Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Before They Hatch [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 7:51:30 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

mika believes that being a ranger has always been her calling, and her belief is reinforced on days like these when she works with her fellow rangers. despite being stationed in fortree city, mika travels throughout hoenn quite often, and her trip to ever grande city is no exception. to work with her amazing peers no matter what branch they're a part of only sweetens the experience. while reticence is her first instinct and quietude her fast comfort, there is something satisfying about working with another person. [break][break]

in this case, elise and mika had met previously, and both had been tasked with making sure all was well in the route leading up to ever grande city proper. it's not a terrible job to be tasked with — the beautiful seaside that will eventually disappear as the cliffs drive upward are a wondrous sight to behold. mika could stare out into the ocean all day if that were her job, too. [break][break]

only now the horizon is dotted by dark silhouettes against the sky. lots of flying-type pokemon, and more than what looks normal for a migration path. she glances at elise, concerned. "it is that time of year, you don't think that...?" [break][break]

she doesn't have time to form her next thought as mika's prinplup makes a distressed noise, and points in the direction of the beach. mika walks alongside elise and keeps apace with her prinplup at the same time. then, as they reach the sandy shores, the problem becomes all too easy to understand. [break][break]

tirtouga eggs, dozens if not hundreds (hopefully not thousands, but if it is, then they'll have to deal with that, too) of them, scattered throughout the sand banks. and from the looks of it, they're set to hatch. some are already making their way to the water, but others are not as lucky. there are too many predator pokemon about, poaching the baby tirtougas before they've even had a chance to live. [break][break]

she turns to elise and says, "i think we should help them. perhaps i'll have my talonflame take to the sky and ward off fliers, while my prinplup works on the ground. and your pokemon will be placed where you think is best, of course. is that a sound plan to you?"

[break][break]

+ | i hope this is an alright place to start!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Before They Hatch [M]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 3:11:22 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Both the purple-haired ranger cadet and the newer recruit met previously, so they were both given a task to do at the beach in Route 128, closer to Ever Grande City. Up in the sky were shadows of wild flying type Pokemon where they were circling around to get to their prey while Elise heard Mika talk about the season being the time of year for migration. “I would think so, the colder months are especially a time that flying Pokemon would get to migrate to warmer areas.” She replied while there was a distressed scream coming from the direction that Mika’s Pokemon would point at.[break][break]

Dozens of Tirtouga eggs greeted the pair of rangers when they would walk in that direction as the blue-haired female ranger recruit outlines her team’s roles in protecting the eggs. “That does sound like a good plan, Mika. I wil have my Braviary help your Talonflame while my Mismagius and Larvitar will be the front line fighters and assist with guarding them from predators.” Releasing her three Pokemon outside after Elise makes her reply to Mika, Hubert the Braviary flies up into the air to help deal with the other wild bird Pokemon while Mana and Geoffrey stand guard with the Tirtouga eggs about to hatch in order to protect them.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Before They Hatch [M]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 17:08:32 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"thank you. then let's get started." she summons her talonflame, as well, and the scorching bird pokemon joins elise's braviary in the sky, the two of them squaring up against the offending wild bird pokemon. "talonflame, work together, okay?" not that it has a problem following orders, but it can sometimes get ahead of itself, even if it doesn't mean to. the fire bird nods and looks to the braviary with a look of camaraderie. [break][break]

in the meantime, mika's prinplup rushes over to ward more ground pokemon away. mika gives it a command, and the prinplup uses its fury attack to scare off some offending krabby. the sound of beak against shell is piercing, but as long as it's not a tirtouga egg shell, then mika will tolerate it. [break][break]

mika also summons their cherubi to the field, since the grass typing could be useful against the other water types. "stay close to me for now," they order the cherubi. then she glances at elise and her pokemon; how are they doing, and what can mika learn from her senior ranger? she's all too eager to find out.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Before They Hatch [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 23:42:16 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Her Braviary flies through the sky as he sees the other flying types soar in to make trouble for the two rangers protecting the turtle Pokemon. Hubert engages in Close Combat with one of the Staraptor from the flock when the other one tries to engage with the blue-haired ranger’s Talonflame. Below from the flying flock of birds, the witch ghost and her green Larvitar partner see the incoming flock of Staraptor try to attack the nest when Hubert didn’t appear to cover their ground.[break][break]

“Prepare for a fight against those Staraptor. They’re threats to the nest we’re protecting.” Elise warns her co-worker while the Larvitar throws a Stone Edge and pelts the Staraptor swooping at the nest. Mana shoots out a bolt of electricity as the Thunderbolt hits a wild Staraptor coming to help its injured comrade.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Before They Hatch [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 17:30:53 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

her talonflame soars through the air, and uses acrobatics to engage some of the other unruly fliers, keeping up with elise's braviary while also trying to prove its own worth. mika trusts them to take care of what they can, but she also notes that other staraptor are still intent on diving towards the ground. [break][break]

"yes, absolutely." she commands her prinplup to use whirlpool, and the penguin pokemon summons a spiraling deluge of water to ward off the wild pokemon, halting the swooping staraptors in mid-flight. [break][break]

meanwhile, more curious pokemon get a little too close to the eggs for mika's liking. she glances down at cherubi, and gives the little fruit pokemon an encouraging nod. "let's use magical leaf on anyone that gets too close, okay?" at once, the cherubi sends out razor sharp leaves in the direction of an aggressive crabrawler, and cries out in triumph when she's managed to ward it off. good, mika thinks. they're keeping up!

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights