Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 0:59:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"It was the oddest thing, Howard." Barnaby recounted, rolling a small TERA CRYSTAL within the palm of his hand as he and inspected the cavern around them.[break][break]

was relaying his experience within the Cave of Origins to the archeologist — the catalyst for their trip to Rusturf Tunnel, where they hoped to gather samples of the strange material that had emerged all over Hoenn.[break][break]

"The Tera Crystals flashed and then..." He paused briefly, remembering the magnitude of it all.[break][break]

"They were there." The GALARIAN BIRDS. "It was similar to how Paradox Pokémon manifest from the Interdream Mist, if I had to liken it to something."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 10:13:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard hated this place.

No, that wasn't true. He actually appreciated Rusturf Tunnel as both a feat of engineering, commitment, and convenience. He hated the Tera Crystals that polluted the depths of the caves more than anything. He and had almost died in a cave-in together. Such an experience had involved a mallet, a phone with a game of Flappy Pidgey, and a Baltoy.

Good times. Things were simpler back then.

"Paradox Pokémon emerge from human consciousness." Howard adjusted his hat as the two trekked through the cave. Howard took a knee and began to inspect several crystals. "I've discussed this with several scientists. And they just... flew off?"

Howard had a substantial amount of experience with gems and geology. You didn't unearth fossils without running into rare stones, but Tera Crystals were volatile, dangerous, and unreliable. Flying back in a spaceship made from them didn't improve his opinions, much. At best, the creations made by crystals just vanished. At worst, they turned people near them into Pidgeys.

"Did everyone in the cave know that the Galarian Birds existed?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 1:51:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

didn't mind this place as much.[break][break]

Where saw an invasive menace, Barnaby saw potential. He was starting to understand that these Tera Crystals held inside them more than just the capacity to make Pokémon Terastallize.[break][break]

If this power could be harnessed, its potential was near limitless. To manifest flesh and bone from nothing...[break][break]

Another anomaly among the many already in Hoenn. Would this one be their downfall, or their salvation? The DRK Triad was watching, after all. [break][break]

"Mmm. As soon as they appeared, they flew toward the cave entrance and out into Hoenn." Breaking through a wall of Tera Crystals in the process.[break][break]

"One did eye me funny as it was leaving, though." Barnaby left out the tidbit about MOLTRES draining him of his vitality with just a simple glance. He wasn't sure why, exactly. Perhaps because it had been a rare moment of vulnerability for him?[break][break]

"They've been spotted around the region since, but don't linger anywhere for long. It's been difficult to pin down their location."[break][break]

To his question about others' knowledge of their existence, the admin replied, "...I'm not sure. I do wonder, though..."[break][break]

"They didn't manifest until that book was opened." [break][break]

The VIOLET BOOK.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 19:08:04 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"The book." Howard said simply. As one of Team Rocket's foremost polyglots, he was aware of the book, but its contents were a mystery to him. He longed to give it a read and see if he could gleam any information from it, but Team Rocket's upper brass kept it under as much lock and key as Declan's morning coffee.

Barnaby was correct, naturally. The book and the Tera Crystals were all part of a greater pile of anomalies that were piling up around Hoenn. Few people in Team Rocket seemed to actually care about the dangers, besides the crystals potentially blowing up the submarine because someone looked at one funny.

Was he the only one even remotely worried about these? Barnaby wanted to harness their power, but Team Rocket couldn't even keep the breakroom stocked with sugar packets. Maintaining an alien power to a degree of safety was something that interested Howard much more. Especially given their interference with Fortree.

This too was the cycle of humanity. Procrastinate on a problem, then focus as soon as it became impossible to overcome. A tale as old as time.

"I'm surprised they haven't banished yet. It might be wise to create a map of everywhere they're seen, even if it's almost impossible. See if they're following a pattern." Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully. "If one of them looked at you and then flew off, is that what you're chasing?"

Maybe it was challenging the admin. 'Find me', before flying off?

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 1:24:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

's motivations weren't steeped in amassing meaningless power. [break][break]

He worried, of course. Always. He had to. The very fabric of their universe was at stake. To combat the likes of the DRK Triad, ROCKET — and Hoenn in general — needed all the combative technologies they could get their hands on.[break][break]

That included the VIOLET BOOK and whatever manifestations it had conjured into being. [break][break]

"Agreed. And that's what I've been doing."[break][break]

Barnaby explained his information network to . As the admin who largely oversaw the gathering of intelligence, he had eyes and ears almost everywhere there was an internet connection. And in the places there wasn't, he'd been setting up cameras to hopefully catch sight of the birds.[break][break]

"I've documented what I can thus far, but there doesn't seem to be a discernable pattern." Yet. They'd continue to monitor in the meantime. "I can send the data over to you if you'd like to take a look."[break][break]

To Howard's question, the admin paused momentarily to think about how he wanted to respond.[break][break]

"Boss Walsh ordered the birds be found. I'm simply following that order."[break][break]

Unadmitted, the thought of MOLTRES lingered and magenta flames burned at the back of 's memory.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 22:58:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yes, yes. Boss Walsh wants them found. We're always looking for assets to secure our own position. It's military strategy. He's a smart man." Howard agreed with Barnaby. While in the presence of an Admin, he couldn't go around and loosely flap his lips and complain about his job. There was an image to uphold.

"But is that all? You've put a lot of work into this. A lot of thought." Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Feel free to send me the data at your leisure. I'm not particularly good at data analysis, but I do know Hoenn."

It was unlikely that the archaeologist would find anything. Barnaby was clever and meticulous. If he was sending Howard the information, it was likely because there was little to find. Or he was desperate. Or both.

Nonetheless, Howard appreciated the gesture.

"The Tera Crystals are worrisome. We should be excising them with the intention to control their growth. They're like a cancer." That was a common way of describing them. They were tumors spreading across Hoenn, upending civilians, people, and Pokémon. Especially with Fortree City now being close to infected due to the Route 119 incident. "The more they spread, the harder it will be to control it. We need those birds. They might be the key."

Or not. Who even knew anymore.

"Culling those crystals would improve our public perception greatly. We seriously have no way of easily excising them?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 2:55:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

was right. The Tera Crystals posed an uneasy problem for Hoenn, despite their tantalizing potential. They were like mistletoe staunchly clamped to the branching tunnels of the region: parasitic, poisonous, pervasive. [break][break]

"Easily? Unlikely." For a moment Barnaby paused to toe a nearby crystal with the blunt edge of his boot. It refused to move from where it jutted from the earth.[break][break]

"It would take a mighty effort. They've already dispersed to nearly every corner of the region. Controlling their spread will be difficult..." he lifted a thoughtful finger to his lips.[break][break]

"...Unless we find the source of their power, perhaps."[break][break]

was no scientist by any means. All he could do was throw out ideas and hope some of them stuck.[break][break]

"Are they like mycelium, branching from a central core? Destroying that could destroy the crystals in turn. Or... as you said, something born from similar stock, like the birds, could possibly have a greater influence over them."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 0:49:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"A core?" Howard asked, bemused. He hadn't considered this.

What if Barnaby was right? Normal gemstones weren't organisms, and they didn't have a 'core' that caused the rest of the interior structure to collapse. Instead, they were atomically arranged, differentiating each gemstone from one another. Tera Crystals could follow that philosophy. They could not. Knowledge was lacking.

"I suppose it's possible. Dialga is the source of time, Palkia, space. Those are fundamental mechanics of our world. Why not Tera Crystals as well?"

If it even existed, they'd have to find it fast. Before Hoenn looked like the inside of Howard's mom's jewelry store. The archaeologist shuddered thoughtfully, before continuing.

"Maybe the crystals are a Pokémon." Howard laughed, before waving a hand. "Just kidding. We must find those birds, pronto! Posthaste! Hoenn depends on it. We still live here, after all. What's the point of winning our war with the League if we're going to reign as kings and queens of magic rocks and nothing else?"

Despite everything, Howard did worry over the people.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 21:17:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Maybe the crystals are a Pokémon.[break][break]

Though Howard waved off the suggestion with a laugh, Barnaby regarded him with a serious, though brightened expression. Why couldn't it be a Pokémon? He'd seen crazier things in the years that had passed since coming to Hoenn.[break][break]

"Don't be so dismissive, now, Howard." Barnaby chided amiably while giving the archeologist an encouraging grin. "Have our scientists checked the crystals for signs of organic compounds? Or traces of Infinity Energy, perhaps?"[break][break]

As for the GALARIAN TRIO, well, had other ROCKETs in mind that could help.[break][break]

"Don't worry about the birds. We'll find them. I have some of Rocket's best people looking into it."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 8:25:01 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's possible. I don't think so?" Howard shrugged. He wasn't a technical researcher. He was a field researcher who was at his best when he was studying in the field. Once research shifted into energy readings and technical jargon, his understanding began to waver. "It's not unreasonable. There's so many different ways to test Tera Crystals. It wouldn't shock me if there was a test that we missed."

If these crystals could bend reality, was it possible for them to create an energy reading that became what the observer expected to see? It warranted research, all based on an offshoot joke and question.

Meh. Howard would still take the credit for that. Abra Nobel invented dynamite on accident, after all. Unlike him, Howard didn't intend to regret his discovery.

"I wish you success in finding the birds. If you ever need my aid, let me know." Howard adjusted his cowboy hat with a wry smile. He didn't hate the admin personally. He disliked Team Rocket's upper brass on principle. There was a reason he had stayed away for as long as he had. "They would make fine assets for Rocket."

With a grunt, Howard inspected a crystal and sighed.

"I don't think we'll find much here. Let's return and regroup. I know an excellent waffle place in Rustboro."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a terable premonition
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:11:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: