Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 2:01:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"What have you learned so far?"[break][break]

It had only been a few days since the events that had transpired in the Cave of Origins, but knew to be a tenacious scientist - especially when it came to such clandestine circumstances like those surrounding the appearance of the VIOLET BOOK.[break][break]

[break]

Her curiosity would not be sated until she'd stripped the tome down and deciphered its meaning.[break][break]

Here, in her main laboratory, Barnaby hoped she'd be able to do just that.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 17:23:36 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Despite her delicate appearance - small in stature and softened with lace - Nomi was the tenacious scientist Admin Bee knew her to be. It was for that very reason that, for several days following the acquisition of the VIOLET BOOK, she had stubbornly refused to accept the fact that she could not, for the life of her, figure out the meaning of all of the symbols on its cover no matter how hard she tried.[break][break]
Whenever she opened the book, and tried to read the interior, the language - though initially unfamiliar - morphed to reflect Hoenn's common tongue, as if the book somehow knew she needed the understand it and changed accordingly. It was the reason she'd been able to skim it quickly in the Cave of Origin prior to the appearance of the legendary Galarian trio.[break][break]
But the symbols on the cover? They were far more cryptic, and they did not change to accommodate her. Which was, naturally, infuriating.[break][break]
And so, because she was not actually a linguist - her expertise in energies, chemicals, and compounds frustratingly useless - she was forced to throw in the towel, and request the assistance of the newest Rocket Admin, . It wasn't that Nomi disliked Howard - quite the contrary, he was brilliant - it was more that she never liked to admit defeat, especially not when it came to something academic.[break][break]
However, she was far too curious to let pride win. So it was with grace that she turned to Admin Bee, the book laid out before the three Rockets on the work table, and answered, "I have read the contents of the tome half a dozen times now. It is a collection of ancient Galarian Kingdom Tales. There are drawings of Dynamax Power Spots and those elusive Galarian birds, and several other scenes I vaguely remember...seeing before..."[break][break]
In that alternate Galar, she knew. The one she and several other Rockets had inexplicably teleported to during the recent conflict at the Ancient Tomb.[break][break]
"But the symbols on the cover...they allude me completely. Which is why I've requested the assistance of Admin Slate."[break][break]
She turned to face him. Kallistatus had drifted over to the man, and was hovering by his shoulder. She had a feeling if there was anybody in Rocket who might be as appreciative of the Unown as she was, it would be him.[break][break]
"Well? What do you make of this?"
[break][break][break]

| [break]
NOTES – RESEARCH[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 23:14:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard was just there.

Being in a room with Admin Bee and Head Scientist Sato was a huge honor, even if they were all part of the upper brass of Team Rocket. Howard was new, his position shaky, and his office was still loaded with cardboard boxes. It felt like it'd be hard to fit in with many of these people, given their abilities.

Maybe he should kick a few grunts around to assert his authority. That's what Admins did, right? Man, this felt weird.

"You had this book under so many locks and keys, I thought it was a myth." Howard looked up from the Violet Book reluctantly. "I've wanted to study this thing for months. Ever since I've heard about it, actually. The stories I've heard about this work."

Several of the stories involved tackling , screaming, and several explosions. Grunts loved to talk.

As Kallistatus floated by, Howard's eye visibly glittered. Unowns were such spectacular creatures. Many languages stemmed from them, and as a linguist, Howard found himself a fan of their applications in language analysis. Maybe he could pull the Head Scientist aside later, and the two could gush about Unown and their contributions to lexicons.

Probably after Howard kicked those grunts around to 'fit in'.

Lowering his head down to inspect the book again, Howard sighed. It was a remarkable text, with all its stories and glyphs. He could've spent a lifetime studying it, but he suspected that he'd never get the chance. Events were moving far too quickly. "I will be honest: I have not seen these glyphs. They are alien. I'm unsure if they even belong to our reality." Howard flipped a page. "You can typically trace languages through branches and fluctuations, so I should recognize something on this cover. Unfortunately, I don't."

Howard slumped his head, dejected.

"Please don't be mad."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 3:44:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Mad wasn't quite the word.[break][break]

Displaced frustration, perhaps. It seemed that with every crumb of possible explanation came an added mystery to be written on the list of inexplicable things occurring in Hoenn. The VIOLET BOOK was no exception.[break][break]

"The tales inside provide physical evidence of the collective dream many of us shared," Several of the things inscribed within the tome were familiar to . "So at least we have proof that those events were not a conjured fiction."[break][break]

Depictions of the GALARIAN TRIO figured prominently on many of the worn pages, acting as calling birds pulling him into the tales within:[break][break]

...𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓[break]
𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖐...
[break]

Flashes of an intense battle within the sprawl of a large city came to mind; a train derailed by Barnaby's own order, vile sludge seeping into the streets below...[break][break]

𝕺𝖚𝖗 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖚𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖑𝖘, [break]
𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖉...
[break]

A spectral rider galloping across a poisoned land. He could almost feel the sinewy pull of his SPECTRIER as it surged forward, travelling into the unknown.[break][break]

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Howard. We knew that this would be a longshot." [break][break]

The archeologist did have a point, however. These glyphs appeared alien to them. But to actual aliens... well, it couldn't hurt to pursue the thought. "I wonder if the Megalopolans in our custody might recognize these symbols."[break][break]

Barnaby ran a gentle hand over the cover of the book.[break][break]

"What of this design? Is it a Pokémon?" Serpentine in nature, jutting horns or something similar, two limbs, a tail.[break][break]

"It's unlike any I've seen before."

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 13:27:53 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Proof. Nomi had already begun to believe that what they had experienced at the Ancient Tomb had been real. Twenty years, she thought, humbled. Her conversation with had been similarly eye-opening.[break][break]
A complex look came over Admin Bee's face as he contemplated the topic, sapphire eyes staring down at a particular section of the book with something akin to wistful recognition. Did he find happiness there too? She wondered, remembering her own memories of a wedding, strawberry cake, and the home they'd shared - she and Parker. It occurred to her that she did not know all that much about his personal life: who he was when he wasn't fulfilling the duties of a Rocket Admin.[break][break]
"We could certainly see if they are able to read it," Nomi considered, though her tone lacked enthusiasm. It wasn't a bad suggestion, but she doubted they were connected. She tapped her fingers against the work table, half in irritation and half in thought.[break][break]
The book snapped shut, and Nomi's crimson gaze followed Admin Bee's fingers as they caressed the cover.[break][break]
"It must be," she concluded. "A powerful one, would be my guess. It seems there are still quite a few legendary Pokemon out in the universe that we have yet to discover. The ruinous beasts, for example, were originally foreigners to our world. Where they originate from, I do not know." Her mouth turned down in a frown. "I wonder if this Pokemon has as cryptic and sinister an agenda."[break][break]
Her eyes flicked back to Admin Bee. Rocket had two of them as "allies", but they both knew such allegiances were fickle at best. And what of the fourth? Only three were accounted for.
[break][break][break]

| [break]
NOTES – RESEARCH[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 8:38:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's a valid idea. We live in a world where nonsensical concepts intertwine. I hate talking to the Megalopolans, though." Howard's tone suggested that there was a story, there. That story included a bear, lots of screaming, and a spaceship. He didn't hate the Admin Bee's idea, but he suspected that Rocket and its army of scientists had tried everything short of blowing up the blasted book. His tone was far more supportive, though.

Besides, Admin Bee had supported him. He would not demean the man.

Now, they were left with scraps of ideas. It was like translating a particularly stubborn rune, and deciding to reference it against a language from the other side of the world. They were shooting in the dark, desperately hoping that they'd strike gold. In that sense, he was fortunate that Head Scientist Sato and Admin Bee were only dragging him in for a long shot. He suspected that this book would drive him mad normally.

"It's a Pokémon. At least, a stylistic effigy of one. Looks like a bastardized mixture of a Rayquaza and a Cyclizar." The archaeologist piped up helpfully. 

So many questions. Howard was not present at the dream at the Ancient Tomb, much to his frustration and chagrin. The capacity to explore Galar for twenty years, as well as generate a historical account? What luck! He didn't understand why people were so scarred by the endeavor. Such was the fine line between naivety and understanding.

"Yet we cannot know what agenda it may have. We can only look backwards, and move to predict." Howard consoled. "Yet that is hard to do, when we don't know what this alleged Pokémon is capable of, or if it even exists at all. It could be a beast that revels in malicious plots, or something more supportive."

The only Ruinious Beasts Admin Slayte had seen recently was Elisabeth's Wo-chien, which Howard had fought back with bleach and a mop. Long story.

"Why would the book's cover be different a different language from its contents? Why is one translatable and the other is not? Perhaps the cover and pages do not go together. How was the book acquired, Admin Bee and Head Scientist Sato?" Howard looked around sheepishly, his inexperience in his position showing.

"Am I classified to know that?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 23:19:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Am I classified to know that?
[break]

looked to in consideration, though no words were spoken, only a slight nod of his head. had been invited here to help already — so why not divulge the full story? [break][break]

And so he did. Every detail of what occurred during the events of their last leadership meeting was relayed to Howard. [break][break]

It was a show of trust on the admin's part. And an investment in his potential with the expectation that he would deliver results.[break][break]

"I wonder..." Barnaby began again, now that everyone in the room was on the same page. "If the birds drawn within the book can be conjured to life,"[break][break]

He looked to them both and then back down at the cover of THE VIOLET BOOK.[break][break]

"Can this depiction be as well? Would it be possible to replicate what occurred within the Cave of Origin?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:19:42 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi trusted , though she could not pinpoint exactly why. Perhaps it was because the Unown seemed to favor him. Perhaps it was because he had the mind of a thorough researcher. Regardless, she listened without interruption or concern as Admin Bee relayed his story to the other man.[break][break]
"It's possible," she decided, weighing Admin Bee's inquiry. "I've been studying the relationship between Tera energy and dream mist, and they are more alike than we initially thought. You can think of Tera energy like...the essence of possibility. The dream mist functions similarly. Both have the capacity to manifest new realities shaped by our thoughts, desires, hopes, and fears...perhaps that could be of some use."[break][break]
If they willed it, could they summon those strange legendary birds back into existence? Draw them through a portal forged of brilliant crystal and purple mist?[break][break]
"The paradoxes seem to come from somewhere. But where?"[break][break]
Was the Pokemon on the cover of the book one such Paradox? If she squinted - really looked - it did seem to her as if it had a somewhat futuristic design. A machine in truth? Or merely a trick of the eye...
[break][break][break]

| [break]
NOTES – RESEARCH[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 10:05:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Man." Howard listened to the story Sato and Bee spun for him with the investment of a child listening to a bedtime story. When they finished, Howard was silent. After a moment, he spoke. "You guys get up to some crazy shit, huh?"

Understatement of the century.

The only details Howard had gotten from the meeting in the Cave of Origin were those he had tickled out of , who had begrudgingly confessed to having his Scizor throw hands with several of Rocket's finest trainers when Howard brought him luxury frosting imported from Kalos. The older man was unfathomably modest, but his accomplishments were impressive.

"I agree with this assessment. I believe that everything that comes from Tera energy comes from the popular consciousness of mankind. It's our collective consciousness spitting out abominations, because it's all that we can fathom."

His distaste was evident. He loathed the creatures that came from the past. They disgusted him, twisted abominations that mocked his passion for archaeology and history.

"I still think that Iron Thorns comes from this movie I saw one time..." Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully. "If they spawn from dreams, then we're in trouble, Admin Bee. Dreams do not end. Ever."

That was the one truth of the world. A dream could never truly end, as long as someone still lived to dream it.

"Have you guys considered taking it back to the Cave of Origin, then? Try rubbing the book against some Tera Crystals for good luck?"

Back to desperate theorizing.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 18:21:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

If they spawn from dreams, then we're in trouble, Admin Bee. Dreams do not end. Ever.
[break]

"Perhaps there is no end, then. These Tera crystals are so insidious that they've encroached onto almost every part of the region now."[break][break]

Hugo, his SHADOW NINETALES, came to mind. Conjured from the dream mist from within his own home.[break][break]

"Our next steps may be trying to find a new normal — to use this phenomenon to our advantage, somehow, if it cannot be eradicated." [break][break]

Still, wondered at the timing of all of this.[break][break]

The Tera crystals and dream mist acted as conduits for the abominations now wandering the region — but what of THE VIOLET BOOK itself?[break][break]

"Where did this book come from, I wonder?" Barnaby brought a thoughtful finger to his lips as he studied the futuristic beast carved into the cover of the tome. [break][break]

"From what I can remember, it simply appeared in the Cave of Origin. Can Tera energy and dream mist conjure inanimate objects as well?" [break][break]

Was there limits to the power of these things?[break][break]

To Howard's desperate theorizing, the admin sighed and replied, "If you'd like to try, be my guest."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 20:32:38 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"We could try returning the book to the Cave of Origin, but I - "[break][break]
Something about Howard's words pinched a nerve in Nomi's brain, and a sudden hypothesis came to her like the ringing of a bell - sharp and clear and urgent.[break][break]
"Wait! Iron Thorns is one of the futuristic paradoxes," Nomi realized, fumbling to turn her revelation into an explanation Admin Bee and Howard could understand. "It reminds people of certain movies because it's...robotic. Like Sci-fi. But not all of them are like that. Scream Tail, for example, is organic: designed like a prehistoric version of a Jigglypuff."[break][break]
Her eyes were shining with excitement now, and she looked down at the book, mind whirling.[break][break]
"If there are really two types of paradoxes - two types of dreams people are having - future and past...then why is there only one book?"[break][break]
Her gaze flicked up to meet Admin Bee's then.[break][break]
"We're missing a piece of the puzzle," she whispered, heart pounding with excitement. "What if there's another book?"[break][break]
She pointed at the strange, futuristic Cyclizar clone on the cover of the Violet Book.[break][break]
"This one is futuristic. So where's the past one?"[break][break]
[break][break][break]

| [break]
NOTES – RESEARCH[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 9:34:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Tap. Tap. Tap. Howard's foot clacked against the floor as he scratched his chin. He pondered over Naomi's theory, before nodding.

"This reminds me of a story, if you'll indulge me." Howard scratched his chin and closed his eye and remembered his old classes and time in Galar. He rarely got to use these bits of history anymore, and he was always willing to teach something like this. "I think it went something like this..."

He took a deep breath and peered at the book.

"Back in Galar, it wasn't uncommon for archaeologists to race each other to be the first to discover something new." Howard smiled grimly. The race reminded him of the conflict between Rocket and the League. Academics were poisonous behind the scenes, full of toxic and desperate scholars attempting one-up each other. "Sometimes, they'd excavate the same location in an attempt to beat one another to the next big find."

That described the tensions between League and Rocket perfectly. Even the battle at the Island Cave north of Dewford had been waged in an attempt to gain an upper hand over the Pokémon League.

"If you can't find certain bones at a dig site..."

He gestured at the Violet Book ponderously, before smiling at Bee and Naomi. His eye glinted with academic fervor. In this hypothetical, perhaps it was best to treat Rocket as an archaeologist and not a large organization.

"Perhaps someone else already has it."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 1:37:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A set.[break][break]

Of course. 's logic was sound, as was 's topical allegory.[break][break][break]

"These events are not happenstance."[break][break]

The anomalies that plagued Hoenn were rooted in its status as the Origin Point. A red thread weaved through every single one, connecting them to a grim reality.[break][break]

"If we have the Violet Book, then..."[break][break]

smiled back at his fellow ROCKETs.[break][break]

"Perhaps the League has its counterpart."[break][break]

If that was the case, they needed to get their hands on it. If THE VIOLET BOOK could conjure the likes of GALARIAN MOLTRES, ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS — what of this other tome? No one else could be allowed that kind of power.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 20:30:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"The League," Nomi breathed. It was a logical conclusion.[break][break]
Her crimson eyes found Barnaby and regarded him with approval, matching his smile with one of her own.[break][break]
"I have...contacts within the League," she told him, keeping it vague. After all, she could be referring to her civilian identity as a Slateport University PhD student just as easily as her Avatarship. "Let me see if I can track down this other book."[break][break]
She knew would tell her if she asked, but she was loath to manipulate him into betraying his new - family? a small part of her feared - organization. He wasn't the only one she could turn to, however. , and had allied themselves with her now, and there was always the chance her professor, , would know something, given the prominence of his museum as a center for League-funded research.[break][break]
"If it exists, I will find it."[break][break]
In the end, not much could escape the watchful vigilance of the Unown. Of this she was certain.
[break][break][break]

| [break]
NOTES – RESEARCH[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
a tome out of time
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 9:12:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"As do I." Howard rose and nodded to himself. "I've got a bit of pull within the academic community. I'll inquire after the book. Head Scientist Sato will likely find it, but I am here to serve in any way I can."

Humble. Yes, humbleness was good. Howard bowed his head gracefully. He had gotten to touch the elusive Violet Book that he had heard so much about. What else was there to do but celebrate and promise to look into it? He was lucky that between Sato and Bee, neither had bitten his head off.

When surrounded by giants, it was easy to be squashed.

"We will uncover the secrets of this book, one day. Nothing can remain hidden for long." He nodded graciously, before spreading his hands and giving a wry smile.

Both of these people were academics, and that he respected. That did not stop Howard from hating them both. Both were monsters.

"We will succeed, because we must. For Rocket. For us."