Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 10:51:23 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yeah, I know what you mean.” He says to Hideo’s comment. They’ll power through anything. It’s either that or die. He wonders if the people of Sinnoh are onto something. Through their religious dogma, do they invite some special protection from the gods? It seems this region has suffered less than the others. Kanto, Johto, and Galar all seem to be suffering terribly in different ways. Hoenn is Hoenn. The simple people of this rustic backwater keep on swimming.[break][break]
Yo, Eris. If you wanna go grab Sullivan a souvenir, Shuwen and Hattori will go with you.” He lets the two out of their pokeballs. Around them, some townsfolk ‘oooh’ and ‘aaaah’ at the sight of them. Here, much like elsewhere, a legendary Pokemon and the world’s smallest Greninja attracts stares. Either way, they’ll keep Eris safe.[break][break]
Inevitably, the bear, frog, and girl wander away. That leaves Navy and Hideo, alone for a few moments. With the sudden privacy, his tone grows somber.[break][break]
All kids grow up and leave home someday. That’s what a mom said in an old movie I used to watch. Look…not my place to run your life, but you should visit ‘em sometime.” Maybe it’s not his place to say that, but damn if he doesn’t say the words anyway. “I had a little brother who went on a journey like yours. Part of me wishes I could’ve shared that journey with him. Then, one day, he never came home again.”[break][break]
A beat. He knows this will make the kid uncomfortable eagain.[break][break]
Don’t be a stranger to the people who care about you, Kino.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 14:59:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Uxie momentarily looked over towards Eris. It wasn't simply due to the way she looked at Hideo, but it didn't make any noise, merely acknowledging her caution.

For a moment, Hideo wanted to mention giving his oversized hat to Doug, the perfect gift for the guy he met by (his Pokemon) stealing a hat - but it seemed like Navy already had a different plan, sending Eris off with several Pokemon, leaving the two Gym Leaders by themselves (and with Uxie).

Hideo didn't even consider a possible ulterior motive until Navy went back to their original conversation.

"...It's not as easy as you'd think. My parents never wanted me to leave and do the Gym Circuit. They always made empty promises about letting me do it, but they'd always have some reason why I couldn't. They were never gonna let me grow up. I had to go out on my own to do it."

Sneaking out in the middle of the night wasn't something he was unfamiliar with, but those had always been brief trips through Slateport; it wasn't until that night that he truly ran away, to go wander the region like all kids could do at his age.

His face scrunched up. "Going back is just giving them a chance to force me to stay. Didn't matter that I got seven badges and helped protect Hoenn from all the stuff going on. Hell, I even had one badge before I started the circuit properly."

He took a short pause. "I'm…sorry about your brother. But I know I can do it. I have done it. And they never thought I could." He slumped back in his seat. "I would've just been wasting away at home, like some kind of invalid."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 21:44:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Uxie's gaze is more than enough to confirm some part of her suspicion, though she does note to keep her mind open to conversation should Hideo ever choose to talk about it. Then comes the more unexpected turn of events, the appearance of Shuwen and Hattori, two very familiar yet... somehow foreign creatures.[break][break]

Discomfort is what washes over her first, rather than reassurance. The people looking over and staring -[break][break]

Why do they always stare?[break][break]

Her fingers tense beneath Reiner's mane, causing him to peer at her as he wraps his tail around her arm. Then he begins to lead her away, grunting at the other two with some kind of mild, apologetic tone. Even Mesprit seems to blend in better than they do, simply using the need to hide away as an excuse to bury into his fur.[break][break]

She'll remain oblivious to whatever schemes the man might have, but she'll see the results soon enough. For now, her attention is devoted solely towards thinking of what to get . Probably not a hat, since Hideo's gotten one? If he chooses to give it up, that is. So, what woul-[break][break]

Her steps comes to a grinding halt, her eyes widening as they catch onto a familiar silhouette in the distance.[break][break]

"Pa?"

[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 16:49:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
Sometime last night[break]
Your brother breathed your name[break]
and like a flame flicked out too soon[break]
he's gone
[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Staying home wouldn’t make you an invalid.” He says like a true, dyed in the wool hypocrite. What did he do after Gabe died? Did he stay home and mourn? No. In his grief, his fists raged. He buried himself in work. Time and time again he labored. Tireless days, endless hours, countless cases. Death of a loved one simply turned him into a bloodhound.[break][break]
I do get where they’re coming from, I do. Not gonna tell you to go home again, but…Gabe was just a little older than you are now when the troubles began. We were in Slateport the day Rocket attacked the place. One of the scariest days of my life. Cooper lit a fire under Gabe’s ass that day. He said Hoenn needed a champion who wouldn’t abandon people for one guy.” His brother’s heart burned with a dark rage that day, and in the days that followed.[break][break]
But that ain’t what I remember about him.” This isn’t fair to pull on a child. His eyes drift from Hideo out to the rodeo. A man wrestles with impossible odds. The tauros he rides is the biggest bull Navy has ever seen. It bucks, it bucks, it bucks. A monster that will not suffer a fool to ride him. Humanity has a queer habit of playing with fire.[break][break]
I remember the day he was born. Nobody thought it was special. My grandpa didn’t even bother showing up. It was just me and him. Him so tiny on the other side of that glass in the maternity ward. All alone.” He looks back to Hideo. There is grief in his voice, grief that is more father than brother.[break][break]
…they probably have something like that with you. No matter how big your kid gets, they’re always that little baby. You remember how tiny they are and how awful the world is. You’d rip the throat out of the world before you’d let it take that child.”[break][break]
A pause settles in like the rain after thunder. While one man wrestles with a bull, another wrestles with the rage of a dragon. It seeps into his voice with a snarl, the sound of something wounded.[break][break]
If you won’t go home…you have to be strong. Strong like you say you are. Strong enough to where they won’t see that baby in a casket.”[break][break]
The blind can’t see, but his head tilts towards the young one. All children leave home. All children face obstacles on their journey. Once, he refused to let his brother take risks. In playing catcher in the rye, he closed adulthood to that boy forevermore.[break][break]
If you’re so strong…you and Uxie wanna turn that seven badge collection into a proper eight badge set?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 20:36:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"With how little they'd let me do, it would." Every goal he reached was a goalpost moved, and every catastrophe pushed that goalposts further. He'd been involved in so much before he'd even left home - more than his parents knew - and he'd gotten out of all them just fine. "My siblings were able to go out and do their own stuff when they hit 10. I couldn't even go out of the house by myself when I was older than that, and I knew Slateport like the back of my hand."

Hideo's attention was no longer on the show, even as his Beheeyem tried to relay it to him. His attention was on Navy's story - or rather, tuning most of it out, while still listening to the important bits. His parents told him stories like these constantly, about parents whose children went out on the gym circuit and never returned, how others came back with a missing limb and a broken heart.

Hideo clenched the fabric of his shorts. He knew he wanted to leave, and he was so much happier when he did. It hadn't been without hardship - he'd even lost some Pokemon he'd cherished closely.

Yet he'd accomplished so much more than he could've from his backyard. He was even a Gym Leader now! It wasn't the Champion that he'd gone out hoping to be, but it was still something! His dreams weren't dead.

It's the end part of Navy's story - the part about Hideo's strength - that fully retakes the boy's attention. He knew he was strong, to have gotten this far, but it seemed like he still had to prove it. And he was being handed an opportunity to do it, rather than denied one like his parents would've done.

"...if that's what I gotta do," Hideo answered, the frustration leaking through his voice, "then I'll do it. Me and Uxie'll show you I didn't get this far out of pity."

He didn't even care about getting a badge out of it. He just needed to prove himself to the man he'd already once before.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Lakewatch [M] [Sinnoh]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 20:26:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: