had Wiley the Furret, he continued to explain his process behind picking teams, both for combat and for Ranger tickets. "When out in the field, I try to pick at least one Pokémon that can swim and one Pokémon that can fly. Having two that can fly helps a lot more. That way if you fall off your Pokémon, you'll have another to catch you. Other than that, just study the type chart and make sure there's not too much overlap. With how many Pokémon there are, there's no one-size-fits-all solution. Find what works for you! I do suggest you get a Pokémon you can ride across land, sea, and sky, though. You'll find that you'll have a lot more freedom if you do."

skipping!

{WC: 379}
{PC: 2}

Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Fire Eyes     Salazzle       Good
Etali         Kilowattrel    Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 9:24:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LAMPENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INFERNO

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PLUSLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PLUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BESTOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
487 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 20:27:20 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Her eyes widened as he mentioned wanting to be a racer. She'd had no idea! It had always seemed a little scary. She was already uneasy at the thought of riding a pokemon in the water or air, even though she was a Ranger. Thankfully, she had had little need to ride so far. "So, is speed the most important stat?" His Zebstrika would obviously be fast, but she was pretty sure Pyroar was nothing to scoff at, either.

She considered his advice for pokemon. She definitely needed to get herself more mobility, for her safety and for the safety of any civilians she encountered. He just seemed so... comfortable. Comfortable with Ranger needs, and gym needs, and riding needs. She couldn't imagine being so familiar and comfortable with all those different roles. She was barely tackling Ranger. "So, how is running a Gym like being a Ranger? Or is it two different hats? It feels like a whole lot of responsibility to do both." She was feeling a little stressed on his behalf, even. But he always seemed laidback and approachable despite it all, not high-strung at all.

As the two walked and talked, Munchlax had been biting a Lampent (which had otherwise minded his own business). She clicked her tongue for Munchlax to return to her side, but the Lampent looked worse for wear -- Munchlax was not known for letting things in his mouth get away, as it were. She could nurse him back to health, and maybe even keep him with the rest of her ghost gang, so she tossed a pokeball his way.

Catching Lampent
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 4:06:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Racing was more than just speed. While raw speed was important, it was each Pokémon's combination of speed, endurance, and agility that made them unique. "Speed means more than just the magnitude component of velocity," Josh explained. "There's a lot more to racing Pokémon than just raw speed. Pacing your Pokémon is really important, as is being able to handle turns. Just because you have a Pokémon that can run at a hundred miles an hour, it won't do you any good if it can't also turn sharp corners." The sharp claws Aslan had made him very good at doing just that.

"It's two different hats," Josh confirmed. "It's a long story how I got here, but I can tell it to you if you want to." He would wait for Robin to confirm whether she wanted to hear before divulging further details.

skipping!

{WC: 147}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 18:49:59 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GARDEVOIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYNCHRONIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CAPTIVATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LIFE DEW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TELEPORT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRAMBLEGHAST APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INFESTATION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISABLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLOCK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
CAUGHT THE LAMPENT!
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
487 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 2:36:29 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She considered Josh's words as they walked. Racing required more than speed, that made sense. She tended to oversimplify, almost tunnel vision on one goal or detail instead of considering everything. She didn't have any suitable racing pokemon because she couldn't ride any of hers, but it would be helpful to get a fast ride in case of emergencies as a Ranger. "Well, I'd love to see you race sometime. It'd be awesome to see you in your element."

"Um, yes, please spill the tea." Frequently, her meet-ups with more established trainers or Rangers were short-lived and action-packed, but this was a good opportunity to really learn.

Her gaze was wary on the Gardevoir that stood on the peripheral of their path. She couldn't bring herself to trust psychic types to behave. Thankfully, the daunting presence was matched with an easier vibe, that of a sleeping ghost type. She hadn't seen a brambleghast in person before, but she was more than happy to add a ghost type to her collection. While the brambleghast snoozed, Robin tossed a gentle pokeball at it for capture.

Catching Brambleghast
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 7:25:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh perked up upon hearing Robin's interest in racing, whether it was fleeting or not. "We do have season passes for sale at Mauville Racing Grounds, and of course, tickets to each individual racing day," Josh couldn't help but advertise. He needed the money, too, what with doing most of his Ranger work off payroll to fulfill his community service requirement. He couldn't wait to get his Ranger check again; though his Gym Leader check let him live a fairly comfortable lifestyle, he couldn't head to Mossdeep to play poker. Until he got both sources of income back, he would have no gambling money.

"Alright, buckle up, cause it's a long one. Perhaps the most well-known piece of gossip about me is that I've been chasing the legendary Pokémon Raikou on and off for... oh, thirteen or fourteen years. There's this small shrine west of Fortree that is the only place I've seen dedicated to Raikou. A year ago July, I got wrapped up in defending the place from some thugs with an apparent bent for archaeology. Former Councilwoman thought I'd be a good scout for someone in Law Enforcement. I told her I didn't like the rigidity, so she suggested I be a Ranger instead. And that's how I got started as a Ranger."

skipping!

{WC: 217}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 16:00:19 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PYROAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RIVALRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDEAVOR

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHEWTLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]JAW LOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
[break]
CAUGHT THE BRAMBLEGHAST!
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
487 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 3:18:41 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Raikou. What a lofty goal. She was impressed. She knew fairly little about many legendary trios, but she had seen a Raikou statue when she was a little kid, and it had scared her for several months until she was introduced to a Raikou plushie via her older sister. Not that she was going to share such embarrassing nonsense with him, but still. The opportunity to finally see it in person was tantalizing. She was definitely rooting for him.

She turned to watch Munchlax assault a Chewtle as Josh continued explaining. It was fascinating that his beginning to it all seemed to be by chance, but she couldn't help but pull a face as he mentioned law enforcement. "I really can't see you as a cop." She laughed. "Were you trouble as a Ranger? I can't imagine your need for speed making you popular with some of the old Rangers that were heading things." Some of the head Rangers were newer and/or younger, but she had met a rather difficult one when she first started that almost turned her off the idea. She tossed a pokeball at the Chewtle that Munchlax was still wrestling.

Catching Chewtle
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 3:43:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It indeed was a lofty goal. Not impossible, but unlikely, and one the Gym Leader had little control over. He had learned that the hard way, letting his desire for Raikou control every aspect of his life at one point. It was what drove him to brutalize Eris. It was what got him suspended as a Gym Leader months back. And it took a behemoth effort to bottle his obsession back up into a mere dream, like it was when he was a child, before he could legally own a Pokémon.

"Ever since I was a child, I've admired Raikou," Josh explained as Robin's Munchlax engaged in a wrestling match with a wild Chewtle. "The Johtonian god of lightning and the god of speed, one of my childhood dreams I have never been able to let go of is going for a ride on Raikou's back. And you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I've lived that dream before." No thanks to working with the ambitious Mauville Leader for so long. As long as the two were on friendly terms with one another, he could live that dream any time he wanted within reason.

As the battle continued on, Josh addressed the fellow Ranger's other questions. "I actually am, in a way, a spare tire for both. I do some very specialized Law Enforcement work, such as police chases, but I work mostly on the Ranger side. As it turns out, outrunning a Gym Leader who specializes in speed is hard for even the toughest criminals." The Mauville Leader, if anything, seemed overly proud of how fast his Pokémon were, to the detriment of other characteristics.

"So what I specialize in as a Ranger is wilderness search and rescue efforts. A team of swift ride Pokémon is incredibly helpful for operations like that." He chuckled at Robin's remark; the Gym Leader's need for speed and quickness to act was not popular among Head Rangers and . didn't seem to mind it, though, as long as it was properly used.

Before he could continue, the roar of a Pyroar caught his attention. "Aslan, when did I--" Josh trailed off as he saw the Pyroar was not Shiny. It wasn't one of his other five Pyroar, either; what was such a fierce Pokémon doing on the top level of the city? It would be too dangerous to let run around, plus he wouldn't let this opportunity slip past to grow his pride.

Hurling Resheph's Poké Ball toward the wild, the saddled Dragonair lunged at the lion, who was quick to leap over the serpent's AQUA TAIL and HEADBUTT his dragon-type foe into the ground. Standing on the tail to prevent the water-type move from being used again, the majestic feline lowered his jaws toward her scales and took a big bite out of them. Resheph squealed and discharged a point-blank THUNDER WAVE before being overwhelmed.

Josh recalled the Dragonair before she suffered any more, sending out Aslan for real this time. In the regal, Shiny lion's presence, the wild backed down. A pride leader at heart, the golden-maned cat captured the normal-type's attention long enough for his trainer to pitch an Ultra Ball toward it.

catching pyroar!

{WC: 543}
{PC: 5}

Resheph       Dragonair      Poor
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
In the City [DW]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 6:40:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LICKILICKY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLOUD NINE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BELLY DRUM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REFRESH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KLUTZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!