Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:07:35 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Ah. You're here."[break][break]

An eerily calm demeanor from Rocket's most volatile underboss greeted the three Rocket underlings that had been summoned for this particular mission. The blonde woman offered them a thin smile that didn't quite touch her eyes as she assessed them each silently for their value.[break][break]

She recognized some from the S.P.E.C.T.R.A. Trinity Trials; their files flipped through her mind, casually recalled, before she continued.[break][break]

"Doubtless, you are wondering what brings you here to the communal baths. Behind me are the closed-off baths that only Rocket's higher echelon are privy to." Her smile widened somewhat, as if amused at the knowledge of some unspoken secret. "Today being an exception, of course."[break][break]

Behind the door, an ominous sound much like the shuddering and shattering of something heavy could be heard.[break][break]

Peculiarly, Elisabeth ignored this.[break][break]

"A rather irritating Pokemon has been rampaging here, however, as you can tell. Hence the need for your janitorial services. You aren't expected to kill the creature, but to mitigate the damage instead."[break][break]

A hand gestured towards them benevolently, opening the floor for them to speak.[break][break]

"Do you have any questions before you proceed?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:20:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Team Rocket was going under, and here was the proof: grunts were doubling up as janitors for no extra pay.

Howard expected this from decrepit Burger Kinglers, Pokemarts, and morally dubious internships. He did not expect it from the mafia that managed to take over an entire city. All the grunts had drawn straws to see who would get this job, and naturally Howard, Shred, and Grigori had been sent on a mission with a 99 percent chance of failure.

Nonetheless, the meeting with the other grunts had been as somber as the secret meeting that happened in the Cave of Origin some months ago. There were tearful farewells, sobbing into shoulders, and even a stray cat that went on a rampage. Granted, it was a Perrserker and not a Treasure of Ruin, but still.

Yes, they were here to make sure that Elisabeth Fiorelli, Underboss Extraordinaire, voted 'most terrible individual to work under' in the Team Rocket Grunt Magazine, was satisfied.

It was like asking for hell to freeze over, or for to not kill people.

"Question." Howard said cautiously, as if speaking up against a dictator. He had several questions, actually, but he supposed that asking 'why' was the fastest way to get punted off a cliff. "What's in there? And how are we going to mitigate it with those?"

Howard pointed to a bucket and three mops, with no cleaning solution in sight.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 1:20:28 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Today just really isn't a good day for you, is it?

First of all, it's a Monday. That's not inherently bad, but it's the day after a weekend, so of course that means you're also hungover. Then, you get shafted by the chore lottery and end up with janitor duty for the day. And, to top it all off, you've been called into some mysterious meeting with the higher-ups that they keep playing coy about. So, to summarise: Your head hurts, you're stuck scrubbing walls and mopping floors, and there's a strong possibility that you're going to be murdered before you see tomorrow. Joy.

Still, it's not all bad. The woman briefing you is pretty easy on the eyes. Apparently, she's someone important within Team Rocket. What was it... Admin? Underboss? Underadmin? Something like that. Whatever she is, just standing in front of her makes Howard act like a death row inmate. Grigori, meanwhile, is as stoic as ever. Personally? You think she's pretty hot, but that's neither here nor there.

"Nope." You simply reply, walking past Elisabeth as you make for the door. After all, what questions would you even need to ask? This is a glorified animal control job, how hard can it really be? Plus, you get to glance at her ass as you walk past, and you figure that's good motivation to keep you going. "No point stalling. After all, this'll be over in no time."

Yeah, you're totally "that guy" right now. You're definitely "him". She's very "impressed". Nevertheless, you keep laying the "cool" on thick. Raising your foot, you plant a boot straight in the middle of the door to the baths, kicking it wide open...

Or at least, that's the plan. Instead, your foot bounces off, the door doesn't budge an inch, and your leg hurts, too. Hm. That's weird. Why the hell is the door stuck? And why the hell did it have to happen while girls were watching?

"...Gregory, open the door, please."

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 3:35:32 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Even if this had been by pure coincidence and luck, Grigori felt that something had determined he would be standing in front of one Elisabeth Fiorelli. Arceus, who wanted some karmic revenge? Or perhaps Declan Walsh, to show that he could not attack those above him without consequences. Maybe fate itself felt it necessary for them to meet again.

Ms. Fiorelli, I only want the truth: did you manipulate conditions in order to ensure I ended up here?” Grigori asked. A question that opened him up for many potential consequences: A slap to the face. Gutting. Torture. Her pet torturing him as she watched with glee. “I must insist that I apologize for my actions during that meeting. I was not in entire control of my actions.

Emotional manipulation. Likely not intentional, given all that occurred there. One beast went straight to another and tried to gut them, if memory served. Not even Grigori himself could hold anyone accountable or in discontent. Did Elisabeth feel the same?

Speaking of, back to the task at hand. As long as she didn’t kill him where he stood, then there was no question as to his duties. He walked right past Elisabeth, past Shred (the man knew they could all see his obvious, lustful glances, right?), and straight to the door. “Keep your head in check, Mr. Shred.

He tried to open the door with all his strength. This felt unnecessarily hard. Did they weld the door shut? Maybe a stray, rabid Magcargo had found its way inside and melted the steel into itself. That or a Heatran. Muscles strained, his face grew redder and redder by the second. After a few seconds, he took a short break.

One… two…” Grigori muttered to himself. At the mental count of three, he put a sudden burst of strength behind his force. Only then did the door finally relent and open for the three grunts.

But the sight of it nearly gave him a heart attack. “For the love of…

Why was the snail in there?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 3:01:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

Three starkly different reactions presented themselves. Suspicion exuded from the first, , whose bespectacled face conveyed a caution that she'd found to be a rarity in their organization. Useful, undoubtedly, if irritating in this immediate short-term. She'd have to remember this one's name.[break][break]

Brazen personalities showed themselves more frequently, such as that of , or sly and self-assured personalities, such as that of .[break][break]

A strange bastardization of both qualities manifested in the second, , whose attempt to ooze charm quite literally landed flat as he failed to kick the door open. His posturing elicited the faintest arch of the underboss's eyebrow, before her face smoothed back to its previously fixed, neutral expression.[break][break]

Better to leave that little faux paus unacknowledged.[break][break]

And... hm, was that fear she sensed from the third member of this group? Elisabeth's emerald eyes narrowed in on , struggling to place a name to the face. Didn't she know him from somewhere else? Had he done some shopping for her? The more he spoke, the more confused she became.[break][break]

What meeting was he talking about...? She'd been in terribly many, after all. The blonde's vanity and self-absorption had already entirely erased the insignificant nobody who'd tackled her from her memory, but admitting this seemed unwise.[break][break]

People might question her ability to be detail-oriented, and they'd been questioning her competence enough these days. How bothersome.[break][break]

"You're quite right, of course," she began, speaking to Howard first, "that if we expected mops alone to succeed in this task, we wouldn't have enlisted the work of three capable trainers such as yourselves."[break][break]

The false flattery sat with a smile on her lips for a moment. It could be taken as mocking, given the way Shred had failed to conduct himself in a capable manner, but for once that biting commentary hadn't been her intention.[break][break]

"But as for it being a punishment," she added, turning to Grigori with an unsettlingly intensity of demeanor, "I would not assume every chance to prove yourself in the organization is out of spite. Anything for the glory of Team Rocket, no?"[break][break]

The veil of a threat hung in the air before the door burst open, revealing another very real threat standing in the center of the muck-infested communal baths.[break][break]

Any hopes this was a common Muk were immediately dashed as the sight of the Ruinous Beast, Wo-chien, came into focus.[break][break]

[break]

It was throwing a temper tantrum, evidently.[break][break]

Slime and gunk clung to the walls of the place, a reeking stench permeating from every visible surface that knocked into those present like an unrelenting wave of misery and resentment.[break][break]

Even the most strong-willed among them would experience that twinge of unpleasant emotion, whispering at festering GRUDGES the Beast could sense hiding underneath their (mostly) professional demeanor.[break][break]

The snail's ochre eyes narrowed in on the intruders with seething indignation, hissing loudly for them to stay back.[break][break]

"Well," Elisabeth continued, seeming undisturbed by the garish spectacle as she sighed and rolled her shoulders, "let me know when you're done. Wo-chien is a bit fussy, but I'm certain you'll find a way to convince it to scatter."[break][break]

They'd hear the receding clack of her heels against the floor as she spoke, washing her hands of the problem.[break][break]

"If you can't though, well. There are certainly ways of learning from failure. Just less pleasant, I find."[break][break]

The door slammed, and the click of a key announced locking behind it.[break][break]

It was just the three men now, and a single solitary snail.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 10:04:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Wo-chien? The snail had a fucking name?

Of course it did. It was a Pokemon that Team Rocket grunts whispered about while drinking their breakfasts from blenders or while out on missions. Elisabeth Fiorelli and her legendary snail. Howard thought it was a metaphor, or an innuendo, or simply a jab at how slow she was at doling out their paychecks.

Howard squeezed his eye shut as he was pushed into the bathroom with his colleagues, mop in hand. He had only brought one Pokemon with him—Donald D. Dollars—but he didn't need it, right? Donald was just here to help balance his checkbooks. Howard didn't see what the issue was, given he had only spent about 40,000 PD on a Unovan mummy, but whatever. He still had enough to eat boiled cabbages.

"There's not gonna be a snail." Howard whispered fervently. "There'll just be a Muk. It'll be fine."

Snail-like hissing filled the room. That was just a leaky faucet.

"I'm gonna open my eyes... no snail."

The hissing got louder. Man, Howard felt the inhuman urge to throttle Shred. Why didn't he have to pay any student debt? Why were his shades so cool?

"No snail..." Howard opened his eyes.

Shit, there it was.

In a perfectly rational situation, Howard would've wanted to study its tablets. They were an ancient artifact, and if he was more confident, he would've studied them or stashed them in his apartment somewhere. Now, those feelings were forgotten in exchange for a mixture of revulsion and terror.

Forget the snail. How were they gonna clean this up with a mop?

The snail hissed again, and Howard bolted. Elisabeth slammed the door shut and locked the door. Howard screamed at the door as Elisabeth went to ruin some poor grunt's life.

That wouldn't stop Howard from throwing a fit.

"HELP US!!! I DON'T WANNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Howard slammed on the door. Shit. Which grunt had the janitorial keys this week? Fuck. Fuck. Wait, wasn't it ? Howard whipped out his phone and rapidly punched in a phone number. After it rang and clicked, Howard began texting.

TO BLENDER GUY:

KOUJI HELP

KOUJI HELP

MOTHERFUCKER I KNOW IT'S YOUR WORKOUT DAY

COME TO THE BATHS AND UNLOCK IT WITH THE KEY

why

SNAIL

EVIL SNAIL

:(

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

don't got it, sorry. On your own.

Breathing heavily, Howard stuffed his phone in his pocket. He looked at the snail. He threw his mop at it.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 8:21:55 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As you step into the baths, you're faced with a sight more akin to the sewers of Spikemunth than anywhere people would go to relax. There's filth EVERYWHERE: Muck on the floors, sludge on the walls, and ooze on the ceilings. You sniff the air, and are attacked by what can only be described as the stench of guttering. Y'know, like stale rainwater and rotting leaves and bird shit, that sort of thing? All in all, it's a fairly wretched assault on your senses, and coming from you? That's saying something.

And in the middle of it all is the culprit behind this act of vandalism - A snail. Apparently, it's name is Wo-Chien? That's a pretty weird name for a snail, but hey, your Gholdengo is called Chester C. Coins, so who are you to judge?

You look at the snail, and the snail looks back at you. All of a sudden, you're reminded of that time three weeks again when Howard borrowed your pocket knife. Why hadn't he returned it yet? How long could he possibly need your pocket knife for? If he really needs it for so long, couldn't he just buy his own pocket knife? No, he probably doesn't even need it, does he? He's probably just too lazy to return it to you, the bastard! You look away from Wo-Chien and over to Howard, ready to chide the man for his failures, but as soon as you take your eyes off the snail, you falter. Hm. Well, he's currently busy crying and pleading and begging for his life, so this probably isn't a good time. The knife can wait.

For now.

"Fucking hell, man, get a grip!" You shout at Howard, watching him fruitlessly toss his mop towards the beast with little effect. "What's wrong with you? It's just a snail! Are you really so afraid of this... What even is it, actually? Paldean Magcargo?"

You glance back at Wo-chien. You don't know what it actually is, but you do know that it looks pretty cool. And, thinking about it, they did say that you just had to mitigate the damage, right? Well, you know of one way to stop a rampaging wild Pokemon. Idly, your hand shifts down to your Pokeballs, lingering on an empty one for a moment, before sliding over to those containing your team.

"Alright, look, how are we doing this?" You ask aloud, looking over to your peers. You're talking to the both of them, but really, you're addressing Grigori, because you're getting the sense that Howard will be too busy shitting himself to actually help. "We just need to to stop it from causing any more damage, right? And the best way to do that is to knock it out, yeah? So let's just send out our heaviest hitters, and hit it heavily. Does that sound like a plan?"

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 22:29:25 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Well, it seemed that Elisabeth lied just as naturally as she breathed: the thing was hers, damn it. Why couldn’t she figure it out herself? Not like these baths were open to anyone but the highest of the high here. This would be the first, and likely last, time Grigori even entered.

Lest they made him a janitor proper.

Fortunately for Grigori, though, the grudges that came to the surface did not muddy his emotions much. He’d felt these before. He would not let them win out again. It did mean he was more annoyed with Shred easier. The man called him the wrong name on purpose, right? Had to.

But that did not make the place clean. Nor placate the snail, which hissed at the small group without discrimination. “This is the Pokémon under the control of one Elisabeth Fiorelli, Mr. Shred. The one who just left. And locked the door. Not sure what it is, but it’s a one of a kind, to say the least.

The plan proposed by Shred seemed fine enough. He didn’t know how well their overseer would take the fainting of her Pokémon, but it felt almost necessary. Grigori nodded along, “For once, I can’t find anything to disagree with. Might as well give it a shot and see what happens.

But which of his team did he send to tangle with the Ruinous Beast? Probably best to get Scizor on the job. It’d at least know what they were dealing with, if only a little. So, he sent out the red insect with a flash of light. It looked to its trainer, annoyed at the silly circumstances but otherwise ready to act.

If you two can distract it, create an opening, Scizor here can put a dent in its shell,” he said. Scizor took that as a sign to get ready for a quick and simple fight: it started to do a little pre-victory jig. The clash of swords and metal echoed in the small room as it did a Swords Dance.

What do you two have in terms of Pokémon?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 22:44:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal snail"]
[attr="class","top"]
[break]

Humans were such pathetic creatures, stinking with unearned avarice and arrogance. Ochre eyes swiveled from one slovenly excuse for a meal to the next, a displeased hiss hinting at the Ruinous Beast's foul mood.[break][break]

It hungered so much more as of late. Wo-chien's usual source of nourishment had gained the audacity to deny the whetting of its appetite for grudges and resentment, blocking off her mind with that infernal pink mist.[break][break]

But all mortals could be taught their place.[break][break]

If wasn't here to be broken, then these three swine she'd chosen would have to do, instead.[break][break]

A pity their grudges tasted so weak in comparison. Lapping up dishwater was better than starving of thirst, the Ruinous Beast supposed.[break][break]

Of the three, seemed closest to sating its desire for chaos. The way his hands itched for his pocket knife were telling.[break][break]

Perhaps that's why Wo-chien aimed its BURNING JEALOUSY towards that audacious creature first, the flames cutting through the toxic vat the communal baths had quickly become. The impact spewed gag-inducing fumes in all directions.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".snail"] --accent:#cc7722!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#cc7722; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:47:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"HELP!!! LET ME OUTTTTTTT!" Howard banged at the door helplessly, before finally giving up. He let out a groan and turned to Grigori and Shred, who was eyeing him suspiciously. Hey, didn't Shred owe him twenty dollars for that UBEReats a few months ago?

That fucker still hadn't paid him back!

What about Grigori? He made, like, 900 more PD than Howard did! That wasn't particularly fair! He had a bike, but he was perfectly willing to carpool with Howard on the way to jobs. Howard's eye twitched, before turning to the snail.

Immediately, the feeling ceased. Howard's eye narrowed.

"Arceus above... It all makes sense!" Howard pointed at the snail. "The snail is the reason our boss is a total piece of shit! Just look at i-"

Howard let out a yelp as he dodged away from Shred and the incoming Burning Jealousy. Reaching for his belt, Howard threw out Shirley. The Aerodactyl let out a roar as it snarled at Wo-chien. This thing may have been historically relevant, but it also wanted to kill them.

"That's all I've got, man. I didn't think we'd be fighting a god!" Howard whined as he looked at Grigori. Luckily, Howard was never much help in a fight, so nobody expected much from him anyway. The fact that he had sent out an Aerodactyl against Wo-chien proved that anyone else in Rocket would've been infinitely more useful.

Oh well.

That didn't matter, though. They may have been three grunts that made less money than Elisabeth did. She might not know their names. Or care. Or have a shred of kindness in her cold, snail-filled heart. Today, three ordinary men would fell a god.

Even if that god was a relatively minor one sitting in a pool inside of a luxury bathroom.

"Ice Fang!" Shirley let out a roar as she flew towards the snail.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 8:31:46 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"FUCK!"

You throw yourself out of the way of the gout of searing flame, tumbling across the tiled floor and sliding until you hit the wall. It's a hard landing, sure, but it's way better than getting burnt black by fire. Damned piece of shit... If he thinks he can get away with this, then he's got another thing coming! You're going to crush that thing's shell beneath your goddamned boot! Enraged, you blindly snatch one of the Pokeballs from your belt, and proceed to toss it out towards the snail.

"KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER!"

And emerging from that flash of red was a creature out of time. Talons clacked against ceramic tiles as feathers rustled in quiet contemplation. A pair of red eyes peered out from under a sedge hat of plumage, looking towards Wo-Chien. A predator, staring at prey. The question is, which was which?

"It seems that you are my enemy today." The Hisuian Decidueye declared, outstretching a winged arm. "Make your peace and say your prayers, creature of evil, for today is the day you fall."

With that confident declaration, the owl sprinted forth, leaping up above the Aerodactyl and diving down to deliver a Brave Bird to the body of the Wo-chien.

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 16:48:21 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Grigori, too, dodged to the side. Not out of fear of being hit by the hot flames, but because he didn’t want Shred to run into him instead. They’d fall to the ground and be easy prey to that thing’s powers. At that point, it’d be Howard alone that would have to clean the room, and the grunt knew that man’s definition of ‘neat and organized’.

It rivaled Wo-chiens.

Scizor rapidly changed positions as well, entirely out of fear. One lick of flame, and it’d be a complete goner. It waited a few moments for the other two Pokémon to charge ahead before it followed in pursuit, hopeful that the enemy would completely ignore it.

I’m not sure it’s a God, but I’m sure we can take it out,” Grigori reassured Howard. However, he did spare a glance back at where its attack had landed. A massive black mark added to the wall, its smell almost as horrid as the bath themselves. “We don’t have a choice.

While he stood back and waited to see how he and the other two would need to respond, the Scizor perched off to the side, claws clicking quietly while its two ‘companions’ attacked. If it couldn’t land a blow on that stupid ice cat in the cave, it’d sure as shit succeed this time around.

Get ready to eat shit and die, you troglodyte!

A buzz filled the room. Small wings flapped with all their might, and the Scizor rushed forward. This time, dangerous fangs in the form of a Bug Bite threatened to +2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tablets of Ruin Wo-Chien: 700-828 (187.1 - 221.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 5:40:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal snail"]
[attr="class","top"]
[break]
The flames failed to hit their mark, but that didn't mean no injuries had been sustained. Wo-chien snickered silently at the way the now-prone human cursed and screamed, having stumbled into the slime-caked wall instead. It didn't miss the way the others leapt out of the way, either. There were cracks in the bonds that formed this little trio of humans.[break][break]

Well, well, well. How fortuitous.[break][break]

One by one, an army of winged creatures entered the baths-turned-battlefield, their shadows looming over the endless pool of goo. Wo-chien's beady eyes took in the Aerodactyl and the frozen light of an ICE FANG building behind its jaws. It calculated the arrival of the Hisuian Decidueye's BRAVE BIRD. It turned to see the Scizor buzzing forward, teeth bared in a razor sharp BITE.[break][break]

All it needed was a single attack to accomplish its desired result.[break][break]

RUINATION built in a massive dome over the Ruinous Beast's head, and as crackling black energies surged like storm clouds in anticipation, the heightened sense of GRUDGES and RESENTMENT seeped through the room like a bitter fog.[break][break]

As it swelled with power, darkly intrusive thoughts whispered into the minds of those present. Pokemon included.[break][break]

Didn't Shirley the Aerodactyl find the injustice of the wage disparity between its trainer and the Scizor's perfectly insufferable?[break][break]

Come to think of it, the Hisuian Decidueye might wonder, didn't the owner of the Aerodactyl owe its master one lost pocket knife?[break][break]

Abruptly, the Scizor found itself disgusted by the self-righteous attitude of the Hisuian Decidueye. As if that birdbrain's owner hadn't indulgently slept for hours while its own diligent master bravely drove through the hellish highways to Slateport?![break][break]

Many things happened at once.[break][break]

ICE FANGS swerved towards buzzing insect; a BITE clamped down towards noble owl; a BRAVE BIRD stormed towards fossilized creature.[break][break]

And a suddenly released RUINATION bloomed at the center of the premises, bursting outwards to throw everything in its path towards the stagnant and dirtied baths, as if tossing out the trash.[break][break]

"We will ruin them all."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".snail"] --accent:#cc7722!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#cc7722; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 7:54:12 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The god of grudges could rage all it wished, that didn't change the fact that it was channeling the power of the damned from inside a pool that Walsh himself had probably pissed in.

Sure, the Super Pals Team of Howard, Shred, and Grigori was as solid as steel. Nothing could break their bond, besides stealing money from one another, shooting a friend's daughter out of the sky, or getting arrested by the Top Champion. Besides that, their teamwork and comradery had gotten them through dozens of trials. They had fought a god of lightning made manifest in Ultra Plant, after all.

The bonds between their Pokémon, though? A different story. That bond was as strong as the chains keeping the snail and its three colleagues locked up in the Border.

Much like that seal, the bonds between these Pokémon were easily broken. Thus, they were.

Immediately, Shirley's eyes widened and her pupils dilated. With a snarl, the ice crystals in her mouth grew in size as she prepared to strike at her target. It just so happened that the target had changed. Snail was off the menu, but Scizor would suffice.

Weaving through strikes, Shirley tore at Grigori's Scizor, encasing the insect in a prison of ice. The Scizor was frozen.

"Shirley, what the FUCK?" Howard screamed as Ruination affected his Pokémon. "Girl, compose yourself!"

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 14:36:47 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Everything seems to be going remarkably well, up until the point it isn't.

Grudges overtake the mind of Decidueye. The clarity of his purpose is muddled by the insidious power of ruin. In an instant, the seeds of disdain grow into a flower of hate, which proceeds to blossom into violence.

As the Aerodactyl lands a chilling bite and freezes the Scizor solid, it leaves the owl completely free to do as it wishes. The Brave Bird, meant to strike down foul snail, instead comes crashing down into the back of the prehistoric predator. The result is brutal, not just for the victim, but for the one dealing the blow, too. The recoil of slamming into stone at high speed bruises flesh, cracks bones, and ruffles feather. And, in a much needed windfall, it also breaks whatever spell had taken hold of the bird.

"Ngh...!"

With a grunt, the Decidueye hits the floor, reeling from both the physical and mental punishment. Weary eyes look up towards the Tablets of Ruin, now enlightened to the nature of the atrocity before it. It was not looking at a snail. It was like looking into a deep abyss, darker than the deepest ocean, more sinister than anything man could dream up.

You, meanwhile, are looking at a snail.

"...Decidueye, what the FUCK are you doing?"

"Apologies, Zeppelin. I cannot defeat this opponent."

"What? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Against the devil;
There is only one option;

A hasty retreat."

And then, the Decidueye makes good on their haiku. With a swift U-turn, it quickly returns back into its Pokeball, and in its place, another is sent out in a red flash of light. Fucking bastard. You thought that he was a bird of prey, not a cowardly little turtle dove! Why can't any of your Pokemon ever just be normal and follow your orders? You grit your teeth. No no, this is fine, you can still make this work! As long as whatever Pokemon that comes out next is half-decent, you can still--

"Gadzooks!"

--FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.