Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,021 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Smog: Aurelie & Barnaby [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 23:07:29 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Not all treasure is silver and gold.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The further and deeper they ventured into the island, the thicker and more prevalent the interdream mist seemed to be. It was enough to make Aurelie wonder if there was a rift nearby. Even now, as she and her current mission partner approached a tree-studded clearing, the mist confronted them, swirling and wafting about even with no tangible breeze.

The red-haired smith gulped nervously, before stealing a sidelong glance at beside her. She'd encountered the admin a handful of times before, and of course she'd seen him on TV, but she knew very little about him. What did he make of all this mist?

Was he nervous too? Or did he find it exciting? How much experience did he have with the interdream mist? However much it is, it's more than I've got, Aurelie reflected ruefully.

Hesitantly, she murmured aloud, "So, I know this stuff is dangerous. It gets in your head and makes whatever you're thinking real, right? But..." Aurelie craned her head to look from one side to another across the clearing, through the rosy skeins of pink-and-purple mist. "I don't see any way to get around it."

She took a deep breath, trying to keep a lid on the slowly growing dread inside her as the mist flowed closer, as if already hungrily seeking to engulf them. "Unless you have a clever plan to somehow evade the mist, I think our only course is to go through it and...experience whatever we're going to experience. So..." She turned to look the admin forthrightly in the eye.

"Please tell me you have a clever plan," Aurelie said candidly, with a self-effacing chuckle. "Because I'm honestly scared of that mist."

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

- Wearing jeans, sneakers, oversized sunglasses, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up to hide her hair and face (Outfit reference)
- MP Points: 60 (50 from participation + 10 for post)

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 20:28:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

was well-known in ROCKET for her superior metalworking and weaponry skills, though Admin Bee knew little of her outside her realm of expertise. [break][break]

What else did she bring to ROCKET? How would she do on the battlefield, rather than just providing equipment for it?[break][break]

Right now, she wasn't making the best impression.[break][break]

"There's little one can do to counteract the mist." He replied, his voice devoid of the same fear evident in hers. [break][break]

She was correct, he'd encountered the Interdream Mist several times now, and some instances had been more pleasant than others. Barnaby couldn't help but recall and her sultry doppelganger for a moment, though the image faded quickly from his mind. [break][break]

Now was not one of those pleasant times. Already, he could hear monsters stamping just out of sight, hidden deeper in the smog.[break][break]

"The only thing we can do is push through. Keep your wits about you and prepare yourself," Admin Bee met her uncertain gaze with a stalwart look of his own, though it may have been difficult for her to tell, given the mask her wore.[break][break]

"Who knows what's waiting for us further in."[break][break]

As if beckoned by his words, giant wings the color of a burning sky jutted from the mist, though the bulk of the creature remained obscured. Its silhouette looked similar to a SALAMENCE, but much, much larger.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]

TOTAL: 170 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for smog mission[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP for interdream mist/paradox pokemon[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -30px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,021 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 22:56:53 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]In the face of the admin's unshakable competence, Aurelie took a deep breath and wiped all expression from her face as she stared forward into the mist. Unlike her, the man seemed utterly unafraid of the mist, which she supposed made sense given the implication of much personal experience in his terse reply. In her peripheral vision, she even thought she saw a smile flicker across Barnaby Finch's face as he too studied the mist wafting toward them.

She squared her shoulders gamely and nodded. "You're right, of course, sir. So, wits gathered, resolve steeled. Once more into the breach, then?" she quipped. Aurelie was grateful that her voice stayed steady, even if it didn't sound quite as cold and resolute as his.

For a moment, she wondered if it were possible to DIG into the ground and tunnel through the earth itself to avoid the mist. But Aurelie dismissed the thought quickly. Air got everywhere, after all, and surely that meant the interdream mist did too. Still, even the possibility was enough to make her summon her STEELIX forth, if only to provide a potential alternate escape route from the mist.

Even before she could step forward herself, the mist itself began to roll in toward them as if of its own volition, its pinkish-purple color deepening and turning their world into a vaporous violet. And then, with an unsettling shudder that reminded her strangely of the RKS simulations, the environment around them began to change. Aurelie caught her breath in shock.

There were suggestions of lights and blurred shapes of something that rose all around them, defying clear understanding for a moment. The red-haired smith blinked rapidly, clearing her vision. They were standing in the middle of a wide, magnificent boulevard paved with cobblestones and lined with trees in full flower. She could smell the sweet scent of the springtime blossoms and even hear music and voices as lively crowds of people took form around them, chatting and strolling unconcernedly past.

"Excusez-moi, j'ai besoin d'aide..." "As-tu acheté du lait?" "Mais oui, j'aimerais vous revoir, madame..."

"Are we in...Kalos?" Aurelie breathed, the sights and sounds tugging at her heart with a sharp, bittersweet pain. She looked toward one end of the boulevard and gasped when she saw the familiar sundial sparkling and spinning its rings. "This is Anistar City!

"Or..."
A glitter of light in the corner of her eye caught her attention and she swiveled her head quizzically toward the other end of the boulevard. The Prism Tower rose in the distance, its unique silhouette unmistakable against the sapphire-blue evening sky. "Is this Lumiose City? At the same time? But...ho- No." Aurelie shook her head vigorously and asked a better question. "Why?"

- Succumbs to the mist, sees a Kalosian city boulevard with a landmark from Anistar City on one side and a landmark from Lumiose City on the other
- Wearing jeans, sneakers, oversized sunglasses, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up to hide her hair and face (Outfit reference)
- MP Points: 80 (50 from participation + 20 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 19:56:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Once more into the breach." The admin echoed, sounding more amused this time rather than unimpressed.[break][break]

That amusement quickly faded as the smog around them coalesced into a... startling familiar scene.[break][break]

She was right, of course. The mist merged the two cities in an almost seamless way, their token monuments opposed at either side of the boulevard.[break][break]

The sundial on one end was a blazing red the color of a stoked flame, immaculate and glistening in the afternoon sun. Prism Tower was its chromatic opposite, composed of cool steel and illuminated by vibrant greens and yellows.[break][break]

This was not ideal. could guess why Lumiose City, of all places, was manifesting now — it was his cherished hometown, after all.[break][break]

But he preferred that no one knew that, unless they had the security clearance to do so. most decidedly did not.[break][break]

"The mist has a way of bringing ones desires to the forefront." He explained, still calm despite his inward frustration at this inconvenience.[break][break]

"I assume you were born in Kalos? Or have some sort of emotional connection to it?" Barnaby asked, deflecting from his own connection to the region.

[break]

TOTAL: 180 MP[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -30px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,021 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 15:51:58 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie pursed her lips thoughtfully at Barnaby's explanation of the odd scene created by the interdream mist, marveling internally at the mist's power to create such vivid and realistic images. When he asked if she herself was Kalosian, she nodded. "Yes, I was born in Anistar City. And I have aunts, uncles, and cousins living in Lumiose City, which I've visited a handful of times."

She almost added, I thought the last name would give it away, but caught herself in time. What was a perfectly reasonable cheeky comment to say to a lovely woman met by chance in a spa wouldn't do at all in front of a stern, unsmiling Rocket admin in the middle of a war zone. Besides, Aurelie had more on her mind about the mist's effects.

"It's strange that it would only pull desires and memories out of my head and not yours as well," she remarked pensively, looking off in the distance toward the sundial.

Surely, Aurelie didn't have such a dominant personality that her mind would be the strongest source for the mist, between the two of them. At the same time, the admin's name was so quintessentially Galarian, though, and yet she saw no signs of any recognizable Galarian landmarks or even people on this busy Kalosian boulevard. Of course, many Rockets changed their names or used aliases, but she had nothing else to go on with Barnaby, whose mask of calm seemed impenetrable and faultless.

"But perhaps," Aurelie went on slowly, "your mind is simply better guarded against the mist than mine is. Especially considering that you've had more prior experience with it." She had no idea if that was truly how the mist worked, but the idea would suffice for now.

"I wonder why the sundial looks so fiery..." she commented, wondering if it was a trick of the sunlight in the vision. She turned toward it and took a single step in that direction, curious but cautious.

At once, the blazing red of the sundial flared up suddenly into a genuine, searing flame rising from its center. People began to run screaming from the area, some of them already showing singes and burns. Aurelie could feel the heat of the flame from here, tightening her skin. She let out a gasp; of all things, it felt like forge heat, fierce and focused and intense.

Then she too let out a scream as a swarm of Sableyes began pouring forth from the flame and filling the boulevard. Their claws were extended, and their gemstone eyes glinted malevolently as they all seemed to look directly at her. Aurelie clapped both hands defensively over her face, shielding her eyes on pure reflex. As if that was a cue, the Sableyes all instantly surged toward her in a teeming dark mass.

"Arceus! No! Get away! Stop it!" she cried out, freeing only her right hand so she could punch and kick blindly into the mass of Pokemon. "Don't come near me! I hate you! I hate you all!"

- Curious why the mist is "only" pulling from her mind, but also curious about the sundial
- Suddenly, sundial catches fire! Then SABLEYE SWARM! Aurelie freaks out as they all come at her and starts flailing furiously at them
- MP Points: 90 (50 from participation + 30 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 0:15:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Strange indeed..." And that was where would leave their conversation, allowing to draw her own conclusions.[break][break]

Instead, the admin focused on the manifestations surrounding them, and in particular on Anistar's infamous sundial. Just as she said, its fiery sheen suddenly turned three-dimensional and, with it, came a horde of ravenous SABLEYE.[break][break]

Immediately, Barnaby released his CHARIZARD to retaliate. And when he witnessed crumple in fear, he MEGA EVOLVED the dragon to compensate for the loss of backup. [break][break]

"Get it together!" Barnaby growled, his voice barely restrained as he reached for her arm within the mass of SABLEYE. He was not exempt from their greedy touch; claws raked at his arms, tearing the tough fabric there and scoring the skin beneath.[break][break]

He managed to drag her clear, giving his CHARIZARD an opportunity to release a concealing SMOKESCREEN. In the confusion he'd attempt to escape far enough into the mist, where the SABLEYE were less likely to follow.[break][break]

When there was a moment of reprieve he'd lean her back against a large stone jutting from the earth and level her with a searing, unnerving gaze.[break][break]

Though the mask concealed his face, there was no mistaking the cold anger in Barnaby's eyes.[break][break]

"Steel yourself, Aurelie." The ROCKET admin warned, his voice ominously low. [break][break]

"Or you won't make it out of this mist alive." Whether he meant by his hand or the mist creatures' was eerily uncertain.

[break]
MEGA CHARIZARD [1/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 200 MP[break]
+ 10 MP use mega evolution[break]

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,021 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 2:42:52 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Neither Barnaby's growled orders or stern grasp pierced through the thunderous internal tempest of hatred and fear that raged through her while the sudden Sableye swarm that clawed and scratched at her. What did finally penetrate, though, was the roar of his CHARIZARD as it was released from its Poke Ball and the hiss as it breathed out a shroud of smoke to conceal them.

At the sound of that hiss, Aurelie dared peek through the fingers covering her eyes. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw they were seemingly no longer in Anistar/Lumiose City. Instead, Aurelie was now leaning against a large rock, with Barnaby glaring down at her through his mask, while wisps of smoke still billowed around them.

Even better, the Sableyes were gone. Pulling her hands away from her face, the red-haired smith drew a shuddering breath. Her heart was still hammering from the visceral panic and painful memories that the Sableyes had evoked.

"Yes, sir," she managed, raising a hand to beckon to her STEELIX.

She heard the menace in Barnaby's voice as he warned her about not making it out of the mist alive if she didn't toughen up. But oddly, it didn't faze her. At the moment, Aurelie feared dying by his hand less than dying at the multitudinous tiny, grasping talons of the gem-eyed Pokemon that he'd dragged her away from.

"Thank you for getting me—for getting us—out of there," she added with surprising sincerity. "They're...a phobia of mine, as you might have guessed. Seeing so many of them coming for me all at once..."

Aurelie shook her head then and averted her gaze, looking instead at their smoke-veiled surroundings. Clearing her throat, she changed the subject. "I wonder where we are now. Is that something...moving in the mist?"

She pointed skyward as the smoke and mist around them slowly parted, as if blown by a sudden wind. A rhythmic flapping sound like mighty wingbeats echoed through the air. Her head tilted upward, Aurelie suddenly caught her breath as two huge avian forms soared into view, letting out harsh, ear-splitting cries as they passed overhead.

The one she didn't recognize had spiky orange plumage and bright yellow-and-black feet, though it looked a little like some photos of Zapdos she'd seen in history books. The other bird, however, was a majestic creature with purple, white, and black feathers that Aurelie recognized instantly from a battle twenty years ago in her memory. "...Galarian Articuno?" she whispered in awe.

The two Legendary birds flew past without seeming to notice them. The mist before them opened into a new vista under an ominous, overcast sky. In the distance, Aurelie glimpsed tall smokestacks, steam-powered machines, and industrial factories, as well as winding train tracks spilling with all-too-familiar purple sludge.

"Motostoke!" she gasped, her fear forgotten in wonder and confusion. "But it's the Motostoke from those memories..." She looked sidelong at Barnaby, remembering he had been there too back then. "Our Motostoke, I think."

- Recovers from her fear once Barnaby's Charizard uses a smokescreen to conceal them
- Thanks Barnaby for dragging her away from the Sableyes and admits she has a huge phobia of them
- Notices Galarian Zapdos and Articuno suddenly appear and fly away overhead, into what looks like the city of Motostoke from Rusted Shield
- MP Points: 100 (50 from participation + 40 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 0:12:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A phobia of SABLEYE? Barnaby noted and filed away that piece of information in the folds of his memory. For now, he didn't probe further and simply nodded in acknowledgment at her thanks.[break][break]

They had other things to contend with, anyway.[break][break]

"And Zapdos." The admin confirmed for her as the birds apparated from the mist, all too familiar in his mind after the recent events that transpired at ROCKET's last leadership meeting — when not two, but all three Galarian birds appeared out of thin air, much like what was happening now. Where was MOLTRES?[break][break]

"Incredible, really," But Barnaby's tone was not awestruck, nor reverent, nor even nostalgic as he looked upon the Motostoke of old. No, if anything, he sounded resentful at the fact that such a memory was being thrust into his face.[break][break]

He held no fondness for Galar. Except, perhaps, of lingering memories with . But even those he actively denied.[break][break]

"This mist is..." Dangerous. "Powerful. To conjure flesh and blood from nothing..."[break][break]

Such a thing would be a boon under ROCKET control. But could the mist be tamed?[break][break]

"We need to keep moving."

[break]
MEGA CHARIZARD [2/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 210 MP[break]

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,021 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 19:10:14 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Almost as soon as she'd said it, Aurelie regretted saying aloud to the already-disapproving Rocket admin that her visceral reaction to the Sableyes was a phobia. She was sure that the brief flicker of his eyelids at her admission was yet another sign of his contempt. After all, he'd already made it clear that honesty and weakness alike had no place in his Rocket.

Making her expression neutral again, she tilted her head questioningly when no third avian Pokemon appeared to complete the trio of Legendary birds. "No Moltres?" she mused aloud, echoing Barnaby's unspoken thought. "I wonder why."

Then Aurelie shook her head, dismissing the thought. "But you're right, we should keep moving." To her surprise, she thought she saw a look of—annoyance? Frustration?—on the admin's face as he gazed toward Motostoke, making her wonder what unpleasant memories were associated with their past travails in Galar.

They walked through the city, surveying their surroundings warily. At first, Aurelie didn't see anything unusual. She even smiled nostalgically when she recognized some of the civic improvements that she, , and had planned and implemented around the city.

But then, she looked closer at the faces of the citizens, and her single eye widened. Unlike in Lumiose City/Anistar City, the people here took notice of them, turning around to watch Aurelie and Barnaby in eerie silence as they passed. And here, for some reason, every man looked exactly like Caleb—tall, dark-haired, and blue-eyed—and every woman like : some blond, some black-haired.

Dare I...say anything? Aurelie wondered. Arceus, I know he'll probably bite my head off if I do. But...I want to know!

"Have you noticed the people around here?" she ventured to ask, at last. "What do you make of their looks?"

- Walks through Motostoke pretty uneventfully
- Notices everyone's faces look a bit...unexpected and tries to ask somewhat tactfully about it
- MP Points: 110 (50 from participation + 50 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 1:23:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Honesty had its place in 's ROCKET. He expected it from his subordinates, of course — and was not exempt from this expectation. How else could she improve, if she were not honest with herself?[break][break]

But weakness? That did not serve them nor their ambitions. She'd been warned. Shape up...[break][break]

Or else. Tolerance and patience only lasted so long in Barnaby's ROCKET.[break][break]

"Why indeed. Perhaps because it was absent from Galar?" A logical deflection, and one that didn't require a lengthy inspection. The conversation moved on.[break][break]

Unfortunately, not to anything more pleasant.[break][break]

Machinations of lost lovers appeared all around — reminders of an era best suppressed. Here, in Motostoke, had no ROCKET to ground him. It had been a terrible, languishing time.[break][break]

and had been its only saving grace. That had hardly been kept a secret, then. And it was no secret now.[break][break]

Two figures approached Barnaby. One man, one woman. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her cheek on the broadside of his back. He tenderly cupped his jaw beneath the mask, stormy eyes fervent and expectant, as if waiting for something more. [break][break]

They lingered there for a small moment.[break][break]

"Familiar." Was all Barnaby would say before continuing on, leaving the mist-born beings to disappear in a cloud of pink smog.

[break]
MEGA CHARIZARD [3/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 470 MP[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" an RT battle/mission[break]

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,021 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 3:49:19 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie watched with undisguised interest, one corner of her mouth curling upward in a faint smirk, as two beautiful, amorous figures approached the Rocket admin to offer their affections. She remembered seeing coming back to the castle in the morning with violet shadows under his eyes and a tender smile on his lips. And who hadn't heard about the Spectrier-riding courier frequently haunting the Witch of Motostoke's tower?

"Lucky you," she remarked in a low murmur as they walked on, leaving the two figures behind.

From Aurelie's perspective, the mist had brought forth a specter from her most painful memories. Yet for Barnaby, it had produced the forms of his lovers. With her fond nostalgia for the life that she'd led in Galar, so similar yet so different from her life in Hoenn, she had no inkling of the despite with which Barnaby viewed his time in medieval memory-Galar.

As she wryly shook her head, the two of them walked on through the city, which was becoming further pervaded by the swirling pink mist. Ahead of them, though, Aurelie could see a gap in the mist and a hint of daylight peeking through. Unconsciously, she sped up, hoping for an escape.

The mist thickened around them as they proceeded forward, obscuring vision and even sound. It clung to them, almost like nebulous fingers of fog trying to hold them back. Aurelie breathed in a strand of the mist and began to cough, raspily.

Holding her breath, she ran toward the gap in the mist. And there, when they reached the gap, there was a light breeze, and the mist receded before it like ordinary vapor. The world around them became clear again, and she could see the rising slope of a mountain before them, littered with rocks and gravel.

Aurelie drew in a long breath at last. "Well, I guess we finally made it out. Thank Arceus. Now, we can finally carry out the mission we came here to do."

- Finally escape from the mist!
- MP Points: 470 (50 from participation + 60 for posts + 10 for interdream mist + 100 for Smog mission + 250 for tie)

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 3:08:24 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: