Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 4:33:11 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

She hadn't returned to Sootopolis after the events with , not right away at least.[break][break]

The woman who looked both nothing like and everything like stole away to a Mauville Hills penthouse where she'd spent many days and nights before. A small Eevee had greeted her, its beloved master absent, as she withdrew to wash away all the confusion of the past day -- no, wasn't it days?[break][break]

Months, she realized belatedly. The darkness of that lost time circled the drain like black tar, leaving only the golden moments of the here and now behind.[break][break]

Taking to his bed, she'd dressed herself in a loose button-down blouse she'd thieved from his wardrobe, then wrapped herself in the comfort of familiar blankets. When the night passed into day, no one had returned home to see the woman who had taken refuge here; when she finally awakened, dawn breaking through the curtains, it was again the small Eevee that licked her awake.[break][break]

"Is he always out late like this, Pepin?" she asked the tiny Pokemon, laughing. The sound of her own voice surprised her, for some reason.[break][break]

When was the last time she could remember laughing like that? There was a lightness to it that felt new.[break][break]

An impulsive desire took hold of her suddenly, and she lifted the Eevee as she arose from bed, letting it snuggle up on her shoulder as she did so. "Does he like breakfast, do you know?" she asked conversationally, as if the Pokemon could answer her. Undeterred, she brought them both to the kitchen, where she continued chattering, "I used to make crepes with my mother as a girl. I wonder if I still remember how..."[break][break]

Pleasant minutes passed as sunlight streamed through the window, the humming of an old Kalosian song filtering through the otherwise empty penthouse as Pepin leapt from her shoulder to scrabble eagerly towards the front door.[break][break]

It was time to welcome him home.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 2:48:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

And what a warm welcome it was.[break][break]

Pepin greeted his master as he usually did — by squeaking happily and ushering him into the penthouse. The EEVEE led the way, though not to the couch, nor the office, as he normally might... but to the kitchen.[break][break]

Where a seraphic awaited, bathed in beams of early afternoon sunlight. Everything was swathed in gold. Including her beautiful hair.[break][break]

It was minute: the pause in his step; the recalculation of this shifted reality; the realization that something had eased its grip on her. [break][break]

didn't immediately comment on the obvious difference, though. There was no mention of her transformation. Or, more aptly, her reversion. From black to blonde — it didn't matter in the moment.[break][break]

He was just glad to have her here.[break][break]

"Mmm.." Arms wrapped around her waist from behind, pulling her into him in an almost possessive embrace. At the same time, he leaned his head into the crook of her neck, where jaw met auricle, and breathed her in.[break][break]

"Something smells amazing." The crepes on the stove in front of them, of course, but beneath that was a more primal recognition.[break][break]

The smell of him on her skin. From his shirt, from his bed.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 3:28:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She melted into his embrace, a smile blossoming unbidden as his words tickled the sensitive skin of her neck. "I wanted to give you something worth coming home to," she murmured, failing to stifle the fondness in that simple greeting.[break][break]

Pepin beamed up at them both, little tail wagging as he patiently waited to be pet, and the sight of him drew another laugh out of her.[break][break]

"I think I've tied my hands a bit, though." She turned her palms over, revealing sugar-dusted fingers in apology to the man at her side. "It's been awhile since I've done something like this."[break][break]

That time lost felt longer than it was. Her apartment in Sootopolis had been a cold, abandoned place: dim, cramped, and as poorly cared for as its owner. She couldn't remember wanting to cook or bake anything since... since she lived in Petalburg, really. [break][break]

Baking had been an enjoyable way to pass the time. It had given her a silent satisfaction to be skilled in things that made others so happy, and that joy had bubbled up inside of her in an attempt to answer for a decade starved of any and all affirmation.[break][break]

Had that been why she'd done this now, then? To make him happy? The finished crepes cooling on the skillet wafted notes of vanilla and strawberry as she considered them, and considered what making them meant in the first place.[break][break]

"I missed you," she admitted quietly, leaning her head of golden hair against him. "I missed... this."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 2:03:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

's simple act made 's usually cold penthouse feel like home.[break][break]

When was the last time someone had been here to welcome him inside? Or cooked him a meal? Too long, in his estimation.[break][break]

"Let me help with that," His voice was nearly as sweet as the sugar he licked off her powdered fingers. [break][break]

Taking her wrist in hand, he started with her index finger, savoring the saccharine taste as his tongue edged upward from palm to manicured nail. Next was her middle finger, which slid smoothly into the warm bower of his mouth; saliva met skin, melting both sugar and resolve all at once.[break][break]

Once Barnaby had his fill, he'd brush a gentle kiss against her knuckles.[break][break]

"I missed this too." Where she leaned in, he smiled softly into her golden hair.[break][break]

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 3:13:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He took her sugared fingers into his mouth, and that sensual warmth spread out from her fingertips throughout her whole body. It elicited the softest sigh from her lips as his own brushed against her knuckle.[break][break]

"Barnaby," she began, but any small desire to prolong the inevitable vanished as he buried his face in her golden hair. His words murmured against her neck, intimate with proximity and implication, and she felt herself falter. "I didn't mean for it to be," she said instead, the sound of her own apology surprising her. "I didn't mean for... any of what happened."[break][break]

She'd assumed he'd hated her after he'd seen her transformation that day. She'd wanted to avoid him, to give him distance, lest he reveal what she feared most of all: that he resented her, the way everyone did, for not being the person he'd wanted her to be.[break][break]

Resisting him had always been difficult, though, even in the beginning. At a certain point, she'd given up on trying.[break][break]

"But everything feels lighter now," she said softly, turning his face up to meet her own. "I feel lighter now."[break][break]

When she gazed at him, her emerald eyes lacked all the paranoia and fearfulness that had haunted them in recent months. That unseen sinister presence had released its hold on her, and this left her unguarded as she smiled at him, the faintest flush on her face revealing a shyness that she'd thought had fled her a lifetime ago.[break][break]

"I missed you," she whispered again, and this time, she kissed him to show her tenderness of feeling.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 1:58:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Their kiss started off slow and sweet, like two tender lovers reconnecting after a long time apart. And perhaps that was exactly what they were.[break][break]

It was what he wanted them to be — in her estimation, at least.[break][break]

But the more they drank each other in, the more fervent their kisses became. Soon Barnaby's hands clutched at the sides of her supple jaw, drawing her into him. In the same movement his body leaned in to where she'd turned, pinning her against the kitchen counter.[break][break]

Eventually he'd pause to breathe in a tapered, needy breath, and press his forehead into hers. [break][break]

"I missed you too." Barnaby whispered back, low and husky and evocative of all the other things that he'd missed, too. He planned to remind her of those and more as the afternoon waned into evening and beyond.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 2:38:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth didn't know what they were to one another -- only that a terrible fear gripped her every time she dared to question what he meant to her, and what she meant to him.[break][break]

To be wanted was enough. Needing more than that was a steep cliff she'd learned not to fall from ever again, she told herself.[break][break]

She knew better.[break][break]

But when he kissed her back, and as her body was pinned by his against his kitchen counter, familiar emotions rekindled despite herself. A heady rush of exhilaration overtook her as she pulled him close, all of her hungry for whatever touch he'd allow her.[break][break]

The sound of his voice sent the shiver of anticipation thrilling through her as she smiled up at him, unable to stop herself from radiating the joy that even this small show of affection had awakened in her.[break][break]

"Why don't you show me how much you missed me," she asked him lowly, her hands roaming from his long dark hair to stake claim on other places frustratingly denied by clothing. "And I'll return your feelings with my own."[break][break]

A playfulness entered her tone and her movements that had not existed during the haze of desperation and agony that had characterized her the last time she'd met with him here.[break][break]

As the hours waned between them, spent lost in one another's arms, it wasn't an escape from the darkness she wanted from him.[break][break]

She wanted to bask in the light of all that he was to her.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 1:52:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
[break]

Their hours-long embrace was a return to an Eden they hadn't experienced in so, so long.[break][break]

It was a reunion threaded with emotion as much as carnal need. Barnaby wanted to lean on him in her highest moments as much as her lowest and here, in his bed, he could show her just what that looked like. Every kiss, every bite, every thrust, all culminated toward a singular pursuit.[break][break]

Would she think it was love?[break][break]

She was his Eve, but he was not her Adam. If anything, was the serpent who'd slithered his way into her dilapidated heart.[break][break]

Once they'd settled for the night, Elisa slunk over to lie on his bare chest and allowed Barnaby to idly stroke her tousled blonde hair.[break][break]

"I wasn't sure if I'd ever see my florist's face again," Carmine eyes briefly flashed, blood red, in his memory.[break][break]

"...are you ready to share what happened?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 3:21:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

How quickly she'd forgotten what his touch did to her.[break][break]

He silenced any lingering doubts and fears with each kiss, forgiving all her faults as he worshipped her on the altar of his bed.[break][break]

He whispered all those same sweet nothings that men always did, but his forked tongue had disarmed her of those readied defenses long ago. The way his body responded to her own left her helpless to his designs, drunk on the impossibility that anyone could care for her after knowing all the monstrous things she'd done.[break][break]

People like her weren't meant to be this happy. Addiction was an inheritance written in her blood, and he gave her the oblivion she craved.[break][break]

"Your florist?" she teased him, a feminine laugh fluttering through her. A dizzy sensation overcame her as his fingers caressed her long blonde hair, aching for even this brief gesture of kindness from him. "Somehow I don't mind when it's you who says that."[break][break]

How far away all the dark thoughts were when she was with him like this, resting comfortably against his chest as it rose and fell with the rhythm of his breathing. What a foolish mistake it had been, to delude herself into thinking that she could ever rely on him as a source of comfort and nothing more.[break][break]

But did she think it was love? Elisabeth had no real understanding of that elusive emotion, in truth; she was like a child who'd only known its pale imitations, and determined the two to be one and the same.[break][break]

Love, to her, had always been the whirlwind of a premature spring doomed by winter frost, destined to wither and die on its first bloom. Love was unconditional compassion beyond measure -- a surrendering of the self wholly and completely to another person -- come what may, whether it be cruelty or kindness.[break][break]

That was how she had loved before, at least. It blinded her. It was why she feared it so desperately.[break][break]

That kind of love had almost killed her, once.[break][break]

"Mm." The fog of their bliss began to fade, ever so slightly, as he coaxed her to dwell on more discomfiting topics. She closed her eyes, memories of that accursed October day waiting for her in the darkness. "I... I told the beast no," she said, almost timidly, as she nestled closer to him. "It told me to kill the councilman the way I'd killed the man who'd ruined me, and to kill part of myself with him. But I said no."[break][break]

I didn't want to become empty again, a small plea in her silently added.[break][break]

She bit her lip, tensing slightly as if fearing that shadow might emerge from the dark corners of the room at being hinted at aloud. When no such figure emerged, her body relaxed once more.[break][break]

"Tapu Fini stood by me," she added, audibly bemused by that unexpected loyalty. "She saved me, I think. From the beast, and from myself."[break][break]

The rest of the story didn't come out all at once. Small pieces built a larger picture here and there, interrupted by questions he might voice or brief uncertainties that might delay her answering.[break][break]

She curled into the cradle of his arms as she spoke, unable to meet his gaze for most of her explanation.[break][break]

"I plan to tell Walsh," she finished, and only then did she look up at him. "About Fini. About Silph. About everything it'd be best for him to know, except for... Except for anything that might hurt me. Or you."[break][break]

Nothing of Wo-chien's disdain for her. Nothing of how long she'd held onto the secret of her dual Avatarship. Nothing of her uncertainty on how to manage Tapu Fini. Nothing of her terrible fear of whatever it was she'd unleashed on that island, and whether or not the repercussions of that choice might haunt her still.[break][break]

"You're the only person I can trust," she admitted finally, the soft-spoken confession somehow more vulnerable than she'd expected it to be. "You always have been."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 1:53:32 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]
[break]

As her story unraveled, filling the quiet of 's bedroom, a simple peace settled over the two of them.[break][break]

Cuddled together as they were, Pepin still somehow found room to squeeze in between them (really, on top of them) while spoke, offering her a comforting paw and an encouraging squeak. Barnaby gave his EEVEE a few affectionate pats in return, but otherwise continued stroking Elisa's hair.[break][break]

When she'd said her piece and looked up at him with those beautiful, verdant eyes, Barnaby smiled back down at her. His expression was soft and disarming, meant to show how much he cherished her and her trust in him.[break][break]

"We've been through some tumultuous times, you and I." The past several years had been one calamity after the other with little reprieve.[break][break]

"And I regret that I can't always be by your side in moments of strife," When gods played tug-of-war with her body and mind, when other men made advances at her heart.[break][break]

"But," Barnaby paused to press a gentle kiss against her forehead. "The fact that we always find our way back to each other..."[break][break]

That you always come crawling back to me.[break][break]

"That you trust me as implicitly as you do, despite what you've been through..."[break][break]

That you're foolish enough to let yet another man manipulate you into subservience.[break][break]

"Shows how much we've come to rely on one another, hm?"[break][break]

Shows how much you've come to rely on me.[break][break]

Trust was a damning thing. To give it made one vulnerable. It wasn't something ever relinquished easily. And now was no exception.[break][break]

But he'd take someone else's in a heartbeat. [break][break]

"It's been you and me for years, mon fleur. You've had my heart and my trust for a long time now."

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 5:17:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

There had been walls between them before, their thorns carefully guarding her soft heart against such honeyed lies as these. He'd met a freshly cynical widow who'd known better than to love men like him: a woman who'd sworn to never give into this song-and-dance again.[break][break]

But that first kiss in the Petalburg Woods had damned her to this fate years ago. She'd betrayed her secret desires to a man who couldn't be trusted with the knowledge.[break][break]

A blissful sigh escaped her as his lips pressed against her brow, distracting her from any power the past had over her. She smiled back at him shyly, sinking deeper into this wonderful sense of warmth and complacency he'd cocooned her in. She felt she could die of happiness in this moment, should all the world end here and now.[break][break]

Why were you ever afraid of this, she chided herself as those cobalt blue eyes patiently gazed upon her, brimming with depths of unearned kindness. Why did you think he would abandon you, like all the others?[break][break]

Her heart thumped unsteadily in her chest the more he spoke, each unprompted promise of devotion stirring complicated feelings that flooded her with so such unspeakable joy, it terrified her.[break][break]

"I don't want to burden you," she heard herself say suddenly. "I don't want to only come to you when I don't feel human."[break][break]

Her arms reached for him, causing little Pepin to squeak slightly out of their way, as Elisabeth wrapped herself around a man whose lies comforted her more than any truth had ever soothed her troubled heart.[break][break]

"It's more than that," she insisted, her emerald eyes meeting his guilelessly. "You mean more than that to me. Barnaby, I--"[break][break]

"--love you."
[break]

Those forbidden final two words died before they could be given dangerous life, and she froze, hovering over him in mimicry of that springtime day where the wind had swept rose petals in her loose blonde hair.[break][break]

A distinctly separate fear had gripped her then, but its primal origin was no different than that of the fear that gripped her now.[break][break]

"I don't want to hurt you," she whispered instead, and again her heart pounded, this time weighted down by a heavy conscience.[break][break]

Perhaps he'd understand that these two confessions, for her, were one and the same.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 19:41:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]
[break]

I don't want to hurt you.
[break]

"I know."[break][break]

You couldn't even if you tried, his ego inwardly corrected — but it was only a fleeting first reaction. In truth, knew he was playing with fire when it came to .[break][break]

Though she was relatively tame around him, he knew her to be a volatile thing, controlled by the whims of her chaotic emotions.[break][break]

A good thing, then, that he'd patiently cultivated the love that now shone in that vulnerable gaze of hers. It was a more reliable sentiment than the grudges and hatred that she bore.[break][break]

"It seems our feelings are mutual, then." He replied, his voice thrumming with warmth and affection as his arms folded around her further, pulling her even closer. [break][break]

"And if that's the case... I was wondering something." Pulling back slightly, he tucked a soft finger under her chin, encouraging eye contact.[break][break]

"Why would Tapu Fini stop you? Did she not already abandon ? Why would she care if you killed him..."[break][break]

Did the deity truly have 's wellbeing at the heart of it's actions?

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 20:58:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"It seems our feelings are mutual, then."
[break]

Elation and terror flashed in her eyes, both emotions stripped naked before him as he pulled her in. How easily he smiled at her as he confessed such things. How comfortably he wrapped her in his embrace, despite knowing the truth of the woman she was.[break][break]

Was this forgiveness, then? Was this absolution for all the times her heart had wronged or been wronged by another? Or was this just another punishment in disguise?[break][break]

He tilted her chin up to face him, and those disjointed thoughts faded as he forced her to recall a different man, one whom she had no desire to revisit given the weight of this newfound revelation.[break][break]

But as she was slowly beginning to realize, she could never deny anything.[break][break]

"Tapu Fini views as her possession," she said, musing on the day she'd met the deity on the coast of Sootopolis. "She is a vindictive being, and that trait is what binds us together."[break][break]

Elisabeth understood this emotion, she thought, though not quite the way the deity did. But in a fundamental way, she understood her behavior.[break][break]

"I believe she's punishing him for leaving her," she concluded, brushing a strand of hair out from his face. His cobalt blue eyes captivated her the longer she stared into them, gently encouraging her to continue. "She wants him to suffer for abandoning her. Death will not help her accomplish that end, I think."[break][break]

But somehow, I will, came a nagging thought, one that became all the more unsettling the longer she dwelled on it. I'm meant to be her instrument of torture, as her Avatar.[break][break]

Though she didn't fully comprehend how.[break][break]

"Why? Are you worried for me?" she asked him, attempting to sound playful. The sincerity of the question belied its levity, however; the idea of hurting him in any way distressed her more deeply than she wanted to admit.[break][break]

She wanted to spare him of any and all pain, this included.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 22:17:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]
[break]

"Always." And there was a modicum of truth to that. He cared for her, in his own way.[break][break]

Perhaps not worried for her wellbeing, however, as likely assumed. Not entirely, anyway. The sentiment was more similar to worry over his investment in her — the time he'd put in, the emotional energy. He didn't want to see that put in jeopardy. [break][break]

"What are your plans for now? You'll continue Tapu Fini's punishment, then?" He asked, softly, weariness beginning to taper at the edges of his words.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FORGET-ME-NOT
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 22:39:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Irrational annoyance flared inside her at this continued topic of unwanted conversation. She didn't want to think about the way the councilman had looked at her that October day; she didn't want to consider how Tapu Fini might be manipulating her as a pawn in a game with win conditions she didn't understand.[break][break]

A sense of foreboding permeated the memory of that encounter, hinting that it was a chapter as-yet unfinished -- tied to an ending she still couldn't predict.[break][break]

"One Silph at a time, hm?" she teased him, burying her frustration beneath a pale attempt at humor. "I will see what Walsh wishes of me, and plan accordingly. For now, my only plans are to be with you tonight."[break][break]

She pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, swept up in a rush of tender affection at the sight of him beginning to drift into slumber. There was a vulnerability to seeing him like this that warmed her.[break][break]

A silly belief that she could protect him, so long as she held him in her arms like this, flitted into her mind unbidden. It was a childish thought, and she rebuked herself for ever thinking it; nonetheless, for a moment, it felt true.[break][break]

She pulled the blankets over them both, pressing her body close to his and curling up against him for comfort. "I worry about you, too, you know," she whispered, butterflying another kiss across his cheek. "I always have."[break][break]

Before Tapu Fini had wielded her against its former Avatar.[break][break]

Before Wo-chien had rotted her heart and her mind.[break][break]

Before a rain-soaked night shared in a cottage that no longer existed.[break][break]

"Always," she promised him again, the words becoming a yawn as her own eyelids fluttered shut.[break][break]

Always.

[attr="class","pkmn"]