6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 3:08:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had worked hard to get to where he was as one of Mauville's top Rangers. By now, his pride of Pyroar had become well-known for their keen senses, able to find and rescue disaster victims even other Pokémon would have trouble sniffing out. He couldn't have risen so far without the help of the people he worked beneath and those he worked above. One of those rising stars was . Though not officially a Ranger, the singer had done a lot of Ranger work with Josh, and very easily could have become a prominent one.

As much as it hurt his budget to request a small room in the private dining area at The Checkered Flag in Mauville, this was a special occasion. Their server led them to the back, putting the Slateport-Lilycove PFL game on television at the Gym Leader's request. As he sat down at the table to make small talk with Evette, he leaned on the switch of one of his Poké Balls by mistake. From within emerged a Shaymin that crawled up his back and curled on top of his head. The scent of Gracidea filled the air. "Great day for a burger and beer, huh? Well, that's what I would say if I drank adult beverages. Still, it's a great day for what's probably the most watched football game in Hoenn. Slateport and Lilycove might be the biggest rivalry in the whole league."

{WC: 240}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Shaymin       Shaymin        Good
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 18:41:17 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

She had not exactly expected to get into the ranger business in any way, but here she was. Though, honestly, she had mostly been helping out sometimes when it seemed like she could. But she would never consider herself one of them, nonetheless. When the going got too tough, she did not get too close to the danger. And she was not one who wanted to take orders much, either, even though she knew how helpful that was for a big organization.
[break][break]
Hence, she had never thought about joining. Which made it somewhat embarrassing to be considered an asset by them. Not that she was one who shied from the spotlight – she had grown up in that. But she just felt like there were probably a lot of young rangers much more deserving of praise. Or an invitation to a dining area like this by one of the higher ups. Not that she had known that he was one when helping out before. Nor had she looked to rise up any ladders or the like.
[break][break]
Eve just did what she did. And she had almost declined the offer because of that. Yet, she knew that she would just feel bad about that in the end, so ultimately, she had still come back to the establishment. She had been here before, after all. Just in a much less formal environment. This time, she had decided against some kind of gala dress and instead gone for a blazer, shirt and skirt combination that would almost peg her for an office lady. But she could never shake her more exotic looks still, so that was not really working for her either.
[break][break]
Still, when she came she was a bit more stiff than usual – at least in the first moment, before she saw the Pokemon on the table. Eve did not complain about the one that then went onto the other person’s head. Instead, she immediately eyed it curiously. “What is that? It looks so cute. Is that what makes this smell?” Her questions came unusually quick and direct. Something she soon caught herself for and coughed lightly. “I mean…good evening, Ranger Devlin.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 22:13:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh could feel the tension in the way Eve addressed him. "You don't have to be so formal with me, Evette! Please, just call me Josh, like you always have when we were on the job together," the Gym Leader tried to break the ice as he watched Lilycove receive the kickoff. While he was invested in the game, he was also invested in his meeting. This wasn't just about a dinner; he would be exchanging Pokémon with the singer. Quite rare Pokémon at that.

"They're a Shaymin," Josh introduced the small, green Pokémon. "Yep, they're where the scent is coming from. They're a very rare Pokémon you don't see in Hoenn often. Even if I told you the story of how we met, you wouldn't believe me." The trip up to the sky island where the two met and battled was like something out of a fantasy novel. The battle was intense; even with his type advantage, the Shaymin nearly took down three of his Pokémon. This was the kind of power he had sought since battling at Meteno.

It was a shame that, even after the Gracidea bloomed and they transformed into a Pokémon that could fly, they would simply be too small for Josh to raise, given his career path.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 21:56:04 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Had she even called him by that name? She could not remember. Eve was just about always formal when on jobs, keeping things professional. Even when it was not her chosen profession, she knew that it was that of others. It was just common courtesy to meet them on that level.
[break][break]
On the flipside, she tended to not get mad when people she knew just casually used her name like that. She only disliked it when her mother used that in a certain way, or strangers acted way too casually with her. “Being formal isn’t all that bad if you ask me,” she replied, though she was mostly focused on the little grassy one.
[break][break]
It did smell nice, after all. Though that certainly wasn’t everything about it that intrigued her. “A Shaymin. Interesting. Maybe one day I will find one, too.” He had framed it like quite an adventure to acquire one, but she figured that he was overselling that. Everyone was, after all. Hence, she gave a brief chuckle. “Though you would not believe just what I learned to believe since coming to Hoenn. You could tell me you found it in a hidden cave in an active volcano and I’d only doubt it since this is definitely not a fire type.”

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 15:51:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As much as Josh did not care for formalities, he understood why people would want to, particularly when speaking with people that were their "superiors". The Gym Leader didn't think of himself as a boss, though. "There's a time and a place for formality," he admitted, Shaymin mewing.

Hoenn was certainly a region with an affinity for the supernatural. The Gym Leader's Sygna Suit, making Saber fast as a Raikou, was his taste of that kind of power. His Pokémon were lightning fast, and his suit made him able to handle that lightning speed beyond anyone else he knew. "Tell me about it. Since coming here, I feel like I've seen everything. But I'll tell you about how I met this little one."

Their waiter had, by now, with their drinks. A tall glass of lemonade never tasted so good. "If you're ready to order, I am," Josh said to Evette. "Steakburger combo with bacon, medium well, please." While the Leader occasionally ordered other items from the menu, that entrée was what kept him coming back.

Once both their orders had been taken, Josh recounted the tale of how he met his Shaymin. "I dunno if you've seen it, but there's a pretty deep crater near 117's backwoods. That was where and I had a big battle near a Gracidea grove to help prepare me for the Champion Assessment, and for the war. That experience has already saved my life twice over. One day, when I went to check it, a bridge of flowers beckoned me high above Hoenn, to a sky island where this little one was awaiting me."

{WC: 272}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 21:07:20 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I will stick with this salad for today,” she replied, pointing at the item in the menu. While not a vegetarian, she had always had healthy eating habits drilled into her from a young age. Plus, she felt like eating light. Though the thought occurred to her that ordering a vegetable-based dish in front of a plant-like Pokemon might be a bit off. Then again, these types never had issues with other Pokemon eating plants, so she figured that this would be fine, too.
[break][break]
For now though, she took her sparkling water and sipped a bit from it while the Gym Leader recounted the events of a fateful meeting. It did sound a bit outlandish, sure, but she took it at face value. This man was probably not prone to making up stories to make himself look good or anything like that. He at least meant what he was saying, she figured. “That does sound quite impressive. I would have liked to have seen that bridge to the heavens too. That’s the kind of imagery that any artist would want to evoker with their music, after all. Well, my kind of music at least.” [break][break]
She chuckled gently at that notion. Generalizing would have been too presumptuous. A lot of artists favoured other styles of music, after all. And even she liked songs that got her heart pumping at times too, quite different from the serene image that these words conjured up. “Then again, I think not getting directly involved in wards is healthier for me in general. Even if that means not being able to impress heavenly onlookers to want to join me.” Still though, she sighed a little. A Pokemon like this would certainly be nice to befriend, if nothing else.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 14:50:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh sipped on his glass of lemonade, flinching as Shaymin gripped his head more tightly to avoid falling off. "You sure you're okay up there, buddy?" he asked. The grass-type let out a happy squeal before he turned back to face Eve. "An energetic one, this one is. May not look like much, but this little one's a really strong Pokémon. Her Seed Flare tore through three of my best Pokémon."

Josh nodded as Eve expressed caution toward the supernatural. 's words came to mind; it seemed like ever since he donned his Sygna Suit, the closest experience he had to engaging with the supernatural on a personal level, danger followed him wherever he went. Not the typical danger, either. "Not one to mince words, as always. If you'd like, we can make can make the tr--"

The young man cut himself off after hearing a big cheer from the television, followed by energetic voices on its speakers. "What happened? I missed a big play! Hopefully they'll show it on replay. Also how is Lilycove down fourteen points already?" His gaze shifted toward the broadcast game, gasping as he saw the replay of a blocked field goal that Lilycove returned almost all the way across the field. "Wow. Anything really can happen in this game, can't it..."

{WC: 219}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 22:53:41 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Honesty is the most valuable of currencies, after all. Mincing is for when you cannot afford it,” she replied casually, twisting one of her mother’s most-used proverbs on its head in the process. They had never been on one page in that regard. Which was one of the reasons as to why she was still in Hoenn, even though she had started to pick up proper work again.
[break][break]
Then again, what was proper, anyway? Helping the rangers had usually meant helping actual people. Singing was much less impactful. Though she would not completely dismiss it either. That would be ignoring the kind words a certain stranger had imparted on her, after all. She would not strictly call it ‘wisdom’ per se, but it was probably close.
[break][break]
It certainly was closer than that sudden outburst. She had not expected that. “Ah, sporting events. Frankly, the one thing I still have not quite managed to grasp. I did sing at one once, but that had been a personal favour….” She noted, briefly drifting off into fond memories. “Though I did like the atmosphere, live. Never really got into watching it though. No matter how good the screen is, it just never seems like I can follow what is going on too well. Maybe not enough investment…” Eve really did not want to talk down on the other’s fancy, so she was struggling to hold a conversation in that regard without coming across as too disingenuous.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 18:38:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Their server returning with the entrees made Josh snap out of whatever trance the close game put him in. Cutting his burger in half, the aroma of fresh meat and barbecue sauce wafted through his nostrils. The seasoned steak fries needed no additional condiments, either. The first bite was heavenly, Shaymin squealing as it sensed his gratitude for both Evette and the great, if simple, meal.

Once the server was gone, Josh withdrew the grass-type into a Poké Ball and put it on the table, to his right of his lemonade. "Sorry for getting distracted. I was going to ask you if you brought the Pokémon I asked you to? We can drop by a Pokémon Center after we eat to get the paperwork filled out."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 18:00:15 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ah, so he was getting to business already. She could not fault him. Eve put down her fork briefly, cleaning her hands before going after a specific Pokeball in her handbag. “I did bring it. I do not have that kind of grand adventure backstory for it, though. An old acquaintance gave it to me and I cannot really get along with it, frankly.”
[break][break]
She briefly shrugged, softly. “I think it is a matter of temperament more than anything. But it would likely be very useful for ranger duties. It seems fairly versatile and strong, though definitely not the kind of ride I would be looking for myself,” Evette noted, nodding to herself as she put the ball down. Honestly, this was the kind of thing that the green-haired lady would have liked, but she herself preferred smoother, more stable rides if she was being completely honest.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 19:26:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a similar story for Josh. He felt a little bad for bringing the small grass-type home when he knew his career path wouldn't let him use the rare and powerful Pokémon, but he could not justify keeping the Shaymin, given his career path and how it manifested. "I've seen the species before. It's definitely unusual, but I look forward to it. Even if I don't enjoy riding it, it will be very helpful in the field, yes."

With that, he slid the Shaymin's Poké Ball across the table, ready to accept the Slither Wing's and stick it on his belt. The Gym Leader got back to work on his food and put his attention back on the game. Slateport had scored another touchdown in the meantime. "Now Lilycove's down by 21? I thought this was gonna be a lot closer."

{PC: 6}

Slither Wing  Slither Wing   Good
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 16:55:05 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Eve accepted the other ball, once more surprised as to how easy this all was. Probably because she was most used to high-society dealings where even getting a straight answer out of someone was quite a rarity. Something as simple as a trade was rather uncommon to her. Mostly because she had rarely done so during her travels.
[break][break]
Still though, she was glad for it. That little one had seemed to fit her a lot better than the big wing, after all. She was briefly lost in though as she stabbed her salad once more. Hence she felt an odd surprise when he pulled her back into things with a comment she could not quite work with yet. “21? Oh,” she replied, only now realizing that he had returned to mostly focusing on that game. Some people might have been annoyed by him shifting his attention away so quickly, but she did not mind much. “I am not going to pretend to understand the game. But I get what you mean about closer games. Even I know that those are a lot more interesting and….exhilerating.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,079 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 21:02:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the trade completed, Josh finished the last of his food, the meal filling him up perfectly. Not too much to eat, and not too little. When their server came back with a dessert menu, the Gym Leader raised his hand. "Just the check, please and thank you." It did not take long for her to return with their bill.

As he reviewed the bill, it was less than he thought it would be. Though he was still missing income from his community service requirements eating up his Ranger pay, Josh would still offer one more gesture of kindness. "Don't worry about the check. I've got it taken care of. I should stop by one of your shows some weekend when challenger volume's low, assuming tickets aren't already sold out."

{PC: 7}

Slither Wing  Slither Wing   Good
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 21:48:00 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I am not exactly that popular,” she replied, jokingly. It hadn’t been long since she restarted doing proper shows, after all. And, frankly, her original content was still lacking. That muse she had been searching for all over the place, it still eluded her. But at least she was doing slow and steady work instead.

[break][break]
But then again, she could find what she was looking for right after this meal. Life was full of opportunities. And now she had someone else to potentially share these opportunities with. “Though I am always glad to see someone in the crowd that I know. Most artists are, even when it doesn’t seem like it.” She nodded and waved at him going. Given that she was not quite finished yet she did not want to keep him any longer, but also not appear rushed. They were both adults enough to not get offended by something like that. It was a decent enough meeting already after all, no reason to push things into one direction or another.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,968 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Gratitude [M][C/Evette]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 4:08:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: