Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:03:20 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As night descended upon Slateport, half of the city began their rituals to wind down for the day. The other half, however, stirred awake. Neon lights blinked OPEN and the shutters on food stalls drew open. Strolling down the main boulevard of the lower district, Zev watched as the night market came to life.[break][break]

With his apartment mere blocks away, he was no stranger to the hustle and bustle of the market. Yet he enjoyed the culinary experience every time, even if he disdained the tourism it attracted and the souvenir booths peddling cheap knicknacks.[break][break]

But there was no better place to practice his civilian persona, especially when he was in the midst of the crowd with a "friend."[break][break]

"Is this your first time visiting the night market, Jack?" Zev asked the other man in between bites of a SLOWPOKE TAIL. His Espeon, a frequent companion of his while in public, strode alongside him.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: All-Nighter (DD)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 22:26:45 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack didn't respond to Zev's question immediately, instead snapping away at the hustle and bustle of Slateport's Night Market. "Sorry," he apologized as he lowered his camera, "the way the crowd was moving framed that stall up perfectly and I didn't want to miss the shot."[break][break]

"No, this is my first visit. Thank you for inviting me out, this is going to be a hit on the blog and I am in desperate need of a little fun anyway!" Jack smiled at his friend before turning to a food stall near them. He passed over the slowpoke tails in favor of a candy apple, imported from Kitikami according to the vendor. While slowpoke tail was considered a delicacy in some regions and legal for sale in Hoenn, the long history of poaching and abuse still bothered Jack enough to avoid eating it on ethical grounds.[break][break]

Jack bit into the apple, the soft candy coating giving way to a delightfully crisp crunch of the apple. "Mmmmm, this is good," he said to Zev before heading back out into the stream of people. "It's been a bit, how have you been? Did the League send over payment for that combee issue yet?" he asked his friend in between bites of the food.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Mission: All-Nighter (DD)[break]
Bewitching Brews: slowpoke tail[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 13:54:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"No problem, man," Zev said about Jack's photography. "Take as much time as you want. I've been everywhere in these streets and seen everything, so it's all old news to me."[break][break]

He flashed a grin before turning back to his snack. The two men and their Pokémon wove through the crowds, taking in the sights, smells, and sounds. A WOBBUFFET waddled up bearing a tray of dumpling samples.[break][break]

Zev slowed his pace in case Jack wanted to try some and take more photos. "They did, which was pretty nice of them. Did they find out anything more about that gem?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:16:33 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Sensing the slowing of Zev's pace when the wobuffet appeared, Jack admired the man's knack for understanding what others needed and helping them get it. In this case, what Jack needed was a photo, so, with the nodded assent of the pokemon, another rapid round of shutter clicks filled the air. Thanking the wobuffet, Jack also accepted a dumpling sample and passed half of it to Watts before continuing on again.[break][break]

"I'm glad they paid out; sometimes payment requisitions can take forever," Jack said after swallowing the dumpling. "Haven't heard anything back from the lab about the gem but the Rangers have had me out on other assignments anyway."[break][break]

Jack turned to his friend and leaned in conspiratorily. "Have you heard about the new island that come out of the sea on Route 105? Lots of fighting between the League and Rocket out there. I got busted up pretty bad in a couple of scraps, but I did pretty well all things considered. I even got a promotion out of it," Jack grinned as he fished a blue enameled Ranger pin from his pocket and showed it to Zev, the item still held within a protective plastic wrapper. Jack shrugged as he remembered his plunge into the ocean on Poe's unconscious back and added, "Nasty bit of business though. Not sure if they've really been honest about it on the news."

NOTES

Bewitching Brews: wobuffet[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 16:55:06 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev considered the enamel pin held between Jack's fingers. His eyes lingered on the unobtrusive chunk of metal wrapped in plastic before rising to look into Jack's face.[break][break]

Of course Zev knew about the new island on Route 105. He had been there, dressed for war, armed to the teeth. He had fought head-to-head against Jack, their MEGA EVOLVED Pokémon clashing in the skies above the beach.[break][break]

Zev's mask had been the only reason Jack stood in front of him in the night market, oblivious as always. Otherwise, he doubted the other man would be smiling so broadly at his enemy.[break][break]

None of these thoughts showed on Zev's face. Instead, he beamed at Jack, summoning all the excitement and pride he knew to muster in his expression. "A promotion? Congratulations!" he exclaimed, clapping Jack on the back.[break][break]

But then he grew somber. "The news is being pretty vague about that new island. I haven't heard much, just that the League had to deal with a few Rocket forces. It sounded like a small group, though. Did you really get busted up?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 17:18:09 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Pride swelled in Jack's chest as Zev's hand clapped him on the back. "Thanks, mate," Jack said, buoyed by his friend's approval, "I do the work because it's the right thing to do, but a promotion still feels good after all the bad things."[break][break]

Thinking back to his experience on the island, Jack lowered his voice before responding, glancing around for any League officers. "I'd say it was more than 'a few' but I haven't seen any official reports on numbers yet. Felt like more than a few at least, or maybe a few of their heaviest hitters. I'd bet the League is downplaying it to avoid alarming you civilians. But yeah, Poe and I got taken down pretty hard by one of their Charizards in an aerial battle. Hard to hold out when it is a fire-type on steel like that though, you know? And some arsehat on a Glastrier almost finished me off. A Glastrier, can you believe that shite? I gave some of them as good as I got, though."[break][break]

"Enough about that though, you've got nothing to worry about there. How about you? Last time we talked you mentioned you and your girlfriend were doing well. Is that still a thing?" Jack tilted his head curiously.

NOTES

Bewitching Brews: fire-type[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 18:26:37 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev shook his head in false wonder at the battles Jack experienced on the island. That Charizard was Zev's own, of course, but only members of Team Rocket knew that. He kept a separate collection of Pokémon strictly for public appearances. The tactic helped him lower the chances of being recognized for his true identity while unmasked.[break][break]

"That's rough. I'm surprised you made it out in one piece." There was, perhaps, a little truth in that statement.[break][break]

The men continued their stroll through the night market, passing more food stalls and souvenir vendors. A MACHOP hustled between tables, bringing meals to waiting customers on plastic trays. Across the street, a group of men laughed uproariously as they played a game of cards.[break][break]

Jack's question drew Zev's attention away from the observation of his surroundings. "Oh, eh, yeah, that's still a thing. We've been dating for a while now. Her name's Nenet, and she works at the Mossdeep Space Center."[break][break]

Zev shared the information casually, as he imagined any normal person might. Little did he know Jack had already met and had even visited her at work.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 19:07:53 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack eyed the souvenir vendors as the men walked. He wasn't big on these types of things since they tended to be cheap and poorly made, but he'd be an awful travel blogger if he didn't at least take note of what was for sale.[break][break]

At the mention of Nenet's name Jack whirled toward Zev, gabbing the man's elbow excitedly. "I know Nenet! She is amazing! I interviewed her for the blog about the Space Center's ultra space exhibit." Jack beamed widely at his friend finding such a good match for himself. Jack sometimes worried about Zev as the man was getting on in his years, but he felt relieved that his friend would have such a capable woman in his life.[break][break]

"Wow," Jack continued, nearly bouncing with excitement, "We should do a double date! I bet Aurelie would love to meet you both. And Xiura too!" He rubbed his chin before he turned back to Zev, "Well I guess that is double and a half date, but we can work on the logistics of it. I'm so happy for you!" Even Watts was excited for Zev with the Boltund racing in circles around the pair, sending golden sparks into the night air.

NOTES

Bewitching Brews: ultra space[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 21:02:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Jack knew Nenet.[break][break]

Zev swore in his head, despite the grin that spread across his face.[break][break]

Of course a traveling blogger and photographer would have interest in the Mossdeep Space Center and its exhibits. And of course Nenet would be at the ULTRA SPACE one, considering her interest in it, one Zev recently began to share with her.[break][break]

"Oh yeah? I was at the exhibit not too long ago, too, when it first opened." That much was not a lie. "I know she's doing tours and interviews for it, but I never thought you'd run into her. Small world, huh?"[break][break]

But Jack did not stop there. He also mentioned and , both secretly members of Team Rocket. His familiarity with them was a good indication of just how much the crime syndicate had infiltrated the very fabric of everyday life in the region.[break][break]

However, Zev had to stop at the implication of the term 'double date'.[break][break]

"Wait, are you dating Aurelie?" He blinked, genuinely astounded. What did she see in a man like Jack?[break][break]

At least it was not odd for Zev to know her. He'd won the cooking competition she'd hosted, after all, and she made the knives his chefs used in Howling at the Moon's kitchen.[break][break]

Xiura, on the other hand, was someone to whom Zev had no obvious ties. "Who's Xiura? Is she one of your Pokémon? Or one of Aurelie's?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 22:43:27 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"I know, right? We actually met catching pokemon while I was out on patrol," Jack said, expanding on just how chance of a meeting it was for him and . "Great exhibit though, I can't wait for the Center to finish more models of the ultra beasts for the exhibit."[break][break]

"Ah, shite, I thought I told you Aurelie and I were dating. Sorry, didn't mean to just spring it on you like that," Jack apologized to Zev as he stopped to peruse some photo prints at one of the stalls. He wasn't surprised that Zev knew since she was, in Jack's opinion, the finest smith in all of Hoenn and also very good looking, Jack assumed Zev met her at one of his restaurant trade shows. After perusing for a bit, Jack didn't see anything he really wanted but the photography was good so he grabbed a business card before stepping back into the flow of people on the street.[break][break]

"Xiura is, uh, my other girlfriend, I guess," Jack said a little uncertainly, rubbing his palm awkwardly over the back of his neck. "Still a bit new with Xiura, but Aurelie and I have been together for a bit now, off and on, obviously since I was away in Galar for awhile."[break][break]

After thinking for a bit, Jack added, "Probably too soon to invite Xiura on that big of a date, but I'm sure Aurelie would love to see you again and meet Nenet. Want me to set something up?"

NOTES

Bewitching Brews: ultra beats[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 0:33:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev had an excellent memory. If Jack had said he was dating Aurelie, Zev was sure he'd remember. Or perhaps it was one of those things that was better left un-remembered, and he'd purposefully discarded it as irrelevant.[break][break]

Considering how Jack disappeared for nearly a year amidst the DESTRUCTION OF GALAR, that might as well have been the case.[break][break]

"Your other girlfriend?" Zev echoed, more surprised than he thought he could possibly be. In fact, he was at a loss for words.[break][break]

It wasn't that he didn't understand sleeping around; on the contrary, he was quite familiar with that concept. Until Nenet, he hadn't considered himself beholden to monogamy simply because no other woman had captured his interest as much as she did.[break][break]

But Jack was talking about a relationship based on romantic interest—something Zev did not understand. And moreover, multiple women with romantic interest in him.[break][break]

"It's not a bad idea. Let me talk to Nenet first, though," Zev said mildly, navigating that social landmine with all the political maneuvering he knew to wield. "She's a fairly busy woman."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A NIGHT ON THE TOWN [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:39:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: