Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 19:50:31 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Failure carries with it a bitter taste. Navy cleanses his palette with cigar smoke. They’ve made their way to Solaceon Town, where Eris seems to have some business. Leaning on a fence, Dewford’s Sheriff watches miltank and mareep frolic in the fields. They remind him of Dewford’s sole farmer and his own miltank, which are constantly under attack from monsters.[break][break]
His deputies can manage well enough, but he hopes to be home soon. Their trips to Sinnoh’s three lakes amounted up to not much of anything. No revelations came from bringing Mesprit and Uxie to the places that gave them titles. No hint of the lost Azelf was given to them.[break][break]
Might be you’ll have to wait for him to find you.” Is the only advice he could offer and when they reached the third lake, only to find nothing there as well. If there’s any silver lining, maybe it’s in the morale boost the two guardians will get from visiting their homes. Everyone needs to come home every now and then.[break][break]
We should probably get back to Hoenn soon.” He says, sadly. Between this trip and his earlier trip to Galar with to answer some lingering questions, he’s been away from Hoenn for too long. Something big’s coming. A storm gathers. He has to be there for it, lest Dewford be destroyed in the tide.[break][break]
But we can afford another day or two. Anything else you two wanna do before we head back to the airport?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 1:24:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It'd been the first time Hideo left Hoenn without the every-watchful watch of his parents. There was a strange sense of freedom that came with it - somewhat undercut by how he wasn't doing this just for fun; he was here on some loosely-defined business, to try and find any hints as to where to find Azelf, and maybe find a way to fix their gems.

Two lakes later, and they'd found a grand total of nothing. Uxie seemed to enjoy it a bit, taking a quick dip in the water each time, just as it was doing for this third lake. Hideo stood near Navy, waiting until Uxie was content. It did bear a convincing Illusionary disguise of a Phione.

"Azelf was hurt pretty badly," Hideo said, "back when Necrozma showed up. Even worse than Uxie and Mesprit were. They could still be hurt and need our help." He needed to find Azelf, to make sure they safe. The last thing he'd want was for Azelf to fall into Rocket's hands - or worse.

Yet Navy had a point: absolutely none of their efforts seemed to bear any fruit. His search through the Mechanical Kingdom bore no fruit, and his Lesser Megalopolis search wasn't going much better. Would they really just have to wait?

It didn't sit well in his stomach, but that's how it was shaping up to be.

"Guess we do gotta head back soon. My Pokemon can take of my Gym pretty well without me, but I don't want the League thinking that I'm slacking and leaving all the work to them." He already relied on them for a lot; last thing he wanted was for his Oranguru to take his Gym Leader spot from under him. That was something he had to work hard to get in the first place.

"But if we do check something out before we leave, I heard Contests are a lot more common here than in Hoenn. And flashier. I was hoping we could watch one live." Plenty of stuff to hear, feel, and smell from those. And taste, depending on the contest.

He could have one of his Pokemon relay the visual stuff to him.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 2:09:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Silence is her brand, words lost upon her as she stares out at the distance. The inability to do anything isn't a welcome notion, her resignation to fate swept under the faint giggles of a Phione playfully splashing water at the other.[break][break]

Whilst makes his request, she keeps herself busy with tugging at her jacket sleeves, making sure they properly cover her wrists as she gingerly stretches and flexes her fingers against the fabric. Reiner watches close. Perhaps a little too closely as she does so, gently resting a paw against her palm and grunting.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 9:46:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Funny you should say that, Kino. Saw a flier just today for a contest they’re having here in town.” Reaching under his poncho, he pulls it out. It won’t do Hideo much good, but maybe one of his Pokemon can see it and relay the visuals.[break][break]
Eightieth annual Tauros rodeo. Come watch the best wranglers this side of Sinnoh compete to be crowned toughest cowpoke in the west.” The poster is decorated in bombastic art showcasing a rampaging tauros. Atop them is a rider holding on for dear life. Navy thinks that he’d hate to be that guy.[break][break]
Looks like it’ll be a good show. Probably a bit too religious for my tastes, but what can a guy do? Sinnoh folk love their gods.” There’s probably other stuff they can do, other contests going on elsewhere in the region. Why travel when they have what they’re looking for right here?[break][break]
Waiting don’t sit right with me, either, for what it’s worth. I wanna talk to those dogs from Galar about something. Guess that’s the thing when you’re talking to gods and legends. You’re on their timetable, not the other way around. I think Azelf will be okay…for now. He’s smart. Probably found somewhere good to hide.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 14:36:30 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Eris seemed to continue with her silent treatment. It sounded a bit like she was fumbling with her clothing, but whatever she was up to, Reiner sounded like he was there for her.

The moment Navy mentioned a flier, Hideo took out a Pokeball, letting out his Beheeyem. It took a look at the flier, though artistic descriptions were not Elga's strong suit - and Navy explained what it was anyways.

Hideo couldn't resist letting out a snort, a smile on his face. "You should've seen me and Eris try out the Tauros Rodeo ride. I don't think I lasted ten seconds before I was flat on my belly. Eris did a lot better at it than I did." Good times. "Religious or not, I'd like to watch that. Sounds like it's a lotta fun for viewers and contestants."

They were probably a lot better at riding them than he and Eris were anyways.

But the brief bit of levity didn't last long. "Tell me about it. There's no stopping Uxie if they want to check something out - and I hear Eris has her hands full with Mesprit if they want to do something too. I just wish we got some kind of information; it's been over a year since they got attacked, and we've had Uxie and Mesprit for almost a year now."

Uxie dove into the water, little bubbles popping up from the depths.

"And Galar was…it still hurts to think about the time we spent there. A lotta the details are fuzzy, but I can remember that I opened a school there with Uxie's help…and I had a family there. At least I know Azelf wasn't hiding in there, but they could be anywhere."

He spoke of it matter-of-factly - though perhaps the blinking lights on his Beheeyem's hand helped him keep his composure, even if only a little.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 14:58:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's a moment where she squints at Navy, a frown tugging at the ends of her lips as she tries to process what he's just said. Kino? What? Is he gonna call her Halla next? She'd rather chew on bitter lemon slices than ever hear him call her that.[break][break]

Though, he is right about Azelf to some extent. They are smart, they represent willpower. If they'd indeed been killed, surely Mesprit and Uxie would have felt something. And they would've given them a sign, right?[break][break]

The mention of a Tauros rodeo is met with the drop of her gaze. Whatever happiness she should have been feeling from that memory of winning is instead blanketed by a fresh layer of sorrow, but she still tries her best to weave together a smile, if only to make sure that they don't get on her case.[break][break]

Her palms are pulled by a curious face, a Phione quietly chirping as they peek into her line of vision and hold on. Their hands are wet still from the lake, remarkably cold as water drips and fills the gaps between her fingers. Upset and uncertainty pulses off them in waves, reflections of her inner state of mind that she'd honestly prefer stay within. So she gently curls her fingers around those hands, begs Mesprit to not pull on this thread of emotions any further.[break][break]

Reiner grunts, shifting uneasily to look at Hideo and Navy. And he'll cock his head away from the lake, speaking for Eris in that they should probably lead the way to the rodeo, wherever it might be.

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 8:53:35 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Walking up to Eris, Navy tries to offer her a gentle pat on the shoulder. He’s with her, even if she’s going through it. He can’t even imagine the pain of the past month. Fate has heaped scoop after scoop of misery upon her plate. Perhaps this place could offer her some brief respite.[break][break]
Well, let’s see about that rodeo, then. We’ll find your friend. Don’t worry ‘bout that. For now, let’s just enjoy ourselves.”[break][break]
The shepherd of lost children leads his meager flock to the staging ground for the grand contest. There are some who say the rangers of Hoenn are rugged – that they channel a frontier spirit. Nothing Navy has ever seen in Hoenn holds a candle to this rodeo. It’s a strange crossbreed of Pokemon contest and religious observation.[break][break]
A rider in a white cowboy hat crosses the field carrying the flag of Sinnoh like a battle standard atop a shiny rapidash. Above them, a singer bellows a song of worship for Arceus and the three He created. Something about it sends a shudder down the sheriff’s spine.[break][break]
He has four kids, not three.[break][break]
A comment he keeps to himself. Dude ranchers and cowboys alike flock to the field. Men in garish clown makeup wrangle with tauros after they send their riders tumbling through the ground. Vendors hawk snacks of all shapes and sizes. Waving one down, Navy buys corn dogs for everyone.[break][break]
Here, my treat. They say nothing beats an authentic Sinnoh rodeo corn dog.” Precisely one person has said that, and both these children are talking to him.[break][break]
Somewhere along one of the performances, hunched and watching the festivities from his seat, he speaks to neither of them in particular and both of them.[break][break]
Say. Question for you both. After you find your friend…what’s next? You two gonna stay in Hoenn? What if your friends wanna come back to Sinnoh?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 14:28:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo heard Uxie pop out of the water, the little pixie making sure he knew it was done having fun in the water. He could feel it climbing up his body, plopping its still-soggy body on top of his head - just like his actual Phione would do. He could feel a rock be placed in his hand, Uxie insisting he hold on to it - as a souvenir.

At least it was a nice-feeling rock.

Hideo was left oblivious to Eris's less-than-happy reaction to him mentioning the Festival, simply following Navy along as they headed to the Rodeo. While the gratuitous makeup and outfits are lost on him, he could enjoy the music they sang; there was always something about religious music that sounded nice, whether or not the words or meanings resonated with him.

And then after that religious display, people got thrown around. Just like a proper rodeo.

Hideo didn't even need the visual information from his Beheeyem to enjoy the sounds of Tauros being ridden, or of their riders getting tossed around.

There was no refusal out of Hideo when the corndog was offered, the boy eagerly taking some bites out of it. Tasted just like any other corn dog to him, but the whole environment just made it better somehow. Maybe just the mood of the place.

A mood only slightly shifted when Navy asked them a question.

"Hoenn's my home," Hideo said, half-eaten corn dog lifted up so Uxie could take some bites out of it. "So I'd stay in Hoenn. If Uxie wanted to stay here after we found Azelf…well, I'd make sure to visit them when I got the chance."

"Plus, knowing these guys, they'd probably pop back up in Hoenn to hang out with us. And eat our food."

There was no objections out of Uxie, who was enjoying the combination of bread and dog that Hideo so generously shared.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 22:00:55 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She flinches when she feels a hand poking into her personal space, quite nearly slapping it away as her breathing quickens. Her eyes are wide for a moment, then relax when she sees Navy to connect it all.[break][break]

Get it together.[break][break]

Looking away, she lets out a slight cough, gathering her belongings as she shies away with Reiner and Mesprit in tow. The shadows that trail under their feet whisper and sway with the wind, reaching up to steal her attention from the sights and colours that fill this festive place. Holy songs remain a strange buzzing in her ears, conversations passing over her head as she quietly scuffs her heel against the ground.[break][break]

When offered a corn dog, it's Reiner that'll help to take it, giving him a brief nod before attempting to place it in Eris' hands. Though, Mesprit is quick to intercept as always, chowing down without a second's hesitation.[break][break]

What then can she busy herself with, save for trying to think about Navy's question? Hideo's much faster in putting his words together, so much more confident in what he says because he can actually believe in it. But she remains staring at her palms for the longest of times, her fingers knitted together and unraveled, then knitted together again.[break][break]

At long last, she shakes her head and tags on a shrug.[break][break]

She doesn't know.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 10:29:32 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hoenn’s my home.[break][break]
Navy thanks Arceus that the child can’t see his grimace. It’s hard to argue with that point. When you’re born somewhere, your natural instinct is to defend that place. It’s nostalgia mixed with human nature.[break][break]
On the cowboys ride across the dirt field. Rawhide Kobayashi, three time champion of this contest, is making a grand show of things. Try as the tauros beneath him might, it simply can’t get the man off. He seems less a man and more an eel in the saddle, sliding along with the rhythm of the beast. Rawhide holds his hat up, tossing it out into the crowd as he passes the trio.[break][break]
The hat lands on Hideo’s head, making him look like a little cowboy for however long it’s allowed to cameo in his life. Navy’s grimace gives way to a soft smile. He took Gabe to something like this once. He took Gabe to just about everything.[break][break]
Suddenly, he feels like there’s a hole in his heart. He knows that if he can’t keep his promise, there’ll be one in this boy’s parents’ hearts, too.[break][break]
Got two gluttons on your hands, do you? They’re so little, it’s like they barely eat at all.” Uxie and Mesprit are hardly the most robust of Pokemon. “How’d you get mixed up in all this, Kino? I know Eris’s story, but we barely know each other.”[break][break]
Looking at their legendaries, he tries to project a thought, hoping Uxie and Mesprit can hear.[break][break]
Hey, be a little careful. It’ll cause problems for Eris and Hideo if people notice you.[break][break]
Praying the thought doesn’t get drowned out by static, he returns instead to watching the rodeo. After Rawhide’s grand showing, a different sort of contest has started. Women take to the field and start yelling at their husbands.[break][break]
They oughtta hear you when you get mad, huh, Eris?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 17:38:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's Beheeyem also faced difficulty explaining emotions to Hideo - the best it could do was tell him Navy frowned at his answer. And Uxie was too preoccupied watching the Rawhide Kobayashi act to properly explain it to Hideo.

And Hideo was too busy watching the show (through Uxie's descriptions) to register the unhappy reaction.

He was also distracted by the new hat tossed right onto his head, Uxie jumping into his lap right before it landed. The hat was large for him, resting right on his nose, covering his eyes, but that did nothing to weaken the wide smile on his face. He even raised a fist and let out a "Yee-haw!", earning the same from the other audience members.

He took a moment to properly adjust the hat, laughing all the way. Always felt good to play the crowd a bit himself.

"You haven't seen them find something they really like. Uxie stomach is a lot larger than you'd think." Uxie could only offer a shrug, smiling.

Though the next question did get him to calm down a bit.

"Well…there was this Soiree back in Hoenn that I went to. A buncha Unown appeared and made things really…misty." The less detail he thought about that time in the Dream Mist, the better; that stuff was a menace. "And when I got out, there was this amulet around my neck. I don't even remember how I got it."

Everyone else he talked to at least remembered meeting one of the Lake Trio (when they could remember anything about them). He was the odd one out, it seemed.

"Then I showed it to Eris, and she showed me hers. And Eris probably told you everything after that." It was that point where he got an idea what he was dealing with - when he started getting into contact with other amulet-bearers. "Finding out what to do with that was tough."

Pretty much the same dilemma he had with Uxie and the Lake Trio - though the consequences of these little guys becoming public knowledge was much greater than people knowing he had a strange piece of jewelry.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 23:21:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Hideo might miss the grimace, but she doesn't. A brief side-eye gets paired with a frown of her own, one that fails to fade even whilst the two laugh and cheer over the new cowboy hat they've gotten. Even Mesprit seems to join in on the hype, clapping as they try to convince Uxie of it should sit on that hat. Not before chittering at Navy for calling them a glutton, of course.[break][break]

It's at this point that Hideo says more than he should've, at least in her eyes. He brings up the amulets that they've received and she promptly looks away, knowing that this might spawn more questions in Navy's head. Unlike what Hideo assumed, she hadn't exactly... mentioned that whole bit about getting an amulet, nor the things she'd seen. The chance just kept slipping away from her and at some point, she'd filed them away for her own investigations on a later date.[break][break]

The yelling compounds on it all. Funny as those pet names or strange insults might have been, she feels a shiver trails down her spine. Reiner tenses, golden gaze acutely rested on her. And her attention grows spotty, her fingers clutching tighter to her jacket as she lets out a shaky breath.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 8:33:33 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Sounds like you’ve had plenty of adventures.” His voices traces back to warmth. Hideo and Eris live lives Navy would have given anything to have when he was their age. Doubtless, neither of them came by it without pain – Eris especially. He’s seen enough of the darkness that dwells in her past to know adventure is only outweighed by grief.[break][break]
And you’ve made plenty of friends.” Talks of friendship are interrupted by bouts of shouting. An old woman berates the crowd alongside a massive infernape for the amusement of the crowd. Everyone’s cheering her on. Even Rawhide Kobayashi himself is leaning against the fence and listening.[break][break]
She’s declared the victor. Afterwards, it’s back to terrible tauros tumbles. The beasts fight like cornered animals, which in truth they are. Remembering Vortigern’s rampages, Navy finds himself thankful the tauros on hand are willing to play along. All it would take would be one deciding he’s had enough and they would have a proper fight on their hands.[break][break]
You ever visit home, Kino? Arceus knows I’d be worried if you were my kid. It’s hard enough trying to not have a heart attack over Baki.” He hopes the girl who called him father is well while he’s on this trip. Doubtless she’s helping with some menial labor or another by now. The sheriff prays a quiet prayer to Arceus, asking Him to keep Tsubaki safe. If she ends up having to help feed Freya’s dragons, she’ll need all the prayer she can get.[break][break]
Sounds like things might get serious again soon. Can’t say much, you know how it goes. Things never stay calm for long in our region, huh?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 23:38:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"A lottav'em." Even him meeting Eris was its own adventure - one that he'd partially repressed, but didn't regret. "They haven't always been easy adventures. Some have hurt, some a lot. But I wouldn't be who I was and where I am now without them."

Even he couldn't be completely sure if that was for better or worse.

What he did know was that Uxie was climbing on top of his head, onto the hat. He had to hold it, to keep the oversized hat from following over - or enveloping his head entirely. He had some fun, giggling as Uxie tried to find the perfect spot to sit.

But the fun ended at Navy's next question, striking a chord in Hideo's heart. His expression froze, the boy sweating slightly. "I…" he trailed off, trying to think of the best way to answer without getting someone to ask to meet his parents.

"...not much. I let them know I'm still alive every now and then, but I don't wanna go back there. Talking to them these days is tough."

Not to mention going back home would be reminding himself what happened last time he'd gone home - how he'd gotten his parents' signatures so he could become a gym leader.

No-one could know.

It was a relief to hear Navy bring up a different subject.

"Well...feels like there's always something going on in Hoenn nowadays. Dunno if I just didn't hear it before 'cause I was cooped up all the time, but it's 24/7 now. And we'll keep on powering through them all."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 14:59:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Whilst drifting in her own sea of sorrows, a question garners a response that sparks much like a strange source of light dangling upon the dark horizon. She'd never gotten many chances to peer into the world of others but in Hideo's hesitance, a thought does cross her mind -[break][break]

What had happened to the paper that he needed his parents to sign? If they were really that opposed to their son being in such dangerous situations, what could he possibly tell them that would suddenly make them change their minds and sign that paper? The fact that an Elite 4 was looking after them? Or that they thought he might get tired of the idea if they let him try?[break][break]

No, becoming a gym leader at this age wasn't simply a phase. But if they placed trust in the League keeping Hideo safe... were they still trying to convince him to go home? Must be nice, if that were the case. Why then, does she feel such waves of unease and trepidation? Even if it were Mesprit's doing, those emotions have to have been derived from somewhere. But it all fades away as the topic moves on, earning Hideo a look of curiosity that she really doesn't try to hide.[break][break]

Something bad happened.[break][break]

She wants to know but perhaps, she shouldn't pry. He doesn't when she doesn't want to talk about things, and she could probably do the same for him. Because that's what friends tended to do, right?[break][break]

Things will never stay calm in Hoenn and yes, they will always find a way to push through. But would it hurt to wish for a peace that lasts? Or a home that will weather the storms? At the very least, she finds that she wants to see those closest to her smile. And perhaps, that will be one of the rare few wishes that might just come true. Taking in a deep breath, she opens her mouth, pauses, then lets a quiet breath out. That thing still buzzing in her chest, it dredges up many unwanted feelings as she tries to pronounce the words upon her tongue.[break][break]

Once more she breathes in, practicing it several times in her head as she fumbles with her sleeve.[break][break]

"Gift..." A quiet murmur that's easily lost under all the screams and cheers. "For Doug..."