jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
SHORE: JACK & BARNABY [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 1:46:47 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack patrolled the rocky shore of the island with his mouth set into a hard, thin line. His normally warm eyes were hard and cold from the past hours of conflict as he scanned up and down the waterline. Walking beside him, his Torterra loomed over him, casting a shadow that matched the Ranger's mood.[break][break]

Every gust of wind, every breaking wave, every loose pebble set Jack's nerves alight with the terrible thrill of battle. Thinking back to his encounters on the island with masked Rockets was enough to set his gut aflame with rage again. Jack reached out and placed a hand against the steadying influence of his Torterra and let the feeling subside before continuing his patrol of the island's shoreline.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

MP total: 10 (posts) + 50 (participation) = 60[break]
Jack is patrolling the beach in his Ranger uniform.[break]
Torterra is out and walking beside Jack.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 1:40:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

As patrolled the shoreline, he would find that over time a thick, obscuring mist had traveled down from further inland, surrounding both him and his lumbering TORTERRA. There was no escaping its all-encompassing hold.[break][break]

So, when an ICE BEAM shot out from the smog toward his Pokémon, it was likely he'd be caught unawares. Whether it hit its target or not, the pure power radiating from the attack cleared the mist around its initiator — a stamping GLASTRIER ridden by a masked rider.[break][break]

"Return your Pokémon and surrender."[break][break]

Implied was the threat of what would happen if was faced with noncompliance.[break][break]

Or else you'll wish you had.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]

TOTAL: 170 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for shore mission[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP for interdream mist/paradox pokemon[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -30px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 18:21:41 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack's scowl deepened as the fog rolled in from the interior of the island, deepening his feeling of isolation and his sour mood at this entire ordeal. Whether it was instincts honed from his experience in Galar or something else, Jack leapt aside as a beam of ice shot from within the obscuring smog, slamming into a boulder as he rolled free from the blast. He pushed himself to his feet and shook the stars from his eye as another masked figured appeared where the smog was blown away from the origin of the attack. These arseholes just don't quit, do they? he thought to himself.[break][break]

Jack nearly laughed at the audacity of the masked rider's command to surrender. Glancing toward his Torterra, he noted that the ice beam had swept across her body, freezing her to the ground. With no chance for a direct assault, Jack spoke low as he commanded his pokemon to ready for a leaf storm against their attacker.[break][break]

"No, thank you," Jack called back politely as a blast of wind whipped a storm of slicing leaves around the Glastrier and its rider.

NOTES

MP total: 20 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (interdream mist) = 80[break]
Torterra is hit by the ice beam and frozen to the ground.[break]
Torterra uses leaf storm against Glastrier.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:18:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Behind his mask, Barnaby's smile was sharp as a knife. [break][break]

Of course, he expected resistance. These types of encounters were rarely that simple. However, he didn't add fuel to the flame by deigning the ranger's noncompliance with a verbal reply. No words followed Jack's foolish decision.[break][break]

Only action.[break][break]

With a smack to the GLASTRIER's shoulder, suddenly galloped forward — through the LEAF STORM, letting his steed take the brunt of the damage. Cuts began to appear along its chest, its flank, its hindquarters, but the pain only seemed to encourage it more.[break][break]

Its hoofbeats pounded against the earth like war drums, echoing off the swirling mist.[break][break]

Within seconds they were upon the enemy and, in one fluid motion, Barnaby vaulted over the back of his horse, legs held together in an attempt to jump kick square in the chest.[break][break]

GLASTRIER positioned itself between them and the TORTERRA, boosting its IRON DEFENSE as a barricade to stop any interruptions by the Continent Pokémon.

[break]

TOTAL: 180 MP[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -30px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 0:08:28 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack's mouth fell open in surprise as the masked rider surged forward into the leaf storm intentionally, seemingly heedless of the wounds they were enduring. What the fu- Jack's thought never finished as the masked figure vaulted off the Glastrier and kicked him full on in the chest. The barren shore whirled through his vision in a spiral of gray and blue as he flew backwards, landing hard and rolling head over heels before coming to rest on his back.[break][break]

Panic gripped him as he labored for breath before finally managing a deep inhalation that sent fire burning along one side of his chest. He managed to push himself up onto one elbow as blood ran down his face and dripped from his chin. Blinking away his blurring vision, he saw his Torterra snapping away at the defending Glastrier with powerful crunches of its maw. His vision sharpened and the masked assailant was there, standing between him and the pokemon

NOTES

MP total: 30 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (interdream mist) = 90[break]
Jack is hit by the figure's kick and flies backward to the ground.[break]
Torterra uses crunch against Glastrier.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 1:31:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The TORTERRA would never even step close enough to CRUNCH down on its opponent. [break][break]

Instead, GLASTRIER used its inherent control over ice and snow to summon a volley of frozen spears from the water vapor in the air. Within seconds the ICICLE CRASH rained down, skewering 's Pokémon dozens of times over every inch of its body. The Pokémon fell to its knees with an agonized groan, but quickly stilled.[break][break]

Its blood formed small inlets through the sand, one of which crossed under Barnaby's boot as he approached the downed ranger.[break][break]

"You should have obeyed," Barnaby chided while clicking his tongue; swiftly, he'd then staddle Jack before he could collect himself enough to stand.[break][break]

"But surely you'll give me what I want now." In this position, the man's arms were pinned to his sides by Barnaby's legs. Even if he struggled it was unlikely he'd be able to get free.[break][break]

With this in mind, the ROCKET admin unsheathed his combat knife.[break][break]

He lightly trailed the edge along Jack's jaw.[break][break]

"Tell me what you know." About LEAGUE operations here at the mountain, of course.

[break]

TOTAL: 200 MP[break]
+ 10 MP for killing a person's pokemon[break]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 21:44:42 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Fire burned along his ribs as Jack attempted to raise himself up on his elbows. Even from his downed position, he could clearly see the icicle crash stab through Torterra as the pokemon slumped down in defeat, its life bleeding away into the hungry sand. As his pokemon expired, the wail that rose in Jack's chest was choked away by the flare of pain in his ribs, leaving him only gasping.[break][break]

Jack's grief stricken mind didn't register the masked Rocket's proximity until he was already on him. He struggled vainly against the figure's constraining legs but stilled immediately as the cold blade of the knife caressed his jaw. Jack looked up at the mask helplessly, the cold and unfeeling facelessness filling him with incoherent rage and bottomless despair that warred within him as he lay frozen under the blade. The Rocket's demand for information seemed to pierce him through the heart, leaving him in the position of dying or betraying the League and leaving them vulnerable.[break][break]

A stinging pressure on Jack's breast helped him make the decision: the Ranger Cadet pin in his uniform pressing down into his skin from the figure's weight. "I don't know anything," Jack lied.

NOTES

MP total: 40 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (interdream mist) + 200 (pokemon death) = 300[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 0:55:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"I don't believe that."[break][break]

By virtue of being a ranger, he wouldn't be here without some sort of information guiding him.[break][break]

was similar in a way. He had his own goals and ambitions in mind for the island. And there was a timeline to consider, after all. He couldn't waste precious seconds on a stonewalling LEAGUE dog like the one currently between his legs.[break][break]

Without hesitation, the admin plunged his combat knife into the crevice where humerus met torso, being sure to avoid any of Jack's major arteries. [break][break]

The aim was to inflict pain, not kill. For now.[break][break]

But surely no meager pin could possibly compare to the searing metal now lodged in 's shoulder.[break][break]

"Now, if you don't want to share the same fate as your Torterra," Barnaby leaned in, intently watching the other man's face. Enjoying how it faltered in agony.[break][break]

"Talk."

[break]

TOTAL: 210 MP[break]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 16:07:15 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

A scream ripped from Jack's throat as the knife plunged into him and his vision went blurry with tears of pain. He struggled uncontrollably against the agony even as the figure's legs pinned him down and gastro acid burned in his throat. He willed himself stop to no avail; the panic and worry of his movement causing the knife to sever something critical were no match for the simple pain that had set his nerves screaming. He clamped his eyes and mouth shut and bit his tongue, feeling the metallic taste of blood coat his tongue while his fingers scrambled helplessly in the sand behind his assailant's knees.[break][break]

His convulsing hands scrabbled against something smooth and spherical on his beltline. Salvation.[break][break]

Desperately swiping his finger for the button he knew must be there, Jack felt the pokeball pop open with the tell-tale sound of a materializing pokemon. He forced his eyes open as he felt the phantom force of his Mismagius begin to jerk him away.[break][break]

The cruel, emotionless mask filled his vision as he was whisked away.

NOTES

MP total: 50 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (interdream mist) + 200 (pokemon death) + 100 (mission complete) + 300 (loss) = 710[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 1:18:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Once the MISMAGIUS materialized beside them, Barnaby had little time to react before his interrogation was cut short. A dark energy pulled at , quickly sending him and his Pokémon through another plane, and eventually to a separate location on the island altogether.[break][break]

The hilt of 's knife was left intact, with the blade still plunged deep into the meat of Jack's shoulder. A souvenir for the ranger to remember their rendezvous by.[break][break]

With that, the ROCKET admin stood to his feet. His GLASTRIER, as bloodied now as he was, rejoined him with a soft nicker. A moment passed between them, where Barnaby checked the horse's wounds and assessed its current capacity for battle.[break][break]

He felt himself wince as he raised a hand to the Pokémon's flank.[break][break]

Perhaps it was time they both visited a medic.

[break]

TOTAL: 420 MP[break]
+ 200 MP for "winning" an RT battle/mission[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 4:06:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: