Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Dirty Jean Rocker
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 9:20:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That's because the dead can't hear the requiems that we sing to them. They're peaceful because you weren't there to witness their destruction."

The projector turned on, and one of the pieces that Howard had discussed during the lecture appeared before Dylan. The archaeologist put his hand on his hip and smiled. He tapped at the board behind him, his figure cast a long shadow on the projected work. It all returned to the past. It all returned to what came before.

"Do you think the corpses and skeletons left behind by this war are at peace more than you and me? That's pretentious, but it's a beautiful thing to dream."

The monitor flicked off, and Howard clapped Dylan on the shoulder. He didn't know anything about the man's past. He wasn't aware of Dylan's past with his father, his time spent working in offices, or his struggles as a former student. All he saw was a man who was chasing something. A dream, an ideal, a goal. Those were admirable.

Howard could not fault Dylan.

"I wish you the best on hunting down this 'green slime'. I've never heard of such a phenomenon. Tell me about it if you ever find a sample." Howard said as he shouldered his briefcase. "I teach here pretty often."

close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Dirty Jean Rocker
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 9:49:46 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

The projector groaned to life, a pane of light hitting the wall. Howard circled back to a key point in his earlier lecture about the war between Galar and Kalos. Their shadows were cast on the wall, but Howard still pointed to a slide with perfect clarity.

Dylan glanced aside, mulling it over. "Dream as it may be, I only say they're at peace because their war is over. It's tragic that they didn't live to see it.".

Howard clapped him on the shoulder. Dylan's eyes lit up. He'd had his ideas and goals made all the more clear, and all the more easy to act on or defend. He stood there in his bulky boots, trying so hard to look standoffish. But he beamed at this sign of approval.

"I know where to look again. The next time I see you, I'll have pictures, or a piece of skin in a microscope slide." He said, hand clasping the strap on his own bag. "Thanks for letting me sit in on your lecture."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Dirty Jean Rocker
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 9:59:43 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You're welcome to sit in, anytime. If I kicked out someone who wanted to learn something, I'd be a pretty shitty lecturer!"

Howard laughed as he guided the straggling academic from the lecture hall, then locked it shut with a key. Given that he wasn't a professor or a member of the university's staff, Howard didn't want to get in hot water with the dean or chair. Losing his privileges was something he wanted to avoid.

"I've got to return this key, then head over to the university's labs. Don't be a stranger." Howard's footsteps clacked against tile as he left Dylan to his thoughts and goals. The chance encounter had clarified much, and had left an uncertain path for Dylan.

The skeletons of the past, the green slime, the monsters from another world, the mechanized abominations...

They all pointed in one direction.

They pointed towards Ultra Space.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,908 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Dirty Jean Rocker
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 4:09:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven