saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 9:45:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

is this it, then? the first of many olive branches to come? he eyes her with returned curiosity, and though he could gloat and revel, he instead offers her the same softness shown to him.[break][break]

"constantly."[break][break]

he recalls his conversation with as they strolled through the empty town of littleroot. he had confessed to her then that his mind would never be his own, at least not as long as he remains tied to groudon.[break][break]

"groudon lives in my mind, whispering, influencing, and at times controlling, and so i often doubt whether my thoughts are my own."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 4:21:02 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Constantly.[break][break]

The flicker of uncertainty in her eyes betrayed her own quiet truth to him: "It's the same for me." Had she ever met someone whose Avatarship wore them down in the same way?[break][break]

and seemed so much more composed than she had ever been. Even in the raids of Littleroot, or in the Petalburg Woods, or on the shorelines of Sootopolis felt balanced in their bond between Avatar and patron.[break][break]

"...And have you figured out a way to determine that?"[break][break]

A hand brushed a strand of dark hair out of her face, distracted as it lost itself in a mane of black curls.[break][break]

"Which thoughts are your own, I mean."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 8:40:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

uncertainty reveals her truth, one he so viciously picks apart like starved mandibuzz as all he has had so far are crumbs and feeble branches, and with the truth comes affirmation of his words earlier.[break][break]

they are more alike than she believes.[break][break]

"for the most part."[break][break]

this, he leaves vague before turning it back on her.[break][break]

"i take it you're experiencing the same."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 21:16:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A new wave of heat shimmered in the air, and she shivered involuntarily at the shift in temperature, arms wrapping around herself to protect against the elements.[break][break]

"That's why I'm trying to figure out, I suppose. How much your experience mirrors my own."[break][break]

She hated this, asking him of all people for guidance. Exposing weakness invited others to exploit you, always.[break][break]

What he couldn't know was that two beings warred for dominance in her mind, making glimpses of her own agency all the more confusing to pinpoint. Even this burning desire to enact vengeance, this inherently vindictive nature that fed on her own grudges... how much of that spite had blazed in her before those deities both claimed her as their own?[break][break]

The gulf between that time and now kept widening, and widening, until that gaping chasm seemed liable to erupt as much as any volcano.[break][break]

"Some Avatars chase their patrons, but mine chased me. It feels like being... a tool, of sorts. Something wielded for a specific use, nothing more."

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 10:06:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"the same can be said for organizations like the league or team rocket. we are but mere tools for them, no? it is entirely up to us to make sure that isn't the case."[break][break]

but how do they do that against deities they do not fully understand? deities that have blessed them with power and have made them demigods.[break][break]

"most that seek what we have don't understand that it comes at a great cost. our minds will never truly be ours again, at least not while our patrons desire something."[break][break]

he takes a step closer to her, unaffected by the shift in temperature.[break][break]

"what does yours ask of you?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 21:17:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You're right," she said, that reluctant concession tasting foreign on her tongue. "Most people don't understand. They covet the power they might gain from a deity, but remain blind to the cost they have to pay."[break][break]

Even the death of hadn't been enough to stifle that greed.[break][break]

A restlessness overtook her as he approached, its anxiety crawling like a thousand spiders over her skin. Still, she didn't move out of his reach, nor push him away.[break][break]

The lava rose behind him, as if stirred to action with each step he took forward. Goading him onwards.[break][break]

"I don't know what I'm wanted for," she confessed, silently berating herself for her honesty with him. "Only that my suffering made me worthy."[break][break]

Her hands fell to her sides, empty and lost, before a strange conviction entered her tone: possessing the phrasing of a threat, but the hushed cadence of a secret.[break][break]

"Do you truly want to know what is demanded of me?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 3:39:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

his head shakes, dismissing the statement as though it were absurd to even voice it.[break][break]

"i don't think it's just your suffering that made you worthy."[break][break]

there is an abundance of people experiencing similar turmoil and conflict. he refuses to believe hers is what makes her special.[break][break]

he stops before her, peering down to find her gaze.[break][break]

"tell me."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 6:17:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah, but what did he know of her, really? Or of the patrons that had claimed her, for that matter.[break][break]

Nothing good in her had drawn their attention. Of that, she felt reasonably certain.[break][break]

"I don't know how to explain it," she said, unsure of what had earned the sudden intense focus of his attention. The vulnerability of her admission? The fact that he understood her struggles, strange as they were? The perception of an opening, after many walls that denied him her confidence?[break][break]

Understanding his intentions felt at once painfully simple and frustratingly difficult. In that way, too, she supposed they were alike.[break][break]

"I can show you, though."[break][break]

A hand, tentative and uncertain, reached towards him -- seeking his own, if he'd offer it to her. He'd remember the implications of that covenant between them, back in the Petalburg Woods, where she'd glimpsed the source of the resentment that brewed in the deepest recesses of his heart.[break][break]

This time, she invited him to witness her own.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 14:05:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he would not know how to explain the demands expected of him either, so from that perspective, he is able to relate to her. how do they convey the wishes of gods when said wishes are barely communicated to them? and when they are, they are often intangible and eluding, like a fading MISTY TERRAIN.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

her offer is briefly considered before a hand, strong and sure, reaches toward her own, offering her a connection.[break][break]

"show me."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 16:40:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

His hand gripped her own with a surety that both startled her and didn't. The instant his skin met hers, he'd feel the slow, simmering burn of resentment constantly churning beneath the surface of her thoughts, its subtlety a far cry from the heightened state that he'd found her in back in the Petalburg Woods.[break][break]

But even dormant volcanoes could erupt, in time.[break][break]

She closed her eyes, letting herself sink deeper into the abyss that Wo-chien had sentenced her to. All around her, the ground cracked and turned dry as what little life existed here was choked from it, feeding the grudges that viciously awakened inside her mind.[break][break]

As if descended upon by a plague of locusts, a miserable void of hollowed-out discontent would carve out a home in him. An unfed hunger consumed her, and he'd feel it consume him, too: a gnawing sense that you are not enough, that nothing will ever restore you to something whole.[break][break]

So you latch onto the things that give you purpose, reaching for anything that can fill your insatiable need.
[break]

Anger flashed into focus, a raging riot of emotion that surged forth with an immediacy that abruptly thrust her forward. She pulled him against her subconsciously as she steadied herself, his hand finding a place above her heart.[break][break]

This intimately close, the connection deepened further. Channeled emotion took on a life of its own.[break][break]

She couldn't hold back the bleedthrough.[break][break]

The grudges bore faces now, some familiar to him and some not. . . . . . These names etched themselves on the Tablets of Ruin her patron bore upon its back, his own numbered among them. Her own name reflected back at him, too, placed first above all others on this ode of grievances.[break][break]

And some faces didn't have names, but their faces flitted through her mind all the same. A man with cobalt blue eyes, beautiful and cold as they glimmered in the darkness, appeared for but a moment before this man was shoved away for another. A sudden descent into sorrow corrected itself, swerving into white-hot fury.[break][break]

This new figure possessed a coal-black glare, distantly towering over a woman whose ancient grudge kindled and revived the longer she stared back at him, causing the earth to shudder as an invisible snarl of roots raged futilely against a cage of lava and stone.[break][break]

"We will punish the world for the wrongs it has committed against us," a voice that sounded like her own and yet nothing like her at all whispered in the shadows of his mind. "We will ruin it, as it has ruined us."[break][break]

And then, all at once, this intimate link between them severed.[break][break]

She wasn't sure who pulled away first, or if either of them had pulled away at all. The haze of her own turmoil clouded her gaze, making it difficult to see the world for what it was.[break][break]

But this power cut both ways. It revealed as much of her as it did of others.[break][break]

"Show me," she rasped out then, if he could still hear her in the cavernous heart of the volcano. "Show me what your patron demands of you."[break][break]

Show me that you resent this, too.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 7:55:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

up until now, all he has had are assumptions that make up his understanding of her. he has always assumed they are similar with no basis other than what he has seen and how he has felt. it's only now, however, that he's proven right.[break][break]

the miserable void is met in kind, reflected with the same unfed hunger that has long consumed him even before groudon. you are not enough, is a phrase as familiar as the markings on him. the words define him, the worthlessness and self-loathing pushing him to unimaginable extremes.[break][break]

she knows of his grudges as they mirror her own. . . . . . . but unlike hers, his own name is nowhere to be found.[break][break]

the intimacy between them strengthens their connection but it is the final message that seals them together; that binds them to a life of suffering.[break][break]

it is up to them, however, to make others suffer more.[break][break]

we will punish the world.[break][break]

not good enough.[break][break]

we will ruin it.[break][break]

the voice echoes and lingers even after they pull away. he barely registers hers as she calls out to him but his hand reaches for her all the same.[break][break]

what does groudon demand of him?[break][break]

for too long has it been OPPRESSED, left to be at the heel of rayquaza's whim and mercy, and though it has fought back time and time again, it always ends the same way: with groudon succumbing to forces greater than it.[break][break]

it has never been strong enough. and so, it seeks a patron that harbors strength, power, will, and most importantly, the volatility to do whatever it takes.[break][break]

the markings that etch across his skin, seared into flesh, begin to glow, pulsing in energies so ancient that it seem foreign and out of place.[break][break]

the scene around them shifts, distorting in a blur to take them somewhere far hotter, drier, and older. it is a scene should be familiar with. it is the sole purpose her relicanth lived and died for, after all.[break][break]

a lush and vibrant hoenn, one that has thrived from groudon's rule, greets them along with a REGIDRAGO in the midst of channeling its DRAGON ENERGY that never comes to fruition. a strong PRECIPICE BLADE pierces through it, shutting it down.[break][break]

the REGIDRAGO crumbles into a peculiar RED ORB, light and mythical and powerful, only for it to SELF-DESTRUCT moments later, leaving nothing in its wake.[break][break]

the path to what groudon seeks has always been clear. it is a path he has been forced on from the moment the RED ORB shattered and fused into his flesh.[break][break]

to finally feel whole, groudon requires PRIMAL ENERGY.[break][break]

and there is no one else capable but matias. or at least that is what he has been convinced to believe.[break][break]

he pulls away, taking them back to mount chimney.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 21:57:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The same. We suffer the same.[break][break]

This discovery had affirmed his suspicions; it complicated her own, instead.[break][break]

But we are not the same, either. He believes in a future that doesn't exist.[break][break]

Like smoke, the hazy images of a lush and verdant paradise under Groudon's rule dispersed and faded. The severity in her carmine gaze dwindled in favor of a pensiveness that left her quiet as the ambience of Mt. Chimney returned. The bubbling of lava. The patter of falling stone. The bitter taste of ash greying the air.[break][break]

How hateful and oppressive all this heat had seemed, when she first entered here.[break][break]

Its warmth felt comforting, now -- as if basking in the life-giving rays of the sun.[break][break]

's hand had moved to release her own, but she'd been the one to hold him fast this time. That unexpected realization belatedly came into focus; unable to reason with the discomfort of her own actions, she abruptly turned her attention elsewhere.[break][break]

For the first time since she'd met him, she studied the markings on his skin with more than a passing glance. She didn't recognize these symbols, didn't understand the hieroglyphics for what they were. Her fingers brushed against them with light curiosity, as if touch alone could decipher their meaning.[break][break]

"Primal energy will kill you," she stated, looking up at him with a naked honesty she'd never shown him before. Pity and understanding sat in her stare. "Groudon will kill you, as it killed its last Avatar."[break][break]

He believed he was far stronger than he was. He thought himself as invincible as the god that ruled him.[break][break]

That was a difference between them, too.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 4:50:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he stills under her touch, silenced by the unexpected honesty and attention she seems to show him. where she studies his markings, he watches her, curious and almost cautious.[break][break]

primal energy will kill you.[break][break]

somewhere deep down, buried under mountains of pride, resentment, and the desire to prove them all wrong, he knows it to be true.[break][break]

please be careful with this, told him.[break][break]

the stronger groudon grows, the weaker he becomes. this is not a symbiotic relationship as most would believe, it is parasitic. he isn't the first to die for groudon and he will not be the last even if he believes otherwise.[break][break]

i don't know if i'll be able to fix you.[break][break]

perhaps it's the warmth of mount chimney, or of her presence, but acceptance bubbles to the surface, rising far easier than it would have with anyone else.[break][break]

"you're right."[break][break]

avatarship is a death sentence.[break][break]

"i know what is expected of me, i know the costs, but this is what i'm meant to do."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 5:22:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Sometimes I wonder," she mused softly, "if it's because we're disposable."[break][break]

Until now, she'd let those misgivings go unvoiced. With him, this secret felt safe to admit aloud.[break][break]

Divine indifference affected him as much as her.[break][break]

"There are those who speak of their patrons with fondness, like they would a caring guardian, or a trusted ally, or even a distant comrade in arms."[break][break]

Peculiar gentleness manifested itself in her movements, born of a capacity for empathy that had never managed to fully die inside herself. Emotion had always ruled like a cruel tyrant over her. The further away she kept herself from others, the less likely it was that yokes of unwanted sympathy would bind her.[break][break]

A wry and humorless smile graced her lips.[break][break]

"Mine has never seemed fond of me, at least."[break][break]

Neither Tapu Fini nor Wo-chien, if she were to be honest with herself. Her life would be inconsequential to them, she suspected, the moment those pacts were fulfilled.[break][break]

The faint smile faded as her eyes averted away from him, like a shadow fleeing the light.[break][break]

"But perhaps Groudon is different for you."[break][break]

She'd witnessed the beautiful vision he clung to of elysian fields, of a Groudon unshackled from Rayquaza's restraint.[break][break]

His patron needed him to hope, while hers thrived on her own despair.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 9:22:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

blessed with power, cursed with death, even if he tries to argue otherwise, they are as replaceable as any other. should he die before enacting what groudon requires, it will move on with no care nor regard for him. it would not mourn him, nor would most people.[break][break]

briefly, he wonders if anyone would mourn her, but as he finds her gaze, he's certain he would.[break][break]

"fond is the wrong way to describe it. i have proven useful to groudon, and so it continues to wager on me. should the day ever come where i am no longer useful..."[break][break]

groudon would then move on, and he would be free to live his life, though that day will likely never come.[break][break]

"groudon feeds me hope and the promise of more power—of a world where we could rein free." a world where they rule. "but i'm still not sure what yours wants beyond suffering."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing